Author Topic: Feast - Great Hall  (Read 4641 times)

(RIP) Gregorios Kantakouzenos

• General group
  • Honour: 0
Re: Feast - Great Hall
« Reply #15 on: 16 October, 2016, 11:14:05 PM »
Gregorios stood up and headed to the trobadors,

He thought that it will be a waste of night if we keep the protocol and enjoy with poems and lyrics, and maybe Salo del Tinell new owner dont have objection with the new fashion of dancing at Italian courts...

- Musicians a saltarello please !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzW1P_v6-to

Then he quickly returned to the table and asked Lady Alys

Voulez-vous me donner le plaisir de danser avec vous? ( with a hope that his accent and grammar wasnt so bad...)

(RIP) Alys D'gris

• General group
« Reply #16 on: 17 October, 2016, 12:09:50 AM »
"Ce serait mon honneur de danser avec vous, Dean Gregorios" Of all the titles he had, those of Doctor and Dean  most impressed her. Alys danced with a graceful ease, truly enjoying herself. For a moment, just a moment she was at home in France with her Father teaching the steps, while her Mother played harp.  The memory gave her a bit more confidence.

"I am looking very forward to starting my studies."
Alys d'Gris
Duchess of Valencia
Ambassador of Aragona

Alexandros Kokkinos

• General group
« Reply #17 on: 17 October, 2016, 12:39:49 AM »
I was talking with Lord Ioans the new Comte de Barcelona about how rich and fertile his region is.

My realm is rich,” he said. “If only now I had a Lady to share it.

Just we spied a veiled lady on a great white dress, approaching.

Perhaps this is an omen you must walk down to greet her" i said.

But the Lady entered the dance and as hard as he tried to approach her so she tangle more and more with  the dancers.

Lady, in the name of the man you hold dearest, please halt!
I will,” she said. “And for the sake of you my Lord, you could have asked it sooner.

She lifted her veil and met his gaze. And no woman he had ever looked on seemed lovely next to her.

Lady, what errand brings you here?

My lord, to meet with you is my errand.

No answer could please me more,” said Ioans. “But will you tell me who you are?

(RIP) Ioans De Tata

• General group
  • Beatae Chaterinae anuli anulifer
« Reply #18 on: 17 October, 2016, 01:03:19 AM »
Who was she indeed??? Perhaps a trial of the lord, in the guise of an angel in human form?

I needed air. I sent word to the captain of the Eulalia to prepare the ship for a night voyage. I had also promised the lady de Gris to take her aboard.

The party never noticed me going missing. BY the midnight, I was by the docks, dressed as the simple sailor, waiting for dame Alys.

Iohannes

(RIP) Alys D'gris

• General group
« Reply #19 on: 17 October, 2016, 01:13:32 AM »
The dance completed, Alys gave him a Curtsey. It was then she noticed the woman in white. The conversation seemed to private to share, but then she noticed Iohannes step away. Then she remembered the promised night sail, and she managed to slip away unnoticed,

At the appointed time, she extended her hand to Iohannes "I hope I am not late."
Alys d'Gris
Duchess of Valencia
Ambassador of Aragona

(RIP) Ioans De Tata

• General group
« Reply #20 on: 17 October, 2016, 01:20:30 AM »
I took her hand and grabbed it firm, to help her on board the barge.

I jumped in and yelled the cast off.

Strong arms and strong oars pushed us off the pier, and we were off.

In the distance, BArcelona, and the moon, full, ahead. The breeze was soft. Fishing, the game...
Iohannes

