Author Topic: [ORP]Andernach memories  (Read 10942 times)

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
  • Honour: 1
[ORP]Andernach memories
« on: 19 February, 2013, 10:40:55 AM »
Giulia arrived in Andernach in the early morning, february, 17th, 1313.

An untouched lush forest all around her. What a wonderful place for her new life!

However, she spent there only few moments to set down her belongins in a suitable ground for her new hut, field and herbalist shop.
After she left again towards Brugge for some imminet commitments.

Just enough the time to see Lord Orso, awake and with an axe his hand, and give him a nod. She would be back in few days with Sir Michele, Sir Cagliostro  and others.

She was very proud of Lord Orso,  she recently met in the Duchy of Milan... a man of the north, strong and resolute, a warrior, really committed in the project of the Count Harald.

Maybe sometimes just a little dismissive and rude manner with respect to she had been used in Italy, her country of origin.
« Last Edit: 27 February, 2013, 08:19:55 PM by Giulia Aldobrandeschi »

Verba movent, exempla trahunt - εἶ, γνῶθι σεαυτόν, μηδὲν ἄγαν

(RIP) Orso Björnsson

• General group
  • Honour: 0
Re: [ORP]Andernach memories
« Reply #1 on: 19 February, 2013, 11:20:57 AM »
Orso was running out to build his hut, not as beautiful as those of the city, but perfect for him, solid and simple, when a noise startled birds, Orso put the axe on his shoulder and annoyed went to see what had frightened the birds. .. and saw a wagon ... and Lady Julia in tow.
"And so it was already there ... soon others would follow". He greeted her with a nod, and he was not accustomed to such formalities, but he knows he will always be indebted to Lady Julia for everything he has done for him.
But it's time to think about building Adernach now.

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #2 on: 28 February, 2013, 11:03:24 AM »
February, 28, 1313

Giulia had returned to Andernach  in the early morning, as usual.
It seemed a long time had passed already from the morning of her first arrival.
Indeed, she spent  few days in Brugge, then there was the Scotland campaign, and then again a couple of days in Brugge to construct and to study at the TG.

But now, from the Liege hills she can admire the valley of Andernach and the river that flowed beside it, her new home.

She is really proud to see all her friends, Lord Orso, Bartolomeo, Cagliostro and Katerina, all hardly working to build the market. The first key issue of their new settlement in Andernach.
Leirin and Michele are expected as soon as possible.

Just the time to deposit her belongings and she will take the work hammer too.
How many hours? No matter about!

In the same time she have to think about the party organization for this evening .... the first of many, but the most important,
since she wants to thank all her friends that shared with her a dream.

So, who's going to play?

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #3 on: 28 February, 2013, 09:09:50 PM »
In the afternoon, during a break from the construction work, Giulia walked along the bank of the river to rest and freshen up a litte bit.

But at some point she felt observed, turning quickly herself, she saw three kids, probably from the nearby rebel region of Mainz, scared and curious at the same time.
The youngest, a little girl with blonde hair, had a basket, the older a rudimentary fishing rod.
Gulia smiled and motioned them to approach.
She  had to seem them a little extravagant with her long red hair loose and curled, and improperly dressed for the hard building job, but not many words was  needed to exchange all the fish with blackberry pie that Katerina cooked in the morning.

Returned to the village, followed at a distance by all the kids, she prepared the table led by Bartolomeo under the big oak tree near her hut.
She called Katerina to cook one time more those soups about which she was so famous in Brescia.

Cagliostro, Orso and Michele looked intrigued, but a serious look of Giulia was enough to make them understand that before attending the party they would have to clean up for good: the working day has been very very hard for all of them and noy yet ended.

Leirin was very tired due to her journey, but she would heard music through the windowd of her hut, at least.

Later it would be necessary  for Giulia to accord her old lyre.

(RIP) Harald Magnusson

• General group
« Reply #4 on: 01 March, 2013, 01:07:00 AM »
Harald started his journey early in the morning as he was used to do every time he has to travel for a while.

This journey wasn’t one of his longest, but the roads weren’t so easy, even for a good horse like his one.

The Guard Captain forced him to increase the number of his guards. Andernach was under the control of the County since a short time, after a rebellion was defeated by the Flemish Army with a bloody battle, and the Captain was afraid of some revenge.

The winter wasn’t so cold during these days and the journey was very pleasant. The column passed through forests, wonderful valleys with a mantle of snow and the landscape was an amazing one.

At the dusk the column arrived upon the hills that overlook the river and the valley of Andernach. The sight was really nice and Harald thought that it was a very good place to live in.

Harald and his men arrived at the village when the stars were yet shining. He saw the fire burning under the big oak. The snow covered the sound of his boots and those of his men. He smiled. Near the fire he saw some people. He recognized Lady Giulia and Orso Bjornsson, the northern men he met in Brugge.

