Author Topic: A request from Jerman  (Read 884 times)

(RIP) Jerman Nemanjic

• General group
  • Honour: 1
  • Prince of Serbia, Duke of Split
    • In-game profile
A request from Jerman
« on: 16 August, 2017, 08:44:50 PM »
Jerman has just fought in battle of Cairo, where his side prevailed. He thanked Deus he managed to live to see another day.
When he was sailing back to Arish to raise another castle, he started reading old sermons, which were carefully copied from library in Kiev.

He came about a certain sermon, which made him think.

Captain! Turn the ship north, to port of Yalta.

The journey took a day or two, who would know. Jerman was deep in his mind, barely paying any attention to his surrounding.
Finally, they reached the port of Yalta, where he hired a horse and rode further north, to Kiev.

When he arrived to Kiev, he asked some local peasant where he could find basilica. He was in Kiev before, but he was just in the local chapel, not the basilica itself. Thankfully, the peasant spoke similiar language, he was speaking, so he asked him in broken language:
Pozdrav brat! Možeš mi pokazati gde ja mogu najti baziliko?
The peasant gave him directions, after which Jerman rode forward.

When he arrived at the basilica he went straight to cleric who looked like he could have get him audience.
Greetings Father! I hope you can get my request to the Matriarch. Tell Her Holiness that I request an audience about a personal matter, which has been bugging me ever since I reread old sermons and I want it dealth with. I will humbly await for the time she decides to call me in front of her, here silently praying.

Elizara Gray

• Local Moderator
Re: A request from Jerman
« Reply #1 on: 17 August, 2017, 12:16:32 AM »
Elizara was sitting in total silence in her secluded room for prayers when she heard a cautious knock in the door. Slowly she stood up and put on her rich ornamented tunic upon the robe, and then her koukoulion. She always preferred simple and practical clothes or even better - armor. But Patriarchal traditions demanded her to appear in public in the most fine and magnificent ceremonial clothes.

Grand Prophetess in her full garment opened the door and met the cleric who patiently and humbly waited.

- Your Holiness, here arrived the man from far away, and he asks for audience. He didn't identify himself but he looks like a high noble and he speaks like a Serbian. He also mentioned old sermons... What should we tell him?

- Bless you, my dear brother. Yes, I know this man, as Deus sent me a vision of him coming to Kiev with good news and many thoughts... Please return to your prayers.

She took her ceremonial scepter and immediately walked to the main hall of Patriarchal Basilica to meet Religious Ambassador of Balkans. She smiled and with inviting gesture said:

- Welcome again to Kiev, my dear brother! I waited for you. Come, join me in these beautiful halls of Holy Basilica and let's celebrate your deeds. Tell me what thoughts brought you here?
Элизара Серова, Великая Пророчица Патриархальной Церкви
Elizara Gray, Grand Prophetess of Patriarchal Church

(RIP) Jerman Nemanjic

• General group
    • In-game profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 August, 2017, 12:37:32 AM »
Jerman wasn't expecting to receive the audience that quickly, especially in this time, when Matriarchy has just begun and there was a lot of work to be done, a lot of letters to be sent. But his wish was granted nonetheless.

When Matriarch addressed him, he went straight to the matter:

Your Holiness! I come here for a personal matter. You see, I was reading an old document, written by Vladimir the First, regarding Sacrament of marriage. As you may or may not know, I was married once to a lovely lady Alessia. Unfortunately she died of pneumonia more than a year ago. Since this was in time before I had learned the truth, I was still embracing pagan rituals. In order to get married she had to embrace the pagan rituals as well.

Now, my problem is this: I want for my lady to be able to come Heaven, yet she died ignorant of truth, therefore she had no chance to wash her sins.

So, I ask You, Your Holiness, to recognize our marriage in eyes of our Holy Mother Church. Furthermore, I ask that You give forgiveness to my lady, for the sins she commited were my sins, as I was the one who turned her wrong. Let me make a repent for her, so she will be able to rest in Heaven, until Deus calls me up to her.

If you need time for the decision, I can retire myself to the inn and wait for you call.

