Author Topic: Visita ad Andernach  (Read 9713 times)

(RIP) Berton Berton

• General group
  • Honour: 0
Re: Visita ad Andernach
« Reply #75 on: 07 February, 2014, 12:03:57 AM »
Where do you have  spent your life until now Baron Berton?

That's a large question, my Lady - answered Berton - In my early years I never left spanish lands, but I started my life as a dropped baby in a little abbey. My parents could have beem from everywhere, and my expected doom was to become a monk. But when adult I was admitted as Knight of Montesa, by the Great Master Jordi de Tossa. When he died I moved to Brugge, following a suggestion of Harald: he was just a merchant, my best buyer, at this time. My season as flemish woodman and soldier was the starting point both for a moderate wellness, as well as fighter. I did alone half the work when the kingdom conquered his first stone mine, and short later I was the only one frome here to defended Milan. Then back to my supposed native land, where I had unexpected career and honours, after some time spent for training outboard. The geneneral picture is that.

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
  • Honour: 1
« Reply #76 on: 15 February, 2014, 12:22:37 PM »

Giulia nodded in smiling a bit ironically  - Harald, yes, I know.
Well, a good eventful life your one, Baron Berton.

She paused for a while then she added -
I still remember the first time we meet in Milano. There is some mystery also in my childhood, too.
Sometimes I would like to come back to try to discover a little more about, but I'm worried any trace is almost completely lost.

She shrugged her shoulders and got down from the horse. There was some snow all around. She smiled and turned to the Baron, she was aware that weather wasn't the most comfortable for him but... - It's wonderful, isn't?

Verba movent, exempla trahunt - εἶ, γνῶθι σεαυτόν, μηδὲν ἄγαν

(RIP) Berton Berton

• General group
« Reply #77 on: 15 February, 2014, 11:13:53 PM »
It's wonderful, isn't?

Berton managed to dismount and reached  the lady "Wonderful? - he answered - It's mostly an echanted wiew. I could die happy today, having seen that with you. But don't ask me to make a swim in the river, otherwise the previous statement will be real for sure".

Then he started to make a snow puppet "Milan, yes. Hard to figure how the novel I wrote for the city's festival could be related to your life. I knew two more people of your family. One is dead in Valencia, the other one... lived in Rome. No news from him since long time"

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #78 on: 16 February, 2014, 10:10:09 PM »
"Wonderful?  It's mostly an enchanted view. I could die happy today, having seen that with you. But don't ask me to make a swim in the river, otherwise the previous statement will be real for sure".

Giulia burst in a silvery laugh and replied - No, don't mind, Baron Berton. I would never ask such a trial even to the most valiant Aragona's knight... - she paused and then added smiling - that is, You. Sure, spring will be a more proper season. We will see.

"Milan, yes. Hard to figure how the novel I wrote for the city's festival could be related to your life. I knew two more people of your family. One is dead in Valencia, the other one... lived in Rome. No news from him since long time"

Giulia pondered for a while - Indeed, but my decision to move in Flanders was already took at that time.
While her hands were started to help in modelling snow, she added - I met the former Academy director of Valencia few times, in Milano and in Cagliari, but he didn't know nothing about me. Probably, our family ties were too weak.... On the other side, I never met the one you mention from Rome.
Sometime I feel the need to come back in Milano, looking for some traces, but the ancient churches were demolished and new pagan ones rebuilt at their place. I really don't know where to ask for.

Her glance lost far away,  gloomy and thoughtful for a while, when a memory from her past resurfaced to her mind: a man playing with her in the snow in building a puppet, the mountains quite close to them, more closer than in Milano - Where  was I with my father? Where was I born, then? - she murmured.

She shook her head and smiling again to the Baron said - May we call him the glace knight, the lord protector of the river?

(RIP) Berton Berton

• General group
« Reply #79 on: 17 February, 2014, 11:49:06 PM »
She shook her head and smiling again to the Baron said - May we call him the glace knight, the lord protector of the river?

Berton watched the snow puppet " Nice name. it just look a bit fat, or at least it's bottom side is too large for a fighter"

An istant later they both were submerged by snow. Felipe had started its artiscical contribution excavating the white fun thing.

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #80 on: 18 February, 2014, 12:16:10 PM »
"Nice name. it just look a bit fat, or at least it's bottom side is too large for a fighter"

Giulia didn't have time to smile for the joke that she was found herself quite submerged in snow.

