Author Topic: Roman Republic vs. Brancaleone Del Dragone  (Read 2490 times)

(RIP) Duncan Hamilton

• General group
  • Honour: 0
Roman Republic vs. Brancaleone Del Dragone
« on: 19 September, 2012, 02:00:37 AM »
Roman Republic vs. Brancaleone Del Dragone

I don't like this court hall. There's strange letters above the entrance that I don't understand and it smells like donkey's pish in here. But my dungone is lacking a smell of rotten flesh so there it goes:

<Duncan unflods a small blood stained and old scroll and reads out>

I, Guard Captain of Rome - Duncan Hamilton, start this trial in the matter of Rome Republic vs Brancaleone Del Dragone. The various roles for this Court Case have been assigned by me and will be as follows:

Magistrate: George Killian
Prosecution: James Balliot
Defendant: Brancaleone Del Dragone

The Defendant may assign his own Defense Attorney or he may act as his own Defense for this case.

The Prosecution may now proceed with this Court Case by reading the charge and presenting it’s evidence…

Blah, blah blah ... now get on with it and send that rat to my torture chamber!
« Last Edit: 19 September, 2012, 02:26:37 PM by Duncan Hamilton »

(RIP) James Balliot

• General group
Re: Roman Republic vs. Brancaleone Del Dragone
« Reply #1 on: 19 September, 2012, 06:12:52 PM »
Thank you Sir Duncan.

I will attempt to be brief in my statements during the course of the trial as we know there is a backlog of cases and I shall be a busy man for the next few days.:)

The defendant, Brancaleone Del Dragone, of the Italic nation of Siena has been accused of breaking the following Statutes of the  Laws of the Roman Republic

Statute 5 - Foreign Soldiers and Enemy Combatants

Proclaimed by: George Killian, Vassal - of
Proclaimed on: 02-July-1312

Article I. Foreign Soldiers - It is unlawful for foreigner soldiers or militia to wear armor or weapons within the city limits.

Those accused will have all of their market items temporarily confiscated from the market and be barred from leaving the city until a trial is convened. Individuals found guilty will be fined 100 silver pieces. Failure to pay the fine will result in two days of imprisonment and permanent confiscation of all the guilty party's market items.

Article II. Enemy Combatants - Any person within the city limits suspected of being an enemy combatant to Rome or her allies may be detained for up to two days while their intentions can be ascertained. Evidence of being an enemy combatant includes, but is not limited to, having previously engaged in battles against Rome or her allies; being a citizen of a country with current or eminent hostile intentions toward Rome or her allies; aligning oneself through words, actions or association with enemies of Rome or her allies.

Those accused will have all of their market items temporarily confiscated from the market and be barred from leaving the city until a trial is convened. Individuals found guilty will be punished by confiscation of all market goods and either three days of imprisonment or fine of 1,500 silver pieces.

Statute 6 - Closed Borders to Enemies of Rome

Proclaimed by: George Killian, Vassal - of
Proclaimed on: 02-July-1312

Article I - Foreign Hostile States
The borders of Rome are closed to any citizens from Foreign Hostile States (see list below).

Current Foreign Hostile States of Rome:
Venice
Siena
Sardinia

Any citizen of a Foreign Hostile State found within the borders Rome will be punished by confiscation of all market items and either imprisonment for two days or a fine of 1,000 silver pieces.

As evidence, I will submit Article A:

It is clear by looking at this evidence that the defendant is breaking the both the laws of Statute 5 and 6.

The Defense may now proceed with their case...

(RIP) Brancaleone Del Dragone

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #2 on: 20 September, 2012, 02:10:08 PM »
Caro Capitano, provate a lavarvi ogni tanto e vi assicuro che non sentirete più l'odore che vi perseguita.
Sono questi i processi che fate a Roma? Condannate l'imputato prima di fargli un giusto ed equo processo?
Sono sempre più ORGOGLIOSO di essere un cittadino senese e di appartenere alla Confederazione dei Popoli Italici

signor Giudice:
Mi accusate di aver violato "L'articolo I. è illegale per i soldati stranieri o milizia di indossare armature o armi entro i limiti della città.

E' evidente che il Capitano della Guardie romane non conosce la differenza tra armi e attrezzi da lavoro.
Le armi si usano per comabattere. L'accetta (arma in questione secondo l'ignorate capitano) la portavo al seguito perchè era mia intenzione andare a raccogliere un pò di legna a Genova, sono un produttore di attrezzi da lavoro quindi è ovvio che ne abbia sempre al seguito qualcuna da vendere o da usare.

Mi accusate di aver violato l' Articolo II.
"Combattenti nemici - Qualsiasi persona entro i confini della città sospettate di essere un nemico combattente a Roma o dai suoi alleati non possono essere trattenute fino a due giorni, mentre le loro intenzioni può essere accertata. La prova di essere un nemico combattente include, ma non solo, avendo già impegnato in battaglie contro Roma o suoi alleati, essendo un cittadino di un paese con intenzioni ostili attuali o eminente verso Roma o suoi alleati; allineare se stessi attraverso le parole, le azioni o associazione con i nemici di Roma o dai suoi alleati."

