Author Topic: [CRP] The Great Spring Hunt  (Read 1011 times)

Costance D'hauteville

• General group
  • Honour: 0
  • Every day, a great day !
Re: [CRP] The Great Spring Hunt
« Reply #15 on: 16 May, 2018, 11:43:30 PM »
She dismounted giving the reins to the boy and caressing Storm's snout.
A man was approaching her , he was rather tall and had a pleasant countenance and an intelligent and lively eye .
Costance recognized King Richard from Normandy , a man that in his letters wrote with fluency and spirit so that their correspondance was quick and pleasant.

“King Richard , it is a pleasure to meet you . I did not know I was going to find you here.
I hope you enjoyed your travel. Practicality you say ? Well….this is not one of the main male virtues , but I trust you will do your best “
, she said smiling at him.

From the camp came a smell of roasted meat and fresh baked bread and a dog was jumping here and there , cheerfully.
Some voices came from the middle of the camp, one belonged to Lord Berton and another one to a young woman introducing herself to the whole company .
She was delighted to see the young woman was lady Alys , the kind ambassador of the kingdom of Aragone .

“ King Richard , do you already know lady Alys and Lord Berton from Aragone ? I would like to greet them . Would you like to come with me ? “, she asked to the normand king with a smile while other hunters were joining the camp.

Alfred Avalon

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #16 on: 17 May, 2018, 05:34:57 AM »
A voice came from the center of the camp. Alfred looked up and saw a young lady standing on a stump. She had taken the initiative to start the introductions, and that was a fantastic way to start. In her introduction, this lady, Alys, mentioned that she was an ambassador. That made sense to Alfred. This was a great international event, and an ambassador was the one starting things off. He looked forward to making many new connections here, and perhaps even a friend or two.

When Alys finished introducing herself, a Flemish warrior rose to make his introduction. After he finished, Alfred waited for a few moments, to defer to the other guests, but, as none proceeded, Alfred knew it was his turn. “My name is Alfred Avalon, of Lancaster England. Everyone calls me 'Al.' I'm happy to be here, honored to be in such esteemed company, and I look forward to a refreshing hunt in this forest. Best wishes to all the hunters and special thanks to our host.”

Declan d'Aquitaine

• General group
« Reply #17 on: 17 May, 2018, 03:56:17 PM »
One by one the first guests had arrived. A chorus of accents filled the growing encampment. He drank from his leather wineskin to wash away the dust from the road. Exhaling with relief and brushing the wine from his lips as he made his way to those gathered by the fire. Not knowing all of their faces, he knew their banners and he knew their speech.

The first to speak was a woman full of mirth and the energy of youth, Lady Alys. Followed by the tall, Sir Jacob and the polite Alfred of Lancaster.

He decided it was time for his own introduction.

"My Lords and Ladies, Kings and Queens! I thank you all for accepting my humble invitation." He surveyed those gathered. The fire's gleam reflecting in his eyes. "I am Declan and I bid you all welcome."

He addressed the young lady. "I am sorry to have kept you waiting, Duchess Alys." He inclined his head slightly in courtesy. "Travel leaves a man parched. Thank you for starting the introductions, we are very fortunate to have you here, my lady." He smiled as he thanked her before turning to greet the two men.

He went to shake Alfred's hand as he spoke. "Greetings Alfred. Welcome to the Hunt."

Declan extended his hand to Jacob."Greetings Sir Jacob. With luck we will get to see you take down a boar or two." He put a strong hand on the tall man's shoulder and smiled. "Good to have you here. Others will arrive in time and introduce themselves, I am sure."

