Author Topic: [ORP] Cafe de Brugge  (Read 8355 times)

(RIP) Charlotte Seymour

• General group
  • Honour: 0
[ORP] Cafe de Brugge
« on: 26 November, 2012, 01:15:49 PM »
While Charlotte was out walking one morning following breakfast she came across a quaint cafe, and entering she was impressed to find herself in a coffee shop that was clean and warm and welcoming.

Hello my Lady, bowed a young man as she entered, looking around. Would you like a table? Please allow me.

The waiter fussed about a little, guiding her to a table that was in one of the windows overlooking the street. Sitting Charlotte thanked him, smiling.

Could I have a coffee please, she asked, glancing at a menu that stood on her table, picking it up and browsing quickly. Also I'll have toasted tea cakes.

Bowing again the young waiter turned and hurried off to deal with her order, returning quickly with her coffee, and a few minutes later the teacakes.

Enjoy my Lady.

Charlotte sat quietly looking out on the Brugge street at the various people passing by, horses and carts, children scurrying by, and couples walking past, a lady with her hand through a gentleman's arm, another couple holding hands. All this Charlotte observed as she drank her coffee and ate her teacakes.

[ooc: This cafe is open to all citizens and visitors alike. Please feel free to call in, have coffee, meet people. Let's show the world how Brugge loves to RP]

(RIP) Robrecht de Béthune

• General group
  • Vlaendren die Leu!!
Re: [ORP] Cafe de Brugge
« Reply #1 on: 08 December, 2012, 01:52:20 PM »
After a long, tiring journey, I led my horse to a cozy little cafe. I dismounted from my horse, making sure that my cloak didn't open. I made it down to one of the iron rings in the wall of the cafe. Pulled the door of the cafe open. Bowing the head, I entered the barroom inside. Looking around the barroom, I went to the bar. On a table by the window, I saw a lady sitting. Greeted her with a bow of the head.
Arrived at the counter, I called the innkeeper and ordered a carafe of red wine. With a wine goblet and decanter of red wine, I installed me at a table in the back of the barroom. Occasionally I let my gaze wandering in the direction of the lady sitting at the window. On the basis of her clothes, I tried to find out to which noble family she belonged.

(RIP) Charlotte Seymour

• General group
« Reply #2 on: 09 December, 2012, 05:46:52 PM »
Lady Charlotte Seymour sat enjoying her coffee, eating her tea cake slowly as she had taken from her purse the notebook. Reading her notes, the plans and figures she had many ideas in her head about her new home. She planned to move into the house on the canal in the next few days.

Glancing around her Lady Charlotte saw there were new customers now sat in the cafe, and she wondered if she should hurry and finish her coffee and tea cake and leave. Putting aside her notebook Charlotte ate, her eyes going to the window, the street outside busy.

• General group
  • Vlaendren die Leu!!
« Reply #3 on: 13 December, 2012, 06:59:50 PM »
Wondering why the young Lady got so nervous, I called the Innkeeper.

Dear Sir, would you be so kind to prepare a room for me. I hope you've still one with a view on your magnificient garden. Do you also look after my horse? I thank you for your kindness.

Again looking to the Lady at the window, I asked myself what made her so nervous. The way she's eating her cake so quickly... I bowed a little forward and tried to see outside what would have caused her nervosity.

(RIP) Charles Rockledge

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Tuxedo Power!!!
« Reply #4 on: 26 December, 2012, 07:51:06 PM »
Charles enters the cafe.
He finds a seat in the left corner of the room.

Pausing on his way there to tip his hat to robrecht and charlotte, charles takes a seat and begins glancing over the menue.

• General group
  • Vlaendren die Leu!!
« Reply #5 on: 27 December, 2012, 07:02:37 PM »
Looking up at the newcomer entering the Café, I recognized the Judge of Brugge. I nodded back to his greetings and looked at the Lady sitting by the window. Trying to see if her nervosity was caused by the entering as presence of the Judge of Brugge.

(RIP) Charlotte Seymour

• General group
« Reply #6 on: 27 December, 2012, 07:19:09 PM »
Charlotte finished eating her tea cake and putting down her notebook picked up her coffee to drink it. Looking out the window she felt eyes were on her and she glanced round in time to see the Judge enter. She looked at him as he tipped his hat and scowled, turning her head away from him, remembering his poor manners in the tavern. As she turned back to the window Charlotte saw the man who had been sat a while watching her. She drank her coffee and set her cup down, looking at him.