Using his thundering voice he said “I hope that deer is ready! My stomach can’t wait any more!

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #5 on: 01 March, 2013, 08:07:01 AM »
The fire was burning under the big oak, all the people around. A good rest after so much hard work.

Giulia was playing her lyre, her gaze lost far away, the mind lost in old memories...

During a little rest, she saw something gleaming along the path down the hill. He nodded to Cagliosto, but it was already gone, and he shook his head since he didnt  see anything.

But the air around was changed, under the pretext of a drink, she  approached Lord Orso. "I remember you have caught a deer yesterday. Ask to Katerina to help you to start to cook it, please. At least, it will serve for tomorrow. Another  long and hard day wait us."

Then she returned to her seat under the big oak tree near the fire, the night was getting cold.

Suddenly, she smiled, she was not wrong: that was the voice of the Count Harald!

She nodded to Michele  and Bartolomeo to bring more wood for the fire.

Then she took a horn from the table, dipped it into the barrel of ale and she ran to the Count.
Smiling she handed it to him - "My Lord,..." - there was no need for words, her offer  was enough to show her joy and gratitude for his unexpected arrival in Andernach.

The party around the fire would last much longer.
« Last Edit: 01 March, 2013, 08:20:01 AM by Giulia Aldobrandeschi »

(RIP) Orso Björnsson

• General group
« Reply #6 on: 05 March, 2013, 10:06:35 AM »
Orso had a good hunt, the deer was a fine specimen caught adult that would be enough for several days.
Katerina had helped to cook, and all were to see him cook with hungry eyes, all except Orso.
He always turned back to the fire not to be blinded by the light in case of attack. A habit that he brought with him from the numerous battles in which he participated.
Suddenly he heard a loud voice well known, and the Lord of Flanders, Count Harald had arrived!
Their eyes met and shook the forearm as do the men of the North in greeting.
He was glad that the Count was there, he had his own blunt way of speaking, even if not as rough to bear.
Orso got a nice piece of leg of venison and brought it to his mouth, eating hungry.
He looked up and saw that some looked at him puzzled, others laughed ... he said, still chewing, "Well? What is there to watch?"
"Nothing nothing," said Lady Julia, still smiling, "but watching you eat seems really a bear!"
The laughter increased in volume and in the end everyone was laughing, while Orso clamoring beer for everyone.

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #7 on: 06 March, 2013, 12:26:05 PM »

Giulia smiled to Lord Orso, the smel of the roasted deer was really delicious.
She hoped that the Count would appreciated in the same way.

"You eat like a bear, Lord Orso!
But, I'm just joking....
I well know the qualities of the man under that thick fur coat.

Spring is coming, tomorrow you will find on the table under this big oak a small gift from me to all of you."

Giulia sat down by the fire and began to gently play her lyre, again.

(RIP) Harald Magnusson

• General group
« Reply #8 on: 06 March, 2013, 12:59:49 PM »
Harald smiled to the young red lady when she brought him what seemed to be a great, fresh ale.
"My Lord,..."

Thank you my Lady. The journey was long and I’m really, really thirsty, if you mind what it means for northern men..” he said blinking to the girl.

The fire was hot, the winter was leaving space to springtime, but nights were always cold in Flanders, and really cold among the hills of Andernach. Harald kept his fur cloak on his shoulders.

Then he saw the greetings of the young northern man he met in Brugge and replied to him “At de gamle Gudene i Nord velsigne denne brannen og dette måltidet!”*

Then he sat around the fire like he was used to do during his hunting games when he was a young, wild boy in Viken. Memories of the past.

He was awaked from his thoughts by Lady Giulia that was saying

"You eat like a bear, Lord Orso!
But, I'm just joking....I well know the qualities of the man under that thick fur coat.
Spring is coming, tomorrow you will find on the table under this big oak a small gift from me to all of you.
"

While the people were listening to Lady Giulia words he stood up. People fall silent. He looked them in their eyes, one by one, without speaking.

Then he said “People of Andernach, it’s my will to thank you all for your hard work here. You have made a great effort in building up the market and barely finished the tavern in a very few time. I’m impressed of such a commitment. You are honoring our People, the People who now you belong to, with a strong will and determination. You’ll be the southern stronghold of our Kingdom; you’ll be one of the pillars upon which we’ll build the County of Flanders. One of the pillars towards peace and prosperity for our People. Don’t forget it. We’re doing this entire job to let people live in peace and follow their own dreams. Only together we’ll reach our own target, isolated we’ll get lost. I’m proud of you all ladies and men of Andernach. I’m a man of the north with strong beliefs in what is around us. This night we are eating and drinking under the foliage of this mighty oak.” He rest for a short moment admiring the tree. “This great oak is the witness of your oath tonight. Being here tonight you silently swear your loyalty to this land and to its People. Gods are watching you; until this oak won’t be cut you’ll be blessed. May the Gods safeguard your path”.