Pico Della Mirandola

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #18 on: 17 May, 2018, 04:38:21 PM »
Having witnessed the arrival of the host and listened to his eloquent introduction, additional to the earlier three ones, Pico stood up and started talking hoping, by raising it a notch, that his voice would be heard also by the few who were sitting farther
Dear King Declan, Ladies and Gentlemen, greetings.  My name is Pico, Seneschal of the Kingdom of Italy, son of Gianfrancesco I, Lord of Mirandola and Count of Concordia, and Giulia, daughter of Feltrino Boiardo, Count of Scandiano.
I’ve joyfully accepted the invitation to what is my first hunt and am looking forward to meet each of you very distinguished guests and also to testing my skills acquired with years of hard training. I’ve already experienced few fights for my Kingdom – nothing compared to the hundreds won by my father -  and I hope that will serve me well against any wild animal to be encountered.

Deeming his introduction complete, Pico sat down and filled his chalice for one more go at the excellent wine on offer.

Theophilos Katakouzinos

• General group
  • Ο τολμών νικά
« Reply #19 on: 17 May, 2018, 05:23:45 PM »
The long and harsh winter was finally over and after a long time inside the castle it was a great time for an adventure. An invitation for a great hunting event arrived 3 weeks ago in the castle of Athens. A lot of nobles would be there and this could be a great way to meet with old friends and maybe make some new ones. I didn't think about it twice. After organizing the government projects in Athens I sailed for the Kingdom of Aquitane.

The sea trip lasted longer than expected and I arrived late at the meeting point. A lot of the hunters were already there and King, Declan, the hunt organizer, with his knights was there to assist them and to explain the rules of the Sping Hunt. It was late in the afternoon and most of them were gathered by the fire.

"Greetings King, Declan, Lords and Ladies of Europe. I am Theophilos Katakouzinos, King Consort of Jerusalem, Vassal of Athens, Marquis of Galilee, Duke of Methymna and a knight of Lesvos Island. I am sure we will all enjoy this great hunt that king Declan organized and will have a lot to discuss and do during this great event. I will be happy to join a hunting party so if anyone is interested in that let me know. Hunting in groups is always better than hunting alone. "

Daxon Trufyre

• General group
« Reply #20 on: 18 May, 2018, 04:25:19 AM »
Daxon Trufyre, finally able to pull himself away from his duties to the King, rode on a large, muscular black Shire Horse and was fashionably late to the gathering of hunters. He dismounted, seeing his friend Alfred Avalon among them, and smiled as he approached.

"Greetings, my friend. I see you beat me here."

He draped an arm around Alfred and clasped the mans shoulder firmly.

As the previous arrival finished speaking, Daxon approached the King and bowed.

"My liege, I, Daxon Trufyre, Senechal of the Kingdom of England, the Duke of Cornwall have humbly accepted your invitation to the hunt. It is my pleasure to be among such company. I'm hopeful that my first hunt will be memorable."

Declan d'Aquitaine

• General group
« Reply #21 on: 19 May, 2018, 02:26:42 PM »
More guests had arrived and introduced themselves. It was starting to become quite a gathering. All of them fine men and women, respectable and dignified.

Declan walked up to greet the three newest arrivals.

"Greetings Pico Della Mirandola, the Seneschal of Italy is welcome here despite our hostile relations."

"Greetings Daxon. Welcome to the Hunt."

Meeting the Byzantine Duke brought a lot of old memories to the forefront of his mind. "Greetings Duke Theophilos, I am glad you accepted my invitation. Rare is our meeting with Byzantines. I still remember fighting for the defense of Tripoli against a native incursion. We won that day. This was during Thekla." He smiled, catching himself reminiscing about those days. "I hope you will enjoy the Hunt. My kindest regards to your wife." Jerusalem too felt like an age ago. Declan had been to all lands and kingdoms in his time, he felt old now. Not decrepit, just wiser. With that thought he had another drink from the wineskin, savouring the taste of the red liquid found within.

Richard Shelton

• General group
  • Power is always dangerous
« Reply #22 on: 19 May, 2018, 09:30:22 PM »
Richard was visibly anxious ... but the beauty of the Danish Queen was a source of serene happiness for him. He was slowly letting himself be guided by her hand ...

"But certainly your Heightness, it will be a joy to accompany you"
Richard Shelton - Free Norman Kingdom

Costance D'hauteville

• General group
  • Every day, a great day !
« Reply #23 on: 20 May, 2018, 09:01:50 PM »
King Richard seemed a bit anxious .

