Author Topic: Reporting from Iberia  (Read 859 times)

Axel Richard von Fersen-Bourbon

• Local Moderator
  • Honour: 0
Reporting from Iberia
« on: 05 June, 2017, 12:05:42 AM »
His trip was long. From the far northern lands of Scotland to Iberia and from there to Rome, the eternal city, seat of the successor of Rocco.
While on the ship that was bringing him from the shores of Aragona to those of Latium, he thought to himself he probably never spent so much time on the seas before. His mission as Legatus in Iberia was fullfilled, the inquest was over, now he only had to submit his report to the Supreme Pontiff. His Holiness would then have dispensed justice as he saw fit. That is what he was thinking about, turning a roll of parchment in his hands around and around, while the good hands of the crew disembarked his stuff at the arrival on Latium' shores. A quick thanks to the coAssisted by his faithful servant, Willie, who followed him in his wandering from Scotland, they managed to lease a couple of horses from a local innkeeper: the road to Rome was open.

They got sight of Rome at the first hours of the afternoon. Instead of entering the city, the headed to the little fortress just outside the city walls, which was the Holy See complex. Watchmen at the gates did not even tried to stop him. His purple red garments and galero clearly showed his rank.  Once in the Pontifical Palace, the two men headed to the Chancellery wing, where were also located the private apartments of the Vice Chancellor. In the antechamber of his private office, he rang a little silver bell laid on a table. A page boy came in.
"Please inform His Holiness that the Vice Chancellor requests an audience", said the cardinal. The boy bowed and left the room.
"Now" the cardinal carried on addressing Willie, taking the red galero off "I thik it would be inappropriate to stand at the presence of the Holy Father with a robe that stinks of horse. Go get me the cappa magna"

Alexander VII

• Local Moderator
  • Honour: 1
  • When sinking, PRAY! -While good hands bail water!
Re: Reporting from Iberia
« Reply #1 on: 05 June, 2017, 05:32:41 AM »
-HaytonRemittingHisReportToThePope.JPG

The Summus Pontifex was that afternoon considering maps and tomes while reciting the breviary in a low voice. He had been to Urbino with their queen, Isabella Este, for a good amount of time and they had established a very good beginning. He could feel it. His long stay though, in a land without any remaining  chapel consecrated for Teos, well it had left him hungering. While had had ridden back to Rome and every moment not in services or mass he had been performing the acts and prayers which would renew his place in Teos sight. So he was chanting a soft gregorian style chant when interrupted by the chamber steward.

"Pardon the intrusion, Your Holiness. The Vice Chancellor requests and audience, Your Holiness."

Alexander VII looked up from the works spread on the table nearby. His singing stopped and he rose from the austere wooden bench he had been studying from. "It is well that he has arrived. I am expecting some news and answers from His Excellency. Have  Books on Law and translations of ancient works of the Constitution, brought here as soon as he leaves." Alexander VII moved seat himself on the low diaz to receive the man he had proclaimed Vice Chancellor of the Holy See and Legatus to Iberia to correct the disruption of Immanuelle's peace there.

It was time for some answers. "Send him in, my son."
Faith Defines All Things; their remembrances clearly defined make them living custom.

• Local Moderator
« Reply #2 on: 05 June, 2017, 07:36:15 PM »
He just wore his cappa magna when he was told the Pontiff was waiting for him. He put on the red birretta, rolled the long red tail of his cloak around his arm and headed to the chamber where the Pontiff was waiting for him. Clerics, servants and officials of the Church, made way seeing him, with their back to the walls. A door and beyond a chamber. The Pontiff was waiting for him, sitting on a chair. The Pontiff reached out his hand, the cardinal kneeled to kiss the ring to show deference to the Vicar of Immanuel.

"Most Holy Father", he greeted. He paused a little, his gaze on the face of the Pontiff for a shor moment that felt like an eternity. Images of the past were shortly but vividly before his eyes.
"I am pleased to see that Your Holiness is in good health... despite this terrible heat", continued the cardinal fidgeting amost imperceptibly beneaththe ermine cape.
"I will confess I hoped to have left the heat behind me when I left Iberia, but... apparently mine was nothing more than wishful thinking. I am looking forward to get back to Scotland, to its fair weather. Anyway, I hope Your Holiness will be happy to know that that infernal weather did not prevent me to carry out my duty in Iberia", added the cardinal with a sly smile

Alexander VII

• Local Moderator
« Reply #3 on: 06 June, 2017, 11:44:56 PM »
"Blessings upon you, Vice Chancellor." Alexander VII smiled good naturedly at his long time acquaintance." That has an odd ring to it now that I say it to you in person. There was a time when I was your chancellor. How mysterious are the ways of the Almighty, in Heaven."

