Author Topic: October Fest in Viken - Festa d'Ottobre a Viken  (Read 2180 times)

Costance D'hauteville

• General group
  • Honour: 0
  • Every day, a great day !
Re: October Fest in Viken - Festa d'Ottobre a Viken
« Reply #15 on: 05 October, 2016, 11:09:42 PM »
It  was a clear autumn morning , all the inn’s guests were still sleeping .
Costance , followed by Ingrid and the guards , went out and asked for the new church ‘s road .

They made a stop at the marketplace where the buying and selling went on all day and all night.
Seamen from different kingdoms wandered among the stalls drinking spiced liquors.
The air smelled of salt and frying fish, of honey and hot tar and incense.

She spurred her horse and after a few miles she held back the animal in order to admire the panorama and stood immobile for some minutes, looking at the simple but imposive church.

Then , turning to her companions, she said : “ Here , we can feel the presence of Theos .
Every stone, every massive wall of this church has a story to tell ; this is  a monument to the glory of Our Lord .
This Sanctuary, of simple and graceful lines, a short way from the village , immerse in the greenery around, is the ideal place for praying and thanking Theos of all this beauty He gave us .”

She dismounted and entered in the church , looking for a solitary corner where to pray for her people and all her friends.

Coming out , she said to her cortege : “ Every year we will repeat this feast with a great procession along the streets of the town , to reach this hill and this church .
Let’s go to the Castle, now , I have to thank  the lord liege and vassall of Viken for his magnificent job and for having given birth to this feast that will become a tradition for the danish people, in the future .”

Cristoforo Manfredi

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #16 on: 06 October, 2016, 11:30:49 PM »
Out of the inn , Cristoforo saw a young man asking to an older one about duels .

Good evening , lad ! Are you not too much young for fighting ? “ , he asked approaching to his fine grey mare out the stable door .

“I am Lord Manfredi , treasurer of Denmark,  nice to meet you .
If you are interested in some duels , you should ask to Lord Dè Pagani, , the vassall of Viken .
He organized this feast , you know ? ...but, tell me lad, are you so sure to want your belly opened in a fight
? “ , he laughed , mounting on his horse.

“ Come to the church tomorrow, the Bishop will bless all the people and probably you can meet the Lord of Viken, there ...ser ? which is your name , ser ?“ , he told to the young man .

(RIP) Grim Magnusson

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #17 on: 07 October, 2016, 03:48:24 AM »
The old man from in front of the tavern  found Lord Cristoforo Manfredi at the chapel "My Lord  that young Knight from a few days ago asked me to give you a letter.

Dear Lord Cristoforo Manfredi,  Your words the other day I must say if you think I fear death you are wrong.I will fight anyone who ask. An I shall fight for our Queen when ever she ask. If I must prove my resolve then challenge me.
                          Sir Grim Magnuson

Hugone Dè Pagani

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Da Florentia
« Reply #18 on: 08 October, 2016, 10:20:22 AM »
Another day was coming, the October Fest in Viken has called plenty of good people in town
The local market had never been so crowded and full of any sort of goods

Hugone got awake very early that morning because in his mind a focal point was well clear: "the fest is for the new church" so he sent a group of servant and guards to the place of church to get it ready for the fest in honor of the future priest of Viken who hopefully will be soon nominated by the bishop of Sjaelland his eminence Giovanni Da Cingoli

Hugone had just converted to the creed of Teos and was then a very fervent believer and follower, so he planned to go to the church that morning as soon as the preparations of the church and the front place was terminated. So he call his first servant to him and said

Goffredo, as soon as the church and the place will be ready for the Bishop coming, come to advise me. At that point, with my personal guards, I will come and meet people there waiting for Bishop and hopefully even Her Majesty our Queen

Goffredo bowed and said

It will be done, My Lord

and went with a rapid walking towards the churc

« Last Edit: 08 October, 2016, 04:04:34 PM by Hugone Dè Pagani »

Da Florentia

Cristoforo Manfredi

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #19 on: 09 October, 2016, 12:27:51 AM »
Cristoforo read the letter from that young man he had met some evenings ago, outside the inn .

“ How impatient and fearless are young men ! They don’t think to the value of the life , they want to face death , they are never afraid , brave ….and stupid sometimes ! “, he thought.

He chose his words with care , answering to that letter :

I am glad to know that you are ready to serve Her Majesty , ser.
My sword is pledged only to our Queen, too , and I am sure you will be a valiant and a  good soldier of the danish army, one day, but remember to keep your eyes well open and get your shield up or your head will ring like a bell , my friend , life is too much important for not fearing the death .
I don’t want to challenge you , I am very busy at the moment with some important matters , but you will have other occasions to give proof of your skills in arms and when you will come back to Viken I'll be happy to drink a beer  with you .
Best regards,

Costance D'hauteville

• General group
« Reply #20 on: 09 October, 2016, 11:53:48 PM »
Arrived at the castle , many soldiers crowded the yard and two guards flanked the carved wooden doors of the palace , spears in hand .
At the sight of the royal cortege and of  the queen , they bowed and knelt.

