Author Topic: [ORP] Brugge, land of Teos  (Read 2046 times)

(RIP) Galvano Chiaramonte

• General group
  • Honour: 0
  • L'inverno sta arrivando
[ORP] Brugge, land of Teos
« on: 18 September, 2013, 01:15:51 PM »
Anno Domini 1313 18 september.

Brugge.

Galvano walked slowly along the Zwin. He had discovered that morning  the channel between Brugge to the North Sea was opened by a violent storm in 1134.

"Teos had thus supported the people of Brugge donating their relationship with the sea through the storm!Blessed be Teos in his infinite goodness and reason!"

He thought to himself. So was slowly learning the local history. He had been fascinated by the lands crossed in the northern Flanders. It was definitely attracted to Andernach, he would visit soon, as soon as the orders would come from the Bishop of Gent.

Galvano Told with Lorenzo on the future and the voices that spoke of expansions and conflicts in the Mediterranean.

He raised his head in search of the church. The desire to pray in that city surrounded by a divine calm might have driven out the cold light that was coming for days.

He would have prayed and then locked in a tavern waiting to Lorenzo and two very important letters.

(RIP) Harald Magnusson

• General group
Re: [ORP] Brugge, land of Teos
« Reply #1 on: 18 September, 2013, 02:50:05 PM »
Harald was walking with his Royal Guards through the main alleys of the ancient town. It was an habit of him that he tryied not to lose despite his Regent's duties.

His appearances among the People wasn't so common in the last months, but he usually found that the Flemish liked to see their King walk among them, talk with them and share some good ale with them: Something that the Flemish seemed to appreciate very much.

While he was walking trough the markt square he saw a couple of men that seemed to be lost. He saw that the two were foreigner clergymen, so he decided to reach them to ask for news.

• General group
« Reply #2 on: 18 September, 2013, 03:17:33 PM »
They arrived in the main square of Brugge, the markt really felt enveloped in a feeling of calm and serenity. The colors were in contrast to the leaden sky. It was not Brittany, his home,, but he felt at home. He was finnaly away from the hot Sicilian and Neapolitan's weather. Glimpsed as a well-dressed man looked like a King when he bowed and invited to Lorenzo do the same. He looked into his eyes. The physical warrior obviously betrayed him. He nodded a greeting.

"Teos blesses you! My lord, forgive me ... my name Galvano Chiaramonte, former King of Naples voted now to the cause of Teos. This is my traveling companion Lorenzo D'Altavilla, we came here in order of His Holiness the Pope and the Bishop of Gent. were looking for the Cathedral and then the Church. "

He was smiling at him to understand who he was.
« Last Edit: 18 September, 2013, 04:44:01 PM by Galvano Chiaramonte »

(RIP) Lorenzo D'altavilla

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #3 on: 18 September, 2013, 07:38:47 PM »
After such a long journey finally arrived here in Bruges, beautiful city many colors, many-sided and so much love, thanks to my friend Gawain who is teaching me so much, and especially how to be a good believer.
Teos helped us in our arduous journey, making us enter in Flanders and in this wonderful city.
I was distracted to observe and scrutinize the square of Bruges, when from afar I saw a tall, well-dressed, I asked Galvano it could be, and he said he did not know who he was, come close to me made the sign of greeting, and with courtesy and politeness Galvano and I we asked him who he was.
« Last Edit: 18 September, 2013, 11:01:42 PM by Lorenzo D'altavilla »

(RIP) Harald Magnusson

• General group
« Reply #4 on: 19 September, 2013, 02:35:45 PM »
Teos blesses you! My lord, forgive me ... my name Galvano Chiaramonte, former King of Naples voted now to the cause of Teos. This is my traveling companion Lorenzo D'Altavilla, we came here in order of His Holiness the Pope and the Bishop of Gent. were looking for the Cathedral and then the Church.

Harald bowed a little to the man who has just spoken.

Finally I meet the King that left the throne to follow his faith. You're tale reached these lands in the far north of Europe Sir Galvano. It was hard to believe such a voices but, finally, here comes the truth.

Harald said smiling to the man.

I'm Harald Magnusson, King of Flanders. It's my pleasure to meet you here, you and your friend Sir D'Altavilla. Harald smiled and bowed a little to the other man too. I consider myself a good friend of your sister, Her Majesty the Queen of Sicily; maybe your presence here will give the Queen to reach these lands, I'd be delighted to host her here.

Looking at the two men he continued

Well, I think you had the chance to talk with our Cardinal, Nogwa More, and I think he has enlighted to you which is the Crown's approach to religions here in Flanders.
Anyway, I'll be pleased to talk about it with you if you'd like.

After a nod to his Guards and starting to walk again he added

Well, at least we can talk about that while we reach the Cathedral. Does it suits?

• General group
« Reply #5 on: 20 September, 2013, 01:45:03 AM »
Galvano had guessed, but he was surprised. The man with whom he had previously entered trade agreements was there. He was happy.

