Author Topic: [ORP]Andernach memories  (Read 10941 times)

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
  • Honour: 1
Re: [ORP]Andernach memories
« Reply #15 on: 02 May, 2013, 06:44:54 PM »
Giulia gently smiled. It was just what she hoped for, but the light in the eyes of Lord Orso was much more than she had dared to imagine.
"Of course, Lord Orso. I was exactly hoping this. Do you want to try to cure and train it? Do you have any experience about this?...
It is really young and wild, but it's so beautiful.... and it's not the only one to be enjured."

Giulia looked at her hand, but it was nothing so serious to be worried about.

Verba movent, exempla trahunt - εἶ, γνῶθι σεαυτόν, μηδὲν ἄγαν

(RIP) Orso Björnsson

• General group
  • Honour: 0
« Reply #16 on: 04 May, 2013, 01:20:57 PM »
"Yes, I had a hawk in the north, Preya, given to me by my father, the only thing that ever gave me."
For a moment the eyes of Orso caught fire, immediately to return normal to the view of the hawk.
"But you are injured? And 'was the hawk? If he must immediately medicate, their claws dig deep"

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #17 on: 07 May, 2013, 10:20:31 PM »
Giulia did not fail to note Lord Orso  reaction at that memory of a distant past, but it was just for a moment and then she looked away  to dont embarrass him.

"Wonderful! I leave you this little falcon, sure it will be in really good hands. It will be necessary to find a name for her...
Maybe do you want to choose it only  after having tested her character?
Tomorrow, I will leave for a long journey, I hope that returning to find the falcon in better health. Only then you will tell me the name you have chosen. "

"But you are injured? And 'was the hawk? If he must immediately medicate, Their claws dig deep"

"No, Lord Orso dont worry, it's nothing really serious. Indeed, as  I told you one evening in Brugge,  I have some expertise in the care with medical herbs thanks to my nurse." - for a moment her thoughts were lost in the sweetness of the memory of Manaar...

"May I  get back the basket with my herbs, if you dont need it for the falcon? "- Giulia added, smiling a little bit ironically.

(RIP) Orso Björnsson

• General group
« Reply #18 on: 09 May, 2013, 09:30:54 AM »
- The basket? Oh yeah, take it as well. I already have a name in mind, but I will confirm after I have seen him in action.
Took the hawk and the hill on a table near the fireplace.
Suddenly Orso launch the little axe which he always kept his belt and instantly decapitated a mouse who had the idea to come out,
and took the rat and approach the hawk did not think twice to grab it.

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #19 on: 11 May, 2013, 09:19:50 AM »
Giulia watched the scene unmoved, carefully looking at the young peregrine falcon.

"A life for a life ...." - she tought that the hawk was proving deserving it until now,
her screeching in the branches, her vitality in heating the prey.

"Good look at both of you. I will be back in some days and we will see.
Thanks again, Lord Orso,  for all the care you will give her.

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #20 on: 14 May, 2013, 10:19:33 AM »
May, 13, 1313

Giulia had returned to Andernach in the afternoon.... many issues to be addressed in Andernach before leaving for a new journey
outside the Kingdom.

However, she was really curious about two things: the peregrin falcon she had entrusted to Lord Orso and Sir Michele's greenhouse....

Sadly,  both men were at work, she would have to wait with some little patience for their.
« Last Edit: 30 May, 2013, 09:56:15 PM by Giulia Aldobrandeschi »

(RIP) Orso Björnsson

• General group
« Reply #21 on: 14 May, 2013, 06:44:16 PM »
Orso was beating hard on the hot iron when he became aware of a noise just outside the forge, seeing Lady Julia, he putted  the blade that was manufacturing plunged it into the bucket of cold water to temper the blade. A large smoked was formed from which he emerged cheerfully Orso going to meet Milady.
-It 'a joy to see her, lately I see a few people, only Triskele and Katerina, sometimes Bartolomeo, but I bet she's here for another reason - and smiling harbor two fingers to his mouth, emitting a shrill whistle.
Within a few seconds a shadow darkened the sun and went down briefly in a breakneck speed ....Orso took his arm up and expect the hawk going on it.
-Lady Giulia I present Hela! - The hawk start to preen by cleaning the dried blood giving a quick look at Milady, then lowered his head on the feathers.
-She likes you, otherwise he would have issued a squeal flying away.What do you think about her??

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #22 on: 16 May, 2013, 11:24:40 PM »
Giulia smiled to Lord Orso, finally meeting him  -"How are you? .... Oh, is this one the falcon I left you some days ago?
I'm proud of you, Orso. Excelent care and an excelent training in a so short time".

She took from her bag the pen she used to write and gently stroked the breast of the falcon with it, whispering her name.
"Hela? Which is his meaning, I'm not sure to rembember it exactly...."
"

(RIP) Orso Björnsson

• General group
« Reply #23 on: 17 May, 2013, 09:04:23 AM »
-Hela is the queen of the underworld, daughter of the evil Loki.
The name means hidden or death, and I gave this name to hawk his ferocious hunting skills. It seemed appropriate.
Go away now, from today I'll must work hardly for the castle's costruction.

