Author Topic: [ORP]Andernach memories  (Read 10943 times)

(RIP) Michele Degli Uberti

• General group
  • Honour: 0
Re: [ORP]Andernach memories
« Reply #30 on: 16 June, 2013, 11:06:11 PM »
He listened to all the applications of the Duchess in silence, as always. Him not movements muscle until her had not ended. Its laying showed more always the on to be military even though its nature of miner was betrayed by some hit of cough, typical of who had the bellows full of dust of stone.

"my Lady, everything is possible, you only have to have patience. the court will have, with your permission, my yellow and black tulips. In the south angle, among south wall and you seem west, where the sun of the morning arrives, I will put your climbing roses... for those will want us some time. Less time us will take for the small cultivation of medicinal grass"

Slightly smiled then "for the other your project, I would have thought to a circle mine Mrs.. The tree of flower peaches, surrounded by the orchard. In the middle of this a table of stone to seal the date of your ascent to Duchess."

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
  • Honour: 1
« Reply #31 on: 19 June, 2013, 11:56:57 PM »
"my Lady, everything is possible, you only have to have patience"

For a short moment, Giulia smiled ironically, thinking -"Patience? In this period, it seems that this is the most important gift required to me...."
But immediately changed her expression,  the matter was not petaining Sir Michele, so carefully listening him about the project he was describing.

"I see.... Tulips are your preferred choice and I fully agree, but I would like to have also an earlier flowering in the courtyard. Maybe  we can consider also other flowers in this respect here?
Finally, remenber to look for different colours in choosing climbing roses, Sir Michele"
- Giulia said him with a pleased smile.

She thought for a while and then added - "The project for the orchard is really very beautiful, I like so much the flowers of the peach tree... but just the Andernach coat of arms will be engraved on the stone with the date. The orchard will serve to all Andernach citizens, not only to the castle.
Of course, I would greatly appreciated  that you personally look for the project execution, when required.
You well know as I'm very confident in your abilities, Sir Michele"
- Giulia concluded always smiling to him.

« Last Edit: 31 August, 2013, 11:20:23 AM by Giulia Aldobrandeschi »

Verba movent, exempla trahunt - εἶ, γνῶθι σεαυτόν, μηδὲν ἄγαν

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #32 on: 31 August, 2013, 11:17:12 AM »
August, 31th, 1313

Giulia was back in Andernach.
It has been a very busy time, she didn't remember how many different journeys and tasks and it was a very long time she didn't have any time to write memories at the castle.

That early morning she went to the garden courtyard, admiring delighted the late roses blooming there.
"A wonderful and amazing job in a so short time. I really have to thank Sir Michele", she weaspered to herself.

Then she picked up some wild  white roses, smiling graciously, lost for a moment in distant thoughts.

Sir Andries, the retired guard capitain, appeared at the entrance, "Forgive me, Milady..."

She gently smiled to the old man, "Sure, Sir Andries, shall we go? The court  is in progress and I do hope it will be finished in a very short time."
« Last Edit: 31 August, 2013, 12:12:19 PM by Giulia Aldobrandeschi »

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #33 on: 03 September, 2013, 03:59:40 PM »
September, 3, 1313

Giulia was looking at the Court construction site, together with Sir Andries.

"Excellent! I have to write to the King and to start organizing for celebrations, soon, really soon", she exclaimed, smiling proudly in seeing how much effort all around.

Turning her gaze to the old retired captain she added, "Sir Andries, ask Andernach artisans to come to the castle at sunset, please."

Then she walked toward the castle stables, followed promptly by Sir Andries.

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #34 on: 04 September, 2013, 08:37:21 PM »
Giulia had gone to castle stables with Sir Andries.
They was waiting for a merchant   in charge of bringing some horses to be evaluated.
Giulia carefully observed those specimens. "What do you think, Sir Andries?", she asked him.

The retired captain approached a mighty black horse first and Giulia nodded silently to his choice of Freisian horse. Then he approached  other two, but he seemed unsettled.
"Maybe  the bay Shire, Sir Andries?", she added.

The captain nodded and Giulia left them alone to finalize the deal, she had to meet the artisans of Andernach.

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #35 on: 04 September, 2013, 09:00:25 PM »
September, 4th, 1313

It was early morning, Giulia was checking the fief's books when suddenly she realized that there was no more sound coming from the Court construction site.
She looked out the window and saw the builders exulting. The Court was finished.

