Author Topic: The Courthouse in Lothian;  (Read 485 times)

(RIP) Anderson Buck

• General group
  • Honour: 0
The Courthouse in Lothian;
« on: 27 May, 2017, 09:31:12 AM »

The street frontage is provided by a wall topped off with iron railings, and steps lead up to an open area in front of the courthouse itself. Benches and tall trees surround the open area, providing a location for one to rest and think. The Courthouse itself is a tall building made of large stone blocks with an imposing square tower complete with an octagonal upper stage projecting from the frontage of the main building. A large wooden double door marks the entrance to the building, and the seal of Scotland is affixed above it. [ - Written, I think, by Millicent Reine in 1310.  After she died, and between the years 1310 and 1313 - when the kingdoms became the United Kingdoms - Bruce proclaimed there was no law in Scotland and that people were required to settle their disputes civilly and privately.  When the kingdoms merged we just copied them which James Balliot the King of England wrote and posted a notice of the change to our forum.  Since that time there have been marginal laws established, most notably by Sandy Wallace, but still I believe we've not had a Judge in Scotland since the time of Millicent.  And it could be nigh time we made that a priority, especially if we would like to modify the face of that building, but to be honest there's never been any real pressing reason to have a Judge in Scotland.  The Regent may change the Law any time they need to.  And if somebody did a thing we didn't like we nominally just declared war, which is probably fairly accurate from a historical point of view.  I obviously need help in this article the most. ]