Author Topic: The last stand of rebels - ORP  (Read 3057 times)

(RIP) Harald Magnusson

• General group
  • Honour: 0
Re: The last stand of rebels - ORP
« Reply #15 on: 19 December, 2013, 06:30:42 PM »
At midday the third battle of the Friesland campaign was over.

The rebel leaders had one of their strongholds in the westereesland peninsula. Their main town was Alkmaar but it wasn’t easy to defend, no walls and no possibilities to raise them in a short time. The advantage of such a position was that to get Alkmaar by land there was only one road coming from Brugge, and that road passed through water channels and a couple of dense forests that forced the way to the traveler on the only existing road. Rebels flooded the road and placed many barriers on it converting the path to a morass.

Rebels’ leaders thought that the Flemish Army would have stricken in Utrecht their utmost and last town.
But Harald and his Captain didn’t want to leave a threaten to their back, so a small fleet made of barges was prepared. While the main corp of the army under the leadership of the King of Normandie march towards Utrecht to start the siege of the town, all of the knights and the men at arms were taken on board of the barges fleet and crossed the Markermeer during the night.

The troops landed south the small village of Hoorn and after a 7 miles march they reached Alkmaar and hided into the fields straight west of the town. At dawn a single, long, sound of a war horn started the attack. Even if the surprise was total the defenders fought with courage and bravery, but there were nothing for them to do to hold against the most powerful troops of the Flemish Army. After four hours the battle was over with few wounded and even less dead.

Harald was looking the horizon. The barge was carrying the troops back Markermeer to a small village called Naarden. From the barge Harald could see the roofs of Utrecht. It wouldn’t be so easy the next time, not at all.

(RIP) Soroosh Khakshoor

• General group
  • My Motto: Do Whatever You Want Just Be Yourself
« Reply #16 on: 20 December, 2013, 11:56:57 AM »
Soroosh was standing on a ship.He was looking at Flanders,The war was get over and it was time for him to get back to England.He remembered when he come to Flanders with this ship,And see this beautiful country.He meets so many new people and do so many trades in markets.And after that he remembered the battles he fight.He's last battles was great he was able to fight and get some experience that he came for.And the people that he fight by their side has been great warriors of all Europe.

After a while he get back to his room.He jump on a bed and close his eyes.after a while he open it. the captain was shout:"We arrive to England".After hearing that he get up and pick his bag and get out the ship.He remember that there is so many work That need to be done and so many training he must do.With smile on his face he Tell himself:"I AM HOME".

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
  • Honour: 1
« Reply #17 on: 20 December, 2013, 08:22:51 PM »
"Hem.. well... good morning Lady Giulia. I didn't expect that someone was listening. I had a really strange experience. I gave one of my best hits with this axe,
chopping an head like dry wood. But the victim...  seemed indifferent.  Maybe people with just half a brain is unable to understand to be dead. If so, best to change target,
I suppose"

Giulia smiled gently - I see, Baron Berton. But human brain is sometimes so strange...
In my life I have seen live men so angry to run headlong against walls of iron, without any consciousness of their behaviour...

She paused for a while, as pondering the last thought, then she shook her head as for staving off it and smiling again she added - We are almost ready to leave for Holland's new camp. I hope that you will have some time to spent in Andernach, after the campaign.

Verba movent, exempla trahunt - εἶ, γνῶθι σεαυτόν, μηδὲν ἄγαν

(RIP) Berton Berton

• General group
« Reply #18 on: 20 December, 2013, 11:12:54 PM »
" We are almost ready to leave for Holland's new camp. I hope that you will have some time to spent in Andernach, after the campaign.

Berton forgot immediately any disturbing thought.

"I'll find the time, or I will craft it like a sword.  I have a little friend with me, impatient to know you. Be advised, it's a seductor"