Author Topic: Death of a Great man...  (Read 1284 times)

(RIP) Pavao Kačić

• General group
  • Honour: 0
Death of a Great man...
« on: 19 May, 2017, 11:26:07 PM »
I was sitting in my tent in the camp just outside Valencia writing something when my friend Héctor entered.
-Greetings Sir Marin I have news from France.
-What news?
-Did you heard about a man named Olivier de Montmorency?
-Yes of course a Great man and a very important noble in France.Why?
-I have heard that he died in April.
-What! Why didn't you tell me before?
-Sorry Sir I have found that out only now.
-Listen he was very important to France, a Great man and our friend and he must not be forgotten.You and I Héctor we shall go to Paris to visit his grave and have a Requiem mass for his immortal soul which is with Our Lord Teos now.
-Yes Sir.
A day later we were on our way to the glorious city of Paris.The roads were good and the journey was a comfortable one.After we arrived we headed streight to the cementery just outside Paris.
We have walked for less than a minute when we came across a big tomb with a name written in gold 'Olivier de Montmorency'.
-A Great tomb for a Great man.
-Indeed Héctor.!
-Now give me a candle.
We have lighted a candle and put it in front of his grave.
-Héctor call a priest its time for a Requiem mass for Sir Oliver's soul. Also write to every noble in France and write to my Glorious master Iohannes and his wife Alys that there will be a mass for Oliver de Montmorency in Paris.
Signed

(RIP) Ioans De Tata

• General group
  • Beatae Chaterinae anuli anulifer
Re: Death of a Great man...
« Reply #1 on: 20 May, 2017, 09:07:28 PM »
The venerable sister Carlita of France had answered my prayers for three Requiem masses to be heard for the First Baron of France.
The ride was long. I stopped in Provence with my cousins the Baux and Omelas, then headed towards Avignon, to see if the people there have loyalty to the Pope. It was not the case yet. Even though Catharism and Paganism still persist in those lands, there is hope emanating from Tolosa, where a bishopric is being erected.
The lands of Burgundy were dazing in their flawless vineyards, all up the Rhone and then the Loire, I rode alone, and hoped to meet Aliz in Paris already.
Three days at least of riding passed, until I was finally at the Palais de la Cite', seat of Marie de France.
After an exchange of gifts, we headed towards the Sainte Chapelle to hear mass.

I was allowed to pray at the Chapel Royal ceaselessly, which I still do, in complete isolation.
Soon I would be reunited with the Royal family, and the two sons of Olivier, still at tender age, and the Gentlemen of France, and Marin de Monzon and his men, and the countess my wife.
I waited till the bells rang.
Iohannes

(RIP) Ioans De Tata

• General group
the Bells of Awakening
« Reply #2 on: 21 May, 2017, 03:02:19 AM »
The bells rang, I perceived evil afoot, for there were rushed steps to be heard alongside the bells of Compline.

I crossed my chest, rose and turned to meet whoever was coming.

A livrayed man of the Queen entered and bowed. He proclaimed dignifiedly:

"Messire duc; may it be known to you that the King of Aragon has seized your lands while you were away, and banished yourself and all the Knights who took part in the Crusade of Liberation of the Holy City, of this April. Also an Inquisitor of the Dominican Order. Lord Alain of Ascalon has retired to Cyprus".

I merely stared at him for some time, unsure what to make of it. Obviously what the people had been saying was true. I crossed myself again. It was not a time to think of what horrors I would see when I return to Aragon, but to look forward to the easing of passing of a man's eternal soul.

I returned to my prayers and waited for my wife to bring me my Rosary.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hours later, I was awakened, still upon my knees, by a warm hand upon my shoulder. I kissed said hand, and took what it was giving me. Before I had turned my head for to speake, my love was at the other side of the aisle, already with her hands enjoyned, eyes closed in silent prayer.

