Author Topic: The Royal Throne Room  (Read 2031 times)

Scott Macfergus

• General group
  • Honour: 0
The Royal Throne Room
« on: 22 November, 2011, 04:02:24 AM »
Scott MacFergus sat on his throne and waited for any of his subjects to come before him with their needs and wishes.

(RIP) Richard Howard

• General group
  • Baby Member
Re: The Royal Throne Room
« Reply #1 on: 01 December, 2011, 10:05:05 AM »
Walking into the throne room, his steps long and steady, he smiled and nodded to the  few court members he encountered on his way before reaching the throne.

"As you know my good king I have arrived on these shores quite a while back now but until now had not asked anything of your majesty. This day I come to your hall seeking your blessing in acquiring the Eagle's Rest Keep and to keep the said castle within the hereditary line of my family as rightful ruler and owner as it is customary and dictated by the laws of these lands. In exchange for such great favor the throne and king of Aquitaine shall forever have the loyalty of the Howard lords from now and until the end of times." he said to the king calmly while taking a short, well measured and  polite bow.

Scott Macfergus

• General group
« Reply #2 on: 02 December, 2011, 06:41:10 PM »
Having heard the request of Richard Howard, Scott looks at him and says, Where is this Eagle's Rest Keep located, my friend?

(RIP) Richard Howard

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #3 on: 03 January, 2012, 05:40:15 PM »
"I shall have to meditate about the name a while longer but that is not the main concern here" he said chuckling lightly as he unfolds what seemed to be an old map over a table asking for his liege's attention as he leaned over the parchment "Here we have the Via Domitia" he said tracing the outline of the old roman highway until it met with yet another route "It connects here at Narbonne with Via Aquitaine which continues until it reaches Bordeaux and in this manner connects us to Rome. The castle sits here, at our eastern border overlooking this ancient trade route and would serve to shield your kingdom, my king, from any intrusion from the east and also allow us to control the trade flux coming in or going out of Aquitaine." he said pointing with his finger the location where the castle was situated at

« Last Edit: 03 January, 2012, 05:42:29 PM by Richard Howard »

Scott Macfergus

• General group
« Reply #4 on: 04 January, 2012, 12:52:01 AM »
Scott looked at the parchment and then at Richard and back at the parchment again.  You have a very strategic mind, my friend.  It would be good to have someone living near that road and watching our eastern border for me.  I can't think of a better man for that job either.  You have my permission to occupy the castle and use the land around it to gather food and wood for your hearth fires.  Scott was very impressed with Richard's plan and approved of it completely.

(RIP) Richard Howard

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #5 on: 04 January, 2012, 12:05:19 PM »
"Very well my lord I shall make provisions to begin repairing or reinforcing the battlements where needed and then make arrangements to begin recruiting a garrison to stand watch at our eastern border and from this day on the Howards will forever and steadfastly protect this castle and the kingdom of Aquitaine." he said letting the map roll up by itself and taking a short but polite bow

"Now there is another matter that I'd like to discuss with your majesty but it may require the attention of your lordships privy council of which I am not a part. My request is that you'd convene said council so I can address this line of thought to all of your trusted advisers for them to consider and then advise. Word has reached my ears that knightly orders are being established all over Europe by many a king which may give them an edge in future confrontations as such I believe it would be wise for your majesty to consider doing the same." he concluded resting his hand on his sword's hilt while waiting for an answer to his proposal

Scott Macfergus

• General group
« Reply #6 on: 04 January, 2012, 08:27:00 PM »
Scott smiled and listened to the proposal.  I think it would be good to have as a part of our army system, maybe once we have put the changes that are coming in place, we can have you as a part of the inner circle bring this up as a proposal to the ministers of the Kingdom.  Scott was pretty sure that his Captain of the Guard was going to die now, he had little hope of his returning to health.  The last battle had wounded him greatly, but while most others had healed, he had taken ill and it didn't look like he would recover.  His passing would necessitate a change in the Kingdom that would cause his Drill Master to be moved into the Captain of the Guard post, freeing up the Drill Master job for someone else.  Scott couldn't think of anyone better qualified than Richard Howard.

(RIP) Richard Howard

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #7 on: 04 January, 2012, 08:35:33 PM »
"As you wish, we'll postpone discussion about this for a later date. For now I'll ensure that work begins at the keep to bring it back to its glory days and properly man its battlements. I am honored by your invitation to joint the high council and looking forward to working alongside you to the betterment of this kingdom and its people, until we meet again I wish you only health my lord, for the rest I'm confident you'll manage on your own." he said bowing politely and taking his leave before turning towards the door and back into the inner court and leaving the royal palace behind he made his way back into Bordeaux's animated streets with many a things on his mind.