Author Topic: Wedding of H.E. Theophilos Katakouzinos and H.R.M. Queen Giada Merisi of Cyrene  (Read 1803 times)

Sisto V

• General group
  • Honour: 0
Pope Sisto V entered the Pontifical Chapel to personally verify if everything was ready for the ceremony that should be held in the evening.
The marriage banns had been secretly affixed one month before in the Chapel board, as usual for such important events:
His Excellency Theophilos Katakouzinos
Judge of Konstantinoupolis and Chancellor of the Byzantine Empire

and

Her Royal Majesty Gilda Merisi
Queen of Cyrene and Viscountess of Urgela

ANNOUNCE

their marriage in the Light of Teos.

The Ceremony will be held in the Pontifical Chapel of Rome, the third day of June, A.D. MCCCXVI
and will be officiated by His Holiness Sisto, fifth of this name, Summus Pontifex of the Holy Roman Church.

Everything seemed to be ready: the Chapel Master was a good one and knew how to prepare the church for such an event.
There were flowers everywhere to celebrate the new life that had to start that evening, and a great feast had been prepared for the night with the best sicilian wines provided by the Pope, who had been Cardinal in Palermo and knew well those lands.

The bride and the groom were reaching Rome, and maybe their bestmen had already landed.

Sisto waited for them and for the audience they had invited, praying Tehos for the couple and for the whole Church.
Sommo Pontefice di Santa Romana Chiesa
Rettore del Pontificio Seminario Teologico di Roma

picture removed by CrazyToe
signature was not edited despite friendly request

Prometeo Cagliostro

• General group
Don Prometeo Cagliostro was very busy with all the Clergy in the challenging work of the Council, but he had promised to his good friend Theophilos he would attend the celebration of his marriage and for nothing in the world he would have broken his word.
Then he entered the Chaper Master and immediately noticed the grandeur of the Holy Pontiff who, from the sacred altar, dominated the crowd that had come to attend the ceremony.
From a distance he saw entering the Judge of Kostantinopoli: he was smiling and beaming face, obviously excited,  advancing the aisle with strong and proud pace. Beside him, beautiful and charming, Queen Gilda Merisi captured everyone's attention with her regal gait. Both were obviously happy and greeted the crowd that admired them envious; so Don Prometeo decided to stay in the back rows, determined to see the ceremony whispering: "My best wishes my friends, Theos always accompany you during your life together."
« Last Edit: 04 June, 2016, 10:25:05 AM by Prometeo Cagliostro »

(RIP) Anaksimandros Laskaris

• General group
  • Honour: 1
The trip all way here  from Konstantinoupolis to Rome through lands and seas was not easy, but entering such a great city for the first time was so pleasing-for-the-eye that tireness went away instantly.Arriving early on an beautiful day helped Anaksimandros  to wander around for some time before the wedding.His friend Theophilos , a young man that together they had spent  many hours in the Training Gounds and the Battlefields, was about to marry his beloved.Could not miss it!!!

Everything was perfectly arranged so the guests were waiting for the bride just before the sunset.It was her moment, she should have her time before meeting the groom for the last time as seperate ones.After that Queen Gilda and Theophilos would be together for life 

(RIP) Berton Berton

• General group
This time the tour of duty was really pleasant for the marshall, surveillance for a joyous ceremony didn't happened often in the past. Sometimes circumstances were nearly the opposit.
He had never met before these newlyweds, but that was going to change soon.

(RIP) Beatrice D'aquino

• General group
  • Baby Member
The long-awaited day has arrived. Beatrice feels great admiration for the Queen Gilda, and while she combs Her long golden hair and she lays the veil, she whispers words of comfort to the Queen.
Queen Gilda is very beautiful with her royal dress, She is very excited  and while She heads to the Chapel Master, She takes the hands of Beatrice and looking into her eyes says: "My dear and true friend, thank you. Teos always protect you.". Then Queen Gilda greets all guests and His Holiness Sisto V, He is illuminated by the light of Teos and He is shining.
Finally, Gilda sees Theophilos, and both are radiant and happy. Beatrice looks at the bride and groom and meanwhile she thinks "My dear friends, I wish you much happiness and unconditional love. The love of Teos always accompanies you".

Gilda Merisi

• General group
At the entrance of the Pontifical Chapel, Queen Gilda was with Beatrice D'aquino. Beatrice was holding a beautiful bouquet of flowers with five ears of rice in the shape of a  fan, a symbol of the coat of arms of the Merisi family.
Beatrice was walking slowly behind the Queen. Gilda was very excited and at every step that approached to Theophilos, she felt heart beating wildly.
Theophilos was waiting quivering the Queen Gilda, their eyes met. She was beautiful with her long dress and her hair, of the same color has the gold, was shrouded in a veil of white silk.
The Queen looked round, She noticed the presence of many people which they all shared this great joy. She smiled and greeted Them, and then She turned one's eyes on the altar and met the radiant look of His Holiness, Pope Sixtus V. The sweetness of His face reassured Gilda.
The Chapel was decorated with fresh and fragrant flowers, and was illuminated from the sun's rays which creating wonderful plays of light, the eternal light of Teos.
Divine energy source of life.
It was an important event for all people. Queen of Cyrene was starting a new life full of love for the beloved Theophilos and for all her people.
Their love is strengthened and enriched by the blessing of Teos.
« Last Edit: 05 June, 2016, 08:06:09 PM by Gilda Merisi »
Gilda Merisi, Princess of Konstantinoupolis

