Author Topic: [ORP] Tales from Tavern  (Read 3128 times)

(RIP) Jjah Virilis

• General group
  • Honour: 0
[ORP] Tales from Tavern
« on: 13 February, 2013, 12:11:03 AM »
- where is tavern!? - loud shout was heard on whole Krakow Main Square. Who was so loud and rude and was disturbing in the night?
The old shabby and dirty man, almost naked, was going across Street. His walk shows that he just went from one tavern. Fortunately for him street wasn't wide, so his walk was almost straight.
- that's Capital of my Kingdom?! The night is young and all are sleeping?! Wake up Good Peoples! You SON was back!! Be happy with me! - was shouting all the time. And probably wouldn't stop screaming if one of guard wouldn't find him.
- In the name of Polish Kingdom, became quiet - said the guard
- In the name of Polish Kingdom - said man - lead me to tavern! - answered and fall into guardian arms
- Don't make fun of Polish Kingdom! - shouted angry guard
- Don't make noise about quiet! - replied stranger
- Enough! -
guard was red from his angry - came with me!
- If you are going to tavern, then with all pleasure, good boy. Else, I'm not used to go anywhere with strangers - replied drunker
- You are here guest therefore you shall say your name first - said guard because now he knows how to talk with this annoying citizen
- My name is Jjah, Jjah from Viliris family! The son of Mazovian Woods - said proudly
- Yes, you look like your name, virile and taken from wood - words of guard were full of disgusting - came with me, we will go to Prison
- WHAT?! You cannot imprison me! I am noble! - Jjah couldn't allow for such offense.
- We are going there to rest a little, and there will be your new place of work - said the guard. Then explain few times that by his behavior he is owned a lot money of penalty. Therefore best way would be to clean the cells in Jail. Of course so stupid arguments couldn't convince Jjah Virilis. But when Guard said that clean cell is good place for sleep, and there he can drink not worse wine from their cellar, Virilis stopped to complain. They went in unity to Prison of Krakov.
« Last Edit: 11 September, 2013, 11:51:56 AM by Jjah Virilis »

(RIP) Jjah Virilis

• General group
Re: Tales from Tavern
« Reply #1 on: 13 February, 2013, 03:05:41 PM »
The morning in Prisons weren’t same quiet as usual. Old residents couldn’t sleep longer than till noon. 
And that wasn’t fault of sun who was shining same like everyday. Even frost wasn’t worse than in last winter days.
The reveille was made by the new one - Jjah from Virlis family.
- Where, to the hundred devils am I? - Jjah was asking  the wall or mouse hidden in corner - bars? a cell?! What is going.. on? GUARD?!
His question lost in kind asking of rest of residents. Sentences full of love like “shout up!”, “give us sleep you moron!” were audible in whole Prison, even in room of guards.
- New One woke up - said Guard to his friend - we need to let him away, else all prisoners won’t give us rest.
And in this way Jjah again was free. Also free from money.
- Where is my payment? - he couldn’t believe that after work he was same poor like before.
- I told you my friend. The penalty. But don’t be worried, someone left you a gift. I still admire you, how you was capable of writing letters. You couldn’t even walk few steps. So here is last letter and package for you, sir.
Jjah was confused. He didn’t remember too much from last evening. Letters? Package? He opened letter as fast as possible, and read it two times. The reading never was easiest for him, especially after hard night with a lot of drinking.
- Yes... hmmm.. Her Majesty.. let her Royal Bosom will give birth to thousands sons! She sent me clothes! HA! - Virilis was happy like a little boy - Lucky day! I see I still remember how to talk with noble women! Do you see? You are poor guard, and I am the servant of Our Queen! Yes.. I will be most humble servant of Her Majesty! So magnanimous person.

Virilis during long hours was repeating same words of admiration. The Queen can be sure, she hasn’t chance to find better and more loyal servant. Of course this loyalty didn’t mean he couldn’t think about other women. He was just a man, like all them.
The temptation was all around. And Jjah found it before first corner.
- Dear Lady, do you mind if I tell you I didn’t meat so beautiful woman since I was in Rome - said with huge slippery smile. Because woman didn’t say nothing, he was keeping speaking - I saw there all Aphrodite and Venus who lives there in Temple. But any of them wasn’t same gorgeous like you, my Lady.
- don’t pay me compliments, Sir, I need "another payment" - said upset Lady
- My Lady, you are precious, but more precious is my pouch - answered Virilis - I won’t pay for something what can I have for free. As long as watching isn’t forbidden I will do it.

And he did like he said. In this way he spend first day in Capital. After sunset he was same poor like in the noon. So again he back to prison. Only there anyone was waiting for him. Only there he can try to earn few coins. And only there the cellar was open for him and his thirst.
- Home sweet home. Show me cell to clean
- said to guard - and take a bottle, or two, I’ll tell you about my last journey.
- it was sweet.. until you find it - said guard to himself - but you are good companion to drink, so I cannot throw you out
The night in Prison again was long and loud. Old walls didn’t remember times when last time the laugh was guest here.

