Author Topic: War Rumors - CRP  (Read 276 times)

Harald Magnusson

• General group
  • Honour: 0
War Rumors - CRP
« on: 26 July, 2017, 12:52:22 AM »
Harald took the parchment he has just finished to write for a one more review

To Her Majesty the Queen of Italy, Lady Isabella Este,

Your Highness, I'm writing to you during these mid summer very hot days because recently I've been reached from many rumors coming from many corners of our world, speaking about an imminent war between the Kingdom of Italy and Sweden.

Whatever reasons pushed these crazy lads to spread these absurd news I want to let you know that the Kingdom of Sweden and its mercenaries won't be involved in a war against your People neither directly nor indirectly.

It seems to me that these fools are pursuing the stupid target to see Sweden fight against Italy, the future will tell us who they are and why their attempting such a nonsense.

With the utmost respect

Harald Magnusson
Kung av Sverige

Harald sealed the parchment, called for a page to delivery his messages to Urbino. Within some weeks every clouds would have been cleared.

« Last Edit: 27 July, 2017, 12:58:46 AM by Harald Magnusson »

Isabella Este

• General group
  • Honour: 1
Re: War Rumors - CRP
« Reply #1 on: 26 July, 2017, 11:47:26 PM »
Isabella had unexpectedly received a parchment from the King of Sweden while meeting the Holy Father. Apologizing with her guests while making two chats, enjoying the Italic delicacies, she left for a few moments and answered to Harald Magnusson.

To His Royal Higness Harald Magnusson King of Sweden,

Your Higness,
The abnormal heat of these days, which, as you say, has hit northern Sweden, must have shed many people, and even if in Bari, where I am, the temperatures touch levels unthinkable for you, I remain shiny .
The voices that have reached your ears respond partially to those that have reached mine.

Nobody has ever talked of an attack on Sweden against the Kingdom of Italy, but it is well known to the whole world that your particolar Friend Kingdom, whose King is your brother also in Faith, Sicily, is preparing to plan an Invasion of a "Kingdom of the Mediterranean", presumably mine.

Knowing the bond which close You to King Dormolo and your ancient intention of attacking the Kingdom of Denmark, it is not difficult to imagine that the Sicilians, supported by their Allies and by Rome, will spin their attack on the south at the same time as your, to block a possible involvement of our troops in defense of the Queen of Denmark. It is an ancient tactic used in the days of the Great War, which aims to divide forces and to achieve with little effort the maximum result and as all know, who divides  dominates.

Even if this is not your military plan, it is a fact that the relations of close business cooperation with Sicily are also encouraging their consolidation to face a military campaign.

I take note of your public announcements, but this is not enough to free you from any possible liability in the event of a Sicilian attack on the Kingdom of Italy or my Allied and I hope that in support of your words you can bring  in this confrontation table, even concrete acts.

A well-known proverb recites: "The fool can not keep silent" and I say, it is not said that what he says does not respond to truth.
Sincerely

Queen of Kingdom of Italy

*******************************************************+

Isabella aveva ricevuto inaspettatamente una pergamena dal Re di Svezia mentre era colloquio con il Santo Padre. Scusandosi con i suoi ospiti mentre facendo due chiacchiere, gustavano le prelibatezze italiche, si assentò qualche minuto e rispose ad Harald Magnusson.

A Sua Altezza Harald Magnusson Re di Svezia,

Vostra Altezza,

Il caldo anomalo di questi giorni che, a quanto riferite, ha colpito anche la nordica Svezia, deve aver fatto perdere il senno a molte persone e anche se a Bari, dove mi trovo, le temperature toccano livelli per voi impensabili, io resto ben lucida.

Le voci che hanno raggiunto le vostre orecchie rispondono parzialmente a quelle che hanno raggiunto le mie.

Nessuno ha mai parlato di un attacco della Svezia contro il Regno d’Italia, ma è ben noto a tutto il mondo che un vostro particolare Regno amico, il cui Re è vostro fratello anche di Fede, la Sicilia, si stia accingendo a progettare un invasione di un “Regno del Mediterraneo” , presumibilmente il mio.

Conoscendo il legame che vi stringe a Re Dormolo e la vostra antica intenzione di attaccare il Regno di Danimarca, non è difficile intuire che i Siciliani, supportati dai loro Alleati e da Roma, sferreranno il loro attacco al sud in contemporanea al vostro per bloccare un eventuale coinvolgimento delle nostre truppe in difesa della Regina Danese. E’ un’antica tattica usata già ai tempi della grande Guerra che mira a dividere le forze e ad ottenere con poco sforzo il massimo risultato e come si sa chi divide impera.

Anche se questo non fosse il  vostro piano militare, sta di fatto che i rapporti di stretta collaborazione anche commerciale con la Sicilia, stanno favorendo un loro consolidamento necessario ad affrontare una campagna militare.

Prendo atto delle vostre pubbliche enunciazioni, ma ciò non è sufficiente per svincolarvi da ogni possibile responsabilità nel caso di un attacco della Sicilia sul Regno d’Italia o mio Alleato e spero che a sostegno delle vostre parole, possiate portare su questo tavolo di confronto, anche atti concreti.

Un noto proverbio recita: “Lo stolto non sa tacere” e io dico, non è detto che quel che dice non risponda a verità.

