Author Topic: The Kingdom Chronicles  (Read 3056 times)

Scott Macfergus

• General group
  • Honour: 0
The Kingdom Chronicles
« on: 05 December, 2011, 07:29:23 PM »
The Kingdom Chronicles:

We had just finished taking the territory of Labourd and the King, Queen and Private Imp lay recovering from their wounds on the battlefield, when it occurred to the King that he should have a chronicle of all of his travels and a place for any of his subjects to post what they are doing if they choose to for public consumption.  So, with that in mind, he sat down and penned the following log of his travels so far and what he had learned:

I, King Scott MacFergus, think I should record herein my travels and what I have discovered for all to see.  I am currently travelling in the territories between the cities of Bordeaux, Burgos and Valencia in an effort to find what resources are available to us if we take any of these territories.  The following is a list of my past travels and I will add to this list in the future as I find out more.  I will also include the list of areas given to me by Sabine in her travels and King Wayne Kerr of Burgos in his.  This will give you an idea of what we are finding.  In future posts, I will update my whereabouts and what I am attempting to do for the kingdom.

Territories conquered:
Albret - Forest                  Labourd - Stone

Kingdom Capitals:
Savoie - Stone                  Burgos - Coal                      Valencia - Clay                              Ile-de-France - Cows
Avranches - Saltern

Territories not conquered yet:
Saintonge - Sheep             Angouleme - Forest             Agen - Sheep                                 Armagnac - Bees
Biarn - Gold                       Foix - Coal                          Toulouse - Forest                            Perigord - Stone
Limousin - Sheep               Lusignan - Cows                  Poitiers - Bees                                Thouars - Forest
Narbonne - Forest             Dijon - Stone                       Bourges - Sheep                             Viscaya - Clay
Navarra - Iron                   Tourraine - Iron                   La-Marche - Forest                          Bourbon - Bees
Auvergne - Forest              Anjou - Forest                     Maine - Sheep                                Jaca - Coal
Ungell - Stone                   Rosello - Clay                       Empurie - Iron                                Barcelona - Sheep
Saluces - Iron                    Dauphine - Forest                Provence - Cows                             Leon - Gold
El-Bierzo - Iron                  Compostela - Forest             Santiago - Sheep                             Porto - Cows
Coimbra - Silkworms          Castelo Branco - Cows         Braganza - Stone                             Zamora - Forest
Salamanca - Sheep            Valladolid - Stone                Austurias de Santillana - Pigs            Austurias de Oviedo - Cows
Lieida - Cows                     Zaragoza - Forest                Rioia - Stone                                   Soria - Pigs
Calatayud - Sheep              Albarracin - Silkworm          Tarragona - Pigs                              Castillon - Cows
« Last Edit: 08 September, 2012, 09:14:34 PM by Scott Macfergus »

Scott Macfergus

• General group
Re: The Kingdom Chronicles
« Reply #1 on: 06 December, 2011, 03:25:00 AM »
Journal Entry: 5 December 1311

I finally got to Valencia today, found clay on the market at a reasonable price and bought it.  I also put up some shovels at a reasonable amount undercutting someone that had them up for 2.5 times what I charge for the same shovels.  I also put up some Salt to help the town here have the ingredients they need for making the higher foods.  I also started digging my own clay from the ground.  I hope to get a lot of it so that we can make bricks and pots very soon.  This will allow us to build a tavern in each of our territories.
« Last Edit: 08 September, 2012, 09:27:38 PM by Scott Macfergus »

Scott Macfergus

• General group
« Reply #2 on: 07 December, 2011, 07:01:54 PM »
Journal Entry: 7 December 1311

After having dug a large amount of clay and having gotten a new player who is planning to join our town started on digging clay too, I found out that the kingdom of Savoy had found a territory with white sand.  With it not far from one of the fast track nodes, I decided to go dig some sand so we could make some glassbulbs for our Herbalist so he could make some healing potions for our army.  The biggest holdup in all this is the amount of resting required in the untaken territory before I can travel again to the one with the sand.  However, it won't be long now before we have areas where we can get all the things we need.
« Last Edit: 08 September, 2012, 09:28:05 PM by Scott Macfergus »

Scott Macfergus

• General group
« Reply #3 on: 09 December, 2011, 06:46:05 AM »
Journal Entry: 8 December 1311

I headed for Bordeaux after I got the sand we needed.  I needed to pick up some wood and take care of a few things.  I got a good night of rest, then headed back to Valencia.  I bought some clay from Artemis, then I dug a bit more myself.  When I was done, I headed out for Burgos.  Once I was there, I purchased a potters shop with the intent of using the clay and wood to make bricks for the building of the taverns and pots to sell to the innkeepers.  I hoped that I could also buy some coal so that I could blow the glassbulbs for the Herbalist. I started my first set of bricks then hit the sack for some much needed rest.
« Last Edit: 08 September, 2012, 09:28:23 PM by Scott Macfergus »

Scott Macfergus

• General group
« Reply #4 on: 12 December, 2011, 05:19:45 AM »
Journal Entry: 11 December 1311

I have worked or rested almost constantly for 3 days now and am only maybe halfway done with the job that I want to do.  The bricks, pots and glassbulbs are piling up, but I still have a ways to go.  I have gotten reports that the market is getting built and that some of the money I left there for wages has gone unclaimed.  It is nice to know that others care for the Kingdom like I do.  I hope to work 2 more days and get to 200 bricks and at least 50 pots before I head for home.
« Last Edit: 08 September, 2012, 09:28:43 PM by Scott Macfergus »

