Author Topic: Revolt in Normandy  (Read 1909 times)

Jakob Djævelen

• General group
  • Honour: 0
Revolt in Normandy
« on: 15 September, 2017, 02:36:30 PM »
Greetings,

By now you have heard the news of Mr. Wallace's revolt in Normandy. In a mass message to Norman citizens Mr. Wallace has attempted to curry favor with honest Norman's by invoking the names of all of the foreign countries which support him. This is the list:

Venice, Rome, Italy, Ireland, Boemia

I would ask representatives of these nations to either confirm or deny this allegation. Is your government actively working to support a revolt in Normandy? Or dors Mr. Wallace have delusions of grandeur? I will message each Regent privately and alert them to this communication. Thus this message will not be missed. We would like to hear from you.

Thank you,

Jakob
GC Avranches

Eddard Stark

• General group
Re: Revolt in Normandy
« Reply #1 on: 15 September, 2017, 04:34:04 PM »
;D ;D ;D I am pretty sure my big sister (queen of Italy) doesn't even know the guy you mentioned about :P I just found it hilarious so couldn't wait to reply :P anyway, I hope you will get response from her when she's not that busy.
Eddard Stark

Jakob Djævelen

• General group
« Reply #2 on: 15 September, 2017, 04:47:13 PM »
Hi Eddard!

Yes she has replied to me in private that she has never even heard of Braveheart Wallace, lol. I was hoping she would reply here as well.:)

Thank you,

Jakob

EDIT: The King of Venice assures me he does not know the man either.
« Last Edit: 15 September, 2017, 07:54:25 PM by Jakob Djævelen »

Vlad Staurov

• General group
« Reply #3 on: 15 September, 2017, 09:47:15 PM »
Hello all,

At the moment I can say, I am deffinetly not supporting that rebelion.
I hadnt any trade, any message or any donation to people from Normandy.
But I think one of my friends is involved in that rebelion. I have lot of friends ... sometimes it make troubles :)
I will ask him about it.

Till yet no ene asked me and Mr. Wallace newer wrote me. I dont know the man.
So I am a little angry, that they mentioned me as supporter. Because I am not supporting it.

Isabella Este

• General group
  • Honour: 1
« Reply #4 on: 15 September, 2017, 10:52:31 PM »
As Queen of the Kingdom of Italy publicly I declare that I don’t know this Braveheart Wallace is, nor  I ever had any relationship with him or I never gave my support for a revolt against King Roberto Alfaro.

I see from her identity card that was born in Siena many years ago when Siena was an enemy of Urbino, so I think he still wants to take revenge on past events. I wonder what he has done in these long years when no one has ever heard of him since in 1314 when he was interested in horses, banks and osterias…

And I am even stronger  interested in knowing how he could say that the Kingdom of Italy supports his revolt when it is just a big lie.

In Italy, jokes are made in Carnival, but perhaps in Normandy in September?  ::)

I'm very angry

" Il mio segreto è una memoria che agisce a volte per terribilità"

Willhelm Tell

• General group
« Reply #5 on: 16 September, 2017, 12:32:34 AM »
Jakod Daevelon I think it's very funny that you can trust a message like that, it's clearly a message which wants to instill fear in loyalist armies :) now people can see that you don't trust your allies if you thought that they could support a revolt against you ... or at least, you don't know your allies well, so the question should be, why are they your allies if you don't know them ?

Anyway, my actual problem is ... why are you using your power to steal goods ? Federica Boccaccio add at the market mulberries to a price of 1.5 each, respecting the law. But you took her mulberries saying that she wasn't respecting the law 4b, and that's completely wrong.
So, I think it's ridiculous to send a message - not you (Jakob) but the king Alfaro (bu still your actual government) - talking about honor and justice and unfairness of a revolt ... when one of the noblemen is going against the law. Where is justice here ? And fairness ?

Giovanni Soranzo

• General group
« Reply #6 on: 16 September, 2017, 01:03:15 AM »
Greetings to everyone, I come home now and find time to respond to these statements.

Wallace is a former inhabitant of Venice from the Iberian peninsula, and I knew him as a citizen of the Republic and I would never have expected such behavior.
That said, I deny that Venice supports the rebellion.