Gregorios Kantakouzenos

• General group
Gregorios came late at the ceremony, the recovery from the illness wasn't easy as expected and the return from the 15 days of meditation didnt clear his mind. He was holding something tight at his right palm. He passed all the nobles without the appropriate stop to find Theophilos before the marriage. He wanted to give him...

it was our grandfather's ring, he wanted to have the first who would married. The ring is so old that no one remembered if it was made at Constantinople or even at Rome. Gregorios was very proud to seeing Theophilos taking the ring and heading to the chapel, because the beautiful bride was coming already. He was sure that the ring passing from Roman to Roman was at good hands.

Gracia Mendoza

• General group

Most members of the Holy Roman Church Clergy were lodged at the Pontifical Palace while they held the First Council summoned by His Holiness Sisto V.

The Holy Father had announced he was going to officiate personally the ceremony of marriage between H.R.M Gilda Merisi of Cyrene and H.E. Theophilos Katakouzinos, and all the Clergy was invited to attend the wedding, that would take place at the Pontifical Chapel.

The Chapel looked espectacular, and from the choir, where R. Mother Caterina and Sister Gracia were sitting, they could see every guest.
So far, Gracia had recognized H.E. Gregorius Katakouzenos, who, besides all his titles, was also her Decanus at the Universitas Borgiana of Valencia, and a very close relative of the groom. She saw how the two Katakouzenos interchanged a few words before they awaited the bride.
She also saw H.E. Berton among the personalities. Gracia had heard about most of them but had never met them before.

His Holiness was ready, flanked by some of the Cardinals, who will co-officiate the ceremony. He sometimes talked to the groom, who looked absolutely happy, and looked every minute towards the main entrance. The Bishops and the R. Fathers started singing, the clean voice of Mother Caterina like an angel...

Then the beautiful bride came in the Chapel; her maid of honour Dama Beatrice D´aquino a few steps behind, smiling.

While they approached the main altar, Gracia thought that Love was certainly a miracle, that to meet your twin soul is indeed difficult, that to make friendship turn love takes time and care and she felt so happy for those two.

Theos bless their union, and bring prosperity to their home!

« Last Edit: 07 June, 2016, 08:51:14 PM by Gracia Mendoza »

Sisto V

• General group
The newlyweds met each other in the middle of the Chapel. Then, preceded by a thurifer and two altar servers bearing candles and followed by Lady Beatrice d'Aquino, maid of honour of Queen Gilda, and H.E. Anaksimandros Laskaris, best man of the groom, they arrived in front of the Altar.

The crowd was muttering, but when the group reached the Altar everybody kept quiet.

The Pope, surrounded by the Cardinals, asked to the newlyweds if the wedding they were going to celebrate was based on the will of the couple or if there was coercion of any type; when they answered that they sincerely wanted to get married, He asked to the maid of honour and the best man and received a double confirmation.

The ceremony could start.

Dear Daughter, -he started, talking to the Queen- please repeat after Us:
"I Gilda Merisi, Queen of Cyrene, promise, in front of Teos, to respect the Holy Matrimony Commitment wich only the death will be able to break".

The bride repeated the sentence, slowly, after him.

Then, the Pope asked the same thing to the groom, who pronounced in a loud voice the sentence: I Theophilos Katakouzinos, Judge of Konstantinoupolis, promise, in front of Teos, to respect the Holy Matrimony Commitment wich only the death will be able to break.

His Holiness Sisto V blessed the rings they had brought, then they exchanged them.

Kneeling in front of the Altar, the couple received the blessing of the Pontiff who announced the occured union:
Ego conjungo vos in matrimonio in nomine Patris, Filii et Logi. Quae Teos coniunxit nemo separit.

The ceremony was concluded: Her Royal Majesty Queen Gilda Merisi and His Excellency Theophilos Katakouzinos were finally wife and husband.
Sommo Pontefice di Santa Romana Chiesa
Rettore del Pontificio Seminario Teologico di Roma

picture removed by CrazyToe
signature was not edited despite friendly request

Theophilos Katakouzinos

• General group
  • Honour: 1
  • Ο τολμών νικά
It was the most beautiful day of my life. I fell in love with my wife the first day I met her. She was the one that put me on the path of Theos and gave me a new prospective for life.

The Pontifical Chapel was beautiful and decorated with flowers and ribbons for the marriage. His holiness Sisto V had everything organized perfectly.

The Chapel was full of people to celebrate this great event. Gilda was beautiful and radiant.

Most of the Byzantine authorities, my best friend Anaksimandros and of course my cousin Gregorios who gave me a present of great sentimental value. Gilda had of course, all of Cyrene to her side. Many of the Rome's authorities honored us with their presence as well.

I will always remember this day and the people that were here for us. Our new life just began.
Θεόφιλος Κατακουζηνός

Αυτοκράτορας Ανατολικής Ρωμαϊκής Αυτοκρατορίας