Author Topic: (ORP) Ancient books in the Library of Cyrene  (Read 78 times)

Emma Le Chappelle

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Honour: 0
(ORP) Ancient books in the Library of Cyrene
« on: 01 November, 2018, 12:46:53 PM »
Emma took it upon herself to start re-reading all of the ancient books in the Library at Cyrene. The academy itself was recent rebuilt, but many ancient books had been rediscovered, some extremely rare, written in ancient Cyrenic script. Some visiting scholars had also donated parchments and scrolls.

She brought a scroll to her desk and started the laborious task of translation.

Ichtum Theos allenerà. Hosenal Theos

Exists Theos everywhere. Worship Theos or
Theos is eternal. Seek Theos

Only the word Theos had a clear meaning. The other words could be translated in different ways depending on the context.

Emma si incaricò di iniziare a rileggere tutti i libri antichi della Biblioteca di Cirene. La stessa accademia fu ricostruita di recente, ma molti libri antichi erano stati riscoperti, alcuni estremamente rari, scritti in caratteri cirillici antichi. Alcuni studiosi in visita avevano anche donato pergamene e pergamene.

Portò una pergamena sulla sua scrivania e iniziò il laborioso compito di traduzione.

Ichtum Theos allenerà. Teos Hosenal

Esiste Theos ovunque. Culto Theos o
Theos è eterno. Cerca Theos

Solo la parola Theos aveva un chiaro significato. Le altre parole potrebbero essere tradotte in modi diversi a seconda del contesto.
« Last Edit: 01 November, 2018, 01:06:27 PM by Emma Le Chappelle »

Pero Anes

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Ad astra per ardua
Re: (ORP) Ancient books in the Library of Cyrene
« Reply #1 on: 01 November, 2018, 01:38:57 PM »
Wise words. Such texts as this could be collect in a scroll. Can you share with us, whenever possible, a holy text? I would like to make a scroll from it.

Pero Anes

Emeritus of the Order of the Serpent

Ernesto Strozzi

• General group
  • Baby Member
Re: (ORP) Ancient books in the Library of Cyrene
« Reply #2 on: 06 December, 2018, 04:04:32 PM »
Ernesto went to the academy, intending to study Theology, when he noticed that that Emma and Pero were looking at some old dusty scrolls.

"I'm curious to know why these particular scrolls are of interest", said Ernesto.