He looked them again, one by one, and then he raised his jug of ale to the oak.

*May the Ancient Northern Gods bless this fire and this hall
« Last Edit: 06 March, 2013, 01:03:07 PM by Harald Magnusson »

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #9 on: 06 March, 2013, 08:11:16 PM »
Giulia stopped playing immediately seeing the Count standing up and she carefully listened him....
The silence lasted a long time, his voice echoing in the air. All strongly impressed by his words.

She looked at her friends all around the fire, then she watched for a while the flames crackle, giving the rhythm
of her breathing with them.

She stood up and, at the same time, she loosened her long copper hair with a clean gesture.
She tied the ribbon of light blue silk to the highest branch of the oak to which she managed to get there:
protect the oak, which she had chosen arriving at Andernach a morning of what now seemed so long ago,
was also her silent oath, and that color a special choice, too.

Then, she turned to the Count looking at his eyes and smiling.

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #10 on: 01 April, 2013, 07:41:53 PM »
April, 1, 1313

Giulia had been far from Andernach for a certain period, before for studying in Brugge, then for a long journey around in Europe.
She was back saturday in the late afternoon, just in time for a pleasant conversation  about all the news with Leirin, sitting under the big oak tree.
The day after, Leirin would came in Brugge.
At first glance everything was in order - "Tomorow, I will check all in deep."
Giulia would stop in Andernach a couple of days to satisfy all  needs there with the products of her shop and to address other possible issues.
Then, she would came to Brugge for studing, too, but she asked to Leirin to deliver a letter to the palace for the Count on her part.
Sunday probably she would be able to meet Michele and Caio, always engaged in digging and cutting operations.
She was really curious to know from Michele what he sowed in his garden ....
« Last Edit: 01 May, 2013, 10:37:54 AM by Giulia Aldobrandeschi »

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #11 on: 01 May, 2013, 11:54:52 AM »
May, 1, 1313

Giulia had returned to Andernach early that morning.
The journey was really quiet. She had just put into operation her stills and then she had gone to give her greetings.
Both Lord Orso, and Sir Bartolomeo were  early risers, too. She felt distinctly the sound of the hammer on the anvil comimg from the Orso's blacksmith and the one of the saw in Bartolomeo's carpentry.

Apart from this, the peace reigned over the whole village and Brivido was comfortably lying on a stone slab of the inn low wall to enjoy the sun.

The day was beautiful and Giulia decided to take a long walk, first along the river and on the forest edge.
Spring had now arrived and she needed some herbs stocking up - " I will ask to Leirin  checking for their drying on my behalf ... tomorrow I will leave again for one of my long journeys".
She glanced at her clothes - "For now it's still good, coming back I need to pass in the Katerina's workshop..."

But now she wanted to enjoy the walk and the warmth of the sun on her skin after the long winter months.

(RIP) Orso Björnsson

• General group
« Reply #12 on: 01 May, 2013, 12:22:53 PM »
Orso beating the hammer on the anvil to forge a blade from the last hours of the night.
He had built the hut at the edge of the village where this ran along the dense forest, and in this way she would not disturb his neighbors too.
He saw the corner of Lady Julia and seemed almost ethereal as he walked in the small village with a satisfied air, all that could be seen was built thanks to her.
Orso thought that they could organize a nice lunch with everyone present; lately Lady Giulia was not often in Andernache and they had to do it.
« Last Edit: 01 May, 2013, 08:20:12 PM by Orso Björnsson »

Giulia Aldobrandeschi

• General group
« Reply #13 on: 01 May, 2013, 08:13:01 PM »
Giulia was pleasantly tired of her walk along the Andernach river and along the forest edge. The harvest of medicinal herbs was more than satisfactory, but there was still a lot of work to do to in order to provide for a proper storage.
Suddenly, a strange screeching caught her attention and she went deeper into the forest.

The call came from a bush, cautiously she parted the branches and what a surprise!
A baby peregrine falcon was lying entangled among the branches...
She took it very cautiously, not without a peck, and quickly laid it in the herb basket  covering his eyes with a ribbon.

Then, Giulia quickly went to the hut of Lord Orso - "Perhaps Lord Orso, thanks to his Nordic origins, saw how gyrfalcons are bred and  can do something to save and train a peregrine one".
« Last Edit: 02 May, 2013, 01:07:39 PM by Giulia Aldobrandeschi »

(RIP) Orso Björnsson

• General group
« Reply #14 on: 02 May, 2013, 11:10:30 AM »
Orso was about to greet Lady Julia, when he exclaimed:
- En vandrefalk! - By dropping down the heavy hammer work.
Regardless of Milady taken, almost snatched the basket from her hand and placed it on the table.
- Is injured - he said, looking Lady Giulia
- and it's a female, are larger than males. To the north are migratory, here in Flanders live better. Can I take care of them?