Author Topic: (ORP) Ancient books in the Library of Cyrene  (Read 439 times)

Emma Le Chappelle

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Honour: 0
(ORP) Ancient books in the Library of Cyrene
« on: 01 November, 2018, 12:46:53 PM »
Emma took it upon herself to start re-reading all of the ancient books in the Library at Cyrene. The academy itself was recent rebuilt, but many ancient books had been rediscovered, some extremely rare, written in ancient Cyrenic script. Some visiting scholars had also donated parchments and scrolls.

She brought a scroll to her desk and started the laborious task of translation.

Ichtum Theos allenerà. Hosenal Theos

Exists Theos everywhere. Worship Theos or
Theos is eternal. Seek Theos

Only the word Theos had a clear meaning. The other words could be translated in different ways depending on the context.

Emma si incaricò di iniziare a rileggere tutti i libri antichi della Biblioteca di Cirene. La stessa accademia fu ricostruita di recente, ma molti libri antichi erano stati riscoperti, alcuni estremamente rari, scritti in caratteri cirillici antichi. Alcuni studiosi in visita avevano anche donato pergamene e pergamene.

Portò una pergamena sulla sua scrivania e iniziò il laborioso compito di traduzione.

Ichtum Theos allenerà. Teos Hosenal

Esiste Theos ovunque. Culto Theos o
Theos è eterno. Cerca Theos

Solo la parola Theos aveva un chiaro significato. Le altre parole potrebbero essere tradotte in modi diversi a seconda del contesto.
« Last Edit: 01 November, 2018, 01:06:27 PM by Emma Le Chappelle »

Pero Anes

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Carpe Omnium
Re: (ORP) Ancient books in the Library of Cyrene
« Reply #1 on: 01 November, 2018, 01:38:57 PM »
Wise words. Such texts as this could be collect in a scroll. Can you share with us, whenever possible, a holy text? I would like to make a scroll from it.

Pero Anes e Courtney

Vassal of Vexin
Marquis de Vexin and Lord of Yorkshire
Scholar, Emeritus & founder of the Order of the Serpent
Founder of the Ane's Library    
Founding member of the The Merchant's Guild    
Trader, parchment collector & moneylender

Ernesto Strozzi

• General group
  • Luke II, Pontifex of the Holy Theological Church
« Reply #2 on: 06 December, 2018, 04:04:32 PM »
Ernesto went to the academy, intending to study Theology, when he noticed that that Emma and Pero were looking at some old dusty scrolls.

"I'm curious to know why these particular scrolls are of interest", said Ernesto.
Luke II, Pontifex of the Holy Theological Church

Emma Le Chappelle

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #3 on: 21 December, 2018, 05:35:10 PM »
Emma turned and smiled at Father Ernesto.

“I have a number of Theologic texts and some Mystic also. The Mystic scrolls are harder to translate; I will need to visit an Iman for advice.”

She put down the Mystic scrolls and picked up another bundle.

“Be careful with these, the parchment is very old, but they all mention Theos. Would you like to have them copied by a scribe for the Pontifical library? I want the originals back, of course.”

« Last Edit: 21 December, 2018, 05:39:35 PM by Emma Le Chappelle »

Pero Anes

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Carpe Omnium
« Reply #4 on: 23 December, 2018, 02:14:59 PM »
I turned my eyes to Ernesto and greeted him:

Father Ernesto, it is a honor to meet you in person!

And then back to Emma:

Lady Emma,

will you copy a Theological text for me or allow me to copy one of your choosing?

I am a copyist and scroll collector and my personal library (already accessible in Cyrene's market) would be more far-reaching in scope and topics if I could acquire the essential texts from all religions.

« Last Edit: 23 December, 2018, 02:36:57 PM by Pero Anes »
Pero Anes e Courtney

Vassal of Vexin
Marquis de Vexin and Lord of Yorkshire
Scholar, Emeritus & founder of the Order of the Serpent
Founder of the Ane's Library    
Founding member of the The Merchant's Guild    
Trader, parchment collector & moneylender

Anne De Courtney

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Lady Anne De Courtney-Anes, Vassal of York
« Reply #5 on: 04 July, 2019, 01:03:58 PM »
Knowing that her husband had a keen interest in ancient and rare scrolls, Anne decided to review the list of books in the Library of York. She noted that some of the visiting Theological scholars had assembled and copied some of the Theological Sacred Texts and likewise the Mystic scholars, including the Iman of York, being also Academy Director.

Anne found a translation for one of the smaller scroll fragments; it read as follows:

In the First was the Logos, and the Logos was with Theos and the Logos was Theos.
He was in the Beginning with Theos. All things were created through Him and without Him there exists nothing that has been created.
In Him was Life and the Life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it.

(RIP) Adele Reid

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #6 on: 04 August, 2019, 06:57:26 PM »
Having recently been introduced to the Mystical faith, Adele came to the library and asked the librarian for any texts related to Mysticism that she could look at.

Emma Le Chappelle

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #7 on: 04 September, 2019, 10:07:04 AM »
Emma was impressed with the initiative taken by the Grand Duke to sponsor the fresh translation of the Mystic Sacred Texts into English and Italian. There had been long discussions about the true meaning of Mysticism and many new fragments of scrolls had been discovered.

Ezzelino Da Romano

• General group
« Reply #8 on: 05 September, 2019, 12:12:44 AM »
For doing this Ezzelino had set up in Cyrene a course in ancient classical Arabic, where interested parties could participate free of charge.

Anne De Courtney

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Lady Anne De Courtney-Anes, Vassal of York
« Reply #9 on: 07 September, 2019, 11:22:03 AM »
Anne asked her librarian to also begin teaching Arabic in York. Another language to learn! She was already working hard to learn French and Italian  :-\