"My lord, my king .. I am that man. Here I am, I never said to meet with these clothes"

He laughed like only he could do. Deep voice.
A deep bow. Hands in the habit and folded his arms.

"Teos and the heat drove me here. Did not know you knew my sister and I hope to see at least here in Flanders, climate suitable for me and my sister so attentive to the Kingdom and his subjects. Instead I met Giulia Aldobrandeschis in Naples, I have to say good citizen and lucky to have her in your kingdom. "

Then he continued walking.

"My King and I was ordained pastor of Brugge. An honor for me to put myself at the disposal of Teos, the local community and yours. So if you need some help, I hope in my ability to be able to help you, as well as our parish. I met the cardinal and bishop, extraordinary people who help me how to integrate all citizens. I'd be happy to follow you to the Cathedral, but please talk to me about your Kingdom and how Lorenzo and me  we can help you! "

So saying, he advanced kidnapped from the roofs and facades of buildings of Markt.

(RIP) Harald Magnusson

• General group
« Reply #6 on: 23 September, 2013, 04:43:40 PM »
My lord, my king .. I am that man. Here I am, I never said to meet with these clothes

The older of the two man said. Harald look at him. His manners are certainly of man not so used to the Courts etiquette, but he's of the same being. Different stories but same attitude.

Teos and the heat drove me here. Did not know you knew my sister and I hope to see at least here in Flanders, climate suitable for me and my sister so attentive to the Kingdom and his subjects. Instead I met Giulia Aldobrandeschis in Naples, I have to say good citizen and lucky to have her in your kingdom.

Harald thought to his previous life as a travelling merchant. The freedom of that life full of adventures and meetings with new people, everywhere and everyday.

I met your Noble sister long time ago when I wasn't King yet, but a simple and humble merchant travelling all over the known world. She has been always kind and polite with me, and I always tryied to help her out when needed. A Noble Queen  for a great Kingdom. And I hope you're right and she reach you here, it would be a pleasure.

Than while he was speaking about the young Lady of Andernach Harald smiled.

Yes, you're right my Lord. Lady Giulia Aldobrandeschi is a pillar for our Kingdom. Her willing to excellence, her good behaviour and her strong commitment to the Flemish People and to the Kingdom own her the right to be among the most reliable Nobles of Flanders. She has made a great job since her arrival and still do.

My King and I was ordained pastor of Brugge. An honor for me to put myself at the disposal of Teos, the local community and yours. So if you need some help, I hope in my ability to be able to help you, as well as our parish. I met the cardinal and bishop, extraordinary people who help me how to integrate all citizens. I'd be happy to follow you to the Cathedral, but please talk to me about your Kingdom and how Lorenzo and me  we can help you!

I see your point Father Galvano and yes, you're right again. Cardinal Nogwa and Bishop Wolfram are among the most serious clergy men I have ever met. They helped Flanders as well as the other Flemish did.
I think you know that Flanders has no official religion. Here all the people are welcomed despite their past mistakes, no matter at all what God they pray, or in which kind of temple they pray.
I belong to the Old Ancient Gods of the North and Cardinal Nogwa knows that I don't want to change my mind on that, so please respect all the Flemish in their own beliefs, it's a matter that I take care of.

Than, while walking through the alleys he said No, Please Father, this way. The Cathedral is not far away, but it's easy to get lost in these alleys he concluded smiling to the man

Than, looking to the other man he continued And you Sir, which is your story?
« Last Edit: 23 September, 2013, 04:46:41 PM by Harald Magnusson »

• General group
« Reply #7 on: 26 September, 2013, 01:35:14 PM »
For a moment he thought of his sister and a smile appeared on his face. Then he continued walking alongside the King's interested in his words.

"I hope that my sister will soon reach , but it is always immersed in the work. Whilst my superiors that I admire and respect for their seriousness they told me of the freedoms that we have here in Flanders and not to deny that my personal experience I'm happy to know that there is openness. Religion is a serious matter, but also the state. "

He smiled to think at contribution to the small right on the freedom of religion for the State Union Italic . Then he spoke again curiously following the intricate paths towards the cathedral .

"My King, about me i can tall you that i started out as a warrior who reluctantly left the Bruttany , north - west of France . I loved my life as a soldier in Comper .
I had to follow my family in Sicily . The captain did the guardian of Sicily and Naples, the vassal and then the King of Naples and I occupied institutional roles Because my sister asked me.
I've done the best of my ability , but they were for me months of suffering , I'm not a politician , despite the excellent results Achieved , i do not like to manage a kingdom or for the life of the Palace. Just as there are people Able to stay long in the nerve or to crear will favor tactics . I do not like politics if they concern matters power . I am a simple person . Religion has become a path That Brought Me to the North, away from the wine and heat , but especially from the cages in Mediterranean Which identity fossilize my friends .
Teos donated awareness of meditation and spiritual strength That is not removed from the physical .

The religion donated me serenity and curiosity . The love for the little things , the details. I'd loke remain here in Brugge now , and help to spread the Logos to grow up ...... the church . To pray and glorfy Teos . To help poor and the Flanders ! "

Then he pointed to the cathedral.

