Author Topic: [ORP] The Bishops invitation.  (Read 2039 times)

(RIP) Nogwa More

• General group
  • Honour: 0
[ORP] The Bishops invitation.
« on: 07 March, 2013, 01:20:43 AM »
PLEASE README

This ORP starts out with Bishop Nogwa at his home in Brugge, were he's expecting guests:

Teodosie Cantemir   
Claire deNamur   
Paulien Van Herre
Wolfram Adelmansfelden

Anyone else can watch and read, but be aware, this dinner is behind closed door and after sundown.  There are offcourse valid roleplay reason to enter the scene at certain point, just pick it wisely and make it a contribution to the story.

This a the first attempt of me to try and attract people to the forum.  Do not know how many can or will use forum for the sake roleplay.  Anyhow here it goes....

(RIP) Nogwa More

• General group
Re: [ORP] The Bishops invitation.
« Reply #1 on: 07 March, 2013, 01:28:01 AM »
When the sun sinks into the Northsea and the blue sky turns to black, night falls over Brugge.  The sounds of workshops and construction yards come to a quiet.  Dogs and drunks make the most of this time of day.

Near the market stands a tall house, you could say it's a relative luxury building in this town, people call it a house, altough it is small, it has windows, strong doors, solid roof.  This is where Nogwa More lives.  Rumour has it that four men in town have received an invitation from him during the last preaching hour at the parish.

So far he's still in his house, probably waiting for his guests.

(RIP) Paulien Van Herre

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #2 on: 07 March, 2013, 11:05:37 AM »
Paulien hardly believe on what she just heard. Little Jim convey the news that Lord Bishop, Father Nogwa invited her for a dinner.

As the late Earl of Breda's granddaughter, she used to attend banquet during her childhood. But now as a commoner in Brugge, she is wondering if Little Jim mistakenly deliver the messages. She questioned Lil' Jim 3 times, but the boy confirmed that Father Nogwa did asked him to deliver the invitation to Paulien Van Herre.

"Am I invited alone or many people invited?"

She didn't think it through, she decided to dress as good as possible to honored the invitation. The dinner held on Vespers, so told Little Jim, hence Paulien got plenty of times to prepared. She washed up her face, remake her hair braids and even make a floral crown.

As the sun finally set, Paulien walk towards the Father Nogwa's house. She passed the quiet market.
She took a deep breath and knocked the door..........

***Trying my best to contribute, any correction/inputs highly appreciated***
« Last Edit: 07 March, 2013, 11:15:13 AM by Paulien Van Herre »

(RIP) Claire deNamur

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #3 on: 07 March, 2013, 04:01:16 PM »
Arriving at the tavern from a long day of helping build the Church, Claire drops her hammer next to the bench she has been allowed to use until she can build her own home. Just as she was about to lay down on the bench, the tavern owner approaches, shuffling his feet.

You won't be resting yet pet.

Claire, tired from her long day of working and then a long walk along the riverbank, blinks at the tavern owner.

What? Of course I'm going to rest. I'm very tired.

No, you've been summoned to the His Eminence's

Claire looks hard at the tavern owner and then sighs deeply. She debates with herself on whether she should just ignore the Bishop's request. Surely he doesn't expect her to change.  The only other frock she has is in worse condition than the one she's wearing. Dusty, worn out and fatigued, Claire reluctantly gets up from the bench and heads toward the door.

You'll keep watch over my hammer, yes?

The tavern owner nods, and she walks back out into the cool of the newly arrived dusk and makes her way to the Bishop's home, where she sees another standing at the door.

(RIP) Nogwa More

• General group
« Reply #4 on: 07 March, 2013, 09:32:52 PM »
Meanwhile inside the small house a soft knock on the door could be heared.  The bishop, dressed in a dusty tunic, wearing a ragged hat and a used hammer hanging from his belt, makes his way to the door and opens it, the first thing he notices is that he may be seriously underdressed, and that his guests may have assumed this to be some formal dinner.

"Goodevening miss Paulien, I'm gratefull that you accepted my invitation at such a late notice, please do come in.  How do you do?"

When Nogwa wants to close the door behind her, he notices a figure approaching towards his house and takes a second look, yes, this must be the woman who bears the name Claire deNamur.   While listening to Paulien he holds the door open for the second guest.

(RIP) Paulien Van Herre

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #5 on: 08 March, 2013, 12:48:10 AM »
The door opened, while moving two steps inside, Paulien clear her throat quietly and awkwardly answered with the best smile she had

"Good evening Lord Father, I'm in a good health thanks to Teos. "

Paulien bowed and focus her eyes on the work hammer hanging on Father Nogwa's belt.

"Perhaps I might assist you on someting, Father?"

Another footsteps heard in her back. Still in bowed position, she can tell that another woman approached.....
« Last Edit: 08 March, 2013, 12:50:39 AM by Paulien Van Herre »

(RIP) Nogwa More

• General group
« Reply #6 on: 09 March, 2013, 03:41:32 PM »
"No need to bow for me, my child.  Do rise and stand tall.  Also call me Nogwa, Father or monsigneur, no need to express such formal titles as Lord when adressing me."

"Assisting me?  Well, I have invited you and some other because you have assisted me so much allready.  All your time spend at the Cardinal palace construction yard hasn't go unnoticed.  But were are my manners...do come in and move on to the kitchen over there."

Once inside the small house, one can notices dozens of scrolls, seals, hundred pages of paper piled up to to the ceiling, golden chalices, silk ceremonial clothings hanging from the walls.  Yet not much further down the small hallway must be the kitchen, as the scent of a flemish beef stew definetly comes from that room.

(RIP) Paulien Van Herre

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #7 on: 13 March, 2013, 04:09:07 PM »
"Thank you with your kind word, Father"

Hesitated maybe, Paulien followed Father Nogwa towards the kitchen. Seeing the piles of papers and scrolls she agreed that the Almighty's representatives on earth deserves a better, neat, spacious place.

(RIP) Nogwa More

• General group
« Reply #8 on: 14 March, 2013, 03:59:29 PM »
As the other person in the dark didn't approach further, Nogwa closed his door again and followed the lady to the kitchen.  Once arrived in the kitchen, Nogwa pointed out a seat for her to sit on.  It must be clear that Nogwa isn't noble of birth or training, he's a common man and proper etiquette ... well, it's lacking all etiquette.

"Beer or wine Paulien?"
Nogwa asked, while stirring in the beef stew, occasionaly licking the spoon and adding herbs as he goes along.

(RIP) Paulien Van Herre

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #9 on: 23 March, 2013, 04:07:42 PM »
Paulien took the seat, facing towards the door.

"Wine will complement the stew", think Paulien. But she is no longer but a commoner, so she said calmly

"Beer mixed with water will be nice, Father. Thank you"

"You should expecting another guests, Father?"

(RIP) Nogwa More

• General group
« Reply #10 on: 24 March, 2013, 10:36:24 PM »
"Aye, I am... sadly I have no idea were they are at."

Nogwa puts a mug of beer on the table, and next to it a jug filled with fresh water.

"Well, I invited the others to thank them for the hard work they have put in building the Cardinal Palace here in Brugge.  And to ask if they see a future for themselves in the service of Teos.  Because our church, as it expands will need good, dedicated men and women."

The stew is ready, yet Nogwa hesitates to put it on the table just yet, as the other guests havn't arrived yet.