She smiled proud of the commitment they all put into.

She sat at her table, qwickly she wrote a message to be read in the main square and, more carefully,  another scroll  which her seal.
Finally, she call a guard giving  order that the scroll as immediately sent to Brugge at the Royal palace.

My Lord, it is my pleasure to announce You the successful completion of the Court of Andernach.
Everything is ready as planned.
We are waiting for  Your arrival to begin the celebrations.

Sincerely and respectfully
Yours
Giulia

« Last Edit: 04 September, 2013, 09:07:21 PM by Giulia Aldobrandeschi »

(RIP) Harald Magnusson

• General group
« Reply #36 on: 06 September, 2013, 05:46:21 PM »
Harald was travelling south through the wooden hills of the Liège region followed by his Royal Guards.

He received a letter from Andernach a couple of days before. Few words indeed, but pleasant ones. The Vassal of Andernach, Lady Giulia, the young, red hair Lady told him that the Court has been finished.

Harald known about the great behaviour of the citizens of Andernach, their dedication, their commitment towards their homeland, towards their Lady. But the completion of the court in a such short time was impressive, even for an hard working Kingdom as Flanders actually is.

The day was a beautiful one of late summer. Fresh breeze and warm sun. The green light of the grass and of the trees all around. The next day in the morning he would have reach Andernach and its people. A nice opportunity to evade from the King's duty.

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #37 on: 07 September, 2013, 12:48:53 PM »
September, 7th, 1313

It was early morning, but the courier had announced the King was arriving in Andernach.

Everything was ready for celebrations, but Giulia went to check everything personally, once again.
In her apartments, Meinsent was finishing embroidering some linen shirts, "They are almost finished, Milady."
"Time is pressing, Meinsent, be fast, but not less accurate. I suppose apartments for the King to be ready, right?"

Then she went in the castle kitchen, the hunters had brought a lot of game, the oven gave off a almost intolerable heat, it had been on all night long, and the spits was already turning for some time. She checked all she believed could be of particular liking for His Majesty and, with the same aim, she came down in the castle cellars to control the drink supplies, with a slight wry smile in her eyes.

She went out into the courtyard, throwing a quick look at the stables, she entered the armory. The swords was gleaming on their supports and the attendant had just finished polishing her one.
She returned to the main staircase going into the audience hall. A beautiful chair, with carved armrests, was there, brought the day before by the master carpenter purposely for the King's arrival. Behind it, on the wall, some flags, the lion of Flanders and the crossed keys of Andernach in the middle, those of Liege, Koln, Mainz, and Julich on their sides.

A tapestry as hanged on the wall representing the last battle of Mainz during the spring, in front of it, between two windows, a chest,
that Giulia opened it to look inside one time more. She leave her gaze going all around and smiled at Sir Andries waiting on the hall threshold, "Are the housings for King's guards ready, Sir Andries?"

The old captain nodded promptly and  they went to the main square of Andernach, where the great oak was.
Giulia closed her eyes for a while, remembering that night of the past winter when they celebrated their first settlement, under the fronds of which the King had spoken to them and they all had sworn to devote themselves to the new land. A blue ribbon hanging still from a branch, intact despite the rigors of winter. She looked around and whispered, "How many things have changed, as this place has become prosperous thanks to everyone... "

She smiled with satisfaction, "Thank you, Sir Andries, for your commitment. It seems to me that everything is ready and
the arrival of the King is imminent. We will have an official ceremony, but then also a party for all. Our King loves to have  his people beside."

After taking leave of him, she went into her garden courtyard inside the castle, a quiet moment to herself before celebrations began. She took her lyre and began to play softly, surrounded by the scent of roses, enchanted for a while in distant thoughts, she smiled sweetly.

7 settembre 1313

Era mattina presto, ma la staffetta aveva annunciato che l'arrivo del Re ad Andernach era imminente.
Tutto era ben predisposto per le celebrazioni, ma Giulia si recò a controllare personalmente ogni cosa.
Nei suoi appartamenti, Meinsent con altre due giovani stava finendo di ricamare delle camicie di lino, "Sono quasi terminate, Milady".
"Il tempo stringe, Meinsent, siate veloci, ma non meno accurate. Gli appartamenti per il Re suppongo siano già pronti, vero?"

