Author Topic: Deste's Folly  (Read 214 times)

Alfred Avalon

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Honour: 0
Deste's Folly
« on: 11 December, 2019, 07:20:14 AM »
06-Dec-1319, 20:57:24 Kingdom of Castiglia and Leon has declared war to Kingdom of Sweden!

Well that was stupid.

The Dormolites (followers of Deste Dormolo Proselite): A small group of people with a history of violence and wanton destruction, exiled from their home, hunted by those they hurt—hated by all, loved by none—the oppressors of a group of peaceful people. Not true Norse, but false. Not true Theologicals, but false. Not true Castilians, merely the bullies oppressing the Castilian people.

I thought these scoundrels were more or less maimed and done away with. I thought their remnants were scattered, seeking refuge even to their own hurt, like when two of them illegally took English citizenship, and we prosecuted the case. They regained their cohesion, however, and I became aware of this (and their oppression of the Castilian people) the last time Deste committed a truly stupid act:

12-Oct-1319, 16:24:45 Kingdom of Castiglia and Leon has declared war to Kingdom of Aquitaine!

Deste put the eyes of the world back on him again, reminded them of what he cost them, and furthermore, again demonstrated that he is nothing but a thug when he attacked the peaceful, pastoral Kingdom of Aquitaine, bringing about its ruin and destruction.

Now Deste may claim this thing or that thing as his cassus belli (he's already flopped about on the issue like a fish out of water), but I think the whole world—if it's paying attention—knows that the real reason Deste is going to war is because his ambition is destruction, his affinity is chaos.

We're going to defend the Swedes. We're going to defend and redeem the besmirched honor of the Norse and Theological faiths. We're going liberate the Castilians from this band of bullies. We're going to avenge Declan and Old Aquitaine. And...we're going to do it with a smile on our faces, because peace is not sitting around a campfire singing songs, rather it is destroying those who bring chaos to this world. Who can look at the serious prospect of true and genuine peace and not smile, though the enterprise be arduous and there be much strain in the effort?

Those who love chaos. That's who.

Ignite the light, and darkness flees. Ignite true and genuine peace, and chaos fears the morrow. Ignite freedom, and tyranny dies.

Alfred Avalon

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Honour: 0
Re: Deste's Folly
« Reply #1 on: 23 December, 2019, 02:21:34 PM »
My father always told me that "Those who can't do, teach." Deste showed me very clearly that "Those who can't do, cheat."

It takes courage for the upright to stand against evil, but it takes far more courage for the evildoer when the bill for his wicked deeds comes due.

Deste lacked this courage. All cowards do. As for us--for our courage? -We will finish what Deste began by foolishly attacking us: His removal from the throne of Castiglia and Leon!

The impending exile of his followers--now leaderless, soon landless....who would accept such enemies of this world? Surely no one who has paid attention!

I planted a field of wheat once. I was not surprised later when I did not reap a bunch of mulberry. Farming requires forethought. You have to know what you want to reap before you start sowing it into the ground. Are we sowing the right crop? Is the soil fit for planting?

The Dormolites sowed what they now do not want to reap.

Back to Burgos! Time to set these captives free! Time to hand these evildoers their bill and let them know it has come due!