The Summus Pontifex also fidgeted a little at the mention of the warmth. He had almost managed to forget the climate here in Rome, as compared to Paris, while still wearing his non-liturgical  daily attire, consisting of a white cassock with attached pellegrina and girded with a fringed white fascia with the papal coat of arms embroidered on it, a blue triangle with the 3 circles inside suspended from a gold cord, red papal shoes, and a white zucchetto. The pale colors contrasting starkly with the uniform worn by his visitor.

After the kiss of obedience and the blessing Alexander VII rose from his chair and lifted his friend up with him."Walk a moment to the maps and tell me of the results to your delegation in the Iberias as Legatus Pontificalis. Have matters truly gone as bad as I had heard? Are they all settled? Will the church be suffering because of things there?" Alexander VII had been receiving many missives and reports of a very unpleasant nature telling to opposite sides to one lament. It was his hope that matters there could have been resolved in peace, but they had spiraled into an even harsher story.

While the Summus Pontifex had been in Urbino, there was little he could do without being discourteous and jeopardizing his talks there. He had chosen to send as Legatus the Cardinal of Lothian, His Excellency Axel Richard von Fersen-Bourbon. Having named him Vice Chancellor and Legatus both, it granted him the full authority to speak for and be obeyed as a direct will of His Holiness in matters both procedural and spiritual. Axel and Alexander VII had known each other, not all their lives, but from a time when he and the now Vice-Chancellor were both paired as Cardinal and Priest in the clergy. As Cardinal, Axel had served in Sjaelland. For a time he had renounced his robes and had taken the reins as the King of France where Alexander VII, at the time known as Janus Valerius,  had been his Parish Priest of Notre Dame d' Paris, King's Chaplain,...and Chancellor. That was moons ago and was also the reason that Vice Chancellor Axel had been sent to solve the issues of the church in Iberia. The summus Pontifex recognized the man's skill at management and diplomacy.

Now was time to hear just what Legatus Axel had learned  and what he had accomplished on behalf of Teos and the church, and just what troubles still needed final resolution.
"Do not leave out any details, Your Excellency."
Faith Defines All Things; their remembrances clearly defined make them living custom.

• Local Moderator
« Reply #4 on: 08 June, 2017, 10:26:21 AM »
"Indeed, Your Holiness" nodded the cardinal, distractedly touching the chain of office on his chest. "Sometimes you would say that the Almighty is having fun playing with destiny of men. I hope anyway that Your Holiness will be as pleased with my work as I was in the past with yours".

The cardinal followed the Pontiff to the maps, listening carefully to his words.
"Aye, Your Holiness. I am afraid the situation was exactly as we were told. Nonetheless, I am pleased to say that my presence there as Legatus helped to improve things and at the time I left, thing were getting back to normality".
"Just to make sure not leaving out details, I worked on this report" said the cardinal, taking out a roll of parchment from his cloack. He handed it to the Pontiff, who broke the seal and unrolled the parchement to read.

Most Holy Father,

The situation I found in Iberia is as bad as it has been pictured to the Holy See, and possibly even worse. Monarchs of the region have been very thankful to you for having decided to send a Legatus to restore order and peace. Alas, the recent behaviour of some high representative of the clergy here, specifically in Aragona, has exposed the Church to blaming and public disapproval.

First of all, it is necessary to paint a picture of the political situation in Aragona. It is undeniable that a group of citizens -some holding a public office- had quarrels with the Crown. Apparently some people find the behaviour of the King questionable and not satisfactory, and -sad to say- among these people there are also members of the clergy, who put their ecclesiastical offices at service of a political cause. And this is precisely what interests the Church. I am afraid I found nothing but confirmations to our worst fears.

Cardinal Clemente De Ponte has been found guilty of abuse of power as follows. He failed to use qualified personel by appointing Ramon Muntaner as Inquisitor, violating the canonical laws on Inquisition, and failed to monitor and report the behaviour of his unlawfully appointed Inquisitor. He also despised the Pontifical authority by refusing to come to Barcelona, as I clearly requested. Moreover he has been as arrogant as to demand me to go visit him in the region of Lleida.

