Author Topic: [ORP] An Nasr and the Lioness  (Read 4392 times)

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
  • Honour: 1
Re: [ORP] An Nasr and the Lioness
« Reply #30 on: 30 June, 2014, 05:43:05 PM »
- Your Royal Highness, forgive me, the stranger from countries full of sands. Perhaps I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Nasr. I belong to al-Zarqai family. They call me the White.  I come here, cos Your Royal Highness asked me for that. I couldn't refuse Royal Request, so am I here and ask for audience… if Your Majesty still wishes so...

Giulia nodded in hearing those words. She smiled courteously - My curiosity is delighted to meet a man from so far lands....

She paused, looking at the Lord Chamberlain approaching the group too. Irony flashed in her eyes and she added - as well as it's sorely put to test by the stubborn punctiliousness of Lord Welmer about Midsummer celebrations.

She looked at Sir Andries, saying - Please, Sir Andries, take Sir Nasr al-Zarqai in the throne room.
In turning back, she saw the man again straightened up and their eyes crossed for a while. She felt something was disturbing Sir Andries, but she had missed the gesture with which the man in white had covered his face again.

Verba movent, exempla trahunt - εἶ, γνῶθι σεαυτόν, μηδὲν ἄγαν

(RIP) Nasr The White

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Honour: 0
« Reply #31 on: 30 June, 2014, 09:53:44 PM »
Al-Zarqai was confused. He almost stammered:
- but.. Your Highness.. - he forgot of his scarf on the face, it fell down and showed his abashed look - You wished to listen music.. and I'm without lute now.. - Nasr noticed that kids are watching him. He took deep breath. He knew monarch can change their mind in one while. He also had "blue blood" in his vines. Thus that was obvious to him. Same he knew women who are same stable in their wishes. Now Nasr saw how it works in case of female monarch. He smiled to himself and added much more calm:

- of course I'm on Your Majesty's order all the time and I'm ready to wait all day long for a chance to meet and to serve to Your Royal Curiosity - Nasr wasn't sure if Her Highness listens him. He looked on Mathijs and blinked gently. His eyes was trying to say "learn, son, learn how to speak with gentle ladies"

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #32 on: 01 July, 2014, 10:24:33 PM »
Giulia ironically smiled. She would simply wanted to lead the man to take his liute, quickly by her horse, but she knew as her duties were others now.
So, she simply whispered with a sigh - where flies the eagle on the sky? what a target found his eye?
Then, looking straight in his eyes she said - May I count, Sir Nasr al-Zarqai, the eagle will elicit your music inspiration once again, in the late afternoon?

This time under these velvet words there was a evident order she was expecting to be satisfied without any further delay.

(RIP) Nasr The White

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #33 on: 01 July, 2014, 10:55:42 PM »
Nasr couldn't understood what say eyes of Queen. But in this look was something intriguing, some kind of unsaid order. He almost forgot he speaks with monarch, almost.

- Your Majesty, those who has eagle in hearth can fly any time. Same like those who has the lion in his heart can hunt anything they wishes - Nasr smiled courteous to the Queen and took short look on kids. He changed his language to latin to say something what won't be understandable for them: - Speaking of them.. I just promised to Your Royal's wards I'll visit them with the lioness. I don't want disappoint them now…

He made short break. Had to weigh few things. Then he left latin speech, since nothing more was to hide - to avoid the fight between music and "other" fun, I would like to take my brother as helper to keep.. the peace.

Nasr unintentionally blinked. It wasn't best idea, but this time he could stop himself. Indeed he forgot how to talk with monarchs and ladies. To erase this act, he bowed once again and added officially - We are on Your Majesty's order - then he said quietly - any order.

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #34 on: 06 July, 2014, 10:15:11 AM »
- Your Majesty, those who has eagle in hearth can fly any time. Same like those who has the lion in his heart can hunt anything they wishes

Giulia was surprised at that mention of the lion, unexpectedly man's words were vibrating in herself in a very personal way, even if the most obvious mention was  the Flemish lion.

- Speaking of them.. I just promised to Your Royal's wards I'll visit them with the lioness. I don't want disappoint them now…

She smiled courtesly, aware as Rianne and Mathijs didn't lost the meaning of those latin words. They were improving very fast in their education. She was just a bit surprised about  his knowledge, until this moment the man had spoken in common language with quite ready tongue. She looked more deeply the man standing in front of her...

