Author Topic: Visita ad Andernach  (Read 9686 times)

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
  • Honour: 1
Re: Visita ad Andernach
« Reply #90 on: 04 March, 2014, 10:55:28 PM »
After her question to the Baron, Giulia turned her glance to the fireplace, her attention attracted by the crackling of  burning wood. After a while, she realized his silence and looked up to him again .
She saw him silent, as lost in distant memories. She waited in silence, too, without pressing in any way. Already other times she had seen that look in warriors long hardened by many battles.

Readily the image of her tutor resurfaced to her mind,  the hardness of his face and the precision with which he handled the sword when he trained her, as well as the relax with great relief on his face when he put it down, taking back his beloved books.

"I search the answer since months. Now I'm an almost well known knight, but it's a fame earned as widows maker. I had to defeat people better than me in batlles without glory, where defendants had no hope. Sometimes I think that better thing I could make is stopping death carriers like me, or leave swordplaying for luteplaying"

The next words didn't amazed her. She didn't made any comment, she didn't even know if it was really an answer to her question.
Gently she smiled and said - I see, Baron Berton. The west wing of the castle is at your disposal if you want to stay here a few days. Don't feel obliged to any duty of hospitality, nobody will disturb you if you would like.
The music has almost magical powers of the human soul and even your pen would surely be glad to rush fast on scrolls.

Then she motioned to a servant to bring her lyre  and began to play without waiting for any answer, giving him time for himself.

« Last Edit: 04 March, 2014, 10:58:14 PM by Giulia Aldobrandeschi »

Verba movent, exempla trahunt - εἶ, γνῶθι σεαυτόν, μηδὲν ἄγαν

(RIP) Berton Berton

• General group
  • Honour: 0
« Reply #91 on: 07 March, 2014, 10:38:43 PM »
Gently she smiled and said - I see, Baron Berton. The west wing of the castle is at your disposal if you want to stay here a few days. Don't feel obliged to any duty of hospitality, nobody will disturb you if you would like.
The music has almost magical powers of the human soul and even your pen would surely be glad to rush fast on scrolls.

Then she motioned to a servant to bring her lyre  and began to play without waiting for any answer, giving him time for himself.
[/quote]

Great - wispered Berton - I really need some rest, and traveling during snowstorms isn't one of my best wishes.

Then he closed his eyes to enjoy the music.

On the opposit, Felipe Ignacio Domingo opened its ears as bat's wings to listen better.

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #92 on: 09 March, 2014, 06:44:59 PM »
Great - wispered Berton - I really need some rest, and traveling during snowstorms isn't one of my best wishes.

Giulia smiled gently hearing his answer and seeing him close his eyes. She played for a long time, also lost in her thoughts, as affected by Baron's words, just a nod to Meinsent who had approached to accompany her in playing with the flute.
The music was a little sad, while her memory runs at very past battles, at those just passed, at those will arrive probably in the next future.
She thought  those who she had lost long ago or more recently, to those who she had turned away, deliberately or not... imperceptibly she shook her head, a hint of sadness in her eyes, though she knew it has been the right choice... she sought the glance of the young girl and knew she understood - It's getting late, Meinsent, go ahead. Erelong I will join you in my chambers.

A  servant came, silently as a shadow, to change the spark plugs and rekindle the fire, while Giulia had begun to play again, more slowly. She smiled and said softly, watching Felipe - You seem to appreciate the music, indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfbuP40bpiU

(RIP) Berton Berton

• General group
  • Honour: 0
« Reply #93 on: 19 March, 2014, 01:24:39 AM »
She smiled and said softly, watching Felipe - You seem to appreciate the music, indeed.

Berton had a laugh "Here you're surely the winner, Lady. When I blow in my horn Felipe seems desperate and starts to howl. Well, it's time to rest a bit. Recall me to show you some simple training practice, tomorrow in the morning"

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #94 on: 22 March, 2014, 10:23:04 PM »
"Here you're surely the winner, Lady. When I blow in my horn Felipe seems desperate and starts to howl. Well, it's time to rest a bit. Recall me to show you some simple training practice, tomorrow in the morning"

Giulia smiled gently and nodded. She stroked Felipe for a while, the she added - I will don't miss to remind you, Baron Berton. In few days I will need to come in Brugge, but we have still some time.