Author Topic: The Royal Chapel of Burgos [RP]  (Read 1474 times)

Teodoro Sidonio

• General group
  • Honour: 0
The Royal Chapel of Burgos [RP]
« on: 24 December, 2016, 11:46:49 AM »
In the rectory of the parish church of Burgos, Father Teodoro was preparing to celebrate the Religious Service of the Nativity.
 As  he took off his field-work clothes, the cleric mentally reviwed the homily that would soon held in front of the population. He would soon celebrated his first service, so he was a bit excited.
With a sigh of emotion, Teodoro donned the cassock, then  stepped through the door that led directly to the small semi-circular apse of
the church and climbed the pulpit.
« Last Edit: 24 December, 2016, 11:50:17 AM by Teodoro Sidonio »

Teodoro Sidonio

• General group
Re: The Royal Chapel of Burgos [RP]
« Reply #1 on: 26 December, 2016, 11:32:52 AM »
Father Teodoro opened his Holy Book and read aloud a passage :

"FROM THE BOOK OF THE SAVIOR

The old carpenter Johan, who preferred a Veientano of the noblest birth and was suffering from the disease of not being able to have children, took under his protection and in his home Rosaria, who was a woman of humble birth. So they began to live in prayer with Rosaria in a cave. Under these conditions the child was born in a bed of straw and was given the name of Immanuel. "

Then he closed the book and said :

"Dear Brothers,dear  Sisters

let me first praise Teos for allowing me to come here to carry out his priestly service. among you, in this small, but active community.
I have come to you without knowing what I would find and, I must say it , I consider myself lucky to have found people like you. Sadly I have not yet met everyone , but I'm sure that soon I'll have the opportunuty to do it.

That said, today I would like to draw your attention on the true meaning of these days of celebration: Immanuel comes from a mother of humble origins , but full of Grace. He born into a cave , the most simple of all houses , but was our Saviour.
What the Holy Scriptures mean? The Scriptures tell us that Simplicity, Hard Work, Harmony and Love are the only keys to access the Salvation.   Hatred, resentment and subterfuge are not admitted at the table of Teos.

Love each other, fully live your life and do happily your work.

The True Faith is always next to us, in the every days life, with its dogmas of Care and Blessing of workers. So never be afraid, we are not alone.

For Teos is Infinite Love.

That was written , that is true!"
« Last Edit: 26 December, 2016, 11:35:28 AM by Teodoro Sidonio »

Gracia Mendoza

• General group
« Reply #2 on: 27 December, 2016, 12:05:36 AM »

Everybody in Burgos was looking forward to meet the new parish priest, Father Teodoro, who had just arrived from Rome a few days ago.
Gracia was specially happy to know that this year they will have a service to celebrate the festivities.
Now she was listening with great attention to Father Teodoro speech, and enjoying the peacefull moment. She could see all her neighbours there, all of them dressed with their best clothes, following the solemn mass.

(RIP) Lello Da Chianciano

• General group
« Reply #3 on: 27 December, 2016, 01:03:40 AM »
As all the other citizens, King Lello was very curious to listen to the first service of Father Teodoro, expecially because he came in  Castile and Leon right now, in those days of ful of religious meanings.
Lello had just a fast conversation with Father Teodoro after he choose to stay in Burgos as new parish and he decided to appoint him as Court Chaplain for his humble approach to his new assignment.
Now, after listening to the first part of the today's celebration, Lello believes that Teodoro is the right person to lead the faithful castilian citizens in the reconstruction of the Kingdom of Castile and Leon.

Teodoro Sidonio

• General group
« Reply #4 on: 02 January, 2017, 11:58:45 PM »
Bow down to receive the blessing

The peace of Teos,
which transcends all understanding
 keeps your heart and your spirit
in knowledge and love of Him.
The God of all comfort
features in its peace your days,
 and grant you the gifts of his grace.
Fills you with faith, hope and charity,
and makes your life  rich in good works
So you may come to the joy of  Salvation.

And the blessing of Almighty Teos,
Immanuel and Logos, descend upon you and remain with you forever.
Amen

Go in Peace , Missa est.

Gracia Mendoza

• General group
« Reply #5 on: 28 January, 2017, 08:57:04 PM »

CONTEST WINNERS!

Dear Brother and Sisters,
I wish thank you all for the good partecipation to the first ediction of the Prayer Contest.
We have not only restored all the faith points of the Church of Burgos , but we have significantly increased its amount!

And the WINNERS are....

1 RANK : Teacher Grounded. A true praying machine
2 Fernan Sanchez
3 nuño santacruz.

Pax et Bonum
Father Teodoro

Congratulations to the winners! Thanks to our sheperd Father Teodoro for making our community alive!!

Congratulations to the Judge of Burgos, Lady Teacher Grounded for keeping the title of Acolyte of the Kingdom of Castilla and León.