I'm not glad to use the name of my kingdom and that of my friends to be scared.

Gracia Mendoza

• General group
« Reply #7 on: 16 September, 2017, 01:23:24 AM »

Wallace was indeed living for a short time in Castilla and León , where he moved without  written consent of the Regent, and changed citizenship without permission.

He was sick with plague and did not  inform anybody, and did not ask for a cure.  It was the time of the 1316 Great Plague and I had become a cleric to help my kingdom, which had lost its clergy.

I realiced he was ill and of course I healed him to avoid further contagion. I  still don´t know if his behaviour was negligence or malevolence.

15-Apr-1316, 00:25:12    You started curing Braveheart Wallace.
                                      15-Apr-1316, 03:48:01   You have completed treatment. Braveheart Wallace is now cured.

Then, the same way he came, he left.

Gualtieri Colapesce

• General group
  • Vina dant animos
« Reply #8 on: 16 September, 2017, 01:25:58 AM »
I talk in the name of Senate of Roma.

We don't know Wallace.

We don't support the rebellion.

Fionn Mac Cumhaill

• General group
« Reply #9 on: 16 September, 2017, 03:13:16 AM »
We do not support the revolt in Normandy. A rumor linking our nation to this is completely untrue.

Fionn Mac Cumhaill, Baron of Allen
Ambassador and Prince of Ireland

Jakob Djævelen

• General group
« Reply #10 on: 16 September, 2017, 04:00:01 AM »
Jakod Daevelon I think it's very funny that you can trust a message like that, it's clearly a message which wants to instill fear in loyalist armies :) now people can see that you don't trust your allies if you thought that they could support a revolt against you ... or at least, you don't know your allies well, so the question should be, why are they your allies if you don't know them ?

I won't bother answering your bluster here, it's just ridiculous.

Anyway, my actual problem is ... why are you using your power to steal goods ? Federica Boccaccio add at the market mulberries to a price of 1.5 each, respecting the law. But you took her mulberries saying that she wasn't respecting the law 4b, and that's completely wrong.
So, I think it's ridiculous to send a message - not you (Jakob) but the king Alfaro (bu still your actual government) - talking about honor and justice and unfairness of a revolt ... when one of the noblemen is going against the law. Where is justice here ? And fairness ?

The law is 1.25 not 1.5, Federica's Mulberries were posted at 1.58 regardless. I was well within my rights to confiscate them. I of course collected evidence before doing so. Funny that you complain about this when you complained to the King previously that the prices were too high for basic goods and we needed more laws. :)

(RIP) Alexander VII

• General group
  • Honour: 1
  • When sinking, PRAY! -While good hands bail water!
« Reply #11 on: 16 September, 2017, 06:14:35 AM »
(RP ON...as this is the International RP section.)

His Holiness received a letter from the Papa Secretary. It was adressed from the Guard Captain at the Norman capital city in Avranche. His first thoughts were that the guard captain had wanted to correspond about the new parish church that was recently constructed in the Norman capital and who the new priest would be. As soon as the scribe had handed the parchment to him he read it avidly.

Greetings,

By now you have heard the news of Mr. Wallace's revolt in Normandy. In a mass message to Norman citizens Mr. Wallace has attempted to curry favor with honest Norman's by invoking the names of all of the foreign countries which support him. This is the list:

Venice, Rome, Italy, Ireland, Boemia

I would ask representatives of these nations to either confirm or deny this allegation. Is your government actively working to support a revolt in Normandy? Or dors Mr. Wallace have delusions of grandeur? I will message each Regent privately and alert them to this communication. Thus this message will not be missed. We would like to hear from you.

Thank you,

Jakob
GC Avranches

Most certainly the message did not have any of the usual flair and eloquence that the Sumus Pontifex usually observed in his letters from outside Rome but on this occasion Alexander VII understood how upset Commander Djævelen must be in the face of the revolutionary propaganda. In consideration of that concern and the risk the Commander faced a reply was penned just as hastily from the Holy See.

