Author Topic: [closed] BANISHMENT FOR HIGH TREASON  (Read 669 times)

Richard Shelton

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Honour: 0
  • Power is always dangerous
[closed] BANISHMENT FOR HIGH TREASON
« on: 21 September, 2017, 01:57:31 PM »
Start the trial

Prosecutor: Ragnar Lothbrok, Guard Captain of Avranches
Defendants: 

Roberto Alfaro
Jakob Djævelen
Yahbulon Raphaël
Guts Berserk
Natasha Kerensky
Philip Gaelin
Angel Alfar
Aedyn Brennan

Judge: Richard Shelton.

I ask if Ragnar and defendants want to appoint an Attorney (Defense) or a Barrister (Prosecution).

Thanks

« Last Edit: 09 October, 2017, 02:35:59 PM by CrazyToe »
Richard Shelton - Free Norman Kingdom

Ragnar Lothbrok

• General group
  • Baby Member
Re: BANISHMENT FOR HIGH TREASON
« Reply #1 on: 22 September, 2017, 12:11:19 PM »
Good morning Your Honor!

Defendants are guilty of hight treason and are enemies of the Royal Crown of Normandy and His King Braveheart Wallace, God bless him.
They are also guilty of ignoring the law and are Norman citizens yet.

Here the laws and tests

« Last Edit: 22 September, 2017, 03:38:06 PM by Ragnar Lothbrok »

Richard Shelton

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #2 on: 22 September, 2017, 12:39:31 PM »
Looking over the evidence given by the prosecutor and filing them with his other papers the judge announces the word is now given to  the defendants or them attorney.

Richard Shelton

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #3 on: 23 September, 2017, 01:45:09 PM »
And since he had no further questions at this time he gave a slight nod with the head in the direction of prosecutor Lothbrok, who after the words "go on with the Trial" once again came forward

Ragnar Lothbrok

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #4 on: 24 September, 2017, 11:11:10 AM »
Your Honor!
I therefore urge to proceed without further delay and to severely punish in an exemplary manner the conduct of defendants who has so blatantly and ostentatiously violated our laws.
I ask for a punishment according to the provisions of Norman Law 5: Act of treason with the maximum fine provided for crimes related to that category -Capital Offence-, that is 3 days of imprisonment and 1000sc fine.

Richard Shelton

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #5 on: 25 September, 2017, 01:57:04 PM »
 the judge gave the word for the final time to the defence.

Richard Shelton

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #6 on: 26 September, 2017, 03:54:09 PM »
After having listened to both sides the judge looked over his papers one last time before looking at the defendant.

"You,

Roberto Alfaro
Jakob Djævelen
Yahbulon Raphaël
Guts Berserk
Natasha Kerensky
Philip Gaelin
Angel Alfar
Aedyn Brennan

have not disputed the accusations against you and furthermore already indicated that you will continue to disregard the laws of the kingdom of Normandy.
This leaves me no other choice then to find you guilty and sentence that you pay a fine of 1000 silver coins to kingdom and 3 days in prisons. This is my decision.

Captain, lake away the defendants and make sure that my sentence is respected."

Jakob Djævelen

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #7 on: 27 September, 2017, 12:18:13 AM »
As much as I'd like to be laked away, :P...

Unfortunately neither I, nor any of my compatriots were aware of this trial (or the other trial). Under lawful circumstances the Judge would have notified us of these trials and about our right to defend ourselves at the start of the trial. I have double checked my in-box of scrolls and have also asked the others to do the same. No one was in fact notified of anything but a steady stream of new laws coming on the books in Normandy. There has been no mention of trials.

I would respectively ask for this trial to be declared a mistrial and new trials started immediately. I will then act as Defense in all trials for the defendants.

I would also ask that the Guard Captain release both Roberto Chong and Aedyn Brennan who have been taken and remitted to the Prison d'Avranches, against their will and without a legal trial or cause.

Thank you in advance,

Jakob Djævelen
Red Dragon of Avranches
Appointed Defense Barrister
« Last Edit: 27 September, 2017, 12:20:18 AM by Jakob Djævelen »

Jakob Djævelen

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #8 on: 28 September, 2017, 10:12:22 PM »
James looked around at the suddenly empty courtroom, "It's strange that no one is answering" he thought to himself. He then logically determined that the Court may not be aware of his presence here. "I should be sure and write them a scroll which alerts them of this", he then thought, yes that would be the right thing to do... :o

CrazyToe

• General group
  • Admin's little toe
« Reply #9 on: 29 September, 2017, 10:42:01 AM »
Unfortunately neither I, nor any of my compatriots were aware of this trial (or the other trial). Under lawful circumstances the Judge would have notified us of these trials and about our right to defend ourselves at the start of the trial. I have double checked my in-box of scrolls and have also asked the others to do the same. No one was in fact notified of anything but a steady stream of new laws coming on the books in Normandy. There has been no mention of trials.

I would respectively ask for this trial to be declared a mistrial and new trials started immediately. I will then act as Defense in all trials for the defendants.

I would also ask that the Guard Captain release both Roberto Chong and Aedyn Brennan who have been taken and remitted to the Prison d'Avranches, against their will and without a legal trial or cause.

