Author Topic: Resolution #4 Valencia Senate  (Read 1047 times)

(RIP) Ignasio Fluentio

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Honour: 0
Resolution #4 Valencia Senate
« on: 14 January, 2012, 08:10:20 PM »
Law of entrepreneur encouragement.

As it is in the best interest of Valencia to encourage new citizens to join our city and to allow control over the variety and quantity of the city's production this new law is hereby offered:

1.   Any new citizen of Valencia will be entitled for purchasing one Hoe, Hatchet or Pickaxe  at half current market price and receive a free heap of seeds of his choice.

2.   The city of Valencia will commit to purchase the first X harvests of  new citizens at double their market value.

3.   The King will publically announce a "Preferred Artisan" which will change according to city needs.

4.   Any citizen who choose to purchase his first workshop (and first only) according to the "Preferred Artisan" statement will receive a quantity of X free raw materials according to his chosen workshop and the city will commit to purchase his X first products at 1.5 times current market price.

(Example:  If the preferred artisan is Carpenter and a citizen chooses Carpentry as his first workshop he will receive X pieces of wood free of charge)   

OOC: I really wanted to make it a free Hoe, Hatchet or Pickaxe but I don't know how deep our pockets are….

(RIP) Abner Burgos

• General group
  • Baby Member
Re: Resolution #4 Valencia Senate
« Reply #1 on: 14 January, 2012, 08:28:42 PM »
OOC: I think if we are able to get a blacksmith and a carpenter working at a subsidized rate from the government, then we can offer a "new citizen" package when they first start. By subsidized I mean, the King will pay them both to create tools to deposit into the palace, at which point he will give them out freely to new citizens that wish to have them. We also have to remember that not all "citizens" will be active players, at which time all those tools will die with their character if they do not login after two weeks.

(RIP) Ignasio Fluentio

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #2 on: 14 January, 2012, 08:40:06 PM »
What a coincidence, I just purchased a Blacksmith workshop  ;)
Truth is that the reason for this law was my own expirience, I decided to go Carpentry only to find that there are 3 other carpenters in town....
I was looking for a way to encourage citizens to start the "right" workshop.
Also, I think that without the Hoe given to me for free I'd probably be out of this game by now as there were none on the market at the time.

Agree about the non-active players issue, don't have an answer to that.

(RIP) Jordi De Tossa

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #3 on: 15 January, 2012, 12:00:05 AM »
Estimats Senators de la Generalitat

Don Fluentio, You have gone before me for bringing this law and the opening of a forge, I agree with this law and also add a shovel to mine our clay.
A forge is also used to make weapons for the wars of expansion that we need to do to expand our realm and find new land resources.

Salut i Adeu

Comnte Jordi de Tossa

Senator de la Generalitat

(RIP) Ignasio Fluentio

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #4 on: 22 January, 2012, 09:44:30 AM »
My friends,
I will appreciate your ideas regarding this law or any other low for incouraging more citizens to join our fair city.
I see it as a prime objective for us to attract more productive citizens to Valencia.

Ignasio Fluentio Valenciano
Senatore of Valencia

(RIP) Jordi De Tossa

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #5 on: 24 January, 2012, 12:29:52 AM »

I ask for a PRELIMINARY vote on Resolution #4, to entrepreneur encouragement, in its current form.

------------------------------

Law of entrepreneur encouragement.

1.   Any new citizen of Valencia will be entitled for purchasing one Hoe, Hatchet or Pickaxe  at half current market price and receive a free heap of seeds of his choice.

2.   The city of Valencia promise to buy the first 2 crops of new citizens to double their market value.

3.   The King will publically announce a "Preferred Artisan" which will change according to city needs.

4.   Any citizen who chooses to buy his first workshop (the first and only) based on the "Preferred Artisan" statement will receive a minimum amount (determined by the city government, depending on what is produced) free of material according to its first laboratory chosen and the city agree to purchase its products X before to 1.5 times the current market price.

--------------------------

A YES vote will send this for a FORMAL vote.

A NO vote will send this  back for more discussion.

Don Jordi de Tossa votes:

YES/SI

(RIP) Abner Burgos

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #6 on: 26 January, 2012, 07:48:52 PM »
Greetings Senators.

I vote NO on this measure. Only because we are about to head to war and I think we should discuss this more when we are less occupied.

Abner Burgos
CoG
Senator

(RIP) Ignasio Fluentio

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #7 on: 06 February, 2012, 07:01:49 PM »
Can we discuss it again now?
I think that the war is over....

(RIP) Abner Burgos

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #8 on: 18 February, 2012, 01:58:47 AM »
Sorry fellow senators it have been away on other matter. But I return so we finish our business.

I wish to continue this discussion as well.

I would like to change my vote to "YES" to bring this to a formal vote.

Abner
Senator

(RIP) Jordi De Tossa

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #9 on: 19 February, 2012, 12:31:51 AM »
Estimats Consellers/Dear Senators

I voted for this law positively

Don Jordi de Tossa

(RIP) Ignasio Fluentio

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #10 on: 21 February, 2012, 08:52:20 PM »
Yes
But this law need to be financially evaluated so that the 300 SP budget is not exceeded