FALSO
Io non stavo combattendo "a" Roma,  non c'erano campi di battaglia "in" Roma.
Quindi contro chi o cosa dovevo combattere? Stavo solo impegnando temporaneamente il suolo romano per far rientro nella mia AMATA Siena.

Non sono NEMICO di Roma...ma consiglio a ROMA di cercarsi meglio gli AMICI.

Infine e non per ultimo ritengo ILLEGALE non essere accusato direttamente dal capitano della guardie!
Chi è Sir James Balliot? è un cittadino romano? Perchè mi accusa? Non dovrebbe farlo il capitano delle guardie di Roma?

Signor Giudice ritengo che questo processo sia NULLO e che non debba neanche proseguire.
Chiedo di essere IMMEDIATAMENTE rilasciato e se così fosse non chiederò neanche l'indennizzo per il tempo che il VILE capitano mi sta facendo perdere.

Inoltre nomino la mia Signora Pretziosa de Bas Serra come mia avvocato difensore....scusandomi anticipatamente con LEI per la FOGNA dove la sto portando.

Brancaleone del Dragone

Dear Captain, try to wash every now and then and I promise you will no longer feel the smell bothers you.
These are processes that do in Rome? Convicted the accused before him a fair and equitable process?
More and more PROUD to be a citizen of Siena and belong to the Confederation of Peoples Italic

Mr. Judge:
You accuse me of having violated "Article I. It is illegal for foreign soldiers or militia to wear armor or weapons within the city limits.

It 'clear that the Captain of the Guards Roman does not know the difference between weapons and tools.
The weapons are used to comabattere. The ax (weapon in question according to the captain ignored) took her in tow because it was my intention to go and collect some firewood in Genoa, is a manufacturer of tools to work then it is obvious that he has always followed some for sale or use.

You accuse me of violating the 'Article II.
"Fighters enemies - Any person within the confines of the city suspected of being an enemy combatant in Rome or its allies may be detained for up to two days, while their intentions can be ascertained. Evidence of being an enemy combatant includes, but is Not only that, having already engaged in battles against Rome or her allies, being a citizen of a country with hostile intentions current or eminent to Rome or its allies; align themselves through words, actions or association with the enemies of Rome or its allies. "

FALSE
I was not fighting "to" Rome, there were battlefields "in" Rome.
So I had to fight against who or what? I was just engaging temporarily Roman soil to return to in my BELOVED Siena.

Enemy of Rome are not ... but I would recommend to Rome to look for better FRIENDS.

Finally, and not least I UNLAWFUL not be directly accused the captain of the guards!
Who is Sir James Balliot? is a Roman citizen? Why do I charge? You should not do the captain of the guards of Rome?

Your Honour I think that this process is not NULL and should not continue.
I ask to be released IMMEDIATELY and if so do not even ask for compensation for the time that the VILE captain is making me lose.

Also appoint my Lady Pretziosa de Bas Serra as my lawyer .... I apologize in advance you on SEWER where I'm taking.

Brancaleone del Dragone

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #3 on: 20 September, 2012, 02:32:17 PM »
Preciso che per FOGNA...mi riferivo all'odore nauseante che emana il Capitano.
Non volevo oltraggiare Voi...signor Giudice.

(RIP) James Balliot

• General group
« Reply #4 on: 20 September, 2012, 06:42:46 PM »
Thank you Sir Brancaleone for gracing us in this court...

I will attempt to clarify the charges against you.

You are in violation of Article II of Statute 5 for various reasons such as:

- You are a member of various Italic Military groups
- You participated in the battles of Lombardia, Arrezo, Piombino, Brescia, Arborea and so forth. These battles were fought against Rome's Allies. We can submit evidence to prove this if you wish to refute this fact.

The basic facts of this matter are this, you are en enemy of the government of Rome. As such you are denied entrance into the city, you chose to ignore this and trespassed in the city anyway. That is a violation of the Laws of the Roman Republic.

I believe the Statute 6 charge should be clear enough that it needs no explanation.

As for who am I and why am I prosecuting a trial of which I do not hold citizenship? As an Attorney of the Law Offices of Balliot, Degarda, Soldano, Balliot, & Partners, I have been contracted to prosecute these cases in Rome by the Guard Captain of Rome. This is well within his legal right as explained in the Trial Process Document which all of Europe must adhere to. Just as you have appointed Lady Pretziosa de Bas Serra as your attorney for defense, Lord Duncan has appointed me as attorney for the prosecution.