(RIP) Jjah Virilis

• General group
« Reply #2 on: 02 September, 2013, 03:02:05 PM »
Many days passed since times when Jjah was almost naked poor ordinary citizen of Poland. The short period when the Court was his home also was over. The guardian who was taking care of prison, and after that he was helper in court disappeared. Perhaps he knew too much. Or he just went on his retirement. Both solution were good for noble Jjah. He can forget his not so noble descent. It never was interesting  for him. most important was to receive fresh and as good as possible noble title. Since His Grace Merthin made him “the lord”, Jjah couldn’t stop to dream about something more. He exploited the chance when His Grace step down from vassal role. Now he was the second in the Kingdom. Finally he doesn’t have to take care of silver. All royal chest was open for him and his needs. Virilis never liked money, but lack of them was too big pain for him.
- finally we are free! free from worries! - shouted before opened the chest. Same laud he shouted after.. - to the millions daemons! where are the MONEY?!
Royal Chest was same empty like his own pouch. Sweet dream was over. Situation in Kingdom wasn’t so great from this point of view. As long as he was just the Judge he didn’t have chance to notice it. Court’s chest was always full of everything.
- So good we took the Bank of Crown with ourselves! Now we have to hide them in better place than royal chest, here money cannot stay too long - said and went back to his small house. Only there he was sure these money won’t be spend for anything stupid. Of course keeping three chests is isn’t easy work. Especially when he wasn’t sure where his needs are needs of Vassal and when it is just his personal caprices.
In normal case sir Jjah would lose his mind, but not now. One thought made him stronger:
- If this chest is empty then in the Kingdom has to be one more place where are the money - now he has one more reason to try best he can. The Crown was waiting for him and for his help. Again he couldn’t stop to think about silver. He hated that, but had no choice.

All would be perfect, but one day changed his life - baptism in Brugge. Not the faith was the reason. He knew very well this faith. For him it was just one more way to find money and upgrade his position. The Holly Book was perfect for that. Same like whole structure of Church. He - the son of forest - could finally be part of something bigger something more powerful. But even that wasn’t the reason why his life was changed. Reason was same obvious like in million similar cased - the woman.

He saw her when she was walking near to church. He didn’t care then for the high mass. So good father Leon didn’t notice that one of his new sheep escaped in the middle of baptism. The short meeting changed our vassal. Few talks, and many letter after that opened his soul on… his ancestors. He had to know who they are! He needed to find his roots. Even if they aren’t so splendid like this woman was. This was begin of new chapter in his not so quiet life. But still the money were same important, or even more, cos he needs a lot of them for travels and discovering his past. So good he was most humble servant of Crown. And the Crown always was taking care of her servants.

(RIP) Jjah Virilis

• General group
« Reply #3 on: 02 September, 2013, 06:08:12 PM »
The Daemons of the Past - part 1

Virilis knew his surname is taken from latin word, but had no idea what means his name. It wasn’t similar to any nor polish nor latin word. He didn’t see this name before. Didn’t? His memory, not best never, now even worse, was working slowly and chaotic.
- I saw it! To the million barrels of rotten honey! Now I remember I saw this stupid surname once! That is the chance for us - said happy, and as fast as possible he went out from the Castle. Now when he is taking care for journey, is good time to explain one thing. Lord Jjah since he became someone more than ordinary citizen was strange bad habit to say about himself “we”. Perhaps from time he had few chests and few roles, he couldn’t think about himself like about one person. It was even easier for him. Virilis the Bank-keeper could give Virilis-citizen loan. Same vassal-Virilis could allow on something to bank-keeper and vice versa. That was also the chance for good talk. Since polish kingdom lost few citizens it was really hard to find any interlocutor.

The place where Jjah was going and where he saw his own surname it was castle at north - Marienburg. In Teuton Order’s libraries he saw once old document signed by “jjah virilis”. But then he didn’t pay any attention to this fact. However this time, he want spend a lot time just to see it once again. The curiosity is powerful weapon.