Costance was happy to meet the lord vassall, a man worthy of respect and a true friend for her.

Before entering in the castle , she turned her face up to the sky and closed her eyes .
She could feel the fresh northern air on her lashes , taste it on her lips . It was the taste of north, the taste of home .
When she opened her eyes again , she realized she was smiling : “ Another day”, she thought , “ another day of joy .Thank you , Theos, for all this gifts “ she said to herself observing the imposant figure of lord Hugone on the balcony .

She entered the hall where warm carpets covered the ground and beautiful tapestries the walls, looking for her noble and sincere friend.

A page accompanied her to a seat beside the fire , she took off her cloack, sat down and the place felt like home.

Giovanni Da Cingoli

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #21 on: 17 October, 2016, 11:44:09 PM »
There were more travelers than he would have thought on  the streets , a train of oxcarts , little chars bringing grain or wood , a crowd passing along the way .

He reached the castle of the vassall. He had choosen to wear simple clothes for the travel, so the guards did not recognize him .

There was neither courtesy nor warmth in their tone when they asked him who he was and what he was looking for .

Waiting at the gate, he told them to announce to their lord the arrival of the Bishop .

Gunnar Håmundarson

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #22 on: 21 October, 2016, 08:31:25 PM »
Good fellow Gunnar returned to Viken after a strenuous sea voyage. Crossing the Kattegat was hard in stormy weather, the vessel taking in lots of water and laying herself low in the water, but the experienced captain manouvered his vessel steadily through the storm and into the safe harbour of Viken. Or did Teos had a helping hand?

When Gunnar left Viken, the town was bustling with people, at the market, at the fair and at the inns. Now, there were not many people hangigng around, mainly the townspeople who lived there. Gunnar went to his field, he had lots of farming to do, and also some items to manufacture in his smithy.

Thinking back, his thoughts were upon a young man he met just prior to his voyage to Sjaelland. The young man wanted to challenge him to a duel. A duel. He couldn't risk being injured now, not before such an important event, and such an important journey, not when time was essential. So he talked the young man out if it. If that young man knew sho he was addressing, he would never have been challenged, but how was that young man to know? Gunnar was wearing only rags at the time, not his armour or his best clothes.

But Gunnar carried a secret. Not many days later, he received a scroll from the bishop of Sjaelland himself. He read the scroll, smiled, looked at the new church, and quickly entered his own hut. He had to write something very important. And so he did, but he wasn't satisfied with the first draft so he wrote another. He read it for himself. NOW he was ready.

Will the October-fest end with a huge celebration?

Hugone Dè Pagani

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Da Florentia
« Reply #23 on: 23 October, 2016, 09:43:31 PM »
Hugone was preparing himself to go to the new church when a page came to inform him that the Queen had come to the castle.
At this news the eyes of the vassal lit up and with great haste he went to the royal rooms that had been specially prepared for the Queen.

Hugone was tied to the Queen by a strong bond of friendship and despite being highly faithful and devoted to the representative of the Kingdom of Denmark the strong feeling that bound him to her often prevailed in his heart.

As he descended the stairs in a hurry, another page very excitedly joined him and warned him that the bishop had come to the castle, and stood at the door without his priestly vestments so that the guards had not recognized him.

Hugone gave instructions that the bishop was immediately accompanied to his apartment promising to go and get to him with full honors immediately after seeing the Queen
« Last Edit: 24 October, 2016, 06:11:46 PM by Hugone Dè Pagani »

Da Florentia

Costance D'hauteville

• General group
« Reply #24 on: 24 October, 2016, 11:40:20 PM »
Hugone entered in the hall and the smile he gave her warmed her heart.
Costance looked at her friend and after having greeted him , she said :

“ You have my thanks, my dear friend.You did a very good job in Viken , this feud is alive as never before . I visited the fields , the market, the shops, the new church.
May I congratulate you on your perfect work, here ? “

A servant entered with an oil lamp to light the fire and announced the arrival of the bishop.

Costance went out on the balcony for a few moments, the autumn air smelled sweet and fresh .
She was happy at the prospect of another ride the day after , to reach the new church with her friend Hugone and Bishop Giovanni .

The bishop joined them and they ate a good supper and  had a pleasant conversation.

It had been a long day and Costance took her leave reaching her bedroom .
Sleep came easily and when she wake the day was bright and warm.

Giovanni Da Cingoli

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #25 on: 25 October, 2016, 02:08:32 PM »
After a good night of rest  at the castle , Giovanni  , the Vassall  and the Queen   reached the new church .
He entered and saw a multitude of people assembled inside and outside the sacred building : he was so happy to see all those believers arrived in the city for the blessing of the new Church of Theos.

The Queen and Lord Hugone were at their honor places, the lady chancellor and her husband sat in the first pew .
All the nobles of Viken and of other regions of the realm wer arrived for the Octoberfest and now they were waiting for the consecration of the church.
Hundreds of simple peasants had found a place at the end of the nave or outside , on the porch.