Ossequi

Regina del Regno d'Italia

" Il mio segreto è una memoria che agisce a volte per terribilità"

Harald Magnusson

• General group
  • Honour: 0
Re: War Rumors - CRP
« Reply #2 on: 27 July, 2017, 02:20:41 AM »
Harald red the Queen of Italy's parchment a couple of time to be sure to have well understood her words. He was familiar with the italic language thanks to his former life of travelling merchant, but many years had been passed since those times.

Probably the hot climate of southern of Italy is causing some troubles to the Queens' capability of thinking
... he thought. He took another parchment and started to write

To Her Majesty the Queen of Itay Isabella Este,

Your Highness,

Luckly for my People and for me, we are really far away from your shores, and we wouldn't be forced to a southern journey. We prefer to stay here in the far north, our own home.

So, if you're looking for someone to blame for the difficult diplomatic relationships with your Kingdom's neighbors I think you don't have to go so far away from the italic peninsula.

Curiously I red about a so called well known will of Sweden to move war to Danmark. Of course bored minds are used to spread such voices, and curiously every time these voices involve Sweden... war against Danmark, war against Italy and so on... but, till today, Sweden didn't move.
You know, Your Highness, if I ought to give credit to every rumor I heard about the Kingdom of Italy you should've already attacked Rome to punish them for their supposed willingness to destroy the Kingdom of Urbino, you should've already moved war to Sicily to punish them for their revolt, you should've already moved war to Danmark to punish its People, you should've already moved war to Aragon to punish them for their friendship and support to Rome, you should've already moved war to Flanders just to destroy their resources by abandoning these lands to natives... but, at the end, these were just talks, empty rumors, and the Kingdom of Italy never moved and lived peacefully under your wise leadership and those of your former Regent.

It's not a matter of Faith, the People of Sicily is free to worship the God they like the most and, neither the Kingdom of Sweden nor Odin's clerics asked them to join the Norse Faith. They heard Odin's call and opened their hearts, but that was their choice and not ours, and Sweden diplomacy is not ruled by religion; but, sincerly speaking, I don't think your renown hate towards Sicily, Rome, Aragon, Flanders or Danmark would be different even if of the same religion...

So, don't worry, Swedes' berserkers won't touch your shores... unless your men decide to have a northern, uninvited, journey.

With the utmost respect

Harald Magnusson
Kung av Sverige

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Harald lesse un paio di volte il messaggio giunto dalla Regina d'Italia per essere sicuro di aver inteso correttamente le sue parole. Conosceva la lingua italica grazie al suo passato di mercante itinerante, ma era passato molto tempo da allora.

Probabilmente il clima rovente del sud Italia sta causando qualche problema di lucidità di pensiero alla Regina...
pensò Harald. Prese un altra pergamena e iniziò a scrivere:

A Sua Maestà Isabella Este Regina d'Italia,

Vostra Altezza,

Fortunatamente per il mio Popolo e per me, siamo veramente molto lontani dalle vostre coste e non vorremmo essere costretti a fare dei viaggi al sud. Preferiamo restare qui nel profondo nord, casa nostra.

Ragion per cui, se state cercando qualcuno da biasimare per la difficile relazione diplomatica con i Regni vostri vicini, ritengo non dobbiate fare molta strada al di fuori dalla penisola italica per trovarlo.

Curiosamente leggo della così detta volontà della Svezia di muovere guerra alla Danimarca. Ovviamente le menti annoiate sono use diffondere tali voci, e sempre curiosamente queste voci coinvolgono la Svezia... guerra alla Danimarca, guerra al Regno d'Italia e così via... ma, fino ad oggi la Svezie non si è mossa.
Sapete, Vostra Altezza, se avessi dovuto dare credito a tutte le voci circolate sul Regno d'Italia avreste già dovuto muovere guerra a Roma per punirli della loro supposta volontà di distruggere il Regno di Urbino, avreste già dovuto muovere guerra alla Sicilia per punirli della loro rivolta, avreste già dovuto muovere guerra alla Danimarca per punirne il Popolo, avreste già dovuto muovere guerra all'Aragona per punirli della loro amicizia e supporto a Roma, avreste già dovuto muovere guerra alle Fiandre per punirli distruggendo le loro risorse conquistandone le terre per poi abbandonarle ai ribelli... ma, alla fine, queste erano solo chiacchere, vuote parole, e il Regno d'Italia non si è mai mosso, vivendo in pace sotto la vostra saggia guida e quella del vostro predecessore.

Non è una questione di fede, il Popolo di Sicilia è libero di adorare il Dio che preferisce, né la Svezia né i chierici di Odino hanno chiesto loro di unirsi alla Fede Nordica. Hanno udito la chiamata di Odino e hanno aperto i loro cuori, è stata una loro scelta e non nostra, e la diplomazia della Svezia non è guidata dalla religione; ma, parlando sinceramente, non penso che il vostro rinomato odio per la Sicilia, Roma, l'Aragona, le Fiandre o la Danimarca sarebbe differente anche se foste della medesima religione.

Quindi, non vi preoccupate, i berserker svedesi non toccheranno le vostre coste... a meno che i vostri uomini non decidano di fare un viaggio al nord senza invito

Con il massimo rispetto

Harald Magnusson
Re di Svezia

« Last Edit: 27 July, 2017, 02:22:13 AM by Harald Magnusson »