- to avoid the fight between music and "other" fun, I would like to take my brother as helper to keep.. the peace. We are on Your Majesty's order

But he bowed suddenly again. So, she nodded and replied - Very well, Sir Nasr al-Zarqai, I will wait you all at None at the Palace - asking herself if he was confident with that name. An irony flash passed through her eyes.

(RIP) Nasr The White

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #35 on: 07 July, 2014, 11:25:10 PM »
Nasr bowed once again thus he didn't see the irony in Queen's eyes - If Your Royal Business doesn't need me, I'll move away to prepare myself for the honor of further meeting - He liked to add something more, but he knew it isn't time for talk. He had to appreciate the fact a monarch paid him so much attention without prior notice.

Then he turned toward children and nodded - Milady, I'd be grateful if You would like to gladden me by your presence during my next visit here. Same, you Sir, I'm looking forward for next occasion to meet you..

Now he was ready to leave the Palace. He got all what he wanted to receive. Or even more, since he didn't count of meeting with the Queen in person. Just a one word didn't give him rest. Does Queen mixed words "none" and "noon" especially or by accident. Anyway it was too late to ask, and such question wouldn't be most diplomatic one.

(RIP) Nasr The White

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #36 on: 26 August, 2014, 12:15:23 PM »
Nasr went from palace embarrassed. He couldn't understand the hour of meeting. Of course he could ask anyone. But that would show his weakness. He wasn't used to do that. Nasr repeated queen's answer once again, and again. It was like some kind of mantra. Finally, resigned and decided to go to the palace in any hour. Always he can find excuse why they are earlier that should be.. Definitely "the noon" it would be too late.

The salvage came in last moment. And came from most proper place - the bishop palace. There he heard a talk of some monks. "ad horam nonam" was all what he needed! "How could I be so stupid.. seems I'm losing my mind.. not good.. not good".

When he back to inn where he were living now, he went straight to his brother: "the reward waits for all good peoples under the sun!" said smiled. "The sun burns all peoples who wait for reward and don't hide before it". A pessimistic answer was said with a irony. "Don't hide yourself when the Sun is waiting to shine for you in person!". Jasir looked deeply into Nasr's eyes. He didn't want ask for detail. They knew each other a bit, and not always words were necessary to understand second person. Jasir smiled and said just "when?". "at 9. take a lioness".

"and a camel!" added Jasir. Now Nasr was confused "a camel? That isn't so far away from here.." His older brother smiled and said with condescension "when you go to woman, you take caramel, and when you go to kids.." Nasr dropped his hands "but only one! I don't need to big mess there.."

Just before night hour a man in white with his lioness came to the Palace. Just after him stand a man with huge bactrian.

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #37 on: 26 August, 2014, 04:26:04 PM »
Giulia returned to the Royal palace. In the main hall she nodded to Lord Welmer to confer with Sir Andries and rapidly ascended the grand staircase. Now already turned, Giulia smiled amused about the imperceptible motion of despair of the Lord Chamberlain  and whispered to herself - It's definitely a party, not an investiture ceremony.

Distinctly she heard Sir Andries's voice - Her Highness will receive a visit this afternoon. A foreigner, Sir Nasr, belonging to the al-Zarqai family. He will be accompanied by his brother and the lioness whose half Brugge is talking about during these days.
Lord Welmer goggled his eyes - A lioness... at the Palace, in the Audience hall?!?... But...
Sir Andries cut short - It's Her Highness' will. And we will not have to be afraid to Her safety, Lord Welmer. A Flemish with such ancient ancestries as You shall not be afraid of a lioness, for sure, right?

Giulia came in hes private rooms. She smiled at Meinsent approaching and said - I would like to change me. I invited to the palace those foreigners who we met yesterday. Rianne and Mathijs wanted to see again that beutiful lioness and me ... I wanted to hear that music again...
Meinseint nodded, looking at her for a moment with a watchful eye, but Giulia had already turned their eyes elsewhere, to her lyre, leaning on a chair. She let dress herself, distracted, while her mind retraced the words of that song.

« Last Edit: 26 August, 2014, 10:28:49 PM by Giulia Aldobrandeschi »