Since reading anything in library isn’t more exciting acting in the world, we can wait for him in a better place in the tavern. It was dark when Virilis arrived to the same Inn. Only thanks to the moon he had the chance to see name and sign of this tavern. And that last thing woke him up better than anything what he discovered in library.
- what the.. hell full of naked virgins.. is here!!?? - asked full of tolerance for human creativity. The reason of this question was looking on him. The human skeleton, or human-like, cos this head had also thorns. All was looking pretty reliably, so Virilis was scared a little. - no, bumpy, way! I will not stay here! I have enough of all daemon’s! - said, but he changed mind when he heard the song of wolves. - always daemon is better than wolf - convinced himself.
Inside of tavern wasn’t nicer than outside, however after few glasses of good honey Virilis was much more calmer. So he asked innkeeper:
- Can you be so kind and to bury this poor head into ground, I will not sleep in the place where a piece of death body hangs under doors - said not so kind like he was planning
- I cannot milord - said humble innkeeper.
- If you won’t do that, you will lose your last client - Jjah had to use strongest argument
- And if will do that I will lose my Inn, sir. Since it is “Old Daemon’s Inn”, or like you are used to call inns.. it is - translating into foreign language it wasn’t easy task for innkeeper - “tavern under old daemon’s head”. Without head it won’t be same place - the power of argument was unbelieveable.
- Then you just change the name into more.. humane and proper for this place - said Virilis. But before Innkeper said his answer, Jjah changed his mind. This name is accurate for this dirty interior trim.
- Dear Lord - said Innkeeper - this head makes our business lucky. My grand-grand-grand father spent a lot money to buy this treasure. It is head of Daemon the Innkeeper. He was powerful person in his times. Probably by his mystery drinks he took over the throne of empire. Don’t remember which one, forgive me, my Lord. He was unbeaten thanks to his amulet - the head of daemon. Or it was head of his father. Don’t remember now - repeat Innkeeper and filled in Virilis’ glass. During the story Jjah was falling asleep. Innkeeper's story was great lullaby for his tired mind - When Daemon left his amulet, his enemies killed him. Then my grand-grand-grand father pointed one thing. If old amulet was helping to this daemon, then maybe his head won’t be worse. And he bought it. From this time it hangs over our doors, and thanks God, or thanks Daemon our Inn is still open. Yes, yes this daemon was good person. Thanks to him empire was growing up, to bad he had to died so early. To bad for this empire, but lucky for us - but this part of story Innkeeper said to himself, because Virilis was in totally else place right now. Probably Innkeeper wouldn’t stop to talk, but Jjah’s snoozing was drowning out everything.

(RIP) Jjah Virilis

• General group
« Reply #4 on: 02 September, 2013, 07:20:45 PM »
The Daemons of the Past - part 2

Next days didn’t give to Jjah anything better. When he come back to Krakov he spent time in his Castle. But except count the silver or checking his bed, he was reading ancient “Chronicles of Empire”. It was most boring book written in latin. Vassal counted to find there anything about this Jjah Virilis from the past. From time when he got few information on north he was sure more he can find out here. At least where if not in capital he can find anything about “count of kaszuby, jjah virilis, coat of arms griffin the daemontamer”? This last word was the reason why he was so sensitive for any daemons around him. Unfortunately even here he found same friend -  “...virilis daemon regere regnum poloniae..”. It was too much for Jjah. He left the Castle and went to best place in Krakov - Anzelm’s Tavern.
The luck had to be somewhere else, because Jjah found only closed Inn.
- what is going on?! - he asked loud himself, and he was shocked by same loud answer
- sir Anselm died after long sickness, now whole Kingdoms famishes, our Her Highness was in Brugge and her Tavern was also closed - said some stranger
This sad news was one of worst. But not for tired Virilis. He could finally to take care of something… real. He had enough of all daemons and other creatures. The Daemon-Traitor who killed the King and took control over polish kingdom two centuries ago it was all what Jjah could bear. Indeed in this Kingdom is too much dark forests!
- thanks God - said Virilis, and when he saw strange look of informer, he noticed he again was thinking little too loud - thanks God we back here in this moment, the Crown needs our help - explained his faux pas - don’t be worried any longer, we will take care of all - said and went back to the Castle. He was so happy he found better task than almost forgot about drinking. Almost. Somewhere in the middle of packing his stuff he remind himself about his thirst. He had no choice - royal tavern has to be next stop. There in the tavern he was thanking to Theos like it shall do every good believer:
- thank you dear Lord for this wine, thank you it was done few years ago, so I have them a lot, not like the soups which we haven’t any

(RIP) Jjah Virilis

• General group
« Reply #5 on: 03 September, 2013, 04:19:09 PM »
The Trap

The matters of Crown occupied Virilis mind by long time. Everytime worse was second day. First one, after trip was same always, no matter where he was - he had to find best Inn. There he was checking dishes.. and drinks. I’m not sure why, but always he was paying more attention to these second. By this fact morning wasn’t same pleasurable - it was time of paying the bills. Fortunately he had enough silver for all. Of course it was the time of trial for his humble but still poor person. He promised himself to don’t earn the money on someone’s starving. So all what he bought he had to sell in same, or almost same price. It was first time when he had to ask on market “please don’t ask more than you need”.