Thank you in advance,

Jakob Djævelen
Red Dragon of Avranches
Appointed Defense Barrister

In case the accused were not notified, this trial is void. So I have to agree to Jakob's words.
If the accused have been notified, I am sure the judge can present screenshorts?
>>> please follow and keep in mind the forum and communication rules <<<
>>> helpfull FAQ can be found here <<<
>>> guidelines for suggestions <<<

Richard Shelton

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #10 on: 29 September, 2017, 02:11:58 PM »
Goodmorning everyone,
no, I can not submit screenshots because the accusation made a mistake and for that my apologize. Needless to open a new process as the outcome would be taken.

Roberto Alfaro is already a thief not only in Normandy and here the evidence, unworthy of wearing a crown and driving a nation. However, to apologize, we will give to the defendanrs 48h of time to leave Normandy and change citizenship as required by law and the following message ignored by the defendants.
Otherwise, I will open a new procedure and I'll personally take care that there are no mistakes.

https://rpforum.medieval-europe.eu/index.php?topic=6394.0

[...] Roberto Alfaro was fired from his ecclesiastical office for embezzling more than 7500 silver coins and huge amount of resources, using the Archbishop's Palace as its warehouse staff. Here is a portion of the evidence[...]

Now, as Crown Prince, Constable, Chancellor, Seneschal and Ambassador of Kingdom of Normandy,
I hope no one can stand in defense of such a slimy individual. Now, who is in bad faith?

Thank you, I wish everyone the best.

Jakob Djævelen

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #11 on: 29 September, 2017, 02:41:49 PM »
Judge Shelton, you are displaying evidence from 5 years ago in 1312, well before King Roberto *peacefully* ascended to the throne of Normandy. I fail to see how this has ANY bearing whatsoever on the current charges of High Treason. Clearly a new trial is in order, and I will again request the release of both King Roberto and Lord Aedyn Brennan from the prison of Avranches immediately.

Additionally, if you wish to prosecute multiple defendants at once you should hold a trial for each defendant separately rather than as a group so that each defendant has a chance to defend themselves.

« Last Edit: 29 September, 2017, 02:48:40 PM by Jakob Djævelen »

Alexander VII

• General group
  • Honour: 1
  • When sinking, PRAY! -While good hands bail water!
« Reply #12 on: 30 September, 2017, 10:24:15 PM »

To His Highness, Judge Richard Shelton,

Prince, in your eagerness to produce cause for discrediting the named defendants you have traversed into materials of the church without consent. Any implication that Normandy may exact the punishment of this past transgression is a misappropriation of the church authority. It  is not for the courts of Normandy to enact righteous disciplines in the recorded offense as it was already addressed by the church with no known standing request made for civil authority to extend that justice. The church is also about redemption. The concept that you feel empowered to apply laws and  events coming from a time and from officials dated prior to the assumption of your authority and even of your Norman citizenship is not a shining example of Justice.

You and your partisans have gained the win in Normandy and have the rights now to Banish these citizens and apply your own laws, but would it not also be wiser and more dignified to not presume to apply laws created by other hands before the achievement of your authority; or in this example beyond the kingdom? Such actions are a misappropriation and even a crutch that borrows upon the dignity and authority of others who came before, those who your New Normans labeled unjust and incompetent. They do not speak of the glory of the reign you have just begun. By your own words, such matters were tainted before you and your rebellion, so beginning and building on such as a foundation will only taint the new kingdom, yes?

The Holy See denies the kingdom of Normandy any rights to apply church evidence in the civil cases you have created.
  We, in respect of your Kingdom and authority of the Crown, will make a formal request if we wish your monarch and your office to prosecute on our behalf.
 We and Our Holy Office will request you do the same before using church records in the future cases you bring against anyone.

"vitam aeternam, fides aeternam, actio semper"
~Alexander VII~

Summus Pontifex - Theological Church,
Comte de Reims,
Master of theology of Ancient Theological Church

Faith Defines All Things; their remembrances clearly defined make them living custom.

Jakob Djævelen

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #13 on: 03 October, 2017, 07:46:24 PM »
Seeing as the Judge Shelton seems to have lost his position, I thought it proper to make this announcement for the Court:

I am happy to report that as of this day 3 October 1317, both King Roberto and Lord Aedyn Brennan have been released from prison and the current government of Normandy has compensated them 2,000 silver coins each for their regrettable and unlawful imprisonment.

Thus ends this trial with the defendants free and clear of all charges.

Thank you,

Jakob Djævelen
Barrister

« Last Edit: 03 October, 2017, 07:52:23 PM by Jakob Djævelen »

CrazyToe

• General group
  • Admin's little toe
« Reply #14 on: 09 October, 2017, 02:33:54 PM »
Goodmorning everyone,
no, I can not submit screenshots because the accusation made a mistake and for that my apologize. Needless to open a new process as the outcome would be taken.

trial closed
>>> please follow and keep in mind the forum and communication rules <<<
>>> helpfull FAQ can be found here <<<
>>> guidelines for suggestions <<<