" Is this ? "

He saw before him gasped.

• General group
« Reply #8 on: 21 January, 2014, 02:43:56 AM »
FIGHT THE PLAGUE WITH FAITH

January 21, 1314.
Year of Theos.

Father Gawain came out of the cathedral in the early morning.
The light of dawn mist choked canals.

The white color of the tunic made ​​him almost ethereal.
By now he was a cardinal yet almost not felt except in the great responsibility placed in him.

The news spread, and something had to be done.
He had written to the proper authorities.

Now there was no time.

Pray, listen to the authorities and only faith could defeat the evil that maybe it was the product of selfishness, cruelty and malice of some men.

At the gates of the city waited for the wagon.

COMBATTERE LA PIAGA CON LA FEDE

21 gennaio del 1314.
Anno di Theos.

Padre Galvano uscì dalla cattedrale di prima mattina.
La luce dell'alba soffocata dalle nebbie sui canali.

Il colore bianco della tunica lo rendeva quasi etereo.
Ormai era cardinale eppure quasi non lo percepiva se non nelle grandi responsabilità in lui riposte.

La notizia si diffondeva e qualcosa doveva fare.
Aveva scritto a chi di dovere.

Ora non c'era più tempo.

Pregare, ascoltare le autorità e solo la fede poteva sconfiggere quel male che forse era il prodotto dell'egoismo, della crudeltà e della cattiveria di alcuni uomini.

Alle porte della città attese il carro.

• General group
« Reply #9 on: 23 January, 2014, 08:10:46 PM »
Fu così che giunse il carro con le pozioni violacee donate dal Re d'Irlanda Annan D'lochlain.
Diede l'ordine di scaricare le preziose pozioni presso  il magazzino della Cattedrale.

Seguì il tragitto del carro guardandosi attorno.
La città era strana, diversa.

Si chiedeva se potessero davvero essere utili.
SI chiedeva se la quarantena in Artois stesse funzionando.

Innumerevoli domande.
Il nuovo parroco sarebbe giunto presto.

Preghiera e meditazione.
Poi sarebbero state missive.
Missive.
Missive.
Verso sera avrebbe parlato con il Re e il vescovo per la pianificazione del piano di cure.

• General group
« Reply #10 on: 23 January, 2014, 08:11:21 PM »
Fu così che giunse il carro con le pozioni violacee donate dal Re d'Irlanda Annan D'lochlain.
Diede l'ordine di scaricare le preziose pozioni presso  il magazzino della Cattedrale.

Seguì il tragitto del carro guardandosi attorno.
La città era strana, diversa.

Si chiedeva se potessero davvero essere utili.
SI chiedeva se la quarantena in Artois stesse funzionando.

Innumerevoli domande.
Il nuovo parroco sarebbe giunto presto.

Preghiera e meditazione.
Poi sarebbero state missive.
Missive.
Missive.
Verso sera avrebbe parlato con il Re e il vescovo per la pianificazione del piano di cure.

• General group
« Reply #11 on: 30 January, 2014, 01:02:01 AM »
28 gennaio del 1314.
Anno di Theos.

In Artois erano stati isolati.
Un lungo processo. Lunghi tentativi grazie anche alle alte cariche del Regno e i credenti che si erano propagati per trovare una cura.

Difficoltà infinite nel cercare di curare quel morbo ancora non specificato che Gawain credeva realmente ormai opera di chi combatte l'opera di Theos e del Logos.

Asciugò la fronte.
Una settimana nera, quanto avrebbe confidato a Lorenzo, colpito dalla piaga e curato dalle mani del nuovo prete di origine ispanica.

Tutto taceva, i casi sembravano ormai esser cessati.

Eppure non era convinto.
Ragionava ancora da soldato.

Un soldato di Theos.
Sapeva che la prossima volta non si sarebbero dovuti far trovar preparati.

Si mise a pregare mentre la luce soffusa del pomeriggio invernale filtrava flebilmente dalle vetrate della Cattedrale.
Ora si trattava di prevenire.

• General group
« Reply #12 on: 03 May, 2014, 01:35:11 PM »
Brugge 1 May 1314.

The channel Zwin to his right. One last time. He closed his eyes, let it go Allamano on the knob. He walked away a last look at the parish and the Palace of Cardinals.

A final farewell on scrolls that circulated in the whole of Flanders.

"My brothers and sisters,

my work is done.
I leave Brugge and Flanders.

I want say thank you to everyone.
Every person who i knew and i saw in the church.
Every silent, every donation, every prayer, every worker everyone.

Brugge is my home.
You remain my community.
Giulia Aldobrandeschi remains my Queen.

I leave you to the parish Marco Manfredi, precious and very good follower and leader.
I leave you to the cardinal Pimpo de Pimpi, the church is in safe hands.

Thank you ladies and men, thank you.

I learn by you.

Theos protect you and Flanders.

I remain flemish forever.

Theos bless you!"

The boat was ready.
Galvano started