Sad times for the Crown weren’t sad for him. His first trial wasn’t so difficult like second one - the letters to wise and beauty woman. How to describe her beauty if she knows more words than he? How to don’t scare her, when he is just poor citizen of kingdom full of forests, not flowers?
- That could be my chance to show to all that I’m real noble person! - said Jjah, but didn’t convince himself. He was feeling that something inside him was changed. Even if he was too old for so strong feelings. But he has to try keep his visions of himself
- I KNOW! That’s all because we aren’t the Judge anymore! In these times we had a lot of clients. So many gentlewomen were brought by our guards. So many gentlewomen we could defend against the cruel law. And so many gentlewomen were grateful for us. And now?! Only sad men are complaining us all the time! What for we need their gratefulness? - convinced himself, and finally he was calm for a while. But the hunger couldn’t explain all. When person is hungry he can eat everything. Same like citizen in our kingdom few days ago. They were prepared for eat anything what was moving, or anything what stop to move in last days. Same in this case.. but not for Virilis. He didn’t pay any attentions to Ladies who found safe home near to the castle. No, he didn’t even noticed what is going on under his windows..
New letter from the West woke him up. When after long hours he finished write short answer he was happy and exhausted. He had to fight for every word, most probably easier would be just to go and take her into his arms. Ars Amandi was too difficult for him.
- For Rosaria’s thighs’ sake! What is going on with me?! It cannot be! I’m too old to play like abecedarian - said but the problem was there where he was abecedarian in too much cases, especially in talking with woman - and what if we meet together? I will think an hour before every word?
Indeed, the times of hunger in kingdom was much better for the Vassal, that time when he fallen in love, or in the trap.

(RIP) Jjah Virilis

• General group
« Reply #6 on: 04 September, 2013, 01:17:22 PM »
The Daemons of the Past - part 3

Jjah has to forgot what kind of trap he made for himself. Best way was to escape as far away as possible. Direction also way obvious then - east. Since vassal need to find more food suppliers, he want to Kiev once again. He counted also to find there a lot of paper. Writing scrolls was expensive fun. Stock of paper was empty. Even these government's one. Indeed he should use paper of Crown for love letters. But paper is paper.
- Huge ukrainian step can feeds all of us - said happy that finally he has new important task.
However the paper doesn’t grown on grass, so Jjah couldn’t find it. Or perhaps he was looking in wrong places again - in the taverns.
- Before we decide to buy your food we need to taste it - said happy for big cheap dinner - and don’t forget to give us wine also, we cannot eat without drinking!
- As you wish.. - innkeeper bowed behind him
- As you wish YOUR EXCELLENCE the vassal! - corrected him Jjah, but innkeeper went out in same moment.
- may I disturb Your Excellence? I see the noble person arrived to our city - said old stranger.
- sure, came to us, we don’t like to eat alone - answered Virilis and gave place for his new guest - we see you are old wise man, tell us, please, the stories from your country. We like to listen tales during we eat - said happy, looking forward for good company.
- If Your Excellence wish himself, I can tell the legend. Legend of Matij Budivelnik.
- It sounds like legend of robber, tell me then I like such stories - said Jjah and begin to taste all dishes.
- No, sir, he was our hero, you would call him.. the Builder. In some versions of legend he is known as Matanjjah or Mathew. All depends on narrator.
- Matanjijjaah.. sounds good…- Jjah was saying with mouth full of food - tell.. me.. what he.. built then? - asked and focused himself on good wine
- He built strong empire, milord. But because he wasn’t from here, he isn’t now most welcome, only posterity of ancient polish colonist remember him well.
- So he was the Pole? - Jjah asked full of proud like he would be this Builder
- They think so, but legend says only about “the west” - old man explained all patiently and back to the Story. Somewhere in the middle of legend Jjah’s head fallen down on his chest. By this fact he lost biggest and most interested part of the tale.
- ...since this time the united throne was empty.
- Empty?! - this word could wake Virilis up always - glass is empty! You heard that! Fill up! Innkeeper! We are thirsty!
When the glasses back to his normal condition Virilis asked:
- So how he was called? Matan.. Matan?
- ..jjah - Old man finished instead of vassal. On this word Virilis stand up, took grandpa in his hand and almost killed him by this acting
- What you said?!
- jjah, Matanjjah, dear Lord
- You said it is ukrainian name, what it means then? - Virilis was same by this word like by barrel of drunken wine
- No, sir, Matij is our name, I don’t know this original one. It sounds foreign for us. It has to be ancient if we don’t know meaning. But that isn’t strange here. From very ancient times our shore were full of greeks. There were very powerful colony…. - explanations calmed down our vassal, or did it wine, cos again the vassal’s head fallen - Perhaps it is gift from them. However it doesn't sound like greek one. Perhaps they took it from somewhere other place. From far south. I’m not specialist in this matter, but I had hebrew friend. They used similar strange words. By this fact, you sir, have to ask someone of them. Yes, I’m sure now! It is hebrew! It cannot be taken from greece.
- peace?! - shouted Virilis - now way we won’t allow on that! WAR! Prepare all to WAR
- I said Greece, not peace, milord - explained old man
- Ahh Greece! No, we don’t need war with Greece, it is too far away from us - said little calmer Jjah, but after a short while he stand up same mad like previously - how you speak to King! milord? I’m His ROYAL Highness to the daemon's sake! - said, and noticed that he isn’t in any throne room right now. He is in one of ukrainian tavern. It was just a dream... It was too late for explanation, and additionally Jjah was last person who wanted to apologize for his mistake. He went immediately and left Innkeeper without wine, contract and without payment.

