Author Topic: Trial N.001- The Kingdom against Sophia Isaurica.  (Read 2179 times)

(RIP) Beatrice D'aquino

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Honour: 0
Trial N.001- The Kingdom against Sophia Isaurica.
« on: 24 December, 2014, 01:57:00 PM »
By the power given to me by the Kingdom of Cyrene, I, Beatrice D’Aquino, Judge of Derne, start this crime procedure that sees Lady Sophia Isaurica accused of not leaving the Country after being declared Enemy of the Kingdom, despite the last chance His Majesty gave her 24 hours ago through a message that was visible to each citizen of Cyrene.

By the will of His Majesty King Ugone the barrister will be Lady Ginevra Merisi.

The Defendant has 12 hours to make this Court know if she wants to appoint a Defense Attorney or wants to defend by herself.

After this 12 hours the Barrister is allowed to make her opening remarks.

(RIP) Ginevra Merisi

• General group
  • Baby Member
Re: Trial N.001- The Kingdom against Sophia Isaurica.
« Reply #1 on: 25 December, 2014, 05:06:35 AM »
Your Honour, I am here on behalf of His Majesty the King Ugone to represent the Kingdom in this procedure against Lady Sophia Isaurica.
My harangue will be brief, because the guilt of the accused is clear.
I just want to read the Leges Victoriae, promulgated on the 21st of November 1314 and effective from the 24th of the same month.

About Kingdom Enemies

Arrigo Lorentio Bolon-Isauricos and Sophia Isaurica are declared enemies of the Cyrene Kingdom because of the damages they caused to its land and people.
They are obligated to leave the territories belonging to the Cyrene Kingdom and to not transit neither reside in them.
This law will enter in force on the 24th of November 1314 at 2:30 p.m. and it doesn’t expire.
The breaking of such a law is classified as D type, capital offence, and involves a maximum of 3 days of prison and 1000 silver coins fine. The penalty will be reiterated until the said enemies will go away from the Kingdom.

The Novus Codex Cyrenaicae reaffirms:

All articles and laws contained in this code will come into force on the 4th of December 1314 at 5 p. m. and will not expire.
With the enactment of this Code any other law of the Kingdom is abolished, except the Leges Victoriae which remain an integral part of the laws of the Kingdom.

Despite this Laws and the chance the King gave Sophia again and again to leave the Country, she remained in Derne all the time, and she is still here, as this proof produced by the King himself shows:

So, according to the Laws of the Kingdom, I ask the maximum of the punishment for her, in other words 3 days of prison and a 1000 silver coins fine. Besides I ask, if judged guilty, that she could have other 24 hours from the end of the trial to leave the Kingdom, or she will be accused again according the Laws of Cyrene.
Besides, if the accused doesn’t show in this trial, as I think, I ask 1 day of prison and a 200 silver coins fine more, according the art. III of the Novus Codex Cyrenaicae:

Art. III: On the Aggravating Factors and the Recidivism.

Target: Everyone.

Each offense may suffer an increase of the sentence. If the defendant takes the following behaviors it will be considered as aggravating factor:
- He refuse to cooperate with the Magistrate and who represents Justice (within the Kingdom) in general;
- He doesn’t show up in the process after regular convocation by the Magistrate;
- During the process, he refuses to answer the questions of the Magistrate;
- He falsify evidence or gives false statements;
- He is recidivous for the same offense (repeatedly commit the same crime).

The refusal to cooperate with the Magistrate is considered an Administrative Offence;
The refusal to answer questions from the Magistrate and not show up in the process are Minor Crimes;
The falsification of evidences or false statements designed to prevent the normal development of the process or investigation is a Sever Crime.
Being convicted a second time for the same offense, whatever the crime committed, represent a Sever Crime. If someone is convicted a third time for the same crime, will be considered Capital Offence.

Thank you Your Honour, I finished my harangue.

(RIP) Beatrice D'aquino

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #2 on: 25 December, 2014, 07:18:47 AM »
The defendant can now speak, she has 12 hours to make her harangue.

(RIP) Cristianus Von Hamaburg

• General group
« Reply #3 on: 25 December, 2014, 11:07:43 AM »
RP
Two old men sitting in the rows of seats and whisper:

Do you know, what is here crime, that he blamed as a enemy of the Kingdom? The left one ask.
No, I have no idea! The Judge and the Barrister does't say anything about that. Answeres the other, and lie on his head on the hands who holding the cane.
Do you know, how the defendant can defend oneself? The left one ask a knobed with his false teeth.
No, I have no idea how she could do that! The last day somebody saw her was on the 23 December! The caneman put his forefinger and search for something to eat in his nose.
Do you know, why nobody knows that? The left man ask and scratched his head.
No, I have no idea, why the Judge and the Barrister overlooked that. These information is standing in there own evidence! Caneman replies.
Do you know, if this trial would be a good entertainment for us? Leftman looks bored.
No, I have no idea, and if you continue with your blather, I think, that we both sitting on the other side of this court!   So - shut up... Caneman looks fearing around.

(RIP) Beatrice D'aquino

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #4 on: 25 December, 2014, 12:30:06 PM »
What is this whispering? I invite you all to silence.

Since the accused wrote she has problems to come in this hall, we give her 24 hours from now to allow her to find a defensor that could make the harangue.

(RIP) Cristianus Von Hamaburg

• General group
« Reply #5 on: 25 December, 2014, 01:07:42 PM »
The both old men solidify in awe, cloth their mouths and follows the announcements of the Barrister
interested.
Only a little "klick" can be heard sometimes, if the one is playing with his tongue on his false teeth...

(RIP) Beatrice D'aquino

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #6 on: 26 December, 2014, 05:03:22 PM »
By the power gave me by the Kingdom and by His Majesty King Ugone, this Court declares the accused guilty of the crimes of which she is accused.
However she wrote privately to the King saying she will leave the Kingdom as soon as possible.
Therefore we condemn Sophia Isaurica to a fine of 1000 silver coins (with no days of prison) to offer to the Royal Palace for the crime of not leaving the Kingdom, and for this time we overlook the fact that she didn’t show in the Trial.
Sophia Isaurica has 24 hours from now to leave the Kingdom or another Trial will be opened, and next time we will not be so indulgent.
It is so ordered!