“ My dear king, don't be so nervous, I shall not allow you to perish in the forest “ , she amiably teased him .

He had agreed to excort her to greet the other friends and hosts. She preceded him softly and carried him to the little group around lady Alys , the first one to have introduced herself.

Costance greeted the lady ambassador of Aragone and Lord Berton, introducing them King Richard, then she took the floor to present herself to the rest of the guests.

She looked at their host first , a king by steady and composed manners .

“First of all, thank you King Declan. We are much obliged to you for this pleasant event “, she said.

“I am Costance d' Hauteville, Queen of Denmark,  and I am very pleased to share with all of you this agreeable experience . I have been taught archery since my childhood . I don't use the bow for a while but I do my best “, she continued, smiling to the little assembly .

Some refreshments were brought and gaiety and good humour prevailed.
She offered a cup of wine to King Richard observing he seemed quieter, now :

“ A deep breath , Your Majesty , and your tumbling thoughts will stop drinking this wine “ , she told him with a warm smile on her face, sipping the famous wine of Aquitaine .

Daxon Trufyre

• General group
« Reply #24 on: 21 May, 2018, 04:03:59 AM »
Daxon, who felt like he had made a fool of himself in front of King Declan and the other members of Royalty at the gathering, knew how to party, however.

He anxiously awaited the start of the hunt, but while people were getting introduced to one another, he thought, "What better way to do that than with a song in the air?"

As the refreshments were given out and conversations sprang up around him, he walked back to his shire horse and, undoing his saddle pack, produced a mahogany carved lute. He strummed a few chords then softly played a lively tune to further enlighten the festivities.

(RIP) Alys D'gris

• General group
« Reply #25 on: 22 May, 2018, 06:55:38 PM »
A delicate blush stained her cheeks for a moment as she realized that in her eagerness she might have overstepped her bounds. Alys started to offer an apology, but others stepped up and so the moment passed. When time allowed she would tended such an apology. She lifted her face to the cool wind and took another sip of wine to help calm herself as she listened and took note of the names.

When Costance approached she greeted her with a warm and sincere smile "It is such a pleasure to finally meet face to face after so long a correspondence!" Alys gave the Queen a curtsey, which was her due, than followed that up by a the hug that was more often her trademark greeting. She listened politely as the Queen of Denmark introduced herself to the Company then turned her attention to Richard.

"You Majesty, it is an honor to make your acquaintance." Her voice was a bit more formal as she also gave him a curtsey. This after all was a first meeting, and there was a certain formality about it. However any chance of cold formalness was destroyed by the warm in her voice, and the merriment dancing in her clear blue green eyes.

Then music filled the air and she gave Daxon a smile as her foot started tapping to the lively song her played. It seemed difficult for her to contain her energy and to stay in one place for long, but she patiently did so.
Alys d'Gris
Duchess of Valencia
Ambassador of Aragona

Berton Berton

• General group
« Reply #26 on: 22 May, 2018, 07:51:17 PM »
Berton was going to greet Queen Constance and the kings when someone started to play a lute.
He too sometimes attempted to play, with poor results. Recalling an old exhibition in presence of the same lady, he blushed a bit and bowed silently.

Richard Shelton

• General group
  • Power is always dangerous
« Reply #27 on: 23 May, 2018, 10:16:11 PM »
The group was splendid.
Queen Constance presented Richard to the other participants and finally managed to calm her anxiety.
Yes, Richard thought, no doubt she must be his hunting partner.
As they walked toward the fire, Richard asked:
"Majesty, would you do me the honor of hunting together? With you, I don't know why, I feel at home"

Just arrived around the fire , the Duchess Alys gave the welcome to Richard.
"Please, Duchess, honor is all mine".

And so, to the left of the noblewoman, the warlord Berton stood proud.
A lute now accompanied the voice of Richard and everyone present.

