Author Topic: The Unexpected Love  (Read 335 times)

Alexandros Kokkinos

• General group
  • Honour: 0
The Unexpected Love
« on: 18 November, 2018, 04:18:25 PM »
I was relaxing at Bursa's hammam when a messenger with a scroll from Ambassador Yusuf Ibn Tashfin entered, it was an invitation to visit Chamberlain Kartal Kaan.

My stay at Ottoman Empire couldn't be better, shortly after my arrival at Bursa I was heading to the local tavern when I notice her for the first time.

I was talking with my old friend Judge Acharad Ghazi about how rich and fertile his region is and that I was still a single man and I haven't settle down.

Just we spotted a veiled lady on a great white dress, approaching.

“Perhaps this is an omen, you must walk down to greet her" he said.

But she entered in big house and as hard as I tried, I couldn't find her.

For the next days I have stood across the road waiting to see her again. At last my effort and prayers were successful. I saw her again the day after in the same street and when she lifted her veil and met my gaze I was left astonished. No woman I had ever looked on seemed lovely next to her.

Once again I has unlucky and I didn't have a chance to talk to her but I learn her name from Mohamed a young scamp who lives beside the local tavern at the end of her street. She is Lady Liza Mekoffin an ex Customs Officer of Leinster but a play of the fate brought her to Bursa.

Once again urgent state issues obliged me to speed up my trip and return back to the Konstantinople, but I couldn't forget her. The hunting with the Emperor, the walks to the beauteous gardens of Bosporus, my affection in literary and poetry, all seems pointless. Her figure and that beautiful eyes walks between passion and poetry. Even during my urgent empire military duties my thoughts yearn towards her, here and there joyfully, then again sadly, awaiting from Fate, when will be the next time to see her.

The miracle happened. Lady Liza Mekoffin came to Konstantinople and I met her at midday noon in the square of the Hippodrome. We spend our day walking and talking in the gardens at the Great Palace.
« Last Edit: 18 November, 2018, 04:24:19 PM by Alexandros Kokkinos »

(RIP) Liza Mekoffin

• General group
  • Baby Member
Re: The Unexpected Love
« Reply #1 on: 18 November, 2018, 04:46:07 PM »
When i saw Alexander,my heart stopped.He was the most beautiful and glorious male i ever saw in my whole life.I felt like my love filled heart was about to jump out of my chest to Alexander and kiss him.My eyes and heart felt like in the highest heaven.I want to join in a marriage with him and live with him until we die.

Alexandros Kokkinos

• General group
« Reply #2 on: 18 November, 2018, 05:11:36 PM »
Alexandros sat at his desk as he studied the list of things to get done for the upcoming wedding. His concerns that he would not gather them in time. His program for helping new apprentices get started seemed to be a success. Now he could take the time and focus on hisself and the upcoming nuptials.

100 Flowers
20 mulberry cakes
20 Wine Bottles
10 Beer Steins
5 Brandy
5 Mead
1 Golden Basin

The list is too big, and all this staff is confusing him. Better facing a bunch of Saracens than dealing this list. But her beautiful eyes deserve any sacrifice.

Alexandros Kokkinos

• General group
« Reply #3 on: 26 November, 2018, 07:54:52 PM »
An endless come and go of messengers from the most varied lords; Counts, Consuls, Βarons, Viscounts, Merchants, Connestables, Farmers, Craftsmen. There must be dozens I still forget inviting, or not inviting, to that magnificent day of my marriage.

And yet, not a sign of Liz. I remembered at some point what my colleague Theophilos Katakouzinos told me that northerners believe it is bad luck to see the bride before the wedding. She would have no trouble from me, though I would have appreciated her kindly words.

In the morning, at the council room of the Tagma, I suddenly remember that I have to write to my Emperor to ask His permission for the marriage. Also, I have to write to His All-Holiness Mitropolith Nicholaos A' Mystikos in order to get the Certificate Of Non-Impediment.

At last the two most significant letters for the marriage are ready.

I call an apprentice of my Order.
" Take these sealed letters and a fine horse from our stables and deliver them as soon as possible."
At last it is time to rest and dream my beloved one.

« Last Edit: 26 November, 2018, 08:03:29 PM by Alexandros Kokkinos »

(RIP) Gregorios Kantakouzenos

• General group
« Reply #4 on: 26 November, 2018, 08:18:41 PM »
Between letters of diplomatic correspondence and economic reports of Empire's regions i noticed the paper of General Alexandros Kokkinos. The letter wasnt about army whereabouts but for his decision to be married.

To my friend Alexandros and Lady Liza Mekoffin

May Deus keep you safe and bless your marriage with peace, joy and happiness!

PS You can use Imperial Guard of Konstantinoupolis for the ceremonial purpose.

Alexandros Kokkinos

• General group
« Reply #5 on: 27 November, 2018, 12:02:46 PM »
A loud knock on the door, destroyed my dream. The sweet face of Liza and her dense, reddish hair was lost at once.
I got up quickly, straightened my Battalion's uniform, drew the papers on the desk and then I replied.
'Get in.'
A breathless young apprentice stood at the door.
'Commander, the ship you are waiting enters the harbor.'

By the grace of God, the beloved Father Galahad Lionsclaw sailed with a clinker "La Hynde" at the one of the two natural ports of the Golden Horn.Upon his arrival, my heart filled with joy, I offered thanks to the Almighty for His mercy and love. At last Liza will have the opportunity to perform the wedding that she always dreamed.

We extend to your holiness beloved Father our appreciation for the spirit of Christian brotherhood and your unselfish offer you displayed towards us. We also express our contentment and joy for the wonderful wedding present. This gift will be the cornerstone to make true the dreams of two loved ones.

During your stay at Konstantinople, you must especially visit our Patriarchal Church the Basilica of Hagia Sophia, and you will rest from your journey at the baths of Zeuxippos that located in the northeastern corner of the Hippodrome and close to the Augusteion and the Great Palace.Also, we will have the opportunity to pray together in the Chora Monastery which is built on the sixth hill of Constantinople, nearby the Theodosian wall.

May the manifold blessings of the Lord continue to keep and protect You and all of his faithful under the shadow of His Holy Cross in peace. We pray that God grants you renewing successes, continued health and prosperity in your dedicated service to His Holy Church and your faithful flock.
« Last Edit: 27 November, 2018, 08:50:23 PM by Alexandros Kokkinos »

Aeolos Mavricius

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #6 on: 01 December, 2018, 09:14:54 PM »
At the port of Tripoli the ship Nikephoros finally arrived. After some time I will take new orders from the emperor.

Among the papers, however, was an invitation from my beloved friend and commander in the Tagma ton Athanaton Alexandros . I did not believe it in my eyes, the "old bastard" the sworn bachelor will get married and he invited me to the marriage ceremony and at the feast that will take place in the great Hall of Magnaura.

Finally a good reason to leave this cursed corner of the empire and travel to the most beautiful city of the world, tin Vasilévousa and who knows, perhaps some beautiful Lady of the court may fall in love with me.