Author Topic: [Closed] Case A028: State against Ciaohound Balliot  (Read 2880 times)

(RIP) Sergey Bezrulniy

• General group
  • Baby Member
  • Honour: 0
[Closed] Case A028: State against Ciaohound Balliot
« on: 04 May, 2016, 10:44:33 PM »
By the power of Law given to Kievans by Her Majesty Grand Princess Elizara and by power of Order blessed of Our Triune God, High Court of Grand Principality of Kiev start this prosecution against crimes committed by Ciaohound Balliot upon signal received from Father Fyodor, Diakonos in Chapel of Kiev.

Ciaohound Balliot is accused of violating of Laws of Grand Principality of Kiev: Enemies of Kiev, Law against diseases, Law against Pagans.

Prosecution will be represented by Baron Dmytro Wheatbeer, Monk of Patriarchal Church and Drill Master of Kiev.

Ciaohound Balliot has 24 hours to name his lawyer or to declare selfrepresentation.
« Last Edit: 13 May, 2016, 10:51:53 PM by Sergey Bezrulniy »
Sergey Bezrulniy, King of Lithuania

(RIP) Sergey Bezrulniy

• General group
  • Baby Member
Re: Case A028: State against Ciaohound Balliot
« Reply #1 on: 05 May, 2016, 10:10:25 PM »
Since Ciaohound Balliot went into meditation, we kindly suspend judgment until he returns.

O.O.C. We will continue to court when he reappears online

« Last Edit: 05 May, 2016, 10:20:03 PM by Sergey Bezrulniy »

(RIP) Sergey Bezrulniy

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #2 on: 06 May, 2016, 08:31:03 PM »
Since Ciaohound Balliot back, continue to court.

The Accused can to name his lawyer or to speak for himself.
The sentence in the case of a conviction will be carried out at the end of the meditation.

Meanwhile the Prosecutor could start his speech, and list all the crimes of the defendant.

(RIP) Sergey Bezrulniy

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #3 on: 08 May, 2016, 09:57:55 AM »
Since the prosecutor is absent (O.O.C. due RL reasons), the court will be suspended until his return. To not cause inconvenience to the accused - restrain not be imposed and the defendant is free to leave the country and not be at the same time automatically condemned as a fugitive.

(RIP) Sergey Bezrulniy

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #4 on: 10 May, 2016, 09:03:36 AM »
The Prosecutor is come. Continue the court.
The Prosecutor could start his speech, and list all the crimes of the defendant.

He has 24 hours to do it.

(RIP) James Broden

• General group
« Reply #5 on: 10 May, 2016, 12:16:05 PM »
OOC

How can you run a court case when the person on trial is in Meditation? They are away from the game maybe on hols ect so putting 24 hours for them to respond is pointless as you can do nothing to them while on Meditation.

(RIP) Dmytro Wheatbeer

• General group
« Reply #6 on: 10 May, 2016, 10:53:51 PM »
Dmytro Wheatbeer, the prosecutor, slowly enters the hall. He looks weary, but happy, as if he has had a rough, but pleasant holiday time.
Good day to everyone. I beg pardon for my sudden absence. But now I am back and ready to carry on my duty as a designated prosecutor on the case A028: State against Ciaohound Balliot and present the accusations:

1) Ciaohound Balliot  is accused of being on the lands of the Grand Principality of Kiev on May 4 1316, irrespective of the fact, that he was proclaimed an Enemy of the Grand Principality of Kiev on April 5 1316. Evidence attached:
(the third from the bottom. Use this link if needed http://i.imgur.com/puql592.jpg)

Below will be listed the enemies of Kiev. Their presence in lands of Grand Principality of Kiev will be punished according to special article of Laws of Grand Principality of Kiev.

Ciaohound Balliot
The accused was proclaimed an Enemy of Kiev almost one month before he was noticed on the lands of the Grand Principality of Kiev, and he did not possess or had asked for a permission from the government officials.

2) Ciaohound Balliot is accused of violating the Law against diseases of the Grand Principality of Kiev, proclaimed on April 5 1316, which reads: "It is forbidden to any contagious disease carrier to enter or to stay in lands of Grand Principality of Kiev." I humbly ask the judge to note, than the accused had not received a permission to stay, which may be given in some cases by government officials. Evidence attached:

(the third from the bottom. Use this link if needed http://i.imgur.com/puql592.jpg)

As you can see from the evidence, Ciaohound Balliot was located in Kiev on May 4 1316 while being sick, without a permission.