I continued my prayers as well.
« Last Edit: 21 May, 2017, 11:50:35 AM by Ioans De Tata »
Iohannes

(RIP) Carlita Borgia

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #3 on: 21 May, 2017, 11:07:49 PM »
The bells were rung somberly and yet could not stop their joyful sound with a simple mournful pace . Why should they? How could they want to?
Another man of France and of Teos was recalled to his heavenly reward. When is it a true sorrow for any man to be reunited with the creator?
Yet, for Reverend Carlita there was a thin glass of sorrow that felt like it changed the brightness of the sunlight shining through the stain glass of the apse windows, so not everything was bright and sparkling.

While she had been in prayer and seclusion of her hermitage her friend and a man she respected, Baron Olivier De Montmorency, had taken an unknown illness. He had not recovered and because Reverend Mother Borgia was not in reach at the time and right now she felt that in some way she should have been there. That was pity though. It was an evil that had taken him, perhaps in temptation to draw her back from her hallowed meditations. Now both were closer to their divine Father, but today she was reminded of that sincere feeling of a personal loss, though she had not been one of the Baron's closest companions.

On this day it had been decided to hold the first of 3 Requiem Masses, even though it was outside the prescribed timings. Today in the Sacti Chapel was to be the more private and personal service. The burial having been completed by the chapter monks a month before while the Reverennd Sister was away.  The smoke of the candles and the censure scented the air slightly with a mix of beeswax and of frankinsence and myrrh. The watering at the corner of the eyes could be excused as from the smoke of the incense also.

As she and the senior monks of Paris entered the Requiem Aeternam (Introit) was begun.
She alone stopped before the effigy of Olivier and the plinth on which it was laid, being his sarcophagus lid.
There she started pronouncing the following formula: "Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis. Te decet hymnus Dominum, in Etruria, et tibi reddetur votum in Veius. Exaudi orationem meam; ad te omnis caro veniet."
As the Introit continued and the procession continued moving to their stations in the chapel.

The Aeternam complete she turned toward the East and approached the altar. She turned around again to face the mourners and the carved effigy of Baron Montmorency as it had been made in the alabaster stone of his sarcophagus lid. Her gaze paused briefly on each of them and began the Kyrie Eleison.

"Kyrie eleison;
Immanuelle eleison;
Kyrie eleison."

"Kyrie eleison;
Immanuelle eleison;
Kyrie eleison."

"Kyrie eleison;
Immanuelle eleison;
Kyrie eleison."

Then she begin to bless the article before her, as it was to be the capstone of the Baron's resting place on hallowed grounds of the family crypt.

Reverend Mother Carlita began, incensing and besprinkleing all around, with these worlds "Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis; In memoria aeterna erit iustus ab auditione mala non timebit." while Choir sings: "Subvenite Sancti Dei, occurrite Angeli Domini /Suscipientes animam ejus /Offerentes eam in conspectu Altissimi./Suscipiat te Immanuel, qui vocavit te/et in sinum Matusae Angeli deducant te".

Clearing her own throat and gazing at the gathered friends the Reverend Mother stepped forward toa small lecturn and madde commment to the bereaved.
" Friends, children of the Light, family of the noble man who has exited our presence, this service is a chance for all of us to be reeunited by the man who brought us here today. His presence is among us as we celebrate his life and our love for him as individuals and as the community of France. I wish to pause here for us all to offer a moment of prayer and maybe some of your own words about this man so soon gathered to the loving arms of the Heavenly Father, teos."

Carlita took a moment to step to the left of the lecturn and smiled encouragingly to the gathering.

Here in this thread  I have tried to respectfully blend what was expected and what we have in the published game "Roman Rites"

WHAT IS THE REQUIEM MASS?
The Requiem Mass, a mass honoring the deceased, is usually sung on the day of burial, (already passed beynd reasonable scope of this RP)
and the following anniversaries:
 the third, seventh and 30th days following interment.

