Author Topic: Regret  (Read 420 times)

Primula Maria Van Rossun

• General group
  • Honour: 0
Regret
« on: 13 June, 2017, 04:19:06 AM »
Pretty much , I wasn't able to buy much....

Before the Middle Eastern Tournament...
I was pretty much happy, I spend a lot of money and time , to train hard, believing to win at least one duel, but after the duel with Sergio Peixoto, I learn that I still much to learn and my stat is still below average.

I am happy to buy the following in this market....
11-Jun-1317, 15:19 You bought 198 Bread loaf from Roberto Di Stabia for 366,3 coins.
12-Jun-1317, 02:07 You bought 1 Used trouser from Theodor Svetoslav for 1,03 coins.
12-Jun-1317, 02:07 You bought 1 Ragged robe from Theodor Svetoslav for 2,06 coins.
13-Jun-1317, 02:51 You bought 40 Silk yarn from Tervel Dulo for 370,8 coins.

Bought a hut twice... I think ?
10-Jun-1317, 18:08 You bought a structure (Hut) for 371 silver coins.

Train my body hard and mind till the last minute...
10-Jun-1317, 18:08 You have successfully completed the course Battle techniques - Agility! You have increased your attribute Dexterity from 13 to 14!
10-Jun-1317, 18:08 You have completed a study session or training (9 hours for a total of 126 hours, course: Battle techniques - Agility).

12-Jun-1317, 02:09 You started a studying/training session for course: Logic, Art and Literature
12-Jun-1317, 02:08 You donated 1 Paper piece to: Academy in: CAIRO.

Got drunk, from pretty much of alcohol in my body...
10-Jun-1317, 09:08 You have used up n. 2 Mulberry brandy.
10-Jun-1317, 09:08 After this last drink you feel a tad tipsy, maybe it would be better if you slow down
10-Jun-1317, 12:00 You have healed from illness: A heavy state of inebriation
10-Jun-1317, 12:00 You have healed from illness: Tipsy

Even heard of my friend and fellow countrymen, been defeated... thus France, hasn't been able to get a chance for the championship
12-Jun-1317, 22:00 The Duel between Pierre Du Vallon and Tervel Dulo happened in CAIRO has been won by: Tervel Dulo!. [Report]

but still, I managed to get to be happy and get outside of my country, once in a while...and manage to get diplomatic relation with other countries to friendly, thus enabling trade and tourism...

09-Jun-1317, 12:19 Kingdom of Jerusalem changed Diplomatic Relation. New Relation is Friendly.
09-Jun-1317, 12:23 You changed Diplomatic Relation with; Kingdom of Jerusalem. New Relation is: Friendly.

and manage to get recognized...
12-Jun-1317, 18:17 You lost the duel with: Sergio Peixoto.
12-Jun-1317, 18:17 Honor points update: 1 (Duel presence).
13-Jun-1317, 01:00 You have obtained the following recognition of achievement: Advanced Duelist!

My only regret is why this country doesn't have much activity and the country is much a shell of it once lively glory....and there were no drill master or academy director to facilitate training / studying... I am happy for Cairo, to have been active from this tournament..

Also to the remaining winner, good luck...I am pretty much travelling to get my wound heal pretty much at ROMA, after my rest is complete.., but before that , I am travelling to DRASTAR, looking to get my cheese out and buy more...so please put something interesting (just joking).

Eddard Stark

• General group
Re: Regret
« Reply #1 on: 17 June, 2017, 05:47:48 PM »
Dear queen of France,
I personally suggest you to have someone expert in warfare beside you. No matter how hard you train, if you cannot read your opponent's mind and fail to select the best weapon and armor based on your physical attributes, the outcome is just obvious :)
In your duel you would have a better chance if you fought with a hammer rather than a hoe ;)
I also have one more suggestion and I hope you will understand that. If possible, kindly do not publish the condition of a market place on a public forum. In real life, the price of the same product is not same in Italy, France, Germany even though they all are part of Europe. And just like that, here in Medieval Europe it is the same situation. So if you openly publish price, it will have a serious consequences elsewhere. In one kingdom min wage is 2 sc/hr while in other kingdom min wage is 4 sc/hr. So if you publish price openly, buyers will always try to buy the cheapest one and at the same time producers of another kingdom will face tremendous loss. I hope you will understand the point :)
Eddard Stark
Constable - Tsardom of Serbia
Treasurer - Tsardom of Serbia
Governor - Duchy of Croatia (Zagreb, Pecs, Somogi, Usora, Slavonia)
Duke - Zagreb | Baron - Belgrade
Drill Master - Belgrade

CrazyToe

• General group
  • Admin's little toe
« Reply #2 on: 17 June, 2017, 07:50:01 PM »
I also have one more suggestion and I hope you will understand that. If possible, kindly do not publish the condition of a market place on a public forum. In real life, the price of the same product is not same in Italy, France, Germany even though they all are part of Europe. And just like that, here in Medieval Europe it is the same situation. So if you openly publish price, it will have a serious consequences elsewhere. In one kingdom min wage is 2 sc/hr while in other kingdom min wage is 4 sc/hr. So if you publish price openly, buyers will always try to buy the cheapest one and at the same time producers of another kingdom will face tremendous loss. I hope you will understand the point :)

I suggest the same, those postings of markets events have been a thorn in my side since long.
Price negotiations could be considered as very personal, posting them could bring up issues between characters, who might not have been able to buy at same prices. Until that point this is no moderators' matter, but this is RP between characters.
BUT posting those events is not considered as RP and they are always posted in RP boards. Posting such event to prove arrival at some place or such is ok, but not posting hundreds of those events.
I strongly recommend Primula to refrain from posting such events in the future. Thank you.
>>> please follow and keep in mind the forum and communication rules <<<
>>> helpfull FAQ can be found here <<<
>>> guidelines for suggestions <<<

Primula Maria Van Rossun

• General group
« Reply #3 on: 18 June, 2017, 01:30:12 AM »

I suggest the same, those postings of markets events have been a thorn in my side since long.
Price negotiations could be considered as very personal, posting them could bring up issues between characters, who might not have been able to buy at same prices. Until that point this is no moderators' matter, but this is RP between characters.
BUT posting those events is not considered as RP and they are always posted in RP boards. Posting such event to prove arrival at some place or such is ok, but not posting hundreds of those events.
I strongly recommend Primula to refrain from posting such events in the future. Thank you.
Yes Sir....

Gustav Wolfsangel

• General group
« Reply #4 on: 19 June, 2017, 10:53:38 PM »
(ooc)
this seems rather harsh considering medieval chroniclers often stated market prices in there diaries...
perhaps, people are only upset, because this will make their 'peasants' ask for more?!?