Author Topic: The Trial of Massimiliano D'angio  (Read 110 times)

Douglas York

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Honour: 0
The Trial of Massimiliano D'angio
« on: 03 May, 2019, 05:22:43 PM »
The Trial of Massimiliano D'angio shall be held here

Both the Defence and Prosecution have been notified about the trial

Douglas York

• General group
  • Baby Member
Re: The Trial of Massimiliano D'angio
« Reply #1 on: 06 May, 2019, 12:36:40 AM »
As the defendant has not responded, the prosecutor may make their opening remarks now

Alfred Avalon

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #2 on: 06 May, 2019, 02:02:29 PM »
Thank you, Your Honor.

As Sovereign of the Kingdom of England, I shall serve as prosecutor in this case.

The Kingdom of England hereby states that the defendant, Massimiliano D'angio, took English citizenship without permission of the Sovereign. This is a clear violation of Section 9 (Citizenship) of English law. The Kingdom of England is exercising the option listed in Section 9 of combining it with Section 7 (Attack on Kingdom Security and Prestige).

The Kingdom of England humbly submits these screenshots to the Court of both Section 9 and Section 7 of English law as reference:

The Kingdom of England humbly submits this screenshot to the Court of the Sovereign's event notification indicating the event where the accused took English citizenship:

As both prosecutor of this case and witness of the crimes committed, I must now testify that at no point did Massimiliano D'angio have permission from me, Alfred Avalon, the Sovereign of the Kingdom of England, to take English citizenship, yet he clearly did so anyway. If the defendant wishes to contend this point, let him disprove it by producing a screenshot of a letter in which I gave him permission. As I never sent such a letter, this task will, without shadow of a doubt, prove utterly impossible.

On the Thirtieth Day of April, the week just past, I sent Massimiliano a letter declaring that his English citizenship is illegal and he is in violation of the law. In this letter I prescribed a course of action that, if taken, results in the defendant avoiding court. That course required the following actions:

1) The defendant must leave England for good within two days of the letter being sent.
2) The defendant must take citizenship in another kingdom as soon as the 30 day cool down period expires.
3) The defendant must send written consent of these terms to me, the Sovereign.

The defendant has failed to comply with all three terms, therefore, a trial is necessary. At this point, it is relevant to this case to mention that Daniel D'angio also took English citizenship without permission on the same day as the defendant. Daniel D'angio sent the letter consenting to the terms and thus was able to avoid this proceeding, and will remain in such a status, unless he should fall out of compliance with these terms.

It is the Kingdom of England's official position that the letter referred to above extended the fullest measure of mercy possible toward the defendant, yet it is clear this extension of mercy was wholly undesired by the defendant, as demonstrated by his lack of acceptance of it. Therefore, it is the recommendation of the Kingdom of England that, out of respect for the defendant's implied wishes, no mercy be shown, and the defendant receive the maximum sentence permissible by law.

The Kingdom of England is exercising the option that Section 9 be combined with Section 7, as we believe this violation of our Citizenship law constitutes an Attack on Kingdom Security and Prestige. In deference to the defendant's refusal of former mercy, it is our recommendation that the defendant receive the maximum sentence permissible by law for Section 7 as well.

Douglas York

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #3 on: 08 May, 2019, 04:24:16 AM »
Now that the evidence against D'angio has been presented, we must allow him to defend himself. If he does not respond within the time period a verdict will be served without him.

Douglas York

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #4 on: 10 May, 2019, 12:51:42 AM »
Due to the complete lack of response from Massimilano D'angio his sentencing will be done without him.

Taking into account the overwhelming amount of evidence from the prosecution and the complete lack of any rebuttal or cooperation throughout the trial, I will accept the prosecutor'''s suggestion of combing punishments for violating section seven and nine.

As the defendant has been found guilty without a doubt they will receive the maximum punishment for all crimes committed.