Author Topic: [ORP]Andernach memories  (Read 11403 times)

(RIP) Harald Magnusson

• General group
  • Honour: 0
Re: [ORP]Andernach memories
« Reply #60 on: 26 September, 2013, 06:28:32 PM »
The main square of Andernach was dominated by the great oak tree in the middle of it. Impossible not to see it. Harald was fascinated by this amazing sight, sometime nature can show its power with something really beautiful instead of terrible disasters.

Do you remember, My Lord?...

Harald nodded to the young Lady looking at the mighty oak. Yes, he remebered very well the feelings he had the first time he saw the tree. The connection between northermen and nature was still strong, something that more civilized people has lost following new Gods.

My Lord, may I...

Harald was still looking at the oak when Lady Giulia approached him whispering her words. He turned his glaze towards the young Lady with an inquiring look. Her hands joined.

Tell me Lady Giulia, what would you like to say? or ask to your King?

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
  • Honour: 1
« Reply #61 on: 26 September, 2013, 07:19:40 PM »
Tell me Lady Giulia, what would you like to say? or ask to your King?

Giulia smiled gently, then her eyes became serious and she said, "As for you, My Lord, this tree has a special meaning. It's the symbol of the powerful bond with Nature ruling our lives, joining underground mysteries to sky shining light, our most distant origins to our highest aspirations".

She closed her eyes for a while, feeling  the sound of her last words like echo. Words said some time before resurfaced to her memory.
Looking at him straight in the eyes again, she added, "I believe it's right I renew here the oath I made on the Kings stone in Brugge, My Lord..."

When the King took her joined hands in his ones, she goes on.

"I swear to put my mind, my heart and my sword at Your sole service, My Lord, and in Your name at the whole People of Flanders.
I swear to administer  fief lands with fairness and justice, according to laws You gave to the Kingdom.

To You I offer my complete loyalty and my most sincere devotion,
to You the right to ask for my help at any juncture.

In Your hands I place my young life".

There was no need to ask for any other witness, just the King, she, and the big silent Oak. Then, she bowed her head to the King.

Verba movent, exempla trahunt - εἶ, γνῶθι σεαυτόν, μηδὲν ἄγαν

(RIP) Harald Magnusson

• General group
« Reply #62 on: 27 September, 2013, 12:31:58 PM »
As for you, My Lord, this tree has a special meaning. It's the symbol of the powerful bond with Nature ruling our lives, joining underground mysteries to sky shining light, our most distant origins to our highest aspirations

You're talking like a northern woman Lady Giulia, don't forget this bond. Never. Harald said looking at the young Lady.

After a short moment in which seems that the young Lady wasn't breathing, she continued I believe it's right I renew here the oath I made on the Kings stone in Brugge, My Lord...

Harald smiled understanding what the young Lady would like do under the oak. Looking at her joined hands he took them.

I swear to put my mind, my heart and my sword at Your sole service, My Lord, and in Your name at the whole People of Flanders.
I swear to administer  fief lands with fairness and justice, according to laws You gave to the Kingdom.

To You I offer my complete loyalty and my most sincere devotion,
to You the right to ask for my help at any juncture.

In Your hands I place my young life.

After swear again her oath in front of him and of the great oak, she bowed her head, silently.

Harald put his left hand upon her head.

At de Gamle Gudene i Nord beskytte deg og folket i Andernach.

Måtte ånd av denne mektige eik velsigne landet og gjøre det fruktbare.

At åndene av dine forfedre til å guide deg på veien til rettferdighet.

Måtte din vei alltid bli opplyst av solen, og tåken, du aldri sperrer for utsikten.
« Last Edit: 27 September, 2013, 12:33:57 PM by Harald Magnusson »

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #63 on: 27 September, 2013, 02:28:26 PM »
At de Gamle Gudene i Nord beskytte deg og folket i Andernach.

Måtte ånd av denne mektige eik velsigne landet og gjøre det fruktbare.

At åndene av dine forfedre til å guide deg på veien til rettferdighet.

Måtte din vei alltid bli opplyst av solen, og tåken, du aldri sperrer for utsikten.

Giulia listened King's words, due to her tutor she knew enough of his native language to understand their meaning.

Then she remained silent and still, as if this special atmosphere should not be broken yet. Then, just a slight whisper in reply, "Thanks, My Lord,..."

(RIP) Harald Magnusson

• General group
« Reply #64 on: 27 September, 2013, 06:01:40 PM »
Thanks, My Lord,...

A little whisper from Lady Giulia. Harald smiled, proud of this young Lady. Than, he looked at her, seriously.

Lady Giulia, you have made your oath twice. On the white stone in front of the whole Flemish People, and in the presence of the great oak.
The Gods are looking at you, otherwise you couldn't done what you did here. But be careful. God's blessing can easily be turned in rage.
The Ancient Northern Gods are benevolent whit those who respect their will, but their fury could destroy everything you made.

Renewing your oath here you're entering in a Old, Ancient world, made of Gods, spirits and mistery. Northernmen are aware of this world 'cause they live inside it till their birth, but new one... be careful my young Lady... be careful.