Is there something I can help you with, Charlotte asked the man watching her, wondering who he was.

(RIP) Charles Rockledge

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Tuxedo Power!!!
« Reply #7 on: 28 December, 2012, 01:25:32 AM »
Charles raises an eyebrow at the haughty woman's dismisal of his polite greeting, but otherwise says nothing.
After perusing the menue for a time, Charles raises his index finger indicating he is ready to order something.

• General group
  • Vlaendren die Leu!!
« Reply #8 on: 04 January, 2013, 05:07:06 PM »
Adressed by the Lady sitting at the window, I bowed my head greeting her.

Maybe you can, maybe you can't, My Ladyship. I apologize for starring at you, but I thought I had seen you already before in Brugge. The clothes your Ladyship is wearing, tells me you belong to a Noble family of Flanders, only I don't get it figured out to which one.

While trying to satisfy my curiosity, I looked to it that my own Noble signs stayed well covered.

Taking my head of the table, I putted it back on, tipped it greeting the Lady.

If her Ladyship will accept my apologizes, bowing the head, but the Innkeeper prepared my room and I'm very tired from the long journey I had. When her Ladyship is staying overnight as well, we'll be able to continue our conversation in the morning.

Taking her hand, I kissed it, turned away and went to the stairs to get to my room. Brrr... her hand was very cold!

(RIP) Charlotte Seymour

• General group
« Reply #9 on: 08 January, 2013, 01:36:27 PM »
Lady Charlotte listened as the man finally spoke to her. His words were somewhat confusing, and when he assumed she was from one of the Flanders noble families she looked at him closely wondering who he was. On his standing, expressing a need for sleep Charlotte nodded and quietly spoke. Rest well Sir.

Watching the man leave Charlotte wondered who he was, a little unnerved by him. Glancing at her coffee and the empty plate Charlotte waved the waiter across, asking for the bill. After paying Charlotte stood and left, curious about the stranger, but walking briskly back to the tavern she was staying.

• General group
  • Vlaendren die Leu!!
« Reply #10 on: 14 February, 2013, 09:09:22 PM »
Wakened by the sun rays on my face, I stood up, washed and dressed myself. Went downstairs to the bar and asked the barkeeper if the Lady near the window from yesterday was still sleeping. He answered me that she didn't stay overnight at his Café, but left yesterday after I went upstairs to my room. I asked him if he could tell me to which Noble family of Brugge she belonged, but he didn't knew either. What a pity. Anyway, I asked for the bill and to get my horse ready for the journey. I payed the bill and waited till my horse was ready for leaving. Before leaving the café, I turned to the barkeeper: You're sure you don't know to which family the Lady belongs? The barkeeper answered: No, Milord, I really don't know. While the barkeeper answered me, I looked sharply into his eyes and could only see he ment what he was telling. I left the café, mounted my horse and left Brugge, heading to Breda, my homeland.

(RIP) Aelfred Ulricsson

• General group
« Reply #11 on: 18 March, 2013, 04:11:47 AM »
     Aelfred felt quite relaxed after his cross channel journey. The sea had been remarkably calm the past two days, and nothing had disturbed the short trip. He had been tending his bees for several months up until this latest foray. With him, in his two sturdy chests, he had a plethora of small bottles and jars full of the sweet, sticky substance so many people loved. As well, after chasing out the bees for the end of the season, he was able to collect large quantities of their wax, and this too was neatly packaged in old pieces of cloth, and then lain carefully in the chests. The young peasant had heard of the revival of Brugges, and the new excitement its King had created. He had decided that it was time to revisit Flanders himself to see what all the furor was about, and in the meanwhile find new markets for his produce.
     He gave the two young lads two copper coins each and thanked them for their help in hauling his chests. Glancing up at the sign over the door of the building they had directed him to, he opened the door and stepped inside. He looked around swiftly, gauging the establishment's price, felt it a bit above his pocketbook. He weighed the small coin purse he carried, then thought to himself "Why not, I should make some good coin when my goods sell. I shall treat myself to a hot meal, and maybe a bed with fresh straw."
      Brushing the grime from his travel stained work shirt, he crossed the threshold and strode deliberately to the main room, where several patrons were already enjoying an evening meal. He chose a table to one side, not wishing to be too conspicuous, and quietly awaited while the serving girl finished with the other guests. He listened carefully to the surrounding conversations, but was unable to make out the substance, his grasp of the local language minimal.
      As Aelfred waited patiently, he noticed a painting on the wall above his table. It was of a young man, dressed as a King. But what struck Aelfred was the likeness to the Danish merchant he had met last year, the friend of Sofie. His name too had been Harald Magnusson. Strange how the world played tricks like that.
     After an evening here, he would go to the market and explore the new Brugges on the morrow.