Ramon Muntaner has been found guilty of abuse of power. Having been unlwafully appointed as Inquisitor, he used his office for his own purpose, threating innocent people with unfair trials. The Statute of Inquisition cleraly states the procedure to open a trial and when it is allowed to start one. He sistematically ignored the canonical law, also by trying to use his power beyond the borders of Barcelona's Archdiocese.

Ioans De Tata. Considering that his behaviour against his King is no matter for the Church, he is only guilty to have ignored a formal request to show up in Barcelona issued by myself as Legatus. Nonetheless, we shall consider that, after his banishment from Aragona, he asked for admittance to the Seminary in order to become a priest and this is in contraddiction with the rules of the Church, since De Tata is married and no admittance of a married man is permitted among the clergy.

Considered all the above mentioned facts, I request to Your Holiness to give punishments as follows:

Clemente De Ponte. Your Holiness is requested to confirm the suspension I have already inflicted on him. Morevover, in consideration of his grave behaviour, wholly unacceptable for a clergyman, His Holiness is requested to permanently defrock him. As cardinal, and therefore Prince of the Church, he should have been an example of virtue and wisdom and he failed in both. I suggest that an excommunication should be cast on him. However, since we are servants of Our Merciful Lord, a last chance should be granted to him to avoid the excommunication and the eternal fire. 12 tasks, as 12 were the Copyphaei of Immanuel, to prove he repents for what he has done and he is ready for atonement.

Ramon Muntaner. He found a monastical order, which received Your Holiness appreciation, but still has no charter. Therefore, according to the canonical laws, he must provide a draft of Charter for his order within 30 days, otherwise his order shall be dissolved. Your Holiness is requested to inflict him 6 months of vow of silence. During this time, he shall abstain from public utterances and shall also ask for forgiveness to those pious children of Teos he unlawfully threatened and accused.

Ioans De Tata. Your Holiness is requested to void his acceptance among the clergy. For having tried to enter among the church ministers unproperly -which a horrible sin-, he shall also suffer an admonishment, issued by the Bishop of Valencia, since he has been baptised to the faith in said diocese.

I believe that, inflicting these fair punishments to these followers who tried to use the Church for their own interests, will teach a lesson to everyone and reassure our flock that bad actions will always face justice.

Signed in Barcelona, June 3rd of this year of Grace 1317

Cardinal Axel Richard von Fersen-Bourbon

He stood there, waiting for His Holiness reaction.

Alexander VII

• Local Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 09 June, 2017, 01:44:10 PM »
The details of the report had a sobering effect upon the Summus Pontifex, one that caused him pain even. As he read the names and the charges a mix of reactions were struggling within him. But it took only a matter of about 5 heartbeats before he looked up from the map before them. A dark and dire appearance to his usually jovial face.

"Vice Chancellor, I thank you for the report. I have had several personal letters from a variety of sources that I had hoped were simply overwrought imaginings, but I see now the faithful have been tainted. This act was perpetrated by one who might be considered a now fallen Archangel of our time. With your report and those letters I have now no choice but to commit myself to the strongest steps and to excise the rot at its source. Let the record show that you had urged clemency for the false disciple, but I cannot grant it. For the sake of the church I cannot allow such a voice to ever speak again in the name of the faith which he cannot even obey."

Here, Alexander VII, stumbled a step, as his feet hesitated to take the steps he made. His approach to a closed cabinet on the wall were slow and looked leaden, but each was taken more firmly and with deliberate purpose than the last. Upon reaching the cabinet, the Summus Pontifex opened the wooden doors, black cherry wood caste in a dark grey iron trim. He signed himself and withdrew from within a dark quill of darkened red as if it was dried blood. Beside it he withdrew and also placed a bottle of the deepest midnight black. Lastly he withdrew a parchment of heavy manufacture and tinged grey. Seeing he was ready he  lifted the holy symbol he always wore he kissed it and said something silently to himself and the Almighty Teos.

The quill began to *sqrich, sqrich, sqrich* across the parchment in a bold and deliberate hand.

To the entire congregation and believers in the true god, Teos, and His Son, Immanuelle I bid you to witness and obey this act of Holy Censure and Law.

