Author Topic: Leaving Cairo  (Read 365 times)

Ernesto Strozzi

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Honour: 0
Leaving Cairo
« on: 21 March, 2018, 09:14:18 AM »
 Ernesto began to sense that Teos was leading him back to  Jerusalem, his place of birth. He had visited Cairo for gold-mining and then bought a Herbalist shop, but now everything had changed. It was time to sell his house and workshop. Although on a tight schedule to grow Mulberry leaves for the market, he took a ship from Bursa to Cairo just after sowing the latest round of crops in Kutahya. He prayed for favorable winds, for a swift and safe journey across the Mediterranean Sea. He knew that he needed to have everything ready for his move back to Jerusalem.
« Last Edit: 29 June, 2018, 07:03:21 PM by Ernesto Strozzi »

Ernesto Strozzi

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Honour: 0
Re: Leaving Cairo
« Reply #1 on: 01 July, 2018, 05:33:01 PM »
When Ernesto arrived at this house and workshop in Cairo, he was greeted by two of father's younger servants. "Greetings Mr. Ernesto Sir, I am Fabio, nephew of the Lord Roberto's butler and this is my wife Lucia. Your brother Mr. Valentino, having heard of your planned move back to Jerusalem, sent us to help you pack. As you can see, everything is ready."

"Greetings, Fabio and Lucia, with your help I will be able to get back to my plantation much sooner. I have another three weeks of sowing and harvesting ahead. We can send the goods onto Jerusalem, but I need to make a brief stay in Athena on the way back to Kutayha. Will you travel with me?"

"To be honest Sir, I was rather hoping you would ask, this is our first time to travel outside of Lucca, and we would like to see more of the world".

Ernesto took the title deeds back to the Castle while his servants emptied the contents of both the house and workshop into the cart. Since he wanted a quick sale, he took the loss in value, rather than putting the workshop on the open market.

As the ship left, he looked back wistfully at the shores of Cairo. It all happened so quickly in the end. One phase of his life ended and another one about to begin!
« Last Edit: 01 July, 2018, 05:34:59 PM by Ernesto Strozzi »