Virilis was now totally preoccupied by this news. The mystery of his name can be solved! He just need to travel to Greece. He even didn't know when and how he was back home.

(RIP) Jjah Virilis

• General group
« Reply #7 on: 09 September, 2013, 05:34:48 PM »
Inhospitable Mountains

The way on south wasn’t easy. Especially cos the hearth was going again on west. How difficult is to travel without one part of soul was visible just when he left the Crown. Carpathians were demanding opponent. When he finally arrived to Pest he asked for cow farm. How surprised he was when he got answer that he has to.. back.
- What for I was going so long way! Couldn’t we do meet here in capital?! - Jjah was mad, again he wasted a lot time. But deal is deal, he had to be in time in correct place - saddle horses, Petrek! - said to his squire
- But sir! milord! It is capital of Hungary..
- WE KNOW THAT! Not my fault the meeting is in provinces!
Petrek knew his lord, he knew also that any discussion won’t help now. So he saddled horses with whole his resignation.
Same he wasn’t surprised when they arrived to the valley. There they couldn't find the destination.
- Where is farm of His Highness?! - asked Jjah, but wasn’t expecting any good answer.
- Sir, suppose the farm of Walachian King is in… Walachia, not in Hungary - said Petrek and lost his consciousness. That was consequences of noble hit straight in head.. Next what he remembers it was way back to Pest.
- We just got lost, we mixed the way.. - said Jjah, like he would like to convince himself.
- Yes, sir, we know it our lord - said Petrek - I just dunno why Your Excellence hit me in head by his hammer
- We did it, cos we keep it in our hand all the time - answer was obvious, so Petrek didn’t try to ask once again

In next day they reached Turnu. Finally big city with all comforts. Both travelers were exhausted. As fast as possible fulfill they agreement and went away to find good tavern.
- Finally good wine! Not this boring beer or poor honey! - said happy Vassal of Poland - I'm telling you, Petrek, the wine makes peoples better. Take a look on them, they are smiling, they are just good persons thanks to good wine!
So they try to do themselves better. They was trying and trying.. finally they were as good as angels.. and fallen on table.
Blessed are messengers who arrived in good hours and keeps good news, cos in else case they can lose more than they keep on their necks. This sentences isn’t from Holy Book, but is same true and holy. Unfortunately this errand-boy wasn’t blessed anyhow. When he waked Virilis up, he gave piece of paper to Vassal, and few while later he almost wasn’t “sacred” by the hammer.
- Good man?! Who calls me a good man?! To the millions empty barrels of sauer wine!! what they want from me?! - the way how Virilis was woke up was pretty good one. One not-proper word in his directions and madness was stronger than tiredness.
Petrek took the paper in his hand to read all carefully. He knew that his excellence Vassal isn’t able to read anything, not in this mood.
- Your Excellence keeps your hammer in hand, and that’s the problem - explained in few words.
- And shall I leave it on your head? - explanation wasn’t good for Jjah. Petrek noticed it in while, and did few steps in backward.
- Sir, the Law says you cannot keep any tool in your hand. They protect in this way their resources. Good idea, by the way - said Petrek and checked what is going on with right hand of Virilis. Hand was same calm like his owner.
- And how, for Japhep’s hammer sake, I can still anything by the HAMMER?! - since Petrek wasn’t sure does it is rhetorical question or doesn’t, he was waiting for next words of his master. - Give me paper, I’ll show to this ill-mannered person what we think about him and his stupid understanding of good law! We are His Highness’ guest and no one will disturb us and insult us without any reason!!!
Petrek even didn’t ask what was in answer. Same he didn’t ask what were in next letters. Sometimes it is safer to don’t know what kinds of messages is delivering by our hands. However blessed are messenger who knows where is the border, cos they has chance to survive to next day. So after few letters said Petrek to his master.
- Your Excellence, I look forward when sir send diplomatic note in this matter. Bad luck we have to do it from Krakov... - said with hidden smile on his face. Indeed it was smart way to convince Jjah to leave this country.
- HA! You will see! You will see! We are going back home, immediately!

(RIP) Jjah Virilis

• General group
Re: [ORP] Tales from Tavern
« Reply #8 on: 10 September, 2013, 01:57:00 PM »
The final arch-weapon of total destruction