Giovanni blessed all the people and consecrated the Church to Theos, the Mighty Lord .

He started to speak to the crowd  :

“ Brothers and Sisters,

When I choose this life of service , I was very young . My family raised some objections but I was firmly convinced of my choice and that to dedicate my life to Theos was the most important thing for me .

It’s a heavy life for those who are not called by Him , but it’s very simple for those receiving His calling.
Trust Theos, my sons ! Love Him and He will confort you . Hope and hear, hear His voice , pray and believe in His words.

Human weakness may be absolved, be strong in your faith inTheos and learn to forgive .
His features are shaped everywhere , in every cloud,  in every tree or flower, in every flag, filling the air at night  : the entire world is a proof that He exists .
Bless the Lord , praise Him and magnify Him for ever.

And now, let’s pray together  , repeat with me : “ Theos , font of mercy, save our sons and our daughters, and teach us the better way to serve and hear You ."

All the present people repeated the same words with fervor.

He made a little halt looking at the crowd , then he went on :

“ My dear sons, let me to introduce you, in this magnific day of feast, the new priest of Viken : Father Gunnar.
He will be th shepherd of the Viken souls . Follow him and his teachings, he will preach the word of Theos.
And  with a cheering smile, he invited Father  Gunnar to reach him , leaving him the word.

« Last Edit: 25 October, 2016, 02:10:16 PM by Giovanni Da Cingoli »

Gunnar Håmundarson

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #26 on: 25 October, 2016, 06:49:59 PM »
Gunnar rose, and moved to the altar to face the congregation. He must have been a little nervous, because he stumbled on a ledger, making him wonder for a short second if it was a bad or a good omen. He was dressed in a brand new cleric's robes, and wearing a new copy of the Holy texts in his hand. And at the altar stood the holy chalice.

He braced himself and addressed the congregation:

"Your Majesty. Dear congregation.

With humbleness I address you all, either you are common citizens, lords, clergymen or even our monarch. It is with a humble heart I stand here and speak to you, in the newest church in Denmark. With this sermon, wich is my first one in this church, this church is from this day on officially opened. But the house of Teos has already been open to use for those who wanted and needed to say their prayers.
I hereby accept the post as your new priest here in Viken, and with the help of Teos, father Tebaldo and bishop Da Cingoli, I shall be here for you, the children of Teos. I shall be here for you and give you guidance and consolance in hard times like these we have to endure now, with wars, riots and all kinds of dreadful diseases. I shall do my very best to help, but I ask you all to show patience with me since this is my first office as a cleric, and I may have to seek guidance from father Tebaldo and bishop Da Cingoli in the beginning of my services here.

There were many reasons as to why I have chosen to take up this office. It started with Teos who opened my eyes to the hardships in this world, and telling me to do something with it. So Teos guided me all the way to Rome, to meet His Holiness Sisto V, the pope, where I spent many months studying the holy texts. I have many people to thank for all this, but first of all I would say a thank to all the people in Denmark for this lovely and wonderful new church wich was built with the speed of light, and by the contribution not only from people in Viken but people from all over Denmark, who came here to take a part in the building of this church. And may it stand as a monument for the strong will to stand together as a united nation.

I must also give my credits to father Tebaldo Di Altavista, who helped me open my eyes to see the light of Teos. And a special thank to our beloved queen, Costance D’Hauteville, for all support and assistance. I also want to send my thanks to cardinal Palmerino Caracciolo and pope Sisto V, without whom I would never have been here. I also want to thank our bishop Giovanni Da Cingoli and the archbishop of France and Normandy Janus Valerius, and of course Hugone De Pagani, the Vasall in Viken and all the others who had faith in me and believed in Teos and helped let His will be done.

As the Savior said to Rocco in The Book of the Savior, chapter XI: «I give to you the mission to establish the Church, it must become One, Holy, and Universal to survive my death. To you  I leave the task of governing, on my behalf, my Church; and I tell you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you lose on earth, shall be lost in heaven, and thus the Community of Theology shall be born into this world.»

And here we are in the newest churchbuilding in Denmark. But the church is far more than a building, a church is a group of believers following the same faith. Let us hope that this new church, this new parish, this congregation, will make more people come to believe in Teos and the Savior. So let our Teos be proud of us and use the new church, both to come here and pray and in other matters, in bad times as in good times. The door of this church will always be open for you, children of Teos as you all are. And we hope that you all shall come here to pray as much as you can.

May you all be blessed and go in peace with Teos, and make Him proud of you."

After Gunnar's speach or sermon was over, bishop Giovanni Da Cingoli stepped forward and proudly presented Gunnar the keys to the church, with the words:

"With these keyes I give you control of this church. From now on you are responsibel for it to Teos and to me. Take well care if it, and take good care of all the followers of this faith belonging to this church."

And then the churchbells started to toll.

« Last Edit: 25 October, 2016, 07:05:49 PM by Gunnar Håmundarson »