"Lord Berton, please accept my tributes"
and as he finished speaking the words a shimmering gold brooch depicting a hawk now sticking into the hands of King Richard.

"Please accept this gift as a sign of respect and memory of our last battle meeting, unfortunately history sees us in opposing factions, but I hope not today."

"As a sign of respect". He finished these words and shouted out loud ...
"And now, let's drink! Long life to King Declan"

And he threw a deep bow in his direction.
The gold brooch of the house Shelton rests on the King's left shoulder, and the rubies instead of the golden dragon's eyes, watched the fire with passion.
Richard Shelton - Free Norman Kingdom

Jacob Van Teylingen

• General group
« Reply #28 on: 24 May, 2018, 12:23:07 AM »
Jacob listened to the  conversations and introductions around him. He observed and automatically analyzed everyone gathered in the camp, trying to judge who was the better hunter and who could be good company. Jacob wasn’t sure yet if he would try hunting on his own or in a party.

He already noticed a man walking into the camp on foot, alone. The man looked like he could learn Jacob a thing or two about hunting. Might be worthwhile to have at least a talk with this man.

The Seneschal of Italy could be good company. The cases of Italian wine the man had unloaded didn’t go unnoticed...

Jacob wasn’t sure Duke Daxon’s great skills with his lute would be useful during the hunt, but it was great to have around a campfire.

Because Jacob was absorbed in thoughts he got startled a bit by the loud words of King Richard.
Jacob immediately raised his chalice and repeated King Richard’s words “Long life to King Declan”
And yes, let us drink…

Pierre Du Vallon

• General group
« Reply #29 on: 24 May, 2018, 10:59:30 AM »
Lord du Vallon could see that as he mingled with the various guests around him, many more were arriving.  Lords, and Ladies, Kings and Queens from throughout Europe.

One of the first people, Pierre saw and approached was an old acquaintance, Warlord Berton.  Having first met him on the battlefield what seemed like ages ago, was glad to see him in good spirits.  Pierre held with honor that while mercenaries had mostly been ‘officially’ eliminated nationwide, he still held a membership as part of the Papal Guards, which Lord Berton had established.  This was a man whom he held with great respect.

It was then suddenly that one of the guests stood upon a stump and started the introductions.  Wondering who this brave woman was, took but a second, Lady D’gris.  Pierre noticed her confidence, joyful attitude, and pleasant sounding voice.  Without saying a word, Lord du Vallon smiled deeply.  For in recalling back, the last time he had heard word of this fair Lady times were not so good. Amidst a conflict with her husband and his eventual passing, word was she had fallen on very hard times.  As a friend of her former husband, he had wanted to help, but being that back then he was merely a  Baron or newly appointed Viscount it would likely have appeared inappropriate. It gave Lord du Vallon great happiness at seeing that the Lady appeared well, in grand spirits , and from her introduction apparently had a noteworthy title and the role of ambassador.

Lord Pierre du Vallon listened as many more people followed suit and began introductions.
Soon even the host- Declan the King of Aquitaine made his appearance and gave his introduction.
Holding off on his own formal introduction, Pierre did not want to appear insulting and cut off some King or Queen of note.  However, with time one gentleman took out a lute and began to play.

Cheers were then given to the host- of which Pierre heartily joined in.  Lightly thumping a hand on a nearby wooden table as the joyous shouts rang out.

Seeing a brief break in the cheering appeared, he realized that there was no better moment than the present.  Taking a item wrapped in leather from one of his bags he carefully approached the host of the Spring Hunt, and in a deep voice began;

Lord Declan, King of Aquitaine
It is a pleasure to meet you
(Bowing low before the King)
I am Pierre du Vallon, the Count de la Roche
The Constable of France and Captain of her Royal Majesty’s Guards

It is an honor to be invited to such a splendid event.
Then removing the leather wrapping, Pierre held up before his host a finely crafted hunting knife featuring an elk bone handle.
My gift to you! As the host of this great gathering with the sincerest hope that it be a good and bountiful hunt. I present a blade made by my own hand at my home forge, may it serve you well.