Homecoming didn’t make Jjah calmer. He was still at least “a little excited”. New gossips about West Borders again grieved Vassal of Krakov. The Chest was same, or almost same empty like before the trip. New horses were waiting for new trip, this time to Praha. But that had to wait. Jjah was too much focused on his own problem. The insults are always more important than any else matters. Especially after two reprimands from the Royal Throne. That was too much even for so calm and quiet most humble servant.
- Scribe! came here! Right now! Or I give an order to bring your head here - kind Vassal’s request was always fulfill in few moments.
- take a piece of paper and write… to the Judge of.. Turnu.. wait! Who is he? Probably he has any noble title? Baron? Ridiculous! To Baron of ill-mannered kingdom.. - dictating wasn’t easy for mad Jjah - yes, yes.. dear noble baron we believe you are.. mannered man.. or at least more mannered than your servants… no wait! slaves! HA! That’s better. Please… no, NO! We cannot ask! We need to demand! We demand.. justice.. we demand his head! Indeed we demand head, that’s sounds proper. Ah, no, I cannot demand head only, I want cut it down by myself.. so We demand delivering his head with rest of his ill-mannered corps to krakovian Castle! - Jjah was falling into his deadly dreams.
Petrek just come to chamber with dinner. He was listening these rubbish and he knew it is the time. Virili’s mind has to rest a little, else all will be destroyed. Petrek was last who wishes bad to his lord. At least worse position of Virilis means wore position for his own person. By all that it was last time to use the Final Arch-weapon of Total Destruction. He put his hand in the pocket and said:
- My Lord! Can I..
- can you give your head instead of this moron's head? Sure you can, even right now! - Lord Jjah wasn’t in mood for anything else than killing.
- Can I give you a letter, sir
- What for me letter when I write my own?!
- Letter from Lady, Milord - said Petrek. In this moment Virilis changed his red color into white like marmur in chamber. He freezed, stop to breathing.. and after while beating of his heart was hearable in whole room. Red color back to his cheeks. Jjah did make one fast jump and like the wild predator catched the letter. One moment later he was escaping with hunted catch to his lair. Before he leave the chamber he said only:
- I’m bussy, let anyone won’t dare to disturb me right now! Petrek, deliver dinner and supper to library, and don’t forget to take bottle of wine
- wine, sir? That wine was..
- was and isn’t anymore! We haven’t church, so we don’t need them there!

In next day when Vassal of Krakov back to writing letter all was looking much better, much calmer...
« Last Edit: 11 September, 2013, 11:51:39 AM by Jjah Virilis »

(RIP) Jjah Virilis

• General group
« Reply #9 on: 12 September, 2013, 12:03:20 PM »
Ancient nobility

Lord Jjah knew he need to be someone more to be listen in whole europe. Position of lord it wasn’t too much for the Vassal, especially cos he could give this title to anyone. In same time all informations about his past gave him some vision of his nobility.

To Her Royal Highness Niiris Sanudo Foca
the Queen of Poland

we, the Vassal of Poland, would like to kindly ask Your Royal Goodness for help in gentle matter.
Like Your Highness know polish Kingdom can have only two lords in one time. Both roles are busy right now.
In same time His Grace Methin, before he left vassal’s role, nominated one more person to take noble title.
We agreed with his Grace, and we are ready to give the lordship to the candidate. However we cannot do it right now.
Here is place for our request to Her Highness.

Since we become vassal, we use our noble title with ambaration. It looks like we would gave this title to ourselves.
In same time it is really difficult to be supervisor of lord Captain when we have same noble title.
Additionally we consider lord Captain deserves for higher noble title, because his role was invaluable in conquering new lands for the Crown. The Baron title would be some kind of reward for lord Captain by his hard work. In same time we wouldn’t have problem where new lord would be under orders of other lord.

By the fact we still haven’t any Chivalry Council, we would like to give on Your Highness’s hands our request. We would be grateful if Your Highness would add to Chivalry Book new-old coat of arms.
We discovered in old documents, our grand-grand-grand.. father was the count of Kaszuby, and he was using the coat of arms “gryffin the Deamontamer”. Because Kashubian lands don’t belongs to the Crown in present times, and because the title of count also aren’t available in Poland, we would like to find most proper solution for us. We would like to back to the coat of arms ours ancestors. In same time old title of count we would like to change into more proper, new one. We consider the title of viscount as lower title (since vis- means vice-), and as far as we knows nobles titles the earl is equivalent of ancient count title.

Of course we leave the decision to Her Highness, however we would be honored if Your Goodness would have understanding for us and ours requests

most humble servant of Crown
lord Jjah Virilis
the Vassal of Poland

The letter could be written better, but Jjah couldn’t focus on details. His thoughts were now divided between his lady and his chance for ancient noble title. In same time he knew this request is more than rude and impudent.. but who doesn't try..

(RIP) Jjah Virilis

• General group
« Reply #10 on: 28 September, 2013, 11:14:49 PM »
The weird campaign and the weirder discoveries - part 1

Virilis was back home. Journey to Flanders should be fast, but he lost few days. Tones of document were waiting for his seal. but of course most important was two things:
- Scribe? Did Her Highness send us answer on our letter? - asked Jjah just after he went into Castle. Scribe didn’t answer, just drop his head. - ahhh… not..good.. good.. We will be at library, don’t disturb us - said then and went. The reason was obvious for all. That was second important thing. Letter to the Lady. He didn’t write almost any word since he passed border in Koln.