For the following causes We, Summus Pontifex of the Ancient Theological Church, Alexander and seventh by that name, have no other choice but to discipline and command the strongest anathema against one of our own. He is one of those that once stood among the most high in the shepherds of the church, and by his position has compounded the blasphemous nature of his deeds. Like Phoebus in his closeness to Almighty Teos this man held power nearly the equal to the Summus Pontifex and attempted its misuse for his own desires and glory instead of the glory of the church and the Heavenly Father.

1-For disobedience to canon law, the tenets of the faith, and the publicly designated officers of the church.

2-For the abuse of his offices as a member of the clergy for private and political purposes, willfully repeated even after being censured.

3-For public disrespect in direct opposition to his vows of Office and the Holy See of Rome in the person of the summus Pontifex, Alexander VII.

We do hereby declare this 8th day of June in the One thousand Three hundred Seventeenth year of our Lord and Savior Immanuelle's victory by ressurrection,

Declare Anathema and Excommunicato the person of Clemente de Ponte.

He shall be granted no succor to his wounds, no benevolence of his former offices, no sanctuary of the body or spirit among all the faithful of this church.

This is commanded, that he may finally grasp the error of his ways and may one day repent his sins and open his eyes to the depth of his sacrilege and betrayal to the heirs of Blessed Saint Rocco, to the Shepherds, and the Flock who belong ultimately and truly to Our Almighty God, Teos. Until that time, or until eternity, we condemn him to live at the peril of his infernal influence and master, El Diavolique, whom shall never show any mercy unto his soul.

"vitam aeternam, fides aeternam, actio semper"
~Alexander VII~

Summus Pontifex - Theological Church,
Comte de Reims,
Master of theology of Ancient Theological Church

Laying the quill and ink aside His Holiness then sprinkled the fine sand across the document and then blotted the paper. Blowing upon it he then affixed his signature and seal. Then he passed the parchment to the Vice Chancellor.

"That is what must be published Vice Chancellor, Axel Richard Von Fersen-Bourbon. Now we must sanctify the act in the formal ceremony of our church here in the Cathedral of Saint Rocco. Accompany me and observe please. It is not something I ever hope to repeat. You asked me to allow him some proofs of his faith, but as he has already refused you while acting in my name then I cannot trust he will obey his oath and arrive here. He cannot be left any authority to corrupt others with the diabolical influences upon him. Even the clergy can suffer the putrefaction of purpose when they forget their true calling and sacrifice as taught by the Savior, Immanuelle. We serve no person or crown before the church and teachings of Immanuelle, not even close friends. Assist me please as I dress for the formal rite of excommunication." From there the two worked to dress him into his full vestments and out of his daily attire.

It was the tradition and formal ceremony that after emission of the seal bearing the excommunication that the Summus Pontifex, Alexander VII, proceeded with the solemn religious ceremony. The ceremony performed right there in Saint Rocco's Papal Cathedral, in Rome. The Supreme Pontiff entered into the Cathedral wearing his solemn vestments, followed by all the clergymen present in Vatican at that moment. At this point the Cathedral bells are rang with slow and deep tones, like to the sorrow for the deceased.

The  oldest and most blessed copy of the  Sacred Texts were then brought to the Supreme Pontiff. as he took the text in his hands Alexander VII looked to the priests and other clergy. Seeing them all focused and awaiting his purpose, he firmly closed the book in one fell swoop, signifying that the teachings of Teos were now closed to the excommunicated. Setting the text upon the altar he lit eleven candles placed there by the Vice-Chancellor, Axel Richard von Fersen-Bourbon.

Ten of them were distributed to the Cathedral canons, Axel, and the last was kept by the Summus Pontifex. The ten officiants took their places in a circle in front of the altar of the Cathedral and Alexander VII, stepped solemnly to his place at the centre of this circle. There, in a most solemn voice he recited the formula that would mark the former servant of Teos, and now defrocked and denounced, Clemente de Ponte.

"In name of Teos Almighty, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and the Blessed Saint Rocco, First of Coryphai and of all Saints; in virtue of the power assigned us to bind and loose to Heaven and on Earth, We deprive Clemente De Ponte and all of his supporters, of the holy communion with the body and blood of Our Lord. We separate them from the Theological Communion. We exclude them from bosom of Our Sacred Mother Church both in Heaven and in Earth. We pronounce his excommunication and we damn him, consigning him to the eternal fire with Eldiavolique, the angels who rebel with him, and with all damned person, as long as he will not break his fetters of Devil, repent and satisfy the Church. We deliver him to Eldiavolique, in order that his body will be mortified and his soul will be saved in Judgment Day".