Scott Macfergus

• General group
« Reply #5 on: 14 December, 2011, 11:20:17 PM »
Journal Entry: 14 December 1311

Had to make an emergency run to Bordeaux when it was found that all of the manure and fertilizer had been purchased from the town market by James Broden, Vassal of Burgos.  This allowed me to get some things taken care of in the town as well as pots on the market.  I then travelled to Albret and then onto Labourd to dump the bricks into the taverns and begin working on getting the stone I need to be able to finish the two taverns.  We had good news that the Market today was completed in Albret.  I am looking forward to having the opportunity to buy wood that our cutters chop in that town.
« Last Edit: 08 September, 2012, 09:29:02 PM by Scott Macfergus »

Scott Macfergus

• General group
« Reply #6 on: 15 December, 2011, 04:41:07 PM »
Journal Entry: 15 December 1311

Came back to Albret to put things on the market, then onto Bordeaux to get other things onto the market as well.  After resting a bit, I began to work in my carpenter shop trying to turn out hatchets to sell to my people so they could go to Albret and chop wood for me.  Then I headed for Albret myself to sell raw materials to our new tailor, my loving wife, Sabine, and to chop some wood before heading to Labourd to try and get the tavern there started.
« Last Edit: 08 September, 2012, 09:29:26 PM by Scott Macfergus »

Scott Macfergus

• General group
« Reply #7 on: 20 December, 2011, 05:33:11 PM »
Journal Entry: 20 December 1311

After spending a few days in Bordeaux and Albret off and on, chopping wood, working on the tavern project, making tools in my carpenter shop and such, I received word that the blacksmith was out of iron.  So, I set out for the Kingdom of Savoy to work in their iron mine in Saluces.  While I was in the area, I also dug for stone in Savoie itself.
« Last Edit: 08 September, 2012, 09:29:54 PM by Scott Macfergus »

Scott Macfergus

• General group
« Reply #8 on: 24 December, 2011, 02:01:58 AM »
Journal Entry: 23 December 1311

After I was done resting after getting Iron and Stone, I headed to Montpellier to dig some sand, and then on to Valencia to dig some clay.  This was important as I didn't have enough clay to get the bricks I would need to make when I got back to Burgos eventually.  Much less enough to make pottery.  The plan was to finish up clay, rest again and then head for Bordeaux to catch up on buying wood and find out what was going on with the tavern project.
« Last Edit: 08 September, 2012, 09:30:11 PM by Scott Macfergus »

Gracia Mendoza

• General group
« Reply #9 on: 29 February, 2016, 03:22:04 AM »
    Gracia spent a few hours researching at the Historical Archive of Aquitaine, looking for news about the region of Navarra, prior to mid 1312, when she found out an interesting document; the personal diary of His Majesty Scott MacFergus, where he mentioned Vizcaya, Navarra and made a reference about the former Regent in Castilla and León, King Wayne Kerr:

The Kingdom Chronicles:

We had just finished taking the territory of Labourd and the King, Queen and Private Imp lay recovering from their wounds on the battlefield, when it occurred to the King that he should have a chronicle of all of his travels and a place for any of his subjects to post what they are doing if they choose to for public consumption.  So, with that in mind, he sat down and penned the following log of his travels so far and what he had learned:

I, King Scott MacFergus, think I should record herein my travels and what I have discovered for all to see.  I am currently travelling in the territories between the cities of Bordeaux, Burgos and Valencia in an effort to find what resources are available to us if we take any of these territories.  The following is a list of my past travels and I will add to this list in the future as I find out more.  I will also include the list of areas given to me by Sabine in her travels and King Wayne Kerr of Burgos in his.  This will give you an idea of what we are finding.  In future posts, I will update my whereabouts and what I am attempting to do for the kingdom.

Territories conquered:
Albret - Forest                  Labourd - Stone

Kingdom Capitals:
Savoie - Stone                  Burgos - Coal                      Valencia - Clay                              Ile-de-France - Cows
Avranches - Saltern

Territories not conquered yet:
Saintonge - Sheep             Angouleme - Forest             Agen - Sheep                                 Armagnac - Bees
Biarn - Gold                       Foix - Coal                          Toulouse - Forest                            Perigord - Stone
Limousin - Sheep               Lusignan - Cows                  Poitiers - Bees                                Thouars - Forest
Narbonne - Forest             Dijon - Stone                       Bourges - Sheep                             Viscaya - Clay
Navarra - Iron                   Tourraine - Iron                   La-Marche - Forest                          Bourbon - Bees
Auvergne - Forest              Anjou - Forest                     Maine - Sheep                                Jaca - Coal
Ungell - Stone                   Rosello - Clay                       Empurie - Iron                                Barcelona - Sheep
Saluces - Iron                    Dauphine - Forest                Provence - Cows                             Leon - Gold
El-Bierzo - Iron                  Compostela - Forest             Santiago - Sheep                             Porto - Cows
Coimbra - Silkworms          Castelo Branco - Cows         Braganza - Stone                             Zamora - Forest
Salamanca - Sheep            Valladolid - Stone                Austurias de Santillana - Pigs            Austurias de Oviedo - Cows
Lieida - Cows                     Zaragoza - Forest                Rioia - Stone                                   Soria - Pigs
Calatayud - Sheep              Albarracin - Silkworm          Tarragona - Pigs                              Castillon - Cows

« Last Edit: 29 February, 2016, 10:47:11 AM by Gracia Mendoza »

(RIP) Guy Grimm

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #10 on: 14 August, 2016, 10:48:16 AM »
As a new citizen, I find that list very helpful. Thank you for doing that.
Guy Grimm

Honor and Loyalty above all.
Live free or die trying.