Author Topic: Revolt in Flanders (18 November 1311)  (Read 1969 times)

(RIP) Jehan Desains

• General group
  • Honour: 0
  • Not for oneself, but for others.
Revolt in Flanders (18 November 1311)
« on: 18 November, 2011, 10:53:40 AM »
Dear citizens of Flanders,

for nearly half a year now, our Regent, King Edmund I Fitzalan, has grown uncaring and apathic to his nation.
He sends no news and any attempt to communicate with him, has been met with silence.
I have repeatedly warned him of a potential revolt if he didn't communicate or show he's actively involved in any way, and thus the time has come to put words into action.

Flanders needs a King who's actively involved with his people and who CARES about his nation. Someone who does his best to make it succeed and be recognised by the other nations as a valid Country of real people.
Flanders needs a King who helps his people, who brings prosperity to his nation and stimulates greatness and commitment.
Flanders also needs loyal citizens and a functioning government, so that it can be one nation, working together as a well-oiled machine.

LET IT BE SO! I say. I revolt, because I care for Flanders, and I ask you all to go to the castle and JOIN THE REVOLT!

VLAANDEREN, DE LEEUW!
Every post is honorable in which a man can serve his country.

(RIP) Jehan Desains

• General group
Re: Revolt in Flanders (18 November 1311)
« Reply #1 on: 19 November, 2011, 08:01:50 AM »
VICTORY!

The revolt was a success and I, Jehan Desains, am now the new King of Flanders.
Flanders won't be rebuilt in a day, but it SHALL be rebuilt!

A fiery battle struck between the rioters and the Royal Guards - County of Flanders. Rioters won.You can view a detailed report of the sequence of events of the battle here:

We bring forth this epic battle and the heroic actions of our great soldiers, who are all bearers of both Glory and Sorrow.
Revolt in Brugge. Fight happened on 19-11-1311, 03:34:01
Attackers: Jehan Desains, Jan Carpegna
Defenders: Fide Debrugge, Cassandra Bloomdale
Jan Carpegna against Cassandra Bloomdale
---> turn: 1<---
Jan Carpegna hits Cassandra Bloomdale with his Short sword (100,00%) for 8 damage [92 HP left]
Cassandra Bloomdale hits Jan Carpegna with hands (100,00%) but the hit has been blocked by the armnor! [100 HP left]
---> turn: 2<---
Jan Carpegna hits Cassandra Bloomdale with his Short sword (99,00%) for 9 damage [83 HP left]
Cassandra Bloomdale hits Jan Carpegna with hands (100,00%) but the hit has been blocked by the armnor! [100 HP left]
---> turn: 3<---
Jan Carpegna hits Cassandra Bloomdale with his Short sword (99,00%) for 5 damage [78 HP left]
---> turn: 4<---
Jan Carpegna hits Cassandra Bloomdale with his Short sword (99,00%) for 9 damage [69 HP left]
---> turn: 5<---
Jan Carpegna hits Cassandra Bloomdale with his Short sword (99,00%) for 10 damage [59 HP left]
---> turn: 6<---
Jan Carpegna hits Cassandra Bloomdale with his Short sword (99,00%) for 7 damage [52 HP left]
---> turn: 7<---
Jan Carpegna hits Cassandra Bloomdale with his Short sword (98,00%) for 10 damage [42 HP left]
---> turn: 8<---
Jan Carpegna hits Cassandra Bloomdale with his Short sword (98,00%) for 9 damage [33 HP left]
---> turn: 9<---
Jan Carpegna hits Cassandra Bloomdale with his Short sword (98,00%) for 10 damage [23 HP left]
---> turn: 10<---
Jan Carpegna hits Cassandra Bloomdale with his Short sword (98,00%) for 6 damage [17 HP left]
---> turn: 11<---
Jan Carpegna hits Cassandra Bloomdale with his Short sword (98,00%) for 5 damage [12 HP left]
---> turn: 12<---
Jan Carpegna hits Cassandra Bloomdale with his Short sword (97,00%) for 8 damage [4 HP left]
---> turn: 13<---
Jan Carpegna hits Cassandra Bloomdale with his Short sword (97,00%) for 6 damage [-2 HP left]
Jan Carpegna Wins!
Jehan Desains against Fide Debrugge
---> turn: 1<---
Jehan Desains hits Fide Debrugge with his Short sword (100,00%) for 7 damage [93 HP left]
Fide Debrugge hits Jehan Desains with Short sword (100,00%) but the hit has been blocked by the armnor! [100 HP left]
---> turn: 2<---
Jehan Desains hits Fide Debrugge with his Short sword (99,00%) for 3 damage [90 HP left]
Fide Debrugge hits Jehan Desains with Short sword (99,00%) but the hit has been blocked by the armnor! [100 HP left]
---> turn: 3<---
Jehan Desains hits Fide Debrugge with his Short sword (99,00%) for 4 damage [86 HP left]
Fide Debrugge hits Jehan Desains with Short sword (99,00%) but the hit has been blocked by the armnor! [100 HP left]
---> turn: 4<---
Jehan Desains hits Fide Debrugge with his Short sword (99,00%) for 3 damage [83 HP left]
---> turn: 5<---
Jehan Desains hits Fide Debrugge with his Short sword (99,00%) for 6 damage [77 HP left]
---> turn: 6<---
Jehan Desains hits Fide Debrugge with his Short sword (99,00%) for 2 damage [75 HP left]
---> turn: 7<---
Jehan Desains hits Fide Debrugge with his Short sword (98,00%) for 4 damage [71 HP left]
Fide Debrugge hits Jehan Desains with Short sword (98,00%) but the hit has been blocked by the armnor! [100 HP left]
---> turn: 8<---
Jehan Desains hits Fide Debrugge with his Short sword (98,00%) for 6 damage [65 HP left]
Jehan Desains hits Fide Debrugge with his Short sword (98,00%) for 6 damage [59 HP left]
Fide Debrugge hits Jehan Desains with Short sword (98,00%) but the hit has been blocked by the armnor! [100 HP left]
---> turn: 9<---
Jehan Desains hits Fide Debrugge with his Short sword (98,00%) for 3 damage [56 HP left]
---> turn: 10<---
Jehan Desains hits Fide Debrugge with his Short sword (98,00%) for 5 damage [51 HP left]
---> turn: 11<---
Jehan Desains hits Fide Debrugge with his Short sword (97,00%) for 7 damage [44 HP left]
Jehan Desains hits Fide Debrugge with his Short sword (97,00%) for 4 damage [40 HP left]
---> turn: 12<---
Jehan Desains hits Fide Debrugge with his Short sword (97,00%) for 2 damage [38 HP left]
Jehan Desains hits Fide Debrugge with his Short sword (97,00%) for 7 damage [31 HP left]
Fide Debrugge hits Jehan Desains with Short sword (97,00%) but the hit has been blocked by the armnor! [100 HP left]
---> turn: 13<---
Jehan Desains hits Fide Debrugge with his Short sword (97,00%) for 5 damage [26 HP left]
Fide Debrugge hits Jehan Desains with Short sword (97,00%) but the hit has been blocked by the armnor! [100 HP left]
---> turn: 14<---
Jehan Desains hits Fide Debrugge with his Short sword (96,00%) for 4 damage [22 HP left]
---> turn: 15<---
Jehan Desains hits Fide Debrugge with his Short sword (96,00%) for 5 damage [17 HP left]
---> turn: 16<---
Jehan Desains hits Fide Debrugge with his Short sword (96,00%) for 4 damage [13 HP left]
---> turn: 17<---
Jehan Desains hits Fide Debrugge with his Short sword (96,00%) for 4 damage [9 HP left]
Jehan Desains hits Fide Debrugge with his Short sword (96,00%) for 5 damage [4 HP left]
Fide Debrugge hits Jehan Desains with Short sword (96,00%) but the hit has been blocked by the armnor! [100 HP left]
---> turn: 18<---
Jehan Desains hits Fide Debrugge with his Short sword (95,00%) for 4 damage [0 HP left]
Jehan Desains Wins!
Surviving attackers: 2, Surviving defenders: 0
Attackers won this round.

(RIP) Kasper Brody

• General group
« Reply #2 on: 19 November, 2011, 02:39:02 PM »
19-11-1311, 06:45:44   Jehan Desains revoked your role with the following reason: Supported the former King.

Hmm... Odd... I do not see my name under supporters yet I was removed and told that I supported the king. A teacher once told me that if a statement is not true, therefore it is a lie ... beware the speaker.

(RIP) Jehan Desains

• General group
« Reply #3 on: 19 November, 2011, 03:06:02 PM »
Did Edmund Fitzalan not make you Vassal? Did you not follow him in his uncaring nature? Did you ever side with me and encourage him to be more active or anything like that? When you were online and I asked you to join the Revolt, did you do so? Do you not find it odd that the Castle was left without money, despite months of collecting fees and with no resources to be found in the Training Grounds construction site?

event report of the Castle:
19-11-1311, 06:03:13 Kasper Brody took 64 Copper coins from the inventory.
19-11-1311, 06:03:08 Kasper Brody took 112 Silver coins from the inventory.