Having witnessed the complete denunciation the 10 gathered around around the Supreme Pontiff pronounced firmly, "Fiat!Fiat" and threw down their candles, blowing them out.
Alexander VII repeated the same. This condemned Clemente's soul and removed from him the Light of Teos and the blessings of eternal salvation.

« Last Edit: 09 June, 2017, 02:16:15 PM by Alexander VII »

Alexander VII

• Local Moderator
« Reply #6 on: 11 June, 2017, 10:47:17 AM »
For the Summus Pontifex, Alexander VII, the rite of excommunication had felt like a draining, spiritually, mentally, and physically. At it end he left with weariness and sadness on his face. In the accompaniment with Cardinal and Vice-Chancellor of the Holy See, Axel Richard von Fersen-Bourbon.

"I am tired Axel, so tired. This man was one I would have called brother and friend, yet I had to do this. Ot pierces me to the soul, but I had too, for the purity of the faithful. Teos have mercy on me and save me from having to do it again, ever I pray."

They walked on a little further, slowly in silence for what seemed an eternity to Alexander. Finally he broke the unnatural silence. "You gave me two others to address my attention to. Let me rest a night and pray on their cases please, then see me in the morning. The King of Bohemia will be married here tomorrow, so I hope we can complete this conversation then." Looking past his Vice Chancellor with a thin smile he said one last thing. "These are the times that test us, but you have passed yours, and hopefully I have passed mine. Maybe that is all that is needed. These men were not tested in recent times and I think they have forgotten what sacrifices we are expected to make in our lives just to see the eternal one that comes next. Good night and Teos be with you, your Excellency."

Leaving Axel there he shuffled on down the hallways alone, very alone. There was only himself and Teos, and right now He felt very far away. Alexander VII managed a fitful sleep because he was exhausted.

---------

Only 3 hours later he woke up. It was a deep sleep, but he could not sleep past the midnight missals. He felt he needed the time in peaceful prayer anyways to renew himself spiritually. After extended prayer among the Pontifical Chapel murals, relics, incense, and lantern-light Alexander  VII felt much better. Thinking of the positive renewal in the proof of love and divine purpose for humanity. In fact, the wedding of the King of Bohemia and the Scottish ambassador. That was something worth believing in. The ceremony of matrimony was enjoyed and participated in by so many bright and shining examples of faith that it further strengthened the Summus Pontifex after the trying ordeal of the excommunication. Life was all about death and renewal, as was Teos, and Immanuelle's teachings.

------

After the nuptials, The Summus Pontifex met with his Vice Chancellor to decide the matter of the last two named persons. He also remembered a special request that he had to pass along to Cardinal von Fersen-Bourbon.

When the Summus Pontifex summoned his chief shepherd he had them meet in the meditative gardens where some of the monks and priests took their service of Teos to include the stewardship of His creation to include growing plants of purpose and of beauty. "Greetings my son, I trust you slept well?" After the recognition of the office by the kiss of the ring, he raised the man again to his feet and gave his final decisions on the men named as Ramon Muntaner (O.P.) and Ioans De Tata.

"As Legatus to Iberia I think you have given very sound advice for much of the matter. I must thank you even if I did not follow exactly your prescriptions. The truth in what you wrote is still strong....that we 'teach a lesson to everyone and reassure our flock that bad actions will always face justice' .....even among the shepherds."

The Summus Pontifex picked up a water can and tended to a white rose plant. "My son, even in the beauty and delicate nature of these flowers Teos has given them a strong and firm stem; one with thorns to punish those beasts that might cause them harm. They even strike its own plant from time to time when turbulence comes, scarring itself, but adapting by spreading itself wider. That is what we must do. We must use our thorns to disperse the faith in a healthy manner for the entire living church to grow more safely."