(RIP) Ioans De Tata

• General group
« Reply #21 on: 17 October, 2016, 01:52:46 AM »
Ioans. ye oldbugger...you've not even asked the lady if she likes to smoke...
‹Alys D'gris› I do not care to do so, but go ahead and enjoy yourself.
‹Alys D'gris› I will take no offense.
* Ioans De Tata nods, licking the leaf.
‹Ioans De Tata› There is much more art with this...
‹Ioans De Tata› I do wonder what the party ias gonna look like without us??
‹Ioans De Tata› Gregorios may seduce all the women in the court...
* Ioans De Tata 's back aches after a long day
‹Alys D'gris› I am very glad to be here with you. I was feeling a bit overwhelmed.
‹Ioans De Tata› Yeah...
‹Ioans De Tata› all the titles being swung around.
‹Alys D'gris› It was a bit much for me, though I did enjoy the dance.
‹Ioans De Tata› You got the moves
‹Alys D'gris› I enjoy such.
‹Ioans De Tata› he
‹Ioans De Tata› https://www.youtube.com/watch?...mFj_FkQ
‹Ioans De Tata› for a more legere dance
* Alys D'gris smiled
‹Alys D'gris› and so it is.
* Ioans De Tata gets up and invites to dance.
* Alys D'gris rises and dances with him.
Iohannes

(RIP) Alexander VII

• General group
  • Honour: 1
  • When sinking, PRAY! -While good hands bail water!
« Reply #22 on: 17 October, 2016, 02:59:16 AM »
It had taken some time to travel from Valencia to the new seat of the Comte in Barcelona, but it was Janus own fault and a minor bought of coughs he hoped would remain of no import. The docks of Barcelona were bustling with commerce, portage, and passengers. he had heard talk of a small tavern and boarding house called Los Portales, and had taken rooms there. He thought a moment he had glimpsed another familiar person of France but was not able to stop preparations to be certain. The face reminded him , for some reason, of a hoe and Alys d'Gris, but she was so much differently dressed that Janus dismissed the idea to be approached later.

He had been wondering what to bring when he left France, and was certain a well traveled scholar like the Comte Ioans de Tata would have a rather diverse taste. A pity that Janus had not been able to discuss histories and personalities more back when they had first met. Not to worry, Teos would guide him. Certainly he had. Not one but two small and common treasures were now in Janus's possession.

Forgoing the more formal attire, Janus still wore his purple Cassock adding the Simar and the pallium with its blue triangles and their eyes of Teos, bound  with a waist fascia of green. He placed over his amaranth lined  zuchetto his black Capello with its green and gold cords and violet lining. His Archbishops ring with the blue sapphire, went over a pair of black gloves lined i emerald and turned up at the cuffs. he did not think it was too much, but it took time. Especially since he attached a prayer to the donning of each article. he imagined it was akin to armor being donned by a knight, but did not ever ask. Maybe tonight he would ask. If not the omte then another of his guests.

The Archbishop, in such a fashion arrived, dressed to be represent but in no way arrogant about how his skinny frame filled the attire he had. He knew his shoulders carried it well, but despised how slimming it was. He laughed a little at the image of himself, like a scarecrow only frightening demons and not crows. the image pleased him.

He was questioned very little upon arrival, and his only change of attire was to push the capello off his head to hang on his back between his shoulders. He carried a manuscript and a roll of other papers. He had collected the manuscript from a merchant he was assured was reputable, and the rolled papers, well....he had worked on them ever since arriving and in seeking lodging he noticed something. There was a small Romanesques church here, "outside the wall of Barcelona", consecrated to Santa Rosaria del Pi. Janus had stopped for his vespers benedictions. He was appreciative of the priest and the monks there and their solemn joy. That was when the idea had been born that had left him in a condition that required the gloves. His hands were actually still stained with the sepia ink he had been working with over the drawings.

As he entered Janus simply waited and observed, to see who was there and what was the trend of the evening. Hearing all the poetry and music he wished he had brought his lyre, but it was beyond the moment now.  For a moment he thought he spied Alys again, and was shocked at the transformation. Not to be outdone, their stood Sister Gracia, whom he had only seen before in her clerical vestments and clothes before. "Grace" was certainly the appropriate name.

As the music progressed he finally witnessed Comte Ioans de Tata. The man had a ear for music. Janus tried to approach at the end of the set to happily but reservedly congratulated him, but once again his quarry had eluded him.
"The hunter who waits on the perfect shot often starves." An old idiom, Janus muttered to himself to chide for another missed encounter. The Comte had literally melted into the crowd and was nowhere to be found the rest of that evening.

Janus wasted no time and penned a quick note leaving the gifts with the seneschal.