plus 448 the 5th of november

event report of the Training Grounds: (under construction)
19-11-1311, 13:52:18 Jehan Desains donated 28 Piece of wood.
19-11-1311, 13:05:56 Jehan Desains donated 98 Piece of wood.
19-11-1311, 11:10:08 Jehan Desains donated 22 Iron piece.
19-11-1311, 11:09:47 Jehan Desains donated 29 Piece of wood.
19-11-1311, 11:09:02 Jehan Desains donated 1 Piece of wood.
19-11-1311, 06:04:53 Kasper Brody took 20 Stone piece from the inventory.
19-11-1311, 06:04:48 Kasper Brody took 760 Copper coins from the inventory.
19-11-1311, 06:04:22 Kasper Brody took 27 Iron piece from the inventory.
19-11-1311, 06:04:17 Kasper Brody took 57 Piece of wood from the inventory.
17-11-1311, 03:48:30 Kasper Brody deposited 20 Stone piece.
17-11-1311, 03:48:19 Kasper Brody deposited 27 Iron piece.
23-10-1311, 23:39:08 Cornelis Adriaanszoon donated 760 Copper coins.

The answers are clear. You had plenty of time to do what's right and you did nothing. Now you must face the consequences of your (in)actions. Be glad I've only removed your title...lets be honest, you've given plenty of reasons to receive punishment. So leave Flanders and take your friends with you. If you want to ruin a nation, then found your own.

And if you truly find it unjust, there's always the Supreme Court of Europe you can go to.
« Last Edit: 20 November, 2011, 12:23:46 AM by Jehan Desains »

(RIP) Kasper Brody

• General group
« Reply #4 on: 20 November, 2011, 02:31:39 AM »
We did found our own. You revolted and took it.

My orders were to protect Brugge's interests and resources. And that I did. How convenient that you did not include the events where I deposited the goods myself. You have been scheming for power ever since we returned Flanders from rubble. Every time you say "for the good of Flanders", all I see is lies. You have always wanted to rule Flanders and have been looking for a reason. By all means, take it. But do not say that it is for the good of the people. You will only be adding to your sin.

King Edmund Fitzalan I of Flanders bequeathed all rights and riches to his fiancee the Lady Cassandra Bloomdale. I shall see to it that it is delivered.

(Not all have access to this forum. I reckon it shall be remedied soon.)

(RIP) Jehan Desains

• General group
« Reply #5 on: 20 November, 2011, 09:37:32 AM »
No, YOU didn't found anything. I did. (OOC: I asked the admins to add Flanders to the map, which was convenient for you guys, as you had just been exiled from England for your crimes there)

Brugge's interests are growth and prosperity, an active population, a caring, involved and communicative government. When I asked you what you've done in the last few months, you said: "NOTHING".
My orders were to protect both Flanders and its people, and that's what I did. I removed the main obstacle for the progress and prosperity of my nation and people, by removing you guys.
Sure, you donated some goods...and I donated nearly twice as much in a single day as you did in half a year.

"SCHEMING" for power? I've been telling you guys for MONTHS to get your act together and get Flanders moving and you did NOTHING. I've been threatening with revolt for MONTHS if you continued this way. If we're being completely honest here, I should've revolted MONTHS ago, instead of having the false hope of you guys actually doing something to help Flanders. No, you guys lost all credibility. All you had to do was your job and I would've stayed quiet. The only reason I revolted, is because it was necessary. Not just for Flanders and its citizens, but for all of Europe. (OOC: you guys were ruining the game with your inactivity. it's okay if you're just a citizen, but not if you're Vassal or King)

"ever since we returned Flanders from rubble", you mean TO rubble, because that's what I got when I successfully revolted. A crumbled nation.

I HAVE always wanted to rule Flanders, but I would've been content if the one on the throne actually did his job properly. What I did IS for the good of the people. If you think that's a lie, then all you need to do is look back at the MONTHS of inaction on your part.

And to make it even more clear as to how I'm the good guy and you're the bad guys: I offered Edmund Fitzalan several great deals. I gave him plenty of time to do the right thing and to communicate, which he didn't. I promised him that he'd get a full pardon for his inactions and that I would grant him Vassalry over the first conquered region, if he peacefully passed on the throne. I offered full pardon for any of you guys if he did what was right, but he merely continued doing what was wrong.

If you want to talk about sin, then don't point out the splinter that is in thine brother's eye, but point out the beam that is in thine own eye.

Everybody is most welcome to see what has happened. I've already been recognised by 9 nations, the Heavens were clearly on my side, and I'm going on pilgrimage to Rome right now to discuss matters with the Pope.

Your reign is over, so leave Flanders. You've already been exiled from England and now from Flanders, so continue like this and there'll be no nation willing to take you in. The Heavens decided in my favour. Submit to your fate.

As said, you can always complain to the Supreme Court if you think my actions were unjustified. Just know they too will rule in my favour.