Author Topic: In memory of Damion Eastwood and Nicoletta Doria  (Read 670 times)

Budrys Iš Vilniaus

• Local Moderator
  • Honour: 0
In memory of Damion Eastwood and Nicoletta Doria
« on: 20 April, 2017, 08:09:46 PM »
Out of the battlefields of the deserts Budrys sailed north to Sweden. As he disembarked there terrible news reached him. His old friend and brother in faith Damion Eastwood departed the mortal realm to in search of the everlasting glory of his ancestors. With the hands already used to this task primicerius  cut one tree after another to build the mighty pyre one worthy of his dear friend. But as the wooden mountain grew priest knew that no matter how high he builds nothing can be equal to Damions legacy. Still he continue until morning became evening and evening moonless night... Then he put the departed body on the pyre and looked at the people that came. 
« Last Edit: 07 May, 2017, 02:48:43 PM by Budrys Iš Vilniaus »

Budrys Iš Vilniaus

• Local Moderator
Re: In memory of Damion Eastwood and Nicoletta Doria
« Reply #1 on: 07 May, 2017, 02:57:29 PM »
Sounds of the galloping horse interrupted the ceremony.  The messenger arrived bringing the news urgent letter to the Budrys. High priest took it and read it quickly. Words on the parchment shocked and saddened him deeply as he started to understand its terrible meaning: Nicoletta dear wife of Damion perished from grief unable to live without her beloved.

Mustering all his will Budrys composed himself and announced the news to the people gathered. He declared that this couple that death itself was unable to divide must rest in peace together in perpetuity. 

Harald Magnusson

• General group
« Reply #2 on: 10 May, 2017, 01:38:13 AM »
Death. That was the message brought him to the Palace in Linköping.  Nicoletta, the quite, silent, sweet wife of Damion passed away to reach her husband on the world beyond the curtains.

Harald decided to take the leave to go to Vastergotland to murn his friends personally. Some clouds depicted the sky in the morning the day Harald moved to Vastergotland; it would have been a  one day journey towards the western lands of Sweden, at sunset he hoped to be there.

Gustav Wolfsangel

• General group
« Reply #3 on: 09 July, 2017, 12:13:18 AM »
I approach the area were the bonfires lay...
the ashes of my Lord and Lady...Damion and Nicoletta....the Pagan priests have since taken them away, but, I know this is the place...
I was a sworn sword to Duke Damion and Duchess Nicoletta before their deaths....so much of what I am is because of them.
I set down my axe before the site of the pyre and say a prayer to Odin.
tears stream from my eyes...
My day of joy approaches and I wish that Damion and Nicoletta were here to share it with my bride and myself....
I gather a small clump of the dirt from the pyre and place it in a small pouch...I want to carry it with me to the Ostergotland Hof on the day of my wedding.
Two Ravens fly overhead then perch on a nearby stump....
I tuck the pouch of dirt and ash into my tunic and continue my journey...
« Last Edit: 09 July, 2017, 06:51:11 AM by Gustav Wolfsangel »

Michael Soldano

• General group
« Reply #4 on: 10 July, 2017, 11:24:07 PM »
The pyres had long burned out by the time the tragic news reached England.  Although in Sweden with his retinue for the wedding, Soldano traveled by him self to Vastergotland to pay his respects.

He arrived before dawn, and stood a silent figure until full day light.  Time to move onto the wedding think of happier times to come.