To the Ioans de Tata,
By Grace of Teos and the power of His sovereign majesty, Draco Borgia, Re of Aragona,
Comte of Barcelona

May the light of Teos ever guide you and under it may you always prosper.

Your grace, it is an honor and a privilege to have been among those invited to celebrate your investiture. as I witnessed, Teos has gifted you with a well developed talent with your hands and the instruments. I pray that these and other talents grow ever sharper in all your tasks, never to be dulled by repetition or difficulty. You have my goodwill and my prayers, my son.

Janus Valerius,
Your contented guest.

Archbishop Janus offered the gentleman before him the small burdens in the crook of his left arm. The paper bound object was a "complete" works of Publius Terentius Afer, all six plays in their original latin. The rolled larger papers were his happiest to give.

Find This image and more at : http://web.archive.org/web/20091027042538/http://es.geocities.com/santa_maria_del_pi/angles/historia.htm#HISTÒRIA

Janus hoped the second gift would be of interest to the celebrated philosopher, historian, officer, and magister.

But now on to other matters.

Hopefully Lady Gracia Mendoza and Lord Berton Berton had not melted into the evening starlight as well. Janus returned to the remaining celebrants and enjoyed all the hospitality of the Comte de Barcelona that were still at his disposal.

Faith Defines All Things; their remembrances clearly defined make them living custom.

Alexandros Kokkinos

• General group
« Reply #23 on: 17 October, 2016, 11:47:21 AM »
I was lucky enough to find at last alone my mentor and dearest friend Lord Gregorios, and after a little talk I asked him who was the most virtuous and beautiful lady with the white dress. The Lord replied that the Baroness of Piombino was renowned everywhere as well for the beauty of her person as for the kindness and generosity of her disposition.

'Then,’ said Lord Gregorios, ‘next time you go that way, give her this little bracelet, with the respectful compliments of one who admires virtue far more than he desires wealth.

With that he pulled the bracelet from his waistband, and handed it to me. I was naturally much astonished, but I said nothing, and I made no objection to carrying out my mentor's plan.

(RIP) Ioans De Tata

• General group
« Reply #24 on: 17 October, 2016, 03:55:09 PM »
We sailed through the night, and in the morning, the flagship returned at port. I left dame de Gris' side while she was still asleep.

The Consell del Govern was waiting for me in the west wing of the Palau Reial. I rushed to change into the robes of state, and ran through the courtyard. The Tinell seemed a tavern, as benches and tables were covered in people, still asleep and passed out. Gregorios was right...

Gregorios and Alexandros Kokkinos were engaged in morning conversation. I waved at them, avoiding them aptly, but I did overhear that the mysterious woman of last night was in fact some Pisan noblewoman. The fears that my wife Sybilla had returned from the grave to haunt me vanished. Even then, the doubt remained.

The lords of the Consell were impatiently thumping their legs and fingers on the table. There was a rampant discussion. I entered and delivered my deliberations concerning the defensive works, and we went on to visit the building sites, all over the city, as the walls were to be refortified, and new towers erected, in the Frankish manner, with round donjeons.

Just before exiting the Tinell, the seneschal shouted a frenetic "my lord!!!"

I stopped to receive a message from father Janus, whom I have not seen since Valencia. It gladdened my heart that he got to Barcelona safely. Rolling the scroll, I told the seneschal:

Say this to Monsignor Janus;  Monsignor, I thank thee for the gifts, especially these days they shall come in handy. And...my talents are at thine disposal!
« Last Edit: 17 October, 2016, 05:15:49 PM by Ioans De Tata »
Iohannes

(RIP) Alys D'gris

• General group
« Reply #25 on: 17 October, 2016, 08:06:56 PM »
Alys woke to the gentle rocking of the ship, disoriented for a moment. Then she remembered the Starlight sail, of casting nets into the water. Iohannes had much better luck with fishing then she did. 4 times she had cast her net only to be rewarded with 8 fish. At this rate it would take her quite some time to catch the 30 fish she had promised Iohannes for the repayment of the Net. She would simply have to work harder. If Fishing remained so poor for her, perhaps she ought to try raising sheep?