Harald left the young Lady to reach the oak. He touched the tree with the same left hand. He felt the life in the tree. He fondled the oak bark perceiving all the tree's knots, the grooves. Looking at the oak apex the tree seemed even more bigger, its crown seemed to embrance the whole world around them.

Harald stopped his turn around the oak in front of a bark completely smooth. He closed his eyes and whispered

Stor Eik, styrker røttene dine med dette landet og beskytte håret med dette Folket.

Ta vare på dem før de vil ta vare på deg.

At de Gamle Gudene velsigne deres mektige ånd.

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #65 on: 28 September, 2013, 04:23:39 PM »
Lady Giulia, you have made your oath twice. On the white stone in front of the whole Flemish People, and in the presence of the great oak.
The Gods are looking at you, otherwise you couldn't done what you did here. But be careful. God's blessing can easily be turned in rage.
The Ancient Northern Gods are benevolent whit those who respect their will, but their fury could destroy everything you made.

Renewing your oath here you're entering in a Old, Ancient world, made of Gods, spirits and mistery. Northernmen are aware of this world 'cause they live inside it till their birth, but new one... be careful my young Lady... be careful.

Giulia looked up, listening carefully King's words and nodded silently.
She was aware for her gesture, for meaning that both gave it. She was deeply struck by the intensity of his words. She knew her eyes were openly showing her feelings, so she didn't say nothing more.

Stor Eik, styrker røttene dine med dette landet og beskytte håret med dette Folket.

Ta vare på dem før de vil ta vare på deg.

At de Gamle Gudene velsigne deres mektige ånd.

She smiled quietly, not surprised about that prayer. She knew how much the King loved his lands, how much his people.
She waited until the air ended to vibrate around them, until he turned towards her again. There was a place she would like to show him, but  now it was too late, the place too far from there, "Maybe, if I will come back in Brugge with Him,..."

« Last Edit: 01 October, 2013, 07:33:44 PM by Giulia Aldobrandeschi »

(RIP) Harald Magnusson

• General group
« Reply #66 on: 30 September, 2013, 03:37:25 PM »
Harald gave a last glaze to the great oak and smiled smoothly, than he turned to the young Lady.

Very well my Lady of Andernach, the King is hungry, maybe is it time for some exquisite food?
He said smiling. But he saw that Lady Giulia was still thinking to something.

Uummhhh, it seems that the Royal stomach must need to wait a bit... is there anything you would like to say my Lady?

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #67 on: 30 September, 2013, 04:45:21 PM »
Very well my Lady of Andernach, the King is hungry, maybe is it time for some exquisite food? He said smiling.
Uummhhh, it seems that the Royal stomach must need to wait a bit... is there anything you would like to say my Lady?

Giulia smiled amused, "No, My Lord, the Royal stomach don't need to wait more. True, there is a place that I would like to show you.... but it's in Liege region. Maybe, when you will come back Brugge... Please, by this way, My Lord"

Giulia came back to the castle together with the King. In a smaller room, just close to the audience hall, the table was ready for the lunch. She waited up looking for his approval.

(RIP) Harald Magnusson

• General group
« Reply #68 on: 01 October, 2013, 12:38:27 PM »
No, My Lord, the Royal stomach don't need to wait more. True, there is a place that I would like to show you.... but it's in Liege region. Maybe, when you will come back Brugge... Please, by this way, My Lord

In Liège? very well. You'll come with me when I head back to Brugge.

Arrived to the Castle they reached a smaller room, a comfortable one indeed. A table ahs been prepared and ready to host its guests.

Uummhhh, it sounds good my Lady. My stomach is thankful to your kindness. And the taste I'm smelling seems to be very interesting... what offers the Tower's Kitchen this evening? Harald asked smiling.

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #69 on: 01 October, 2013, 05:33:55 PM »
In Liège? very well. You'll come with me when I head back to Brugge.

Giulia nodded, gently smiling, "Sure, My Lord. It will be a pleasure".

Uummhhh, it sounds good my Lady. My stomach is thankful to your kindness. And the taste I'm smelling seems to be very interesting... what offers the Tower's Kitchen this evening?

Giulia struggled to hold back a laugh and bowed slightly to hide the expression on her face. Standing near the door, she motioned to a servant, the she replied, slowly, "I believe that Royal stomach may have a small preview of tonight's dinner,... but just a little, My Lord.... First, we will have an afternoon full of commitments.... Maybe, better that His Majesty have a little rest and enjoy only some deer and beer..."

Then she smiled quite innocently and added, "Forgive me, My Lord....".

(RIP) Harald Magnusson

• General group
« Reply #70 on: 02 October, 2013, 12:38:06 PM »
I believe that Royal stomach may have a small preview of tonight's dinner,... but just a little, My Lord.... First, we will have an afternoon full of commitments.... Maybe, better that His Majesty have a little rest and enjoy only some deer and beer...

Than smiling she added Forgive me, My Lord...

Ah! ah! Gods help me! Harald laughed My Dear Lady, it seems your King is loosing his mind... maybe you're right and I need some rest... well, deer and beer will be enough right now

Than looking at the young Lady he continued Some folks reported to me that into the stables of Andernach is growing a new race of magnificent and mighty horses, is it true my Lady?