Teodoro Sidonio

• General group
« Reply #6 on: 17 July, 2017, 03:06:34 PM »
The royal chapel had been decorated with long black drapes of mourning. Monsignor Sidonio had sent heralds in half Europe to spread the news of the death of former King of Castile and Leon, Lello da Chianciano. After assuring that the church was perfectly in order, ready to welcome the small crowd of friends and dignitaries who would soon come, Teodoro allowed himself a moment of calm. He walked to the small room that accommodated the mortal remains of Lello, then sat next to the coffin wrapped in the banner of Castile. The Bishop began to speak in his native language, the same language he shared with the former King.
"Perdonami , amico mio , non sono riuscito a salvarti. Se anche solo un mese fa io avessi immaginato che covavi dentro di te una malattia tanto devastante , forse oggi saresti ancora tra di noi. Sono arrivato tardi , e questo cruccio mi accompagnerà per il resto dei miei giorni...Quanto a te , ora che ti trovi nel Regno della Verità potrai osservare dall'alto coloro che tra poco verranno a renderti omaggio. Mi immagino le risate che ti farai nel vederci tutti addolorati nell'atto di porgerti il nostro ultimo saluto...Del resto il lutto è tutto di chi resta , chi se ne va nella grazia di Teos è destinato solo alla letizia eterna.""
After a moment of silence, Teodoro knocked  his knuckles on the coffin and smiled
"Sai a cosa stavo pensando? Mi devi ancora 300  denari. È scortesia andarsene così , non ti pare? Torna indietro , possiamo riparlarne , ti accorderò uno sconto! Però torna.."
The bishop's joyless laughter filled the room , very similar to a lament.
« Last Edit: 17 July, 2017, 03:09:04 PM by Teodoro Sidonio »

Gracia Mendoza

• General group
« Reply #7 on: 17 July, 2017, 11:03:34 PM »

While Gracia  was in Telemark, Father Teodoro took care of all the details.

He ordered to decorate the Royal Chapel properly, sent messangers to the Royal Courts announcing the sad news of King Lello´s death, brought the mortal remains to the capilla ardiente for the vigil before the burial, and set the state funerary service for the next Wednesday.

First thing Gracia did when she touched land was to hurry to the Royal Chapel.  She knew that Father Teodoro would be there, praying for her King, and friend, and companion in life.

May Theos bring Lello´s spirit to His Glory.

Father Teodoro was in the small funerary chapel, sitting next to the coffin,  and apparently having a conversation with the dead King.  Gracia smiled with tender, but when the Bishop looked at her, she couldn´t but burst in tears.

« Last Edit: 17 July, 2017, 11:05:49 PM by Gracia Mendoza »

Teodoro Sidonio

• General group
« Reply #8 on: 18 July, 2017, 01:01:34 AM »
Teodoro looked up and saw Duchess Mendoza. The noblewoman was visibly shocked by the Lello's death , all her body was clearly trembling and her breath was broken by heavy sighs.
Teodoro rose and gave an hug to his friend.
"Gracia , you know that death is not the end of our journey. There are higher places in the skies , where the good men enjoy the Light of our Lord. You can cry , yes...It will make you feel better. But do not cry for Lello , because now he returned to the House of the Father. You have to be strong , now : many peoples soon will be here , we must honor the memory of our former King in the best possible way"
That said , the Bishop stepped back and called his servant. "Carmela, bring us something strong to drink, please."

Teodoro Sidonio

• General group
« Reply #9 on: 19 July, 2017, 03:36:39 PM »
The bigger bell of the Burgos' cathedral began to toll.
Its low and somber tone sounded through the open windows of the near Royal Chapel.
Six noblemen slowly moved to the altar , holding the Lello' s casket on their shoulders.
The boys' choir began to sing :

De profùndis clamàvi ad te, Dòmine;
Dòmine, exàudi vocem meam.
Fiant àures tuæ intendèntes
in vocem deprecatiònis meæ.
Si iniquitàtes observàveris, Dòmine,
Dòmine, quis sustinèbit?
Quia apud te propitiàtio est
et propter legem tuam sustìnui te, Dòmine.
Sustìnuit ànima mea in verbo ejus,
speràvit ànima mea in Dòmino.
A custòdia matutìna usque ad noctem,
speret Ìsraël in Dòmino,
quia apud Dòminum misericòrdia,
et copiòsa apud eum redèmptio.
Et ipse rèdimet Ìsraël ex òmnibus iniquitàtibus ejus. Rèquiem aetèrnam,
dona eis, Domine,
et lux perpètua lùceat eis.
Requiéscant in pace.
Amen.

