Author Topic: The Royal Chapel of Burgos [RP]  (Read 1829 times)

Gracia Mendoza

• General group
  • Honour: 0
Re: The Royal Chapel of Burgos [RP]
« Reply #15 on: 04 January, 2020, 12:08:26 AM »

Since the funeral of former King Lello, Gracia had not visited the Royal Chapel of Burgos. She preferred to pray in the little parish church, that so many good memories had for her. Now it was administrated by Mother Patricia, who took good care of the place, the cloister, the hospital, the small library.

But her first son had been born that very morning, a strong and healthy baby prince.  First she wanted to offer a thanksgiving prayer for that miracle.

Then, looking around, she thought that the baptism ceremony should take place there.  It would be necessary to replace some stained glass windows, broken during the raids that Burgos suffered, bring fresh flowers, and have everything ready.

Gracia Mendoza

• General group
« Reply #16 on: 06 February, 2020, 06:53:59 PM »
Friends and relatives had gathered for the ceremony:

06-Feb-1320, 05:25:01 Froilán Alfaro Mendoza has been introduced to the Sacrament of Confession of : Theological Church.

Reverend Mother Patricia made a beautiful service.

Cousin Don Enrique gifted a golden basin for this initiation. It was so long since somebody had been baptized in the Kingdom.

La Madrina, the baptism Godmother, Lady Teacher Grounded brought the child to the Royal Chapel.

At  the reception that took place at the castle of Burgos, hosted by Vassal Don Enrique Mendoza, to celebrate the event, Queen Gracia had the pleasure to name Reverend Mother Patricia Court Chaplain, for her devotion and sacrifice.

Don Enrique was named Marqués, and the baby prince got the traditional title of the first son; Prince of Asturias.
« Last Edit: 06 February, 2020, 09:26:44 PM by Gracia Mendoza »

Teodoro Sidonio

• General group
« Reply #17 on: 07 February, 2020, 01:47:38 PM »
Cardinal Sidonio attended the ceremony seated on a large wooden bench. One year passed by from the amputation of his leg , but that pain really never left him alone . His body was broken and prematurely old , but his spirit still burned indomitable and unbowed behind his tired face.
Only prayers could get him a decent degree of comfort,so Teodoro was happy to join every religious event he could.
That morning a youngster stood on his knees before Mother Patricia. The Cardinal looked at his features. Something was familiar in  the Froilàn's face , something not directly inherited from his illustrious parents.
Teodoro had a quick movement of the hand , and Carmela was just behind him.

"Do you need something ,Eminence?"-the woman whispered.

"Indeed , my friend. I'd like to give my personal benediction to the young Prince. Bring him to me after the ceremony. And Carmela , please be gentle”

Carmela bowed with a smile on hers face.
 "As you wish , Father. I'll be gentle just as I use to be with you"

Teodoro winced.
"Not that kind of gentleness I mean. Just be polite!"

"Of course , Father"

Teodoro stared at his serf with a firm, stern gaze.