Author Topic: Invitation to Tea  (Read 697 times)

(RIP) Aria De Oscura

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Honour: 0
  • Vassal of Valencia
Invitation to Tea
« on: 24 August, 2017, 02:05:54 PM »
Morning. Rays of sunshine fell upon her fair features, rising her from deep slumber. The doors opened, a servant girl invaded her chambers and begun the cleaning routine.

"Breakfast, m'lady?"

"Of course, Gabriella. I'll be ready after I finish my morning prayer." She yawned and arose, fiddling with her hair and enshrouding herself in silk robes, slowly heading out to the balcony. She looked upon Burgos, as she did every morning since her arrival. The city was beautiful, and reminiscant of a home she missed dearly. She sat on a bench, crossed herself and then kneeled, and the prayer begun. Our Lord Theos Almighty, I humbly ask for strength and wisdom and guidance in the coming days...

Gabriella returned with the breakfast platter and helped her dress. Cloth was worn, hair brushed. The servant girl was dispatched with a sealed letter meant for Lady Gracia Mendoza, a notification of arrival as Aria sat down to eat. Once finished and ready, she took to the city streets where she walked among both the noble and commoner. She admired the lavish architecture of the city as she mingled with the masses. How I miss my home; I must return soon.

A courier bearing Aragonese colours - the royal red and yellow - made his way swiftly through the crowd, dropping to a knee before her once found. "M'lady Chancellor, this is from his royal majesty, King Borgia." He held up a letter bearing the royal seal of the Crown of Aragon.

As a matter of habit, she opened it immediately instead of waiting to be back in her chambers first. Her eyes danced across the parchment rather swiftly. Once done, she looked upon the servant. "Make certain this is taken to my chambers. Speak to no one, wait there while I come back." As per her command, the courier darted back through the crowd, and Aria continued her stroll towards Lady Mendoza's home.

She came before the gates and stood amazed at the grand beauty of it. The servants smiled as they recognized her.

"Lady Mendoza is expecting your arrival."

They let her in and showed the way to the garden - a beautiful grove of verdant marvel. She sat herself upon the bench and observed a bush of wonderful red roses. A single bud caught her gaze, one of stronger colour than others. "Even nature has found a way to safeguard such beauty with thorns." It reminded her of something she heard from a servant girl washing clothes in the town square while she was passing by. They spoke of the Lord's Wrath spreading now through the East. Soldiers of Theos supposedly began to destroy the heathen temples. They also spoke of rumours of a massacre in one of the temples in Jerusalem. The thought of devoted servants of any faith slaughtered while in prayer seem to bother her, but she prayed for the salvation of their misguided souls.

Her thoughts were disrupted by the sound of approaching footsteps...
Dominus vobiscum

Chancellor of the Most Holy Kingdom of Aragon
Vassal of Valencia
Aria De Oscura

(RIP) Aria De Oscura

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Vassal of Valencia
Re: Invitation to Tea
« Reply #1 on: 01 September, 2017, 02:35:09 PM »
She waited in the gardens, admiring the finely cultivated flora. Her train of thought was one more interrupted by the sudden arrival of a courier, the one from earlier today, garbed in the royal colours of Aragon - blood and gold.

"M'lady, urgent news."

A sealed letter he passed to her, the contents of which her eyes devoured swiftly. Once again she was called to duty, and once more she would obey. As unfortunate as it was, she'd have to refuse the good countess Mendoza a second time. In haste she strode out of the garden and away from the mansion. The bottles of wine were handed to the servants, so as the gift may reach her host regardless. To the package was attached a note.

My good friend, I hope that you will forgive me. I've received news of importance from the king and must ride with haste to Valencia. Soon you shall know why.

Aria headed straight for the harbour, not even stopping by her chambers to collect her belongings - they would be brought to Valencia later.
Three large ships flying the colours of Aragon were docked there, and she moved swiftly towards the largest of the vessels, immediately seeking out its captain. "Set sail, Gaston! Make haste towards Valencia."

"The skies are dark, m'lady. The sea will be restless. It would be smart if we waited a while," the man said in a thick French accent.

"Now, Gaston." She descended into her chambers, not awaiting a reply.
Dominus vobiscum

Chancellor of the Most Holy Kingdom of Aragon
Vassal of Valencia
Aria De Oscura

Gracia Mendoza

• General group
« Reply #2 on: 04 September, 2017, 02:20:02 AM »
 Gracia came down from her studio to the garden to meet her visitor and friend, the Honorable Chancellor of Aragón, Lady Aria.

She had instructed the servants to call her inmediately after Lady Aria had arrived and to lead her to the inner garden. Gracia also wanted a maid to stay with Lady Aria until she joined them.

The young maid was now running out of the garden and almost bumped into Gracia.

"¡Mi Señora, doña Gracia! Excuse me, I was running to inform you that two minutes ago, Lady Aria´s curier brought her a sealed scroll, and after she read it, she gave this present for you with this note and said she had to leave."

"Thank you dear" Gracia answered. She read the note and sighed. Duty goes first. That is something Gracia understood well. What could have happened that made the Chancellor of Aragón leave in a rush?

Gracia looked around. A sudden wind had arisen...some dark clouds were aproaching from the north.

"Oh, no," she thought, "the weather has changed. Summer has gone"

This meant that Lady Aria could find strong dangerouse winds and maybe a storm while sailing back to Valencia, specially in the northern coast. Gracia felt very concerned about this trip. She had to wait for news. Meanwhile she prayed Theos to protect Lady Aria and her crew.

« Last Edit: 06 September, 2017, 01:28:02 AM by Gracia Mendoza »

Gracia Mendoza

• General group
« Reply #3 on: 24 December, 2017, 08:29:02 PM »
   Gracia opened a sealed scroll which had just arrived from the Kingdom of Aragón Chancellery:

24-Dec-1317, 11:20   Aria De Oscura, Vassal - VALENCIA died, the role is vacant.

She had to take a seat inmediately. It was such a bad piece of news! Gracia had sent several letters to Lady Aria recently...and had not got any answer, but she could not imagine that Aria was so ill or tired of this life.

Gracia had thought that now, with the presence of her beloved nearby, Aria would flourish and be happy. She knew that Aria was very touched by several events which had to do with her work  as Chancellor. Dealing with people was never easy, and some persons may react in ways that really make one suffer...

"Dear Aria", Gracia made a silent prayer, "may Theos guide your soul to a place of rest"

"I must ask good Father Teodoro to officiate a service for her...specially now, that Father Inge of Valencia has also gone"

Father Inge of Valencia, one of her "children", baptized  during her time as cleric of Burgos, had passed away not long ago. That had been a very sad loss for Gracia.

"I must thank Theos for the people who I still have with me, and ask for strength , strength for me and all my friends, to survive in this world, to have enthusiasm enough to keep going"

Her beloved could not stand life without her.
29-Jan-1318, 11:48   Ramon Muntaner, Guard Captain - CUENCA died, the role is vacant.

« Last Edit: 31 January, 2018, 02:04:21 AM by Gracia Mendoza »