Open Letter from the Holy See of the Ancient Theological Church
City of Rome
By the Will of Sumus Pontifex Alexander, seventh by that name

Guard Captain, Jakob Djævelen, we send the blessings and greetings of the Almighty Teos to you and your people. The recent events you have explained in your letter are troublesome, as is the proclamation of a revolt by the rebellious citizens who appear unable to adjust to the Norman manner of living. We are praying that the peace of Teos descend upon your kingdom in its full glory and heal these fresh wounds against the Tenets of Our faith and some of our newest followers. The motivations behind the proclamation are multitude and in all manner divisive. They wish to divide the Norman people and the Norman diplomacy from her partners and sow resentment over what may have been ancient disagreements between faiths and kingdoms; disagreements that have already healed, though these forked tongue rebels hope to open the scars.

We willingly say to you that no matter of Normandy was discussed or even decided in our presence within the Roman Senate, so it is highly unlikely that the accusations against the Republic can be called true. If they were true then the idea of a Republic which has open voting would have to be invalidated . That is a thing that could not be done quietly, or with any chance of occurrence at all from some outside influence. We hereby state that we believe the remarks regarding Rome are clearly false, though it is certainly the duty of the ambassadors and the Consul of the Republic to confirm the position of the State.

We also announce plainly that the church does not coordinate, collaborate, or support rebellious movements. In all instances of rebellion the church stands only to care for the injured and displaced persons who call upon us for healing and succor. It is our only hope and desire to display the love of Teos for His people and to spread the teachings of The Master and Savior Immanuelle. Any implications that the Holy See of Rome, in the name of the Ancient Theological church, supports a revolution are simple demagoguery to promote distrust of the institutions of the Kingdoms and the Institution of the Holy Mother Church.   

All the Norman people, be assured that I am officially announcing to you here and now that the Ancient Theological Church will have clergy and resources there to aide you in the time of troubles you are now facing. Please pass that message along to them, Commander Djævelen.

"vitam aeternam, fides aeternam, actio semper"
~Alexander VII~

Summus Pontifex - Theological Church,
Comte de Reims,
Master of theology of Ancient Theological Church

Faith Defines All Things; their remembrances clearly defined make them living custom.

Jakob Djævelen

• General group
« Reply #12 on: 16 September, 2017, 04:16:11 PM »
Mr. Tell you need to try to not take yourself so seriously. Mr. Wallace wrote a piece of propaganda filled with lies. I simply publicly proved his message false as is my duty. I am not sure why this upsets you so.

Finally as for Miss Federica's deep concern over her 33 mulberries which were confiscated. I know it must be hard for her to continue living without those 33 mulberries so I will make this offer. I will happily return her mulberries along with the full price in silver in which she was selling them. All she has to do is to stay away from the battlefield tomorrow to show her good faith. Easy!

Good luck!

« Last Edit: 16 September, 2017, 04:51:13 PM by Jakob Djævelen »

(RIP) Federica Boccaccio

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #13 on: 16 September, 2017, 04:58:50 PM »
Sir Jakob
Miss Federica Boccaccio lives well even without the 33 mulberries.
The disadvantage is that you want to enforce laws when you are the first to disobey them.
I do not need confiscated mulberries, I do not need coins.
As for the battlefield, good faith of what ?? I did not do anything wrong and I do not have to prove anything.

If you make this tricks....for keep us out of battlefields.....you are wrong. It's treating other paesant like servants that cause revolt..

And with that I closed.
Good day  :)

« Last Edit: 16 September, 2017, 05:11:27 PM by Federica Boccaccio »

Jakob Djævelen

• General group
« Reply #14 on: 16 September, 2017, 06:20:46 PM »
Your revolt has been planned from the very day you were born just over 30 days ago, or more likely some time before that. Nothing I could say or do would change this fact. Do I selectively administer justice on our citizens? Yes I do, those who are not actively planning to overthrow the King may place their goods on the market at any price they feel those goods will sell and make them profit. Those who wish to overthrow the King may not, they must follow the letter of the law. It's really quite simple and logical.

We will meet Upon the ramparts of the Palace. You outnumber us with your 30-day Army, considerably in fact. We will fight anyway to the best of our abilities. Though we are enemies I will still wish you luck.

Regards,

Jakob