With this words Jerman finished his request and waited for Matriarch's reply.

Elizara Gray

• Local Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 17 August, 2017, 01:11:47 AM »
Grand Prophetess made a long pause to ponder what was heard and then she said:

- My brother Jerman, now I see what was worrying you all this time. Your beloved Alessia never had a chance to repent for her sins. For following heretical rituals her Spirit may suffer in eternal pain of Gehenna...

Elizara made another pause, obsessed with grim thoughts of terrible sufferings of those Spirits who followed the Pagan ways. She continued:

- Deus is merciful to those who accept His guidance. Tonight I will pray Deus to give me a little piece of His wisdom, and I will ask Him for mercy for Spirit of Alessia. Come here tomorrow morning... And if you still have at least the smallest bit of power after your long road - pray for His forgiveness too!

(RIP) Jerman Nemanjic

• General group
    • In-game profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 August, 2017, 09:48:22 PM »
Jerman was pleased to see his request being taken into consideration, so he withdrew to chapel of Diakonos Romodanovsky, who baptized him. He will wait there for the verdict made by Deus' representative on Earth.

Elizara Gray

• Local Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 17 August, 2017, 11:20:38 PM »
As she promised, Grand Prophetess spent all the night to pray and ask Deus for wisdom to make proper decision on unusual Jerman's case. Like in all other nights she lit up one single candle in a slender hope to hear the voice of Patriarch Vladimir again. Elizara knew that probably his Spirit won't appear in this world anymore, but still she tried it every night.

It was almost early morning when Elizara suddenly felt strange sensations in her head. She knew what it means, so he breathed deeply and closed her eyes. She prepared to memorize everything she would see, and this time her visions was much more colorful and... real?

Images and thoughts flashed almost instantly in a quick series, overwhelming and fascinating. It was full of great ideas and contained wisdom beyond human's imagination. Then suddenly it all stopped and left Elizara to breath heavily, try to focus her sight, and concentrate on what she just experienced.

- Oh Deus, if I only could understand all Your wisdom... - She whispered.

Grand Prophetess then passionately started to read prayers until she heard ringing of bells. Simple but beautiful melody of bells invited good people of Kiev to praise Deus for yet another glorious day which He sent to them. Elizara thanked Deus one more time and left her room to meet Jerman.

- Dear brother Jerman, - started Grand Prophetess when they met. - As loving father our Deus may forgive our sins. All men and women are His beloved creations and even if some of them step on the wrong path, they have chance to repent. I know if Alessia was alive she would pray Him to forgive her involuntary sins, made because of her love to you. But she can't...

Elizara raised her voice:

- To atone for your and for her sins, I impose a penance on you: every morning from this day and at least for one month you must pray for forgiveness. At first for your own sins. And then you must pray for her sins and for salvation of Alessia's Spirit no less eagerly.
In this month I suggest you to not raise your weapons except to protect yourself and your brothers. Do not break any Deus' rules, be humble and subdue your pride. Try to become a paragon of virtue in eyes of your people, all our brothers and Deus.
And if your prayers be sincere and come from the very essence of your Spirit, then Deus may hear your plea and forgive your beloved Alessia.

Elizara appraised if her words made any effect on the man before her, and finished reassuringly:

-  I will pray for her Spirit too. I believe she was good person and deserved her Spirit to be saved.

(RIP) Jerman Nemanjic

• General group
    • In-game profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 August, 2017, 01:38:39 AM »
Jerman felt the great burden that fell off him:
Thank You, Your Holliness!
I will start with the penance tomorrow morning. I will pray in privacy, since I am needed in North Africa, where there are no temples, but as soon as I return to Beograd I will attend mass.

I thank You, for your prayers and for the grace you have shown!

Now, I will retire myself, not to disturb you any further.

With these words Jerman kneeled and started moving towards the doors. With his conscience at ease, he will finally be able to continue with his life.

Before leaving Basilica, he put a golden doubloon into the charity box in hope that it will ease someone's life, as was his just now.

Immediately after his arrival in Arish he started praying for forgiveness.
« Last Edit: 18 August, 2017, 10:32:15 AM by Jerman Nemanjic »