In next days he hadn’t more time for all duties. However work was better than to do nothing. So he spent his time like Vassal should do. most probably boring life in the middle of forest would stay forever but.. but he has to take care of his name.
- Scribe! We need to write to The Nobility and Heraldry Office. We need to submit our coat of arms and so on. Let me know when you finish it. We will be at market! - said and went to listen gossips. They were sometimes best source of informations.

The hunting on gossip was this time successful, however Jjah didn’t seem to be happy:
- sir Sidrach planned to conquer new lands and he didn’t tell me nothing?! He said he will.. he needed any help!
- His Excellence gets help from west
- west?
- Flemish, Your Excellence
That was too much for polish Vassal. He was omitted by his friend, and additionally he lost the chance to fight by His Royal Highness Harald’s side. It could be dreamed situation to meet King Harald. Jjah couldn’t stop to think about it since their short meeting in Brugge. Indeed the chance to show himself as great warrior was inviting.

By these facts in same day on krakovian castle was loud.
- saddle my horse - said sir Jjah, and no one was enough brave to say that Virilis hasn’t any own horse. His never used armory was waiting for him. All was prepared in time, but of course even then it was too late for Vassal of Krakov.
- We will back in two, three days! - said and went as fast as wind.

(RIP) Jjah Virilis

• General group
« Reply #11 on: 30 September, 2013, 12:21:12 AM »
The weird campaign and the weirder discoveries - part 2

The camp in Lausitz was hidden in the fog. Firecamps weren’t give enough warm for knights. Only few of them was on stand guard. The shadow was changing himself into silhouette of man.
- someone is coming! - alarmed guard - the walker - added after a while. The silhouette was coming slowly. After longer while guard recognized a warrior in this shadow. Or if not warrior then person with the sword and big shield.
- latecomer or rebeliant? - asked second guard
- latecomers without horse? are we waiting for peasants-infantry? Came, we need to go there before he recognize our camp.

Thanks to guardians Jjah hadn’t best greeting in Lausitz. Thanks God (most probably ancient God of bohemians and polish) sir Virilis was swearing in polish, and since guardians were bohemians they understood mistake. Most probably all would be finished by new scandal, but before Jjah had time to begin real swearing, he saw black-yellow banner.
- Flemish are already? Or I should ask, didn’t we late on battle? - asked and looked ironically on guards - if we won’t count this battle from last while..
- Most of our allies are. His Royal Highness arrived few hours ago.
- And.. rest of them?
- Danish arrived with their King. Theirs camps is on west from bohemians. Now we wait only for few squares, perhaps they are going by foot like sir did - joked guard, and paid by this joke pretty high price. Because Virilis hit him by shield straight in face:
- Our horse fallen in Sudeten! Don’t you know with whom are you talking?! - next row was in the air. Fortunately reinforcement arrived. Reinforcements in person of His Excellence Vassal of Praha. Meeting of both friends made Jjah calmer. Thanks to that also he understood the reason why flemish were here. It seems bohemians vassal had much more friends in Europe than Virlis was thinking about that.

The fog was huge all day long. Jjah was bored like never before. In so bad weather is was no sense to begin any battle. How to fight with anyone who isn’t visible? However all were waiting for the evening. Perhaps before sunset weather will be better. And indeed it was. In the red light of the sun all standards were fluttering on the cold wind. Jjah saw few well known for him colors, also banner of Her Grace Duchess of Andernach. Presence of such noble woman on battlefield was new challenge for Jjah. He was afraid to show himself from bad side… and since it was his first real battle he had a lot chances to do anything wrong. First problem was lack of horse. Second his armory.. and not best sword. Now sir Vrilis was sure he made mistake. He should practice in place where is much less crowned heads and noblemen. But this time it was too late to change mind - the battle was almost began. Almost - it was the keyword in this campaign...
« Last Edit: 30 September, 2013, 03:34:51 PM by Jjah Virilis »

(RIP) Jjah Virilis

• General group
« Reply #12 on: 30 September, 2013, 04:14:49 PM »
The weird campaign and the weirder discoveries - part 3

Jjah was standing in last ranks of army. But even here he heard that Bohemians are discussing about some important matter. Some nobles and older knights didn’t want to fight under.. bohemian banner. Virilis couldn’t understand this problem until he didn’t talk with experienced knight. The reason of quarrel was ridiculous but Jjah agreed with these who doesn’t want to fight. Because royal banner wasn’t.. proper. Standard-bearer took old flag, flag who was remember last conquers. And all would be good, if Bohemia would be ruled by same dynasty all the time. Since Queen Maggie Malá wasn’t from same family like last conqueror banner was out of data. Jjah went to leaders of army to recognize situation.