For a moment she was puzzled, then she laughed - Oh, Felipe! We are completely soaked.

Then, completely forgetting to be the Duchess of Andernach, she took some snow and threw it against the Baron. She smiled looking straight into his eyes and then turned in search of shelter.

(RIP) Berton Berton

• General group
« Reply #81 on: 18 February, 2014, 11:09:59 PM »
Astonished by unexpected events, Berton was slow in return shot, hopelessy short and out of target.
High close fight skills don't make a good launcher.

So he had a laugh and catched the head of snow puppet " Traitors both two, the hunt begins"

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #82 on: 19 February, 2014, 09:01:50 PM »
"Traitors Both two, the hunt begins"

Giulia laughed, amused. Baron didn't seem really angry, but she  picked up some snow again and ran fast towards a group of   birch trees in search of some shelter. Not that the shelter was so sure, but the trees grew very close and some skill was needed  to move around.

"Not yet the time to ask for mercy, Baron Berton" - she said with a gently smile.

(RIP) Berton Berton

• General group
« Reply #83 on: 20 February, 2014, 01:43:57 PM »
"Not yet the time to ask for mercy, Baron Berton" - she said with a gently smile.

The oversized snowball of Berton was perfect for the tactical situation.
A launch aimed very high drove to sort of storm, as the snowball exploded hitting a birch and more snow drooped down from the tree.
"Revenge" hurled amused Berton, starting the run on exposed ground.

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #84 on: 21 February, 2014, 10:38:02 PM »
"Revenge"

Berton's move disoriented Gulia a little, for a while she saw nothing but snow...
So she laughed amused - Good tactic, Baron Berton.
Then she took some other snow from the ground and tried to hit him again, but the trees that were supposed tp protect her were also an obstacle. She walked further inside birch trees, curious to see what  his next move would be.

(RIP) Berton Berton

• General group
« Reply #85 on: 21 February, 2014, 11:20:38 PM »
Concealed by some tree, Berton started to craft another giant snowball, to repeat the trick and gain safely more ground.

Maybe that could have worked, but he didn't considered another danger: Felipe!

The dog discovered him quickly, making lot of noise and starting a cheerful fight against its master.
It thought something like "More fun on lady's side in such game"

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #86 on: 01 March, 2014, 07:00:34 PM »
Giulia laughed merrily for the unexpected help that Felipe was providing her - Ah, Felipe. This is not fair to your master!
She moved a few steps without completely exit the shelter of the trees.
A shudder seized her. She looked at the sky, suddenly cloudy, and approached them more - Felipe, stop. I think it's better that we return back, Baron Berton, before we will be really submerged by snow.
She held out her hand, as if to be forgiven for the unusual challenge. Then she smiled gently - Come, please.

(RIP) Berton Berton

• General group
« Reply #87 on: 01 March, 2014, 11:17:45 PM »
Come, please.

Berton watched the sky too, then made an assentment's sign by head.
"Good idea, the little dark traitor and me had enough snow for ages, today"

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #88 on: 02 March, 2014, 10:35:57 AM »
"Good idea, the little dark traitor and me had enough snow for ages, today"

Giulia laughed softly, amused by the disappointment of the Baron to Felipe. Then she added with a smile - I will try to get your forgiveness.

Then, they returned to the castle in the early afternoon, just before it starts snowing heavily.
Entered the great room and freed by cloaks, Giulia sat on a high-backed chair nearby the fireplace, motioning the Baron to sit down in turn.

Promptly a servant brought them some hot spiced wine and some fruit preserved in honey. She needed to warm up after all the time spent outside and smiled in satisfaction feeling the heat of the fire and the warmth infused by wine.
She turned her glance to the Baron and asked - What are your plans for the future, Baron Berton?

(RIP) Berton Berton

• General group
« Reply #89 on: 03 March, 2014, 10:43:22 PM »
- What are your plans for the future, Baron Berton?

Berton was silent for long time, watching into his cup of wine as it were a deep shaft.

When he answered, ha said by a phantom's voice " I search the answer since months. Now I'm an almost well known knight, but it's a fame earned as widows maker. I had to defeat people better than me in batlles without glory, where defendants had no hope. Sometimes I think that better thing I could make is stopping death carriers like me, or leave swordplaying for luteplaying"