Author Topic: The Queen's Finery & The Knave's Needle - Sabine and Marco's Tailor Shops  (Read 3153 times)

(RIP) Sabine Rovere

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Honour: 0
HEADWEAR
* items are gender neutral unless stated in the description.

Male Hat - 55 silver     Lady Cap - 55 silver     Hood - 115 silver     Female Veil - 440 silver     Mitre - 1025 silver

SHIRTS
* items are gender neutral.

Male Worn Shirt - 20 silver     Male Short Sleeve Shirt - 55 silver     Male Long Sleeve Shirt - 420 silver

BOTTOMWEAR

Male Used Trousers - 25 silver     Male Hose - 55 silver     Male Striped Hose - 65 silver     Leather Trousers - 75 silver     Strong Leather Trousers - 100 silver

TUNICS

Priest Tunic - 505 silver     Bishop Tunic - 560 silver     Cardinal Tunic - 560 silver     Pope Tunic - 585 silver

DRESSES
* items are gender neutral unless otherwise stated in the description.

Ragged Robe - 30 silver     Simple Robe - 140 silver     Noblewoman Gown - 240 silver

FOOTWEAR

Male Shoes - 50 silver     Female Shoes - 50 silver     Boots - 85 silver

MISCELLANEOUS

Mantis - 30 silver     Fishing Net - 160 silver

DYES
* all items except those made of leather and those that are miscellaneous can be dyed. Cost to dye items is 20silver.

* prices are subject to change based on the cost of materials - cotton, iron, leather, linen, silk, wood and wool.
« Last Edit: 19 January, 2012, 11:12:49 PM by Sabine Rovere »

(RIP) Artemis Sebastian

• General group
  • Baby Member
Entering the shop, Artemis looked at her list.  She looked around at the finery and counted her coins.. It was not finery she wanted but sturdy cloths for working and travel. 

Excuse me, is anyone here?  Artie waited for the shop owner or a clerk to appear.

(RIP) Sabine Rovere

• General group
  • Baby Member
Sabine heard the low creak of the wooden floorboards indicating that someone had entered the shop that both she and Marco had opened. Poking her head out through the doorway in the back of the shop, she noticed a young woman looking around at the wares on display. Excuse me, is anyone here? the woman asked as Sabine put down her list of requested orders.

Quote from: Work List
  • Leather Pants - Basso
  • Boots - Basso
  • Hood - Richard
  • Short Sleeve Shirt - Richard

Hello, she called out as she wiped her hands on the course linen apron she wore while she worked, is there something I can help you with?
« Last Edit: 21 January, 2012, 09:28:03 PM by Sabine Rovere »

(RIP) Artemis Sebastian

• General group
  • Baby Member
Artemis was startled but the woman's voice.  She had been dreaming of a gown, something soft and feminine she might wear one day.

Yes, Hello.  Artie smiled at the lady shopkeeper and unfolded the parchment on which she had written her list..  Yes, please.  I was told I could order some clothing here.  She quickly put down the elegant silk fabric she had been dreaming over and stepped up, blushing lightly.  I need some sturdy boots, a short sleeved shirt and a pair of leather trousers.  I hope they are not too expensive.

(RIP) Sabine Rovere

• General group
  • Baby Member
Sabine smiled and listened, admiring the silken fabric as the young woman explained what she needed, Indeed, it should not be a problem to craft the items you need, looking over her shoulder into the back room she called out, Marco? Can you come up front? We have a customer! As she waited for Marco to join them, she pulled out a worn, leather bound book and flipped to through a few pages before settling on the page where she and Marco had written down prices of garments. Let's see, she trailed her finger down the page, boots... ah! A pair of leather boots will be 85 silver, including the King's tax of course. A short sleeved shirt is 55 silver and the leather trousers are 75 silver. Reaching below the counter once more, she pulled out an abacus and started to calculate the total, flipping the brightly colored wooden beads back and forth across the steel line, For a total of... she flipped the last bead into place before looking up at the young woman, 215 silver, King's tax included. Though I'm curious why you wish to purchase male's clothing.
« Last Edit: 06 January, 2012, 10:48:34 PM by Sabine Rovere »

(RIP) Artemis Sebastian

• General group
  • Baby Member
Artemis blinked at the words. "male's clothing".  She had never even thought there would be a difference.  A gown was too expensive and very impractical for digging stone or mud.  My Lady, what use would I, a poor common peasant, have for the finery of a grand lady?  I work hard and I need clothing that is suitable for mining or for construction.  Her heart dropped wondering if the order could not be filled if the clothes were for her.  Is there a problem with wearing clothes made for a man, when I am doing a man's work?  I can do without if there is.  I will shop elsewhere if you can't make up my order.  Artemis turned and started to head back out of the shop in her rags.  A tear slid over her cheek and she wiped it off.  She would hide her disappointment.

(RIP) Sabine Rovere

• General group
  • Baby Member
Sabine sighed as the woman turned to walk out of the shop. She knew and had felt the woman's disappointment at one time herself, having worked through the night to prepare a short sleeved shirt and striped hose, only to be stopped the moment she stepped out of the shop by a "morality guard *," informing her that she had mere seconds to remove the clothing. Miss, there is another option other than rags. A simple robe. While you may not have the same freedom of movement, it is less revealing than rags, and will hold up against the elements much better...

