Author Topic: A life well lived, a country well loved, a faith well shared  (Read 795 times)

(RIP) Alexander VII

• General group
  • Honour: 1
  • When sinking, PRAY! -While good hands bail water!
A life well lived, a country well loved, a faith well shared
« on: 28 September, 2016, 12:10:32 PM »
 When you begin to write about a life, you should consider how that life will appear at death, even for the living.
I hope to speak the truth only, but confess, my view may be biased.  I am Janus Valerius, and here is my tale.

To begin with, this is the life of one man, maybe not a great one, but maybe again it will be....some day.
At the least it can be a chance for an informative lesson on life in the times after 1312 A.D. I am no scholar yet, but hope to be. I am a servant to my people and my faith, that is how I will one day ask my epitaph to be written. History may say anything else by then, because I will have been called to a better life after all.

It begins a somewhat average circumstance, an infant like all others. I was assuredly born with good health, though I am not the blessing you normally think of. Ten toes, ten fingers, and a set of lungs, I was told that as a child could wake the hounds down in the kennels, when I cried. The childhood was marred though by tragedy upon my birth, and now that I am older, I think it cost me something, but gave me all I am. I was the death of my mother, a woman I never met, but will not forget. She died in the labor that brought me into the world. It marked my family and in time it marked me.

As best I recall, I was born the third son of a minor "Compte de Mont Alban" who embraced our kingdom of France, against better wisdom, as the Provence and city of Nissa were of Savoy holdings. Until the age of 8 years I was raised among my siblings, an older brother (Bertrand) and an older sister (Bethany). My father (Phillip of Mont Alban) held me , it now seems, as some guarantor that the house name would survive to inherit, and I was unaware of the situations true nature until he discontinued my education among the clergy and minor nobility and pressed me to service of the church. Having no love of the Italian claimants to Nice, he insisted I head toward the other near capital of Theology, Paris.

These events were quite sudden and unexplained, yet they have bearing as they occurred immediate to my brother and sister, twins, reached their majorities. Ever the master politician my father had them  betrothed to some other houses of note in Southern provinces of France. As I recall, Bertram was wed to a minor noble dame from Santois, and Bethany was pledged and betrothed to one of the noble houses of Dijon. His lineage and heirs secured for the future, my father perceived me to be a burden, and no longer of greater personal value as a security. Though I had learned all lessons and chivalrous rites to a fair level of skill the point was moot without the wherewithal to support two such knights in the household.

The church accepted my service to the lasting benediction of my father and to their benefit as a secular assistant. I was never pressed harshly to adopt the vows of the Order, but I was continued in my education. It now seems the most logical of futures to me that I should  remain of value to France and to a greater glory than my father was prepared to imagine.

These events had all have lead me to the Royal city in search of the blessings of the Bishop and consecration of my soul to the furtherance of the Theologian faith for the salvation of the souls of France and to renew the vision of Emperor Charlemagne in a French lead Holy Roman Empire. Such a life long endeavor would have been foolish to have started anywhere but the Ile De France and among the courts and populations of blessed Paris.

I recall my first words to then King Henry de Bourbon. "I seek the service of France through my works within the offices of the Universal Theological Church." The Royal Court's Blessings and sponsorship toward that goal will always be most appreciated and Never forgotten. In time, my vows were taken under the tutelage of the great seminarian Cardinal Pimpo de Pimpi (later to be named Summus Pontifex of the Ancient Theological Church, Sisto V )  after a couple of months at the Sapienza University of Rome, thus  completing my earlier life of studies in this fine Studium for ecclesiastical research. Upon Ordination I was selected to become priest and canon of the parisian cathedral church, Notre Dame de Paris ("Our Lady of Paris"). Though young, it was a number of blessings and sorrows which had left this ancient church on the  Île de la Cité untenanted and in need of a knowledgeable shepherd. My blessings were beyond belief, but all was and is possible in Teos!

My presence was also valuable to the monastery and the beloved city as I had some small skill in carpentry from a mentor in my youth. I was able to apply this and received license for the monks and myself to open a carpentry to serve both church and Paris. This started, I was able to make some gradual financial progress in restoring the church and assisting the community. In time I became well acquainted with the kingdom officials whom I served arriving from The Palais de la Cité. In time the monarch, Henri de Bourbon recognized my service and my efforts to restore the church and named me Chaplain of France. This was not to be the last notable encounter between me and the nobility. I was asked only a year or so later to officiate the initiations of his Lordship Andrew Naughton and Lady Eleanor Berenguer, before their wedding and coronation as King and Queen Consort of England. The church and I were to be further blessed by their royal generosities in the future when a dark plague willed by El Diavolique himself struck Hibernian, Celtic, Brittanic, and the lands of Charlemagne. Before this though, the monarchy passed from Our friend, Henri de Bourbon to his adopted son, and former Cardinal of the true faith, Alex Richard Von Fersen Bourbon who named me again as Chaplain to France. To every one of these good souls I pray for the blessings.

Soon enough their charity and devotion, were to become facts well remembered, and I was glad to rescue several subjects, France's and England's citizens, and many other injured souls of the surrounding kingdoms of Northwestern Europe. Always I keep Teos near me and am very outspoken for the church, and now the congregation grows with new souls saved in France and other nations who come to be initiated in the Cathedral Church of Notre Dame. I will miss these simple ceremonies and healings some day, but continue. If pride is not overgrown I am now hearing that I am to be welcomed as an Archbishop of the Ancient Theological Church  for both France and Normandy.
Faith Defines All Things; their remembrances clearly defined make them living custom.