« Last Edit: 19 July, 2017, 03:39:19 PM by Teodoro Sidonio »

Teodoro Sidonio

• General group
« Reply #10 on: 20 July, 2017, 12:06:49 AM »
The choir ended its chant. The coffin was placed on the foor , just by the altar.
Bishop Teodoro gave his benediction to the casket , then rose to the altar and said :

"Dear Brothers and Sisters , today we are gathered here to give our farewell to the physical existence of our friend Lello da Chianciano.
He was a good King and a great man , generous with his people , loyal with his allies and respectful of the True Faith.
His absence leaves to us a great void that will be difficult to fill. We all loved this man and will continue to remember him with affection in the times to come.
If some of you wishes to spend a few words to remember  Lello , can do it now"
« Last Edit: 20 July, 2017, 12:24:15 AM by Teodoro Sidonio »

Gracia Mendoza

• General group
« Reply #11 on: 20 July, 2017, 02:41:33 AM »
Father Teodoro´s words are always a balm for a sore soul....

First time I contacted Lello Da Chianciano, he was living in the Kingdom of France, and he was Judge in Ile-De-France.

I wrote to him because I had been researching the history of Castilla and León and was impressed when I discovered in how many battles to conquered independent regions he took part, how many construction projects to develop our Kingdom he launched and how important he had been for the prosperity of our lands.

Later, he moved to Burgos, called by our present King Giovanni  Pignatelli and became my Vassal. He encouraged me to accept the role of Chancellor;  he said  I was alredy doing that as cleric, and to be officially appointed will help me to do that task.

I cured him a couple of times during the Great Plague, and I found out he was a man with a great heart, polite, respectful, wise, honorable, loyal, generous, kind, patient, and very funny. We started collaborating together, and a good frienship grew between us.

He gave me a reason to keep working and to go on. If I am still here is thanks to Lello. His friendship is one the best things that has happened to me. I trusted him and he never, never failed me. We had the same opinions about so many aspects, we agreed in so many subjects.

He explained me that if he had survived when he was younger was thanks to Lord Giovanni De Médici and HM. Giovanni Pignatelli. I must thank them to take care of Lello in his youth, so that I have enjoyed his company all this time.

It has been an honour to be his friend, to work with him and to share his projects.

« Last Edit: 26 July, 2017, 02:08:31 AM by Gracia Mendoza »

Alexander VII

• General group
  • Honour: 1
  • When sinking, PRAY! -While good hands bail water!
« Reply #12 on: 24 July, 2017, 08:37:14 AM »
As he is about to attend his evening misial prayer s news comes to him in the gardens at Urbino from the Diocese in Burgos.
It is a message comes to him of a great loss to the Iberian lands and to the church.
The King, Lello Da Chianciano, His former fellow in France and the faithful King of Leon y Castile had moved to the next great journey!

He thanked the messenger, and realized his prayer this evening.
Faith Defines All Things; their remembrances clearly defined make them living custom.

Gracia Mendoza

• General group
« Reply #13 on: 26 July, 2017, 02:01:51 AM »
The Royal Chancellery of Castilla and León received the condolences of H.M.R.E Cardinal Axel Richard von Fersen-Bourbon, Archbishop of Kilrymont and Scotland, Vice Chancellor of the Holy Theological Church.

Sent on: 24-Jul-1317, 18:13

In this grave hour, my words come to you once again. I intend to offer a word of consolation and support on this sad occasion.

I wish to assure you, though, that my mind and my prayers are also with all the good people of Castile.

King Lello was a great and good man, corteous and considered to the very humblest. A man who was always ready to offer his help and support in every moment and for any need. I consider myself to have been lucky to meet him and to cooperate with him when we were in France, and I wished him the very best when he moved to Castile to take the Crown. Now I wish to have had the chance to spend more time with him during my last visit to Burgos, on my way to Barcelona.

I believe that the greatest comfort may come to you through our Holy Faith. A Faith that grants the reward of Heaven for those, like King Lello, who have been worthy during their lives. A Faith that teaches us that death is just a doorway, because resurrection is the gift that Teos granted to His Son Immanuel and through Him to us all. A funeral is therefore no farewell, but a goodbye, for we all shall meet again in the other life.

May these words be of consolation support in your mourning.
May Teos bless you and always protect Castile.

Cardinal Axel von Fersen-Bourbon

« Last Edit: 26 July, 2017, 02:06:45 AM by Gracia Mendoza »

Teodoro Sidonio

• General group
« Reply #14 on: 26 July, 2017, 10:31:38 PM »
The bishop  attentively listened to the words of those who had paid tribute to Lello's memory.
Then he rose from his bench and said
"O Almighty Teos , please welcome your son Lello in the Kingdom of Heaven , allow him to see the Truth that lays far from our poor human sight. We beg you , Eternal Father , to keep the Lello's soul in the Light of Your Love , until the end of times.
May the blessing of our Lord alight on you all and in you forever remain.

Ite , missa est."