Author Topic: The Call to Action (A personal note to myself)  (Read 87 times)

Adolf Von Holstein

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Honour: 0
  • Diplomacy is the key to all action.
The Call to Action (A personal note to myself)
« on: 23 March, 2019, 11:28:27 PM »
I haven't been as talkative as my father which pains me but I figure I must come outside from my farm, and accept the fact he is no-longer with us. His friends have been more than welcoming but I don't think I could say the same from me to them. He raised me better than this, he told me I should never shy from aiding those in need, and that peace is the true answer that guides us through the end. As he never raised a sword I shall never sit idle while there are those in need. I promise to my improve my own will, for if I sit with the idle of hands I fear I may go mad.
Living the life as a farmer to the end of day's while may be useful isn't enough to help the people or kingdom grow. I must find a way to always be busy even if I must work in my sleep I must find a way to prove to myself that I can live up to his standards as he never took without giving. My father's friends know that he was a hard, honest, and loyal worker, as well as an advocate of peace, and that is what I inspire to be. So let this be my call to action no more shall I hide, or mourn the loss of my father for he wouldn't want this for me. I promise to everyone to be more active where I can be, and I look forward to seeing how I can further change myself.

Fabiotto Borgia

• General group
  • Honour: 0
  • Ambassador of Cyrene
Re: The Call to Action (A personal note to myself)
« Reply #1 on: 24 March, 2019, 07:38:26 PM »
Sir Adolf
When I met your father Sir Heinrich in Venice, it was an honor for me.
When I left for Cyrene I never asked anyone to follow me.
While everyone wished me a good trip, he told me he would come with me.
Sir Heinrich was very brave and I remember him as one of the founding fathers of today's Cyrene.
I remember that there were three of us discussing the present and the future: me, the Grand Duke and him.
Unfortunately the disease took him too early and he failed to see how Cyrene has become today.
What Cyrene is today we owe to him too, because thanks to his courage, many other people have undertaken long journeys to come here.
Meanwhile, many things have changed, starting with faith.
 After the failure of the Council of Rome
https://rpforum.medieval-europe.eu/index.php?topic=19096.0

and the meeting with a man called Orhan
https://rpforum.medieval-europe.eu/index.php?topic=19128.msg132017#msg132017

, Cyrene chose the mystical faith, and I'm sure your father Heinrich would have appreciated and understood.

Sir Adolf,
I'm glad you agreed to help me in my shop. There we can get to know each other better and we can start talking like I did with your father. He was a very curious person and asked several questions that were never trivial and I was very happy to answer him.
Here in Cyrene we are free. Once I met a minstrel, Giorgio Gabero, who told me:
freedom is not a star above a tree, nor is it the flight of a flies. Freedom is not a free space. Freedom is participation
[/i]

Let us feel free