At this point I will give the floor to the Lady Pretziosa to handle your case. It would be within my legal right as prosecutor to consider your testimony here as an official step of this trial process, but I will waive that right and give Lady Pretziosa her full opportunity of defense. I will admit that it is strange that a fugitive of Roman justice should be able to defend you in court, but it will certainly add to the drama of this occasion thus I welcome it.

(RIP) James Balliot

• General group
« Reply #5 on: 20 September, 2012, 09:00:47 PM »
While awaiting the arrival of the defense attorney and fugitive from justice Lady Pretroiza, a Roman soldier entered the courtroom and handed James a note along with a salute. James first returned the salute crisply then read the note. He then stood to address the court.

Your honor, I have just received news from Captain Hamilton that the defendant has fled the city. Therefore this trial can be moved directly to the verdict phase if it pleases the court.

James sat down and collected his papers, then left the court. Of all the cases tried thus far, all except one had fled the city thus confirming their guilt. Captain Hamilton would be busy bringing these guilty parties to justice, but by the looks of the man and quite frankly the smell of him, James could only assume that he relished the opportunity.

(RIP) George Killian

• General group
« Reply #6 on: 20 September, 2012, 09:05:45 PM »
As per the rules set forth by the Supreme Court of Europe I have no choice other than to find the accused guilt on all accounts.

http://wiki.medieval-europe.eu/index.php/En_US_TheTrial
NOTE: It is possible for the Trial to continue past the 48 hour window of a Restrain act. Once a Restrain act has been lifted, the defendant should not leave town while his Trial is still active or the Trial will end immediately with a Guilty verdict automatically administered.

I find the accused guilty of violations of Articles I and II of Statute 5 as well as Article I of Statute 6.

Violation of these laws carries a punishment of 3 days imprisonment or a fine of 2500 silver pieces.

In addition the accused is fined an non-optional fee of 100 silver to be paid immediately (within 72 hours of the end of this trial) for violating Article I of Statue 5. This fee is to be deposited in the Castle in Rome or mailed to George Killian.

The accused, Brancaleone Del Dragone, is considered a fugitive from Rome and an arrest warrant will be drawn up imminently.

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #7 on: 21 September, 2012, 12:56:55 AM »
Siete ridicoli...come ridicolo è stato questo processo.

Non avete neanche contestato, o non siete capaci a contestare, le mie difese.

Il verdetto lo avete già scritto prima di iniziare il processo.

Viva la Libertà, che voi non conoscete.
Viva Siena, Viva La Confederazione dei Popoli Italici e che Theos  Benedica voi.

You are ridiculous ... how ridiculous is this process.

You do not even challenged, or are not able to dispute my defenses.

The verdict you've already written before you start the process.

Viva Freedom, you do not know.
 Siena Viva, Viva La Confederation of Peoples Italic and Theos bless you.

(RIP) George Killian

• General group
« Reply #8 on: 21 September, 2012, 01:18:28 AM »
You fled Rome. The rules state that you are automatically guilty if you flee. It makes no difference what your defense is if it admit guilt by fleeing.

This case is closed.

(RIP) James Balliot

• General group
« Reply #9 on: 21 September, 2012, 01:30:59 AM »
James read the letter from the fugitive from Roman Justice which was handed about the courtroom and quickly penned a reply letter...

Mr Brancaleone,

This trial and this process was not "ridiculous" in any shape or form, in fact it followed the proscribed process by which all trials are required to follow. What's more, it is my belief that your defense was disputed quite adequately by the prosecution despite your words to the contrary. If you were so sure of your innocence in this case you would not have chosen to flee while your trial was in progress, so I feel that your words ring hollow.

A verdict in a proper courtroom is never written before the process starts, all defendants have a chance to prove their innocence. In fact you were treated with respect in this case by this court despite your reckless threats and rude behavior. If such conditions of a rigged court prevail in your home country then you have my deepest regrets for the situation there.

Unfortunately for you the conditions in the Rome Prison are considerably less proper than those of this Court. I wish you the best of luck during your stay.

Best regards,

Duke James Balliot
The Law Offices of Balliot, Degarda, Soldano, Balliot & Partners

« Last Edit: 21 September, 2012, 01:32:32 AM by James Balliot »

(RIP) Duncan Hamilton

• General group
« Reply #10 on: 21 September, 2012, 02:18:26 AM »
Hahahaha now you're gonna end up with glowing hot iron bar up yer **** that will cause you to lose charisma and constitution :D

Muahahahahahha Muahahahahah Muahahahahaha !!!

<Excited and carried by the force of imagination, Duncan descends to the dungeon to prepare it for imminent Sigurd Hardrada arrival> :]

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #11 on: 21 September, 2012, 11:12:35 PM »
libertà
viva i Popoli Italici....liberi dalla tirannia straniera.
Un solo Popolo...una sola Confederazione.

freedom
 Italic peoples living .... free from foreign tyranny.
 One people ... one Confederation.