Author Topic: Public debate on religion  (Read 1479 times)

(RIP) Nogwa More

• General group
  • Honour: 0
Public debate on religion
« on: 30 April, 2013, 02:39:54 PM »
Greetings citizens of Andernach,

Some may know me, other will get to me very soon.  I'm Flemish born citizen, raised and tutored under the banner of King Jehain Dessain I.  At that time I was the priest of Brugge.  All old news, as this was before the time of our elective successor, the Count Harald Magnusson I, and before the reforms.

Altough our current Count is an atheist, we from the Ancient Order appreciate his efforts in making Flanders a county with religious freedom.  And in that spirit I want to approach the local nobles, craftsmen and peasants. 

The Ancient Order has received approval of the Count to build churches and palaces on his lands, and currently the Ancient Order is doing so in the regions around Brugge.

My question to the nobles and citizens of Andernach, does your community want a church in the long run?  I say in the long run, because of the young age of our order we can only build and spread our faith slowly.  We lack the recourses at the moment, and we do not wish to stress the meager recourses there are in Flanders.  Castles, markets, taverns and barracks are needed also.  We from the Ancient Order accept that and find it our duty to help out in building these infrastructures.  They are more important to the citizens then another palace.

Yet the question remains...in the long does the town of Andernach wish to have a church? (= priest, capability to baptise and pray in your town)?

Kind regards,

(RIP) Michele Degli Uberti

• General group
Re: Public debate on religion
« Reply #1 on: 30 April, 2013, 02:51:56 PM »
For me all are free to pray what God they want, so, for me, if Andernach citizien want a Church there isn't problem.

For Help.. i'me a miner for County and in my Guild i dig for it. I've no problem to help...

But first we must build Castle.

So... if you have a priest.. who is he or she? Can Teach us what the Ancient Order say?

I do0t know nothing of this order...

(RIP) Nogwa More

• General group
« Reply #2 on: 30 April, 2013, 03:52:11 PM »
I have no priest ready for Andernach at this time.  First I must appoint a bishop in Gent, then a priest in Brugge.  And 'if' Andernach wants a Church, I will have to build a bishopal palace and church.  So I will need two new clerics to make it work.  But as it's a long term project (for months to come), I first want to know if Andernach wants a church.

The Ancient Order is organised out of Rome and led by a Pontifex. 
The Order follows the Holy Scriptures and it's message.  In short: peace, friendship, charity, honesty, etc.  The Holy Scirptures are being translated into English as we speak.

But I must admit that I personally am not the most skilled and trained clerci in the Theology.  I'm known as a pragmatic man of the cloth, and find that giving a helping to the needs of the citizens is more important then just reciting holy scriptures, pray whole day and preaching without acting. 

In short: I want to show the message of Teos by bringing His message to reality.  If extra hands are needed, i'll be there, if someone is in need of urgent aid, I will come to his or her aid, regardless of rank, title or faith.  If the Count needs any council I will provide council, but I will not mix local or global politics with religion.

Building a community that helps one and other instead of having a town where people try to compete with each other is a mission that I set for myself.  I must admit that in Flanders there is allready such a good spirit, thanx to all of it's leaders and seeds planted long ago.

(RIP) Orso Björnsson

• General group
« Reply #3 on: 01 May, 2013, 12:30:25 PM »
Good Morning Priest,
I am a nordic warrior and my gods are living in Walhalla.
I pray to my gods fighting and doing so I glorify them.
Other religious things does not interest me, but everyone do what he wants.

At your service

Orso

(RIP) Michele Degli Uberti

• General group
« Reply #4 on: 01 May, 2013, 06:27:12 PM »
Your excellence, you are  franck man.. i'm a miner, son of farmers of Brescia... I Like person that use simple words to speack me.

I think that i'm a good person. I aid Flandres and hts people how i can. I think that what you made and make is..good.

I want know this religion...

For costrunction.. if others citizien want it, fr me no problem

(RIP) Bartolomeo Dandolo

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #5 on: 01 May, 2013, 10:18:40 PM »
A church in Andernach dont will be a problem for me, but I'm not interested in.

Prometeo Cagliostro

• General group
« Reply #6 on: 01 May, 2013, 11:39:51 PM »
Build your church in our region is an important opportunity to grow. I will gladly help you to build, even if I'm not interested in ecclesiastical roles.

(RIP) Nogwa More

• General group
« Reply #7 on: 04 May, 2013, 04:54:52 PM »
I make note that there is no objection or protest against a church.  Thank you for your inpunt.  When the region around Brugge has been build and when I find a good apprentice for Andernach, I will make work of building a church in this town.

Kind regards,