Si recò poi nelle cucine del castello, i cacciatori avevano portato molta selvaggina, il forno emanava un calore quasi insopportabile, era stato acceso tutta la notte, e gli spiedi già giravano da tempo. Controllò quanto riteneva potesse essere di particolare gradimento a Sua Maestà e con il medesimo intento scese nella cantina del castello a controllare l'approvvigionamento delle bevande, un lieve sorriso ironico negli occhi.

Uscì nella corte, gettando un'occhiata veloce alle stalle, per entrare nell'armeria. Le spade rilucevano sui loro supporti e l'attendente stava finendo di lucidare la sua.
Rientrò per la gradinata principale recandosi nella sala delle udienze. Una bellissima sedia dai braccioli intarsiati campeggiava nella sala, portata il giorno prima dal mastro falegname appositamente per l'arrivo del re. Dietro di essa, appese al muro, le bandiere, il leone delle Fiandre e le chiavi incrociate di Andernach, ai lati quelle di Liege, Koln, Julich e Mainz.

Lungo la parete era appeso un arazzo raffigurante l'ultima battaglia di Mainz in primavera, di fronte tra le due finestre una cassapanca, che Giulia aprì per guardare all'interno un'ultima volta. Lascio poi scorrere lo sguardo tutto intorno e sorrise vedendo Sir Andries sulla soglia della sala in attesa, "Gli alloggiamenti per la scorta del Re sono pronti, Sir Andries?"

Il vecchio capitano annuì prontamente e insieme si recarono nella piazza principale di Andernach, là dove sorgeva la grande quercia.
Giulia chiuse gli occhi per un attimo, ricordando quella sera dell'inverno passato in cui avevano festeggiato il loro primo insediamento, sotto le cui fronde il Re aveva parlato loro e loro tutti avevano giurato di dedicarsi a quella nuova terra. Un nastro azzurro pendeva ancora da un ramo, intatto nostante i rigori dell'inverno. Si guardò intorno e sussurrò, "Quante cose sono cambiate, quanto prospera è diventata questa terra grazie all'impegno di tutti..."

Sorrise soddisfatta, "Grazie, Sir Andries, per il vostro impegno. Mi sembra che tutto sia pronto e l'arrivo del Re è imminente. Ci sarà una cerimonia ufficiale, ma poi anche festa per tutti. Il nostro Re ama avere accanto il suo popolo."

Congedatolo, si recò nel suo giardino all'interno del castello, un momento di quiete per se stessa prima che le celebrazioni cominciassero. Prese la sua lira e cominciò sommessamente a suonare, circondata dal profumo delle rose, incantata per un poco in lontani pensieri, sorrise dolcemente.

(RIP) Harald Magnusson

• General group
« Reply #38 on: 16 September, 2013, 06:01:56 PM »
Late, that morning Harald's little column arrived up the hills that surround Andernach and its forests.

Harald stopped the column for a while; even if their trip was started not so long time before that morning. He stood to admire the landscape. Under the rising sun the colours were soft and mild in the fresh morning air.

He saw the Castle and all the new structures built up there in the last months. He saw a grown community, bigger than it was during his last visit there.

He moved forward down the hill, slowly. No trumpets to annunce his arrival to the People, no courrier sent to announce him to the Ladies of these lands.

The column entered the village from the northwest road unnoticed, Harald smiled.
« Last Edit: 17 September, 2013, 10:33:05 AM by Harald Magnusson »

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #39 on: 16 September, 2013, 07:11:09 PM »
Giulia stopped for a moment to play her lyre, looking at the sundial to figure out what time was, she had lost all notion of  elapsed time.

At that moment Sir Andries appeared in the doorway of the garden courtyard.
Giulia smiled and asked, "Any news about  the King's arrival, Sir Andries?"
"No, not yet, Milady," answered the old Guard captain.
"Send someone to Liege, please", she replied smiling and starting to play again.
Shortly after she didn't notice the sound of footsteps.

Giulia smise per un attimo di suonare la sua lira, guardando verso la meridiana per capire che ora fosse, aveva perso la nozione del tempo trascorso.