After fishing she had changed from her old robes, sponged down with warm water to rid herself of the fishy smell, and changed back into her simple robe. Someday...she would have a noblewoman's dress...someday. For now the simple clothing was best as she had to both work and study hard to accomplish her goals. Then she had lain down to sleep. Iohannes understood that she would not sleep beside him, for her virtue belonged to the man she would marry. Hopefully her reputation had not been overly damaged by the night time sail. They had been chaperoned the entire time.  Still perhaps accepting his invitation had not been the wisest choice she could have made.

Such were her thoughts as she thanked the Captain of the ship and disembarked returning to the land once more. Her belongings were in the Tavern she had stayed in the night before, but Iohannes had offered a room in the Palau Reial. It placed her in a bit of a quandary. as an unwed woman. Perhaps she ought to stay in the Tavern and explain things to him. Surely he would understand?

Her thoughts ran through her mind as she returned to the tavern, though she would have much rather taken Iohannes up on his offer of a room. On her desk lay the day's lesson from the Academy. She would not falter with her studies! Picking it up she returned to the common room. Requesting a cup of tea and a light breakfast from the server, Alys settled down in a chair by the fire to begin her studies.
Alys d'Gris
Duchess of Valencia
Ambassador of Aragona

(RIP) Gregorios Kantakouzenos

• General group
« Reply #26 on: 18 October, 2016, 09:27:46 AM »
The feasts after investments usually varies from philosophical debates over Plato's work to orgies with near to death sword fighting. But Ioans and the rest nobles kept their self respect even after wine drinking.

Next day the smell of spilled wine, food and the snoring of servants taking short naps at the floor, make anyone to imagine how a banquet hall become unrecognizable local tavern. Usually the hosts the other day of feasts are exhausted and the guests are planning their return trip.

After a talk with Captain Alexandros Kokkinos from Korinthos, i revealed my plans of returning after a short stop at Montserrat. My servants informed me about mysteriously docking and undocking of Santa Eulalia and i decided to visit the picturesque coast of Catalonia for my way to Valencia by road.

Alexandros Kokkinos

• General group
« Reply #27 on: 18 October, 2016, 10:30:17 PM »
The first appearance of light in the sky began and I was still dizzy from the last night feast so I decided to ride outside the city to see the sunrise and to put my thoughts in order.

Barcelona is a very rich city. For many years now, from the days of Jaime the Conqueror to those of Pedro the Great, all kings have asked for money to wage war, or for their courts. The citizens of Barcelona granted them the money, but in return won special privileges.

Then I turned my attention to the land by the shore. I could see five ships close in, near the island of Maians. To my right, I saw the mountain of Montjuic, which also swept down to the sea, and was surrounded by fields and plains; then the city of Barcelona itself. From the low promontory of the Mons Taber in the center, hundreds of buildings spread out in all directions: low houses built one on top of another, but also magnificent palaces, churches, and monasteries... I wondered how many people lives here, because the city was like a beehive crammed inside walls, with open fields beyond.

But it was time to go back. I will have to  farewell the Comte Ioans and to arrange my immediate return at Universitas Borgiana in Valencia because the lessons will start very soon.

(RIP) Ioans De Tata

• General group
Feast II
« Reply #28 on: 15 February, 2017, 12:21:07 PM »
Welcome to the Palau Maior, all ye ladies and gentlemen. For three days let the celebrations run, let us make merry and forget war and death and suffering, for we are in blessed companye.

Out of brandy again?, I asked the rational, raising my eyebrow. Well...luckily, one just need go down a couple of floors, to the dungeon, to observe my new modern press, thrice more pressing than the last. Whoever does, shall find me there for some time.

Iohannes

Gracia Mendoza

• General group
« Reply #29 on: 15 February, 2017, 09:17:15 PM »

After Empuries battle Gracia travelled to Barcelona to spend the night there and congratulate the just married couple.

She wrote a note in the Book of Guests:

" I wish you happiness in your marriage; that you always find love and tenderness, care and company in your soulmate"

15-Feb-1317, 19:53   You sent 1 Sealed scroll to Alys D'gris. Estimated time of delivery: 15-Feb-1317, 20:53