"This Ramon Muntaner, whom I agreed should raise the Dominican Order, you rightly said he should provide the charter within the 30 days. I will command it to be presented within the next 15 as he may not have been shown the entire set of canon laws. Remember your Excellency, you also reported that he was not a qualified clergy or inquisitor, and clearly he was given only political instructions and hardly any ecclesiastical instruction. The one error in your assessment of him was the regarding the expanse of the archdiocese of Clemente De Ponte. He was Archbishop to Iberia as well as the Cardinal of Barcelona by appointment of His Holiness Sisto V. By that appointment the Inquest, though improper, was not necessarily limited to Aragon. He is ordered by this writ to provide the charter and to hold a vow of silence and seclusion for 40 days and nights and to fast and pray until he produces a complete and acceptable charter for the 'Domini Cani' as well as being granted letters of forgiveness from the faithful persons whom his letters may have unintentionally or intentionally frightened. Of course, in some of them, it is possible this was not such a bad reminder of the depths of which they have lately shown faithfulness to the church and its value to themselves."
Here the Summus Pontifex displayed a parchment with those same instructions to the former Inquisitor.

To the student of the Dominican philosophies and practices,
Ramon Muntaner

The Holy See has acquired reports from the Legatus we have sent to the Iberian lands of Aragon and Castile y Leon. His judgements are concise and firm and without dispute. This is especially true as you did not grant him complete opportunity to question you. His Holiness, Alexander, the seventh by that name, recognizes he did instruct you to voyage to Jerusalem to help in sacred growth there. I do not recall saying that the Legatus was to be disregarded though. As you may have made a simple misinterpretation we do assume some of the fault in this and are willing to forego the major part of the punishment on this fault.

Ramon Muntaner (O.P.), as you still have some fault in not having completed the canon law requirements for the order and the inquest we do command you, servant of the Sacred Texts, to these folowing acts of obedience and contrition.

Ramon Muntaner (O.P.), you are ordered by this Papal Bull to provide the charter of the Dominican Order, defining its structure and purpose within 15 days of receiving this command.

Brother Ramon, you are commanded to fast and pray for the duration of this first task, until there is a record of a completed charter, signed and accepted by His Holiness, Alexander VII, and upon receiving letters of forgiveness bearing the signatures of all the persons of the Ancient Theological Faith that you called upon to witness or to justify evidences during the incomplete inquest.

We, Alexander, seventh by that name, command and hold you to a vow of silence and seclusion from speaking of matters of Iberia or inquest or any politics for a term of 40 days and nights. This will not include correspondence that is solely for the purpose of the second command in this Bull. Any who threaten you for keeping such a vow are to be shown this writ. If they persist in compelling you to violate these instructions you are to inform the Holy See immediately.

Ramon Muntaner, you are to know this as well. For his intentional errors in canon law and obedience, that the man who placed you in peril with the faith, known as Clemente De Ponte, has been defrocked. His response to this and the Legatus were such blasphemy that the authority he disregarded was also forced to remove any remaining authority in his abuse of the faith. This was sadly the extreme necessity to protect the faith, the Rite of Excommunication. Please do not compound the unintentional errors you may have made, by attempting to make contact or communion with the impious and unrepentant sinner, lest this measure of discipline and reminder of the true authority of the church of Immanuelle be applied against you as well.

Walk in the Light of the Almighty forever and go in Peace. Spread the Word!

"vitam aeternam, fides aeternam, actio semper"
~Alexander VII~

Summus Pontifex - Theological Church,
Comte de Reims,
Master of theology of Ancient Theological Church

After allowing the Vice Chancellor to read the Bull, it was left to a priest of the Chancellery to dispatch to the Dominican.

"The last man you have mentioned is Ioans de Tata. Your Excellency, you are correct that the man entered seminary. That is our only reason to mention him besides his obvious connection and possible influence over the excommunicated Clemente. What matters of his marriage is not that he has one, but that it not be committed after his oath of office to the clergy. The matter was decided at Sjaelland Ecumenical Council of September 1315. Then and there the rites of marriage were forbidden to priests, not laymen followers. Seminary is not priesthood and this marriage was between two followers. All that remains is whether he should be frocked at all since he is married, or whether his politics are too strong a belief in him to allow the proper performance of his duties. His marriage, being committed in a sacred rite of our faith, can only be disposed of in the same manner, another sacred rite. There is the obvious solution though if the taking of vows appears. That he refuse carnal knowledge and proximity to his spouse. I may be friendly to the former Baron and his wife, but this was my view even at Sjaelland and it was never refused by any other officer of the church or the Council. Perhaps we do need to clarify the matter within the Constitutions of the Church."