- How long we will have to wait for proper standard? - asked Jjah
- We have no idea, sir, however we won’t begin battle before next evening - answered standard-bearer
- Night and whole day in this fog!? - Jjah was scared. He wasn’t prepared for so long campaign, he didn’t have any clothes except his chainmail and whole armor. He arrived without any tent or any servant.
- All nobles can go back to Praha, there the Castle and the Palace will be open for our helpers

This short talk didn’t satisfy Jjah. It wasn’t big problem to reach Praha by horse.. but to go by foot? Again the fortune didn’t want to be kind for Virilis. Fortunately the wheel of fortune moved itself and sir Jjah found a person who wanted take him by one horse. Indeed the lucky is better when it isn’t expected. The journey was a pleasure, Jjah gave back his mood. When he saw the lights of Praha he was in seventh heaven. This city was close to him, almost like second home. He knew there every brick, especially these who he was laying by his own hands. Additionally Bohemians have same soul like Vassal of Krakov, by that he could be a guide for foreign knights. Of course the tourist trial was full of taverns and beer-houses.

In next morning Jjah was still in his best mood. Satisfied and without bigger worries. He was admiring Flemish Army, leaders who was keeping order and teaching all knights. Indeed it was great picture for him. Especially cos he wasn’t used to see any army during campaign. Unfortunately the time goes faster when person is happy, so soon Jjah had to back on battlefield...

(RIP) Jjah Virilis

• General group
« Reply #13 on: 30 September, 2013, 07:51:17 PM »
The weird campaign and the weirder discoveries - part 4

Next evening in Lausitz wasn’t better. Before all back on battlefield the fog (which disappeared during day) was back with double power. Now it was no matter what is on standards, cos anyone could recognize nor pictures nor colors. The clarion call for battlefield was played with next delay. Before all knights found their own squares one more hour passed.
It was dark when the army moved towards enemies… but even this time fortune wasn’t with bohemians. Rebels hidden themselves in the fog. There were moving back all the time. In same time, they were circulating by their lands, so army couldn’t attack their main camp. Jjah was exhausted. He as one of few was without horse, so for him this hunting was much more tedious. Finally in the middle of night he fall asleep. So good one circuit of rebellions was longer than his sleep. When he woke his up the sky was gray.
- where am I? - asked sir Virlis, like he would do something else than fighting in last night. Before he get back all his skills in thinking he noticed a lot of silhouettes - rebels - shouted. That wasn’t best choice. So good the fortune was also tired and decided to help bohemians this time. The wheel rounded itself. Rebels were scarred by Virilis shout. They were thinking that whole second army is in this place, so they escaped straight to their maincamp.

When first sunshines won with the fog, bohemians (flemish and danish also) cavalry began an charge. Jjah recognized the Angel of Revenge on her horse when she was beheading  step by step all enemies, he saw also The Hammer of North who inspire same terror in army of rebels.
- Time for me, or they won’t leave me anything - said knight Jjah and moved his heavy corps on battlefield.
This decision wasn’t best. Next one was even worse - he found pretty tall and thickset opponent. Jjah tried to floor him by hit in legs, but or Virilis was too weak or exhausted, or rebel was too strong… next hits weren’t so easy. Rebel was much faster than Jjah in his iron.. after few minutes Jjah fall down. Last what he saw was standard of Duchess and lord Prometeo Cagliostro behind him… Virilis lost consciousness for a long long time.

(RIP) Jjah Virilis

• General group
« Reply #14 on: 03 October, 2013, 03:22:26 PM »
The weird campaign and the weirder discoveries - part 5

Jjah was trying to open his eyes, but the light was too strong. After longer time finally he could to recognize shapes. He noticed he is in a some room, rather poor than demure. He was in bed. Near to him was standing few person - burgeons, in best case. Oldest of them said:
- greetings Your Highness, finally sir wake up. Hope Your Highness feels better, does anything hurts You?
The question was kind but little irritating since all were hurting Jjah. However he wasn’t so full of pain to don’t notice strange titling of his person.
- Highness? To whom are you talking? Excellence is enough for us - said with smile
- Your Majesty has.. königliches blood - said old man and showed on Virilis coat of arm on his shield. Virilis laughed for a while, but the pain didn’t give him chance for enjoy it.
- It is crest of count, not könig - smiled with grimace of pain - count.. it is a graf - Virilis mind doesn’t work properly. He was still tired. What for explain such things to simple peoples? Jjah was trying to understand from where they know his griffin, but thinking was too difficult in this moment… so he fall asleep soon.

When Jjah woke up a lot of kids were around his bed. It was the evening and were looking different than previously. Children's voices were hitting in his head “he woke up!”, “he woke up!”... Virilis had to stop them anyhow.
- silent! Kids! - asked kindly - how to stop them - added to himself, but seems they heard that cos gave him an answer.
- tell us the tale! Please, tell us the tale. About Belior the Warrior! Yes, the tale of Bellior the Brave!
Virilis hearth become soft. He remind himself how was same kid.
- silents whelps! - shouted but with smile in voice. Indeed he was same whelp. - I’ll tell you when all will be silent like silent is the fog outside of house.
The ask acted. Jjah was waiting little more. He remind himself last dream - peoples were calling him the king. But the dream was over and now little barbarians wait for the tale. Virilis closed his eyes and opened mind.