(RIP) Aelfred Ulricsson

• General group
« Reply #12 on: 19 March, 2013, 10:16:53 PM »
      Aelfred couldn't help but stare at the painting, unable to get over its likeness to the fellow he had met. When the serving girl finally made it to his table he asked her. "Is this your new King?"
     She looked momentarily confused, and then as she deciphered his English accent, she replied in broken English of her own "He is very kind to us common folk, he was once one himself."
     Thinking of his own sovereign in Scotland, and his unwillingness to be a "king," Aelfred chuckled. "Our Scottish ruler, whom we just call Bruce won't let us call him King, is King Harald the same?"
     "Oh no Sir, he does at least answer to being called King, but he does not look down upon we common folk. He understands how hard we must work, and appreciates our efforts."
     "I believe I have met him, once long ago, and he was as you describe, very friendly. To think I have shared a table with two different Kings now, 'tis not something my father would have ever have dreamed of"
     "Now, what is your name? And did I mention you have the most lovely green eyes I have ever seen?" Seeing her smile shyly, surprised at the unexpected compliment, Aelfred knew he had achieved what he wished. "I think I will have some of the bread I smell baking and a piece of that cheese Brugge is famous for."

(RIP) Harald Magnusson

• General group
« Reply #13 on: 20 March, 2013, 12:04:54 AM »
Harald entrered the Inn.

The day has been full of things to do. Organize the delivery of goods to Danmark, try to address the lack of food in the southern provinces of the County, manage the builders to let them go to Breda to raise a Tavern and a Market for the future development of thet region.

The end of the day surprised him still outside the Palace. The was windy, as they were used to be at the beginning of the springtime in Flanders. Clouds full of rain were approaching from the west, wthin a couple of hours it would have been an heavy rain.

He saw the Inn Café de Brugge and decided to get in to have a quick supper. He likes to share ihis time with his fellow citizens.

When he was just entered, a couple of Guards on his rear, he looked around the hall to see if there was someone he knows. The young blonde barimade saw him, and quickly reached her Lord. After alittle bow she said "My Lord, happy to see you here at the Café. Can I help you, my Liege?", "Good evening Dear Lady" Harald started "I would like to have a supper here for me and for my Guards too. These two young folks here followed me all day and they deserve to be well feeded" he concluded smiling. "Of course my Lord. Where do you want to sat?" the young barmaid asked. Harald gave a glaze all around the hall looking for a good place, he likes those in the corner not to be surprised on his back and to better follow what happen in the hall.

Looking around he saw a young man, alone. He thought a little bit to that man, as he felt he have met him yet. Didn't remembering who he was, Harald decided to reach him to his table.

"Greetings Sir. I'm not sure about that, but I'm pretty sure to have met you yet somewhere, but I can't remember where, can you help me?"

(RIP) Aelfred Ulricsson

• General group
« Reply #14 on: 20 March, 2013, 09:54:47 PM »
      Aelfred was musing over the painting, when a voice interrupted his thoughts. Turning to the person speaking, he was startled to see it being none other than the subject of the painting himself.

Momentarily at a loss for words, the young woodsman sat with his jaw open. Again, face to face with a King. The words suddenly sank in.

"Greetings Sir. I'm not sure about that, but I'm pretty sure to have met you yet somewhere, but I can't remember where, can you help me?"

Aelfred couldn't help but smile, a chance to help a King not coming his way often. He stood, and bowed as graciously as he could, taking care not to stumble. "Certainly, Your Highness. I am at your service. 'Twas about a year hence, in Lothian. You shared a breakfast with myself and two of my companions. No doubt you would remember Sofie, her beauty was rarely matched in all the world I have seen. And my other companion, a man of the sword. Teodosio. Alas, they both passed this year of the fever." Aelfred's demeanor changed as he spoke, his pain obvious as he spoke of two lost loved ones. he hesitated, then continued, "You asked of my heritage, my name being that of the Northmen. I told you I was mixed Saxon and Danish blood."

Aelfred realized, as was often his wont, that he had begun to speak too much. "I see you have risen obove the merchant class now. It looks good on you." Suddenly aware of how shoddily he was dressed, Aelfred  felt like shrinking. He knew not what to do next, high manners not being his forte.