"For Ioans De Tata refusing the invitations of my Legatus and therefore the authority of the church, yes he should be held to admonishment by the bishop of Valencia, even if he has departed Aragon. Let it follow him as a warning that the sacred .church will not be manipulated or ignored. We give our services to the truth only. The truths of Immanuelle the Savior. Killing your brother because you want his land, was not part of those teachings."

Having said all this and summoned a scribe to take word to the new Bishop of Valencia, the Summus Pontifex escorted Axel Richard from the garden and took him aside.

"Cardinal Axel Richard, there is one last matter. Very delicate matter. I was told you had been somewhat helpful at some time in explaining our faith to the Queen of Italy, Isabella Este. well, she and I spoke recently. She wishes to take more serious steps in the faith, and asks that you could be returned as her tutor in the blessed teachings of Immanuelle and Teos. I want you to consider doing this, as you accompany me back to the Royal Court at Urbino."

Here, the Summus Pontifex stopped his discussion of the past month's events and awaited an idea of how the man would answer. Of course, Alexander VII had thought and prayed much on the topic. He believed the Logos would move the Vice-Chancellor to accept, but if he did not then His Holiness was prepared to command the man to approach the Urbino Queen and offer himself as missionary to the monarch. Of course this would not dismiss him from duties as Scotland's Cardinal in Lothian, but that was just as well, if things did not proceed as well as Alexander VII hoped. The question to Axel hung in the air, waiting for reply. However, as if he was not concerned, Alexander had once again turned at that moment and slowly headed toward the Papal Chapel.

• Local Moderator
« Reply #7 on: 12 June, 2017, 05:57:41 PM »
The cardinal stood there, perfectly motionless while the Pontiff read his report. No emotion or feeling shone through his face, but he was thinking to all what happened in Iberia. The situation he found, the problems he had to solve, scarce cooperation from accused people he had to deal with. He remembered how difficult was to him handwriting that report, asking for those senteces against believers, against a very member of the clergy. He knew very well where his duty laid, his loyalty to Teos and His Church guided him through the path. When the Pontiff finally spoke, agreeing to his request, he felt relieved. A chapter was closed.

When the Pontiff announced he was willing to perform the official rite of excommunication immediately in St. Rocco's cathedral, the cardinal followed him. The terrible splendour of the rite, the Pontiff fully dressed in the most solemn vestments of his high office, the deep meaning of the words and gestures prescribed by the rite to separate forever from the flock of Teos a sheep corrupted and turned into a revanous and wicked wolf, powerfully hit him. He silently asked for forgiveness to Teos, while pronouncing the ritual "fiat!" for not having been able to save a soul, condemning it to the eternal fire. He found his solance in the firm knowledge of being of service to the Church and his supreme ruler, vicar and representative of Immanuel on Earth.

On the coming day, he had another meeting with His Holiness, where the Pontiff prescribed penalties for the two remaining culprits. He would like to make a remark about some specific utterances made by the Pontiff, but he deemed it not necessary after all. The decision was made, it was time to face the consequences and, with the help of Teos, to leave this whole matter behind.
When the Pontiff spoke about the Queen of Italy's request of having him as her tutor in her path to the Faith, a spark passed behind his blue eyes.
"If this is Your Holiness will, I will oblige" he said, bowing his head. "The Queen of Italy has recently expressed this desire even personally to myself and I warned her there are peoplewiser than me, who could lead her in her seeking for Teos, but... after all, mysterious are the ways of the Almighty, as Your Holiness said just yesterday, we can do nothing but follow Him. I will be honoured to accompany Your Holiness back to the Royal Court of Italy".

Alexander VII

• Local Moderator
« Reply #8 on: 20 June, 2017, 08:40:24 PM »
 The Vice Chancellor was a man of surprises today, but they suited His Holiness well. The Logos did indeed move within all of us, even those who did not yet recognize it. It was a comforting thought to Alexander VII. After His Most Righteous Excellency,(H.M.R.E.) Axel Richard had said, " .....I will be honoured to accompany Your Holiness back to the Royal Court of Italy". There was a brief pause while His Holiness considered the man and what he had said. Then a plan came together in his mind.

"I want to make a brief request of the Senate tomorrow. Then we shall all go to the royal court in Urbino and see what future awaits. While I am at the Senate, please send a courier ahead letting Her Royal Majesty (H.R.M.), Queen Isabella Este, know that our party will be traveling in the next day or two back to her court."

{To Be Continued in....Return of the Summus Pontifex Alexander VII, (June 1317)}