And saying so he did fly off the hawk.
-News from Brugge Milady?

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #24 on: 25 May, 2013, 12:44:34 PM »
Giulia smiled. Orso was a warrior and Hela was a name absolutely appropriate to for his peregrine falcon.
She admired the elegance with which Hela had flown away. She was perfectly healthy and Giulia really glad about.

"Brugge? Oh, everything is fine. Lots of work and foreigners come to buy at the market quite often or to study. But now we have also much work to do here, all together."

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #25 on: 25 May, 2013, 01:05:29 PM »
May, 20th, 1313

Giulia had returned that evening, after a long journey.
From the hill overlooking Andernach she saw as the work for the Caste was going very fast.
Arrived in town she noticed also that some fellow citizens were at work even at that hour helping themselves with some torches, although it was quite late yet.

"Very impressive" - she thought.

Tomorrow she would have given her contribution,  checked that all  was right, and talked with King Harald about the journey and possible issues, but now she needed to rest.

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #26 on: 25 May, 2013, 01:30:13 PM »
May, 24th, 1313

The construction of the castle was over. The Flemish citizens had made a ​​considerable effort to complete the construction in a so little time. King Harald was really satisfied.
Now the atmosphere was joyful, everyone reading the satisfaction  in the faces of all the others, after a so much hard work.

Giulia looked at the castle for a while, then she went to the big oak tree of Andernach.
She recalled the night of the first party around the fire some months before,  the unexpected arrival of the King, and his impressive words ....

"People of Andernach, it's my will to thank you all for your hard work here. You have made ​​a great effort in building up the market and barely finished the tavern in a very few time. I'm impressed of commitment to longer available. You are honoring our People, the People now who you belong to, with a strong will and determination. You'll be the southern stronghold of our Kingdom, you'll be one of the pillars upon Which we'll build the County of Flanders. One of the pillars towards peace and prosperity for our People. Do not forget it. We're doing this entire job to let people live in peace and Follow Their Own Dreams. Only together we'll reach our own target, isolated we'll get lost. I'm proud of you all ladies and men of Andernach. I'm a man of the north with strong beliefs in what is around us. This night we are eating and drinking under the foliage of this mighty oak. This great oak is the witness of your oath tonight. Being here tonight you silently swear your loyalty to this land and to its People. Gods are watching you; until this oak will not be cut'll be blessed. May the Gods safeguard your path. "

She remembered also her silent oath of that evening. She stayed a long time under the big oak tree reflecting on what she would say publicly tomorrow and on the future.

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #27 on: 01 June, 2013, 10:14:22 PM »
May, 31th, 1313

Giulia was back in Andernach on the day before, there were many things to take care to.
The desk full of scrolls and registers kept her occupied for a while ...
but at a certain moment her gaze was lost out the window, looking down to a courtyard lit by the sun ....

"Yes, that is the right place, while the other court will be devoted to the warriors training.
I have to talk with Sir Michele about climbing roses there and fruit trees on the village's borders."
- she thought to herself.

Without waiting anymore,  she took a scroll  and began to write.

"Dear Sir Michele,
I hope you are come back from Brugge.
I would like to discuss tomorrow morning about the garden design as just I told You.
Lady Giulia"

Sealed the scroll, she called a guard asking to deliver it as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: 02 June, 2013, 09:59:28 PM by Giulia Aldobrandeschi »

(RIP) Michele Degli Uberti

• General group
« Reply #28 on: 02 June, 2013, 09:45:48 PM »
May, 1th, 1313

He arrived near the castle of Andernach to be able to meet Lady Giulia as her had asked to him the day before.

You introduced the permission to the watches  to be received.

While it was waiting for answer it started thinking to how much a long time ago that castle was only a project and how many things were changing in so little time. It seemed so far him the time in Brescia and Milano.

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #29 on: 03 June, 2013, 10:04:11 PM »
A guard knocked on the door and announced the arrival of Sir Michele.

"Good morning, Sir Michele.
Thank you for coming so early in the morning, is the ideal moment in the day.
But please, have a seat. I will explain briefly my projects. Then we will spend some time doing a direct inspection."
- Giulia said gently smiling to him.

"I have seen the results of your flower cultivation  and I was really admired. I would  like your advice in designing a courtyard here at the castle for me. I need an outdoor place in which to reflect in all quietness.

It's in the south part, I think this should be the ideal exposure. I was thinking to some climbing roses, mainly.
However,  also a little corner for the cultivation of some medicinal herbs is required. I need them for herbalist lab."

Giulia paused, looking at Sir Michele. How much he had changed since the days in Milan.
Always shy, albeit polite... but now the self-confidence could be read on his face.

"However, the more complex project concerns the village's borders. I would like to have there  some fruit trees and also to prepare a place outside for the cultivation of medicinal herbs, mayble nearby Leirin's inn...
Which types of trees you recommend? Which men we can entrust from the execution of this work between the villagers?

Of course, I would greatly appreciated  that you personally look for the project execution. 
I have full confidence in you, Sir Michele "
- Giulia concluded always smiling to him.

Surely, results would have been more than excellent.