Author Topic: Selection of Dogma for the Holy Church  (Read 885 times)

Elizara Gray

• Local Moderator
  • Honour: 1
Selection of Dogma for the Holy Church
« on: 18 August, 2017, 12:15:50 AM »
Here I officially invite the Council of Patriarchal Clergy and Regents of Patriarchal Kingdoms to gather and discuss how they see our way. Based on your suggestions and the Will of Deus, we will select new Dogma for our Holy Church.

Currently our Holy Church selected only one Dogma of Health Care, as we all know that healthy Flesh makes our Spirit healthier too.

I expect everyone to express their suggestions founded on logic and our common needs. To learn more about Dogma bonuses, please read this:
https://wiki.medieval-europe.eu/index.php?title=Dogma_Bonuses

Only members of The Highest Patriarchal Council and Patriarchal Regents are allowed to write here. All other followers of Patriarchal Church may address their regents or regional spiritual leaders to share their opinions.
Элизара Серова, Великая Пророчица Патриархальной Церкви
Elizara Gray, Grand Prophetess of Patriarchal Church

(RIP) Jerman Nemanjic

• General group
  • Prince of Serbia, Duke of Split
    • In-game profile
Re: Selection of Dogma for the Holy Church
« Reply #1 on: 18 August, 2017, 01:28:30 AM »
I send a greeting to the Synod, which gathered here to discuss our dogmatic views.

In my opinion, each follower should be strengthening his Flesh and his Will. Only with strongest of Flesh and purest Will can we become followers like Mithelin. Therefore I propose that first dogma should be Meditate: Concentrate and learn. Only with very strong Will, can we hope that our Will, will become part of His Will after our time. However, we also need strong Flesh to resist those trying to plant the seed of Lianathas in our body. Maxed follower can resist Lianathas much better.

Next dogma I believe should be the Ora Et Labora: Craft Blessing. In times of peace it will enable us to produce countless books, cloths and foods for our people, while if it so happens to be that our church would be threatened, it would enable us to produce twice as many swords as any army Lianathas could gather.

Now, the word on the other dogmas, which at the moment do not seem crucial to me:
The diseases are rare and can be treated locally. Even battle injuries are rare and not fatal, so there is no need to take care of them right away.
Since Lord's Will is shown through Kings (Mithelin's Code XI.), they already posses the power to estimate the quantity of resources, therefore common folk are free of this care.
And even though it is our duty to hate the infidels, there are many of them, yet not all are known. If we tomorrow discover new kind of heresy, what will we do then? Crusade, powered by two dogmas I suggested, can do almost the same damage, as it has proven in the past.

These are my humble thoughts, which will later be expanded, provided that someone ask me to present their idea.

Bogdan Grigore

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Honour: 0
  • Voivode of Wallachia
« Reply #2 on: 18 August, 2017, 01:47:30 AM »
In order to attract citizens of atheists or other religions, I would propose the humming dogmas:

2) Ora Et Labora: Craft Blessing
3) Ora Et Labora: Resource Extraction Blessing

Thanks to the new followers (at least in the rule of the kingdoms) in North Africa and Asia Minor, but also other friendly kingdoms in Europe where we could develop patriarchal religion, I believe that the two proposed dogmas would be a real advantage for citizens who are neutral about religion . By joining patriarchal religion, citizens would benefit more economically and productively. This is my opinion. At least in Wallachia, we will be able to attract more followers if we activate the two dogmas.

Voivode of Wallachia

Bogdan Grigore

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Voivode of Wallachia
« Reply #3 on: 18 August, 2017, 01:55:50 AM »
With the help of the dogmas mentioned by me, in the above post, we will increase the number of followers in our kingdoms. After our followers grow up, it will be easier to gain points of faith through their prayer. So we can quickly unlock the other necessary dogmas.
It's not enough to pray 100 followers to accumulate 1000 faith points, or to pray 200 followers. The accumulation time of the belief points is halved, or we can accumulate twice as many faith points in the same prayer field.

Voivode of Wallachia

Nuno Stark

• General group
  • Cheesemaker
« Reply #4 on: 18 August, 2017, 05:57:44 AM »
I agree with Jerman, in order to strengthen the Flesh of our armies and sharpen the Will of our crafters we'll need to Medidate, Concentrate and Learn.

And also to survive we'll need much food and tools for our work, families, countrymen and brothers in faith, so we'll put our Will to good use.

And besides that it'll attract new followers, it'll naturally improve the praying rates, as one will need to pray constantly to keep their faith high to craft and train faster, and also the long run to unlock the second workshop, that may open a new way to the economy we see nowadays.

(RIP) Theodor Svetoslav

• General group
« Reply #5 on: 18 August, 2017, 07:11:39 AM »
1.Meditate: Concentrate and learn
In Bulgaria a lot of people are studying, and this will help them, but also will make them pray more, because it is connected to that. The more you pray the faster you study.
2.Ora Et Labora: Craft Blessing
This will be helpful to every citizen and surely will make even the strongest atheist to desire to join us.
Тоз, който падне в бой за свобода, той не умира...

Elizara Gray

• Local Moderator
« Reply #6 on: 18 August, 2017, 10:47:09 PM »
Probably almost all members of Council who wanted to express their opinion did that. I also asked advice of Russian community via skype. Thank you, everyone, I appreciate your help. You still have some time to add something or propose alternative options.

I will make my decision tomorrow and then we will pray Deus to send His blessing upon us.

(RIP) Theodor Svetoslav

• General group
« Reply #7 on: 20 August, 2017, 08:02:33 AM »
How much FP are needed for the dogma will allow us to dig faster? People probably will pray more now because of the bonuses.
Тоз, който падне в бой за свобода, той не умира...

(RIP) Jerman Nemanjic

• General group
  • Prince of Serbia, Duke of Split
    • In-game profile
« Reply #8 on: 20 August, 2017, 09:56:17 AM »
How much FP are needed for the dogma will allow us to dig faster? People probably will pray more now because of the bonuses.

4th dogma costs 40.000 FP

Elizara Gray

• Local Moderator
« Reply #9 on: 20 August, 2017, 11:10:22 AM »
I listened all suggestions and choose Ora et Labora: Craft Blessing and Meditate: Focus and Learn.
Congratulations to all followers of our Holy Church!

Info in Wiki was incorrect (now it should be fixed already). Cost of Dogmas is calculated by different formula.
Luckily we still had enough points to activate 2 Dogmas, but the 4th Dogma will cost us 100.000 FPs.

So we will concentrate on building temples for all national communities and organize the Church structure.
Later when we have more free faith points, I will raise this question again.

Nicholaos A' Mystikos

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #10 on: 20 August, 2017, 05:41:03 PM »
I convey the greetings of the Byzantine Empire to the Patriarchal Council.

I would like to congratulate the Council and especially Her Holiness Grand Prophetess Elizara Gray for Dogma selection.
Ora and Labora: Craft Blessing and Meditate: Focus and Learn,
were the best possible choices that could be made at this time by the Patriarchal Church.
As they bring the flock to the Ψhurch, praying more often, and the atheists will come near In true Faith.