In quel momento Sir Andries si affacciò sulla soglia del giardino.
Giulia gli sorrise e chiese "Notizie dell'arrivo del Re, Sir Andries?".
"No, non ancora, Milady", rispose il vecchio capitano della guardia.
"Mandate qualcuno verso Liege, per favore", replicò sorridendo e riprendendo a suonare nuovamente.
Poco dopo non si accorse di un rumor di passi.
« Last Edit: 16 September, 2013, 07:18:41 PM by Giulia Aldobrandeschi »

(RIP) Harald Magnusson

• General group
« Reply #40 on: 17 September, 2013, 01:27:38 PM »
It seems that to enter into the Castle of Andernach doesn't require a particular skill, neither an army to take it, if a tall man as I am can freely reach the private rooms of the Dukess herself

Harald said looking at the young Lady using is lower baritone voice

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #41 on: 17 September, 2013, 03:06:18 PM »
It seems that to enter into the Castle of Andernach doesn't require a particular skill, neither an army to take it, if a tall man as I am can freely reach the private rooms of the Dukess herself

Giulia was startled in surprise, being so focused on the melody she was playing, but she recognized his voice.
She got up, one hand still holding the lyre, and bowed to His Majesty, "My Lord,..."

A flash of pride went in her eyes for a short while, then she replied to the King, gently smiling, "Maybe, You're wearing a cloak woven with threads of  fjords fog of your lands, as gray as Your eyes, My Lord...."

(RIP) Harald Magnusson

• General group
« Reply #42 on: 17 September, 2013, 04:33:26 PM »
Harald saw the first surprised reaction of the young Lady My Lord,...

Than, she recovered her self control and continued Maybe, You're wearing a cloak woven with threads of  fjords fog of your lands, as gray as Your eyes, My Lord....

Harald looked at the young Lady in front of him for a while

The fog could be dangerous my Lady, very dangerous. Only northern men know how much it can be of peril. Increase the level of attention of your men my Lady, we're living in trouble times, things are moving on in Central Europe and you must be careful.

He saw Lady Giulia has understood his admonition and smiled to the young Lady.

Anyway, I have to be fair and say that your music was quite soft and gentle, an appropriate armony for this beautiful day here in Andernach. How things are going on my dear Dukess? is the People of Andernach satisfied? I'll gladly meet some of them to hear their words.

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #43 on: 17 September, 2013, 08:49:01 PM »
The fog could be dangerous my Lady, very dangerous. Only northern men know how much it can be of peril. Increase the level of attention of your men my Lady, we're living in trouble times, things are moving on in Central Europe and you must be careful

Giulia nodded listening his admonition, "It will be done. Our borders are carefully controlled, but I will check my orders in
person, once again.
I know, I'm really young and You trust so much in me, My Lord..."

Anyway, I have to be fair and say that your music was quite soft and gentle, an appropriate armony for this beautiful day here in Andernach.
How things are going on my dear Dukess? Is the People of Andernach satisfied? I'll gladly meet some of them to hear their words.

Giulia smiled, gently touching strings of her lyre, and said "I'm glad You liked the melody. This lyre is a gift of my tutor, a men of nordic
origin that had traveled widely, like You. There are some facts of my childhood and early youth I don't believe never told You, My Lord...
Maybe in the future there will be a proper occasion, but now you are asking me about the fief"

Giulia waited until he sat, then she began to tell him in detail every news. She stopped for a moment, gently smiling, looking at the King for his approval. Then she asked "What do you prefer, to have some rest here, visit the town, see the audience hall and gifts for the appointend nobles? The ceremony will take place in the afternoon, there is still some time before, My Lord", waiting for his reply.

(RIP) Harald Magnusson

• General group
« Reply #44 on: 18 September, 2013, 10:24:43 AM »
It will be done. Our borders are carefully controlled, but I will check my orders in person, once again. I know, I'm really young and You trust so much in me, My Lord...

Harald listenned to Lady Giulia's reply and slightly nodded. He known that the young Lady was one of his best Nobles. She was young, true, but she was also organized and prepared, and she owned the rarest attitude to think for the future, to have a complete vision of the whole Kingdom; something unusual for a such young Lady.

I'm glad You liked the melody. This lyre is a gift of my tutor, a men of nordic origin that had traveled widely, like You. There are some facts of my childhood and early youth I don't believe never told You, My Lord...
Maybe in the future there will be a proper occasion, but now you are asking me about the fief

You mentioned something some time ago, but never went through it. It will be my pleasure to share with you your ancestor inheritance. To talk about my land is always a pleasure to me.

What do you prefer, to have some rest here, visit the town, see the audience hall and gifts for the appointend nobles? The ceremony will take place in the afternoon, there is still some time before, My Lord

Let's go to the town, my wish is to see how it has been grown, and talk with the People. Do you?