3) Ciaohound  Balliot is accused of violation the Law against Pagans of the Grand Principality of Kiev, proclaimed on April 5 1316, which reads: "It is forbidden to any Pagan to be in lands of Grand Principality of Kiev. Only personal permission given by Grand Princess or Vassal of Kiev can release from this prohibition." I humbly ask the judge to note, that the accused did not ask for any permission, therefore he was not allowed to be in Kiev. Evidence Attached:

As you can see from the evidence, Ciaohound Balliot worships paganism, and he was located in Kiev on May 4 1316 not being granted a permission.

I hereby finish presenting the accusations against Ciaohound Balliot. I thank the court for giving me the word to speak.

(RIP) Sergey Bezrulniy

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #7 on: 11 May, 2016, 09:14:39 AM »
Well, thank prosecutor.
The case looks pretty obvious.

Have the accused to say something in his defense?

leaned back in his chair and prepared to wait 24 hours

Ciaohound Balliot

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #8 on: 11 May, 2016, 10:30:22 AM »
A slip of paper arrives from the mediation chamber. 

" Dear Honorable Sergey Bezrulniy, Officer of the High Court of Grand Principality of Kiev,
Since no evidence was presented within the 144 hours of the opening of the trial at  04 May, 10:44:33 PM, alas there is nothing to refute officially.  The higher law states in very black and white terms that "The maximum duration of a Trial is 144 hours."  (emphasis is in the original text and is not added by the defendant.)   Regrettably, Your Honor has no recourse other than to dismiss the case immediately.  Although the higher law provides that 'A trial schedule may be shortened or increased if all the involved parties agrees.' such agreement was never requested nor granted ... either by the prosecutor on his rough, but assuredly pleasant holiday or by the defence.   The trial ended precisely at 10 May 10:44:33 PM.  - Ciaohound Balliot"

on the back was added an postscript   "While it would be both simple and lovely to dismantle the hastily assembled yet ultimately insufficient evidence presented at 10 May, 2016, 10:53:51 PM in the empty courtroom after the end of the trial, there is no need to further add disharmony to the courts or tardy prosecutor of Kiev.  If the judge were to reflect closely on the letter of the law posted in all three charges, the judge would smile since the holes would be immediately self-evident.  I shall now resume my previously scheduled mediation.     You are welcome to join me in mediation when you are ready to seek enlightment.     HMMMMMMMmmmmmm......"

(RIP) Sergey Bezrulniy

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #9 on: 11 May, 2016, 10:28:19 PM »
hmmm

looking scrolls

laws date ... the accused came ... uh-huh

All looks correct. The laws were published, the accused came, violated the laws and went to the meditation chamber.

O.O.C. About timings etc feel free to ask Highest Court directly.

(RIP) Sergey Bezrulniy

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #10 on: 11 May, 2016, 10:29:19 PM »
Prosecutor could present final remarks.

(RIP) Dmytro Wheatbeer

• General group
« Reply #11 on: 12 May, 2016, 11:26:43 AM »
The prosecution has nothing to add as for the matter.

Ciaohound Balliot

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #12 on: 12 May, 2016, 03:18:49 PM »
Honorable Sergey Bezrulniy, Officer of the High Court of Grand Principality of Kiev,

When you are ready for my final remarks, kindly let me know.

(RIP) Sergey Bezrulniy

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #13 on: 12 May, 2016, 08:53:06 PM »
clears his throat

Give the floor to the accused for the last remarks.

nods to  Ciaohound Balliot

Ciaohound Balliot

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #14 on: 13 May, 2016, 12:05:34 PM »
A note arrived from the mediation chamber ...  in 4 parts for easier contemplation.

I: Tick, Tock
Elapsed time on trial    204 hours  aka 60 hours past the maximum legal limit of 144 hours
More to point  now 159 hours has ticked by after the trial reconvened 06 May 08:31:03 PM 15 hours past the legal limit ... only to await the prosecutor enjoying his rough but pleasant holiday (and while the world shudders to contemplate what the prosecutor wearily yet happily finds rough but pleasant, one can only note that he is a drill master.) 