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #71 on: 02 October, 2013, 09:00:14 PM »
Ah! ah! Gods help me! Harald laughed My Dear Lady, it seems your King is loosing his mind... maybe you're right and I need some rest... well, deer and beer will be enough right now.

Giulia laughed graciously, in turn, waiting for the King had his sitting at the table.

Some folks reported to me that into the stables of Andernach is growing a new race of magnificent and mighty horses, is it true my Lady?

"Indeed, My Lord... Baron Berton, the Constable of the Aragon Kingdom, gave me recently a wonderful gift, two magnificent palfreys, a couple of arabic horses. Their elegance and nimbleness are really impressive. You well know how much I enjoy riding in my jouneys. Soon we will try mating them  with more  mighty horses. Dexterity is also important in battles, I mean..."

She paused for a moment, looking at the deer on the table, and added, "Do you would like just to see them or do you would like to try, My Lord? It's a wonderful sunny day..."

(RIP) Harald Magnusson

• General group
« Reply #72 on: 08 October, 2013, 04:02:27 PM »
Indeed, My Lord... Baron Berton, the Constable of the Aragon Kingdom, gave me recently a wonderful gift, two magnificent palfreys, a couple of arabic horses. Their elegance and nimbleness are really impressive. You well know how much I enjoy riding in my jouneys. Soon we will try mating them  with more  mighty horses. Dexterity is also important in battles, I mean...

Aaahhh, Baron Berton. A good man and a great knight. Arabic horses eh? Harald thought for a while to his many business trips towards the iberian Kingdoms, his great mate the King of Castilla, Giovanni, and Fabio Massimo the King of Aragona, another very good friend of his. I know this horses, I lived in Castilla for a while serving as Scretary of Commerce and Treasury under King Giovanni; I've seen them yet and you're right, they're among the best horses in the whole Europe.

Do you would like just to see them or do you would like to try, My Lord? It's a wonderful sunny day...

Uummhh, I have rided this morning to come here from Liège, maybe it would be a nice ride on my coming back to Brugge.  Harald smiled Well my Lady, where do you bring your King now?

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #73 on: 09 October, 2013, 05:46:01 PM »
Aaahhh, Baron Berton. A good man and a great knight. Arabic horses eh? Harald thought for a while to his many business trips towards the iberian Kingdoms, his great mate the King of Castilla, Giovanni, and Fabio Massimo the King of Aragona, another very good friend of his.
I know this horses, I lived in Castilla for a while serving as Scretary of Commerce and Treasury under King Giovanni; I've seen them yet and you're right, they're among the best horses in the whole Europe.

Uummhh, I have rided this morning to come here from Liège, maybe it would be a nice ride on my coming back to Brugge.   

Giulia smiled gently, "Forgive me, My Lord, I forgot for a while your past in Castilla. Sure, it will be my pleasure to accomagny you back in Brugge".

Well my Lady, where do you bring your King now?

Giulia burst into a silvery laughter, then her glaze became more serious again, she was wondering if that was a proper idea, to show him... But she was confident in her King, so she added,  "By this way, My Lord. But this is the last place, I have juste one life, indeed".

They came back to the castle, rising up to the top of the Der Runde Turm. Giulia took a small key to open the door and they entered a large room. Some wide windows was allowing the sun light enlighten the place. On the table and tied to the walls all around there was a lot of scrolls, with several drawings and sketches of figures, objects and buildings. She diverted King attention from those about figures and pointing to the others she said, "I know, My Lord, quite unusual in some sense... it's part of my heritage indeed... but, now that we have completed Andernach buildings I need new projects. You well know as I am.... Have a look, and tell me, please, My Lord".

Giving him the time to look around, she appoached one window, her thought being deep, far way both in space and in time.

(RIP) Harald Magnusson

• General group
« Reply #74 on: 11 October, 2013, 12:22:05 PM »
By this way, My Lord. But this is the last place, I have juste one life, indeed

The young Lady drove Harald up the tower of the Castle. The stairs small and steep to let only one man to pass at a time, a good defensive tactic.
Then the Lady opened the door with a key, a small one well hided in her dress.

They entered into a big room with an high ceiling and rounded by great windows. The sunlight stepped in with a brightly power.

He saw a lot fo things all around. Sketches of human bodies, several objects and building projects.

I know, My Lord, quite unusual in some sense... it's part of my heritage indeed... but, now that we have completed Andernach buildings I need new projects. You well know as I am.... Have a look, and tell me, please, My Lord

He was attracted by a project of a strange building... frowning his brows he started Well Lady Giulia, it seems I have just discovered an unexpected side of your behaviour said still looking at the project, What is... while asking information about the project on the paper Harald attention was caught by another paper on the table

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6051/22r.png

Harald took the paper and looked for a while to the picture. He raised his glaze on the young Lady, that started to seemed a little bit at discomnfort. He looked at the young Lady with a great intensity.

Do you know what is this my Lady?
« Last Edit: 14 October, 2013, 01:47:11 PM by Harald Magnusson »