Author Topic: Development Dairy #1 -Explanations of areas-  (Read 61 times)

Kol the Mod

• *[STAFF] Administrator
  • Honour: 0
Development Dairy #1 -Explanations of areas-
« on: 09 February, 2020, 08:32:41 PM »
Awhile back I said I would try and do this, but i have simply not been sure what to put down.  We have been working on things and we will continue.  I figured the first start would be a little overall explanation of the areas we focus on and the phases of testing.  This won't give you any insight at the moment of what we are working on, but just a tad of info on the areas we see and when we do release stuff how they are defined by us. 

Quality of life changes: these changes do not actively change the game, but improve you, the players game play.  This is done in the form of removing things that slow down your personal machine, or provide a new way of reading a list, etc. 

Bugs: These are fixes for known problems that after collecting all the needed data, testing to recreate and patching and testing again have fixed said bugs.  This does not mean that everyone is 100% free from it, not everything is perfect, but these repairs/fixes should 99% of the time resolve the issue.

Enhancements: These are the items that have been added to the game to improve the overall quality of the game and provide more things for players to do, engage with, or provide a shake up to the game. 

Reactivation: These are the items that were once in the game but turned off for one reason or another.  We have turned them back on and tested them out to ensure they do not break anything else. 

Alpha testing:
This is when the Knights test out the new changes first and look for other adjustments.

Beta testing:  This is when select members of the community are invited to the test server to play around with the new items and help hunt for possible issues.

I'll try and feed you a little more detail on some areas a tad bit later down the road.  This topic is not for suggestions, there is a different area in the forums for that. 

Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Kol

Mathijs Janszoon

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Honour: 0
Re: Development Dairy #1 -Explanations of areas-
« Reply #1 on: 12 February, 2020, 02:02:32 PM »
Thanks for the Dev Diary, it's great to see what you are working on!