Author Topic: [OPR] The Calling  (Read 1141 times)

(RIP) Conrad Drake

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Honour: 0
[OPR] The Calling
« on: 06 June, 2013, 03:13:07 PM »
I was born in the BREMEN and had a poverty stricken life. My father was a soldier and my mother was a barmaid.

My father left before I was even born. I always held a hatred towards my father but was always curious what he might have been like.

My mother died when I was 15 and I was left not knowing how to care for myself. I began to steal from others in order to survive, eventually robbing houses and estates.

On one occasion I was outside a Church and read the words of a Cardinal posted on a board.

It was these words, "The Calling" that lifted the veil, that showed me the error of my ways. It pointed me to Brugge and to a new beginning.

I now know that with the right training, discipline and focus I could one day be of great service, to the Church, to the people, to my Cardinal and my King.

I arrived in Brugge and was warmly welcomed by King Harald Magnusson himself.

So overwhelmed was I that I immediately applied for and was accepted as a citizen. 

It is with these small steps I start my new life, a new beginning.
« Last Edit: 07 June, 2013, 03:59:43 AM by Conrad Drake »

(RIP) Nogwa More

• General group
Re: [OPR] The Calling
« Reply #1 on: 26 June, 2013, 03:00:00 PM »
After the arrival of the poor and bare footed Conrad the Cardinal invites him to his palace for a sturdy meal of Flemish beef stew.  When Conrad leaves the palaces he's carrying a hoe and some papers.  He points the man in the direction of the King's palace and gives him a good pad on the back.

"Welcome to Brugge, Conrad!"

(RIP) Marius Von Schliefen

• General group
Re: [OPR] The Calling
« Reply #2 on: 26 June, 2013, 08:43:57 PM »
Sadness and grieve occupies my heart hearing about this mans hard fate!
And I wish the gods will keep their watch over him and guard him on his future paths.

But then again, I wonder why I have never received any note of this hardship beforehand...
I refrain from the silent reproach that Saxony does not care for her children!
Had this man ever asked for subsidy it would have happily been granted.