The Requiem Mass consists of (but might not include):

Requiem Aeternam (Introit)
Kyrie Eleison
Lacrimosa
Dies Irae
Domine Jesu (Offertorium)
Sanctus
Benedictus
Pie Jesu
Agnus Dei
Lux Aeternum
Libera Me
In Paradisum

Primula Maria Van Rossun

• General group
« Reply #4 on: 22 May, 2017, 04:25:33 PM »
While watching the somber song of sister Carlita, I start thinking : " I felt that sometimes, did I do many changes here and did I give my friends time ,after I already reach my goal ..." 

After Carlita finish her ceremony for Baron Olivier de Montmorency, I felt that I wish to say something, and I wish to start the mass, feeling it is the least I can do for my loyal friend who helped me in the past, so I stand up from my seat and walk to the front and while doing so, I look at Sister Carlita eyes , giving her message, that I want to go there and say something.

I reach the front of those gathered mass, I spoke :
" Friends, Family and loves ones of departed Baron Olivier de Montmorency, a loyal and brave man , who help me , in my times of needs, I am proud to have him , as my friend, my confidant and a loyal servant of France.

Who hasn't betray me and the people, doing his best to make France, a kingdom friendly to not just the citizens of France, but to all those that enter the kingdom, his ideas, some of which I rejected and some I approve, his blunt and straight forward way of addressing me, I missed them all.

While he is not strong physically as Baron Pierre, he make it up with wit and ingenuity.

I wish for all of you to remember this day, Thank You
"

Then I left the stage, walking to my friends, sitting besides them , regret comes to my mind, as my I never say to Oliver , that he did an excellent work...and I guess reform that I was bragging about...

(RIP) Ioans De Tata

• General group
« Reply #5 on: 22 May, 2017, 05:56:01 PM »
I stood up, and bowed my head to the gathered faithful:

Olivier was the First Immanuelite Baron, so they called him, and first Baron of France. He was lord of Montmorency, third of his name, my friend and correspondent, at all times, friend of the faith.

He was one of direct measures, direct communication, and righteousness. He among others recognised the importance of Royal writ and law, emblemata and chartularia. He compiled the greatest so known collection of offices and lands of the Crown, perhaps from the times of William of Normandie. He was the Suger of modern France, and gave to the land and the Queen, hope and dignity.

We will remember Lord Olivier III Montmorency, for as long as his name is on our lips, and for as long as his legacy stands.

France is his pride and legacy, may it live forever!

I sat down.

Iohannes

(RIP) Pavao Kačić

• General group
« Reply #6 on: 22 May, 2017, 08:35:38 PM »
-Sir it's time for your talk. Héctor whispered on my ear.
I stood up, bowed to the gathered people, cleared my throat and began to talk.:

Sir Oliver was a great man,he was Baron of Montmorency and only man I knew in France.
He was a man of the faith and was very dedicated in recording and studying history of his kingdom.
I remember him as a man who was:direct, intelligent,dedicated,  brave,righteous and loyal to France and it's Queen.
In my mind and in the mind of all the French men and women he will be remembered as one of the Greatest sons of France and it's first and Greatest Baron.

Let his name never to be forgotten and always celebrated.

Amen.

I sat down.
« Last Edit: 22 May, 2017, 08:45:50 PM by Marin Radosevic »
Signed

(RIP) Carlita Borgia

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #7 on: 26 May, 2017, 05:02:06 AM »
Requiem æternam dona eis, Domine:.........Eternal rest give unto them, O Lord(Teos);
et lux perpetua luceat eis.............................and let perpetual lightshine upon them.
In memoria æterna erit iustus:....................The just shall be in everlasting remembrance;
ab auditione mala non timebit.....................he shall not fear the evil hearing.

On that ending Carlita raised her arms above the shoulders to the entire gathering and began the Tract

Absolve, Domine,.................................................Absolve, O Lord(Teos)
animas omnium fidelium defunctorum.............the souls of all the faithful departed
ab omni vinculo delictorum................................from every bond of sin.
Et gratia tua illis succurrente,.............................And by the hel of Thy grace
mereantur evadere iudicium ultionis.................may they be enabled to escape the avenging judgement.
Et lucis æternae beatitudine perfrui..................and enjoy the bliss of everlasting light.