* I had a very difficult time trying to figure out how to RP this as it is an in-game function that disallows female characters from wearing these clothing items. It is impossible for a female character to wear anything that is labeled as male in the game coding and vice versa for male character. This did indeed happen, I did attempt to wear the clothing I had made only to have an "error" message saying that I couldn't wear them. I find this very ridiculous as female character can wear leather pants and strong leather pants, but the only topwear option for this clothing is chainmail. I find it further ridiculous that women's clothing is much more expensive due to the materials needed. 2 out of 3 day-to-day items require materials from animals: wool or silk. Whereas men's clothing, only the long sleeve shirt requires material from an animal. To make matters worse, the headwear for females also requires materials from animals: wool or silk. I have sent a complaint to the admins: http://forum.medieval-europe.eu/index.php/topic,5741.0.html and ask that any and all female characters stand together and complain as well. It is sexist and unfair.

Scott Macfergus

• General group
Scott walked into the shop and overheard the words from both ladies.  I'm sorry, Sabine, I know how upset you both are that you can't wear a shirt and pants.  I will support your efforts to be allowed to do so.  I will speak to these morality guards and see if we can make things better soon in this area.  The women should be allowed to have something to wear on top with leather pants to work in.

Scott then looked around the shop.  Do you have anything in colors other than white?  I might be interested in buying another set of clothes in different colors.

(RIP) Sabine Rovere

• General group
  • Baby Member
Yes my liege, Sabine smiled as her eyes poured over her husband, I can dye clothes for you, I believe the cost to dye them is about 20silver. Would you be interested?

Scott Macfergus

• General group
I'm very interested my love, I can use some hose and a new shirt.  I love having lots of colors to choose from, so maybe I'll buy lots of different clothes so I don't get bored with what I'm wearing.  Why don't we start off with some red pants and maybe a blue shirt?

(RIP) Dulcina Griffin

• General group
  • Baby Member
Re: The Queen's Finery & The Knave's Needle - Sabine and Marco's Tailor Shops
« Reply #10 on: 31 January, 2012, 02:55:54 AM »
Nervous, she had never even been in town long. She the daughter of a blacksmith, yet embarrassingly enough had little to her own name. She opened the door, and could not believe the beautiful cottons and choices. She was overwhelmed! 

Looking around for someone, she nervously called out, "Hello, please I am looking to commission a pair of shoes."

(RIP) Bernardo Chiavelli

• General group
  • Baby Member
Re: The Queen's Finery & The Knave's Needle - Sabine and Marco's Tailor Shops
« Reply #11 on: 17 February, 2012, 10:19:54 PM »
Bernardo enters the the tailor shop all dusty and clothes full of flour from baking...
muttering while entering"Damn these rags are getting to bothersome to wear....." <Looks around>
"Ah seamstress could I please purchase a set of clothes...short sleeved shirt and some pants with the number 9 dye..Also could i have one of my hats dyed, do I leave it with you or do you just give me the dye?"

(RIP) Marco Peruzzi

• General group
  • Baby Member
Marco had finally finished setting up his tailor's shop, the one that he would work in junction with Queen Sabine. She had chosen the name of The Queen's Finery, and he had struggled for some time for a name for his shop when Lady Sabine provided a perfect name for it. The Knave's Needle.

So here he stood, outside his recently built shop, and smiled happily up as the wood craftsman finished hanging the sign outside his shop.

Thanking the man, Marco went inside to begin organizing his shop in anticipation for the requests he would, hopefully, receive.
« Last Edit: 13 March, 2012, 01:45:18 AM by Marco Peruzzi »

(RIP) Marco Peruzzi

• General group
  • Baby Member
Updated Pricing for Clothing and Apparel (as of 22 May 2013):

HEADWEAR
* items are gender neutral unless stated in the description.

Male Hat - 55 silver     Lady Cap - 55 silver     Hood - 115 silver     Female Veil - 440 silver     Mitre - 1025 silver

SHIRTS

Male Worn Shirt - 20 silver     Male Short Sleeve Shirt - 55 silver     Male Long Sleeve Shirt - 420 silver

BOTTOMWEAR

Male Used Trousers - 25 silver     Male Hose - 55 silver     Male Striped Hose - 65 silver     Leather Trousers - 75 silver     Strong Leather Trousers - 100 silver

TUNICS

Priest Tunic - 505 silver     Bishop Tunic - 560 silver     Cardinal Tunic - 560 silver     Pope Tunic - 585 silver

DRESSES

Ragged Robe - 30 silver     Simple Robe - 140 silver     Noblewoman Gown - 240 silver

FOOTWEAR

Male Shoes - 50 silver     Female Shoes - 50 silver     Boots - 85 silver

MISCELLANEOUS

Mantis - 30 silver     Fishing Net - 160 silver

DYES
* all items except those made of leather and those that are miscellaneous can be dyed. Cost to dye items is 20silver.

* prices are subject to change based on the cost of materials - cotton, iron, leather, linen, silk, wood and wool.