Author Topic: The Attack on Valencia  (Read 86 times)

Alfred Avalon

• Local Moderator
  • Baby Member
  • Honour: 0
The Attack on Valencia
« on: 31 May, 2020, 11:10:52 PM »
When the last of the fake wars ended, the Cyrene Alliance declared war on Rome less than a minute later, thus robbing all the growing number of alliances from their chance to carve them up yet again. I believe Rome was targeted out of vengeance against me (for standing against them) and also over the loss of Castilla as a satellite. Soon, I will be a pope in exile. To be perfectly honest, I thought I would be in exile already at this point in time.

We declared the attack against Valencia for three reasons:
1 - To send a message to the Cyrene that they have to contend with me—that an attack against one of our Theo kingdoms is going to be met with the aggressive precision they have come to fear....from me.
2 - To delay the conquest of Rome, if possible (which unfortunately the attack could not have prevented—Aquitaine or Cyrenaica could have launched an attack, but they chose not to—I find it very strange that they decided to give Rome time to evacuate before launching even a single raid).
3 - To force the hand of the Valencian Theos (who have shown great disrespect for the faith) and prepare the Theological Church for the excommunication of the Valencians, which are commencing now.

We do not do fake wars; we do not do fake attacks. We do, however, seek to defend ourselves, and that is precisely what we shall do. There may have been a marginal amount of parry skill that a few Dormolites gained, however, I doubt it exceeds the amount they would have gained from dueling due to not having to show up to a battle at all.

Before this assault, there was still some doubt in the community as to the position of the Valencian Theos. There is no doubt now. I am starting the excommunications with the biggest one first and working my way down. Hopefully I will be able to complete the task before I am exiled from Rome.

I hope this letter has sufficiently cleared up any possible misunderstanding of intentions. We are entering into dark days. It is time we shined the light even brighter.

Svatomir Brodnik

• Baby Member
Re: The Attack on Valencia
« Reply #1 on: 01 June, 2020, 12:47:52 AM »
 Excuse me, your Holiness, I am not educated, but how is it possible to expel a religious leader from a province that has a first-level structure?

Alfred Avalon

• Local Moderator
  • Baby Member
« Reply #2 on: 01 June, 2020, 01:37:28 AM »
Svatomir, I appreciate your question. Perhaps I am the one who is not educated on that point. I know I still have much to learn, and that is a point that certainly merits further investigation.

My present understanding has been that when the Cyrene Alliance conquers Rome, they will banish me and any other individual who stands with me. After the mandatory three day grace period has elapsed (which they will absolutely have no choice but to honor—I will see to that), the guard captain will arrest any banished individual still found in Rome.

My understanding was that my role does not inoculate me to this penalty. If it does inoculate me, that may make life interesting in ways I did not expect, but I can roll with that.

My thoughts regarding possible exile have been two-fold:

1 - Follow the example of Queen Gracia and the Castillans. They are an inspiration to me and to many in communities in and outside the Theological Church.

2 - Be very dangerous in exile. I am not a lute-playing monk in a pointy hat. I am a shepherd over a people, and that people find themselves in a time of great distress. I do not always need access to the Holy See to act as pope, I am pope wherever I am. Being a pope in exile, however, means I feel the threat to my people more keenly. It sharpens my efforts. I suspect that due to the peculiarities of my personality I may prove even more dangerous to the Cyrene in exile than I am now.

In some respects, I actually look forward to exile, because the adversity is an opportunity to continue building unity and solidarity in the Theological community, and without exile it is impossible to have a triumphant return.

Svatomir Brodnik

• Baby Member
« Reply #3 on: 01 June, 2020, 02:07:51 AM »
I understand, thank you.