Having signalled for the hymn Sister Carlita returned to the front of the altar and  began again to seak to the gathered faithful and friends.
"We celebrate the death of the Great Baron, Olivier De Montmorency, in it we recognize his life and the life everlasting that is surely his reward. This we celebrate is the 3rd day requiem in recognition of the 3 days of death that our savior, Immanuelle, had suffered in sacrifice to all mankind living past and present who believed in His words and the Divine Love of Our Father in Heaven, Teos. Please recall, the Sacred Texts The Book of the Passion.

And the Savior, Immanuele, said, 'And yet, in truth I tell you there is still a place in heaven for people like you! '  Immanuelle asked him, 'Tell me, do you believe?' Hearing His words Tito was enlightened by the Logos and he replied, 'Yes my Lord, King of Kings, I believe in you!''And so, you will follow me, to my right.' concluded Immanuelle.
 In this way and in His victory over death we are all welcomed by acts of pure  faith into the house of the Lord Teos Most High forever."

The next came, Lacrimosa.
Lacrimosa dies illa.....................Full of tears will be that day
Qua resurget ex favilla...............When from the ashes shall arise
Judicandus homo reus..............The guilty man to be judged;
Huic ergo parce, Deus:...............Therefore spare him, O Teos,
Pie Jesu Domine,........................Merciful Lord, Immanuelle,
Dona eis requiem. Amen............Grant them eternal rest. Amen.

As the gathering and choir monks finished the Sister turned to the Altar again and sprinkled the sarcophagus carved lid again with the oil of myrrh and blessed waters. While she did this slowly and solemnly the Dies Irae began. A beautiful chant full of the solemnity of the faith and service. A fitting song for any believer who had dedicated his life to Teos and France as had Baron Olivier De Montmorency.

The service continued from there with the solemn music of the Domine Immanuelle (Offertorium) sung by the monks and priests gathered in the great Cathedral of Notre Dame de Paris. Then Carlita chanted the Sanctus along with the gathered observants.

Sanctus, Sanctus, Sanctus
Dominus Teos Sabaoth.
Pleni sunt caeli et terra gloria tua.
hosanna in excelsis.

Benedictus qui venit in nomine Teos
Hosanna in excelsis.

There Carlita began to prepare the sacraments of the communion, as she raised the elements she used a clear and melodius vice and chanted the following ritual
Immanuelle, qui tollis peccata mundi; dona eis requiem
Immanuelle, qui tollis peccata mundi; dona eis requiem
Immanuelle, qui tollis peccata mundi; dona eis requiem sempiternam.

Then she pronounced the communion for the soul of their friend and the gathering in the Lux Aeternum.
The next two elements finished the formal service in a beutiful set of voices that memoralized the coming ressurection and the joys of the life eternal;Libera Me and the brief In Paradisum
And here the real requiem mass ended while the final services followed.

Carlita motioned for the friends who had been chosen and the clergy to come forward and raise up the linth with the beautifully carved likeness of their friend on it. As the men raised it and Carlita walked forward to lead them out she whispered a private repetition of the line from the In Paradisum
"May the choir of angels receive thee, true and faithful friend of France."

When they reached the family mausoleum, so large and ornate as an ancient noble line of France would deserve the bearers entered with Carlita and the queen. There, they paused a moment gazing at the wrapped and embalmed body of their friend, only his shape showing under the heavy death shroud.

Carlita uttered the last lines of the rite and the lid bearing his likeness was lowered and locked into lace over the body.
After that the solemn Mess is completed, the funeral procession go to the entombment place where the Priest, sprinkleing for the third time, declaims "Absolve Domine animas omnium fidelium defunctorum ab omno vinculo delictorum et gratia tua illis succurente mereantur evadere iudicium ultionis, et lucis aeternae beatitudine perfrui"

She turned quietly and left the others with their final thoughts to greet all the gathering outside and bless them as they left.