The second violation of time limit was strictly for the pleasure of a prosecutor.   I move for immediate dismissal on the second limit ... and ask for a formal statement that the court follows (or chooses to ignore) the trial length requirements.

II. Sunlight and Moonlight
Let me dedicate the balance of my closing remarks to evidence presented by the prosecution after the end of the trial.   While he is no doubt a capable drill master, his glaring holes leave an honest judge no credible option but to dismiss the case.  The shocking turn of events is that drill master's slipshod evidence appear to have exposed a moonlit pagan conspiracy gnawing at the heart of the Kiev government.

In my prior note to the court from the meditation center, I had suggested that the judge review the lack of evidence in private to spare the prosecutor from vivid sunshine on his failings ... but it now dawns on me the judge wants this same sunlight to light up the conspiracy overshadowing Kiev.

III. The evidence failure  3,2,1
The Kiev laws cited by the prosecutor are crisply summarized as three (3)  trigger conditions  (being a pagan, being a plague carrier, and being .. .well, me!)   two (2) restrictions (must not enter and must not stay) and one (1) exemption (may seek/obtain permission).

Let's examine each in reverse order: the lack of proof for each is grounds for dismissal.  As importantly, they shed the light on the underlying pagan moon rising over Kiev.

A-  Exemption and Permission
Regarding the seeking of permission as an exemption to the restrictions, the prosecutor entered no evidence that permission was unsought nor that permission was withheld.   He merely stated that he thought nothing had happened.  Samples include

I humbly ask the judge to note, than the accused had not received a permission to stay, which may be given in some cases by government officials. Evidence attached:
(none was attached)
I humbly ask the judge to note, that the accused did not ask for any permission, therefore he was not allowed to be in Kiev. Evidence Attached:
(none was attached)

No witness were introduced, no evidence provided.  Proof by assertion may be acceptable in the training grounds but it fails as legal proof.   (His inability to introduce these senior government witnesses gives the first hint of the larger conspiracy, but I'll come back to that.)  Lacking any proof to rule out exemptions, the judge must throw the prosecutor's case out on this point alone.

B- Entering or Staying
Let's turn next to strictures: each follows the construct "X must not enter nor stay in the lands..."    eg It is forbidden to any contagious disease carrier to enter or to stay in lands of Grand Principality of Kiev.

The prosecutor has proven neither branch of the "or" : no proof of entering nor proof of staying.   He has not shown that I entered the lands of Kiev.   (in fact that would have been impossible since one would have to leave before one could enter)    He has not shown that I stayed in any land.  I carefully avoided staying anywhere and kept moving in order to fulfill the letter of this law.   No stays in inns, no stays in purchased houses. just plenty of vodka and vodka substitutes to prop up energy.   

The prosecutor did place into evidence one snapshot as I transited; the fallacy of taking a picture of a ship passing a harbor entrance and asserting that the ship stayed there.    He also mistated the laws of Kiev to cover up his lack of evidence.      eg the actual law is "It is forbidden to to enter or to stay in lands of Grand Principality of Kiev to any person mentioned in this list."
The prosecutor states that law as
" Ciaohound Balliot is accused of being on the lands of the Grand Principality of Kiev"
A clever paraphrase which might carry the day in the Training Grounds, but an entirely different wording and meaning that fails in the courts.
Again due to the lack of evidence of Entering or Staying, the judge must throw out this case.

C- Triggers
Finally let's visit the conditions affecting entering/staying: pagan, plague, and persona.

The first trigger is being pagan (Charge 3): certainly true and is central to the conspiracy the prosecutor has unearthed.  As the court may know from other postings, I arrived in Kiev to investigate the dismantling of pagan churches across Fair England.  We've heard rumors swirling that the pagan building were being rebuilt in Kiev as secret temples. 

Importantly, the drill master states "It is forbidden to any Pagan to be in lands of Grand Principality of Kiev"    Again, not the wording of the Kiev Law.

The second charge is being a contagious disease carrier is not true.  First I draw your attention to the photo submitted as evidence by you, the judge, on 05 May, 10:10:25 PM  and again on 06 May, 08:31:03 PM.    If you contrast those pictures with the evidence from the prosecutor dated 04 May   The judge's evidence indicates no disease.   Second, I can swear honestly before the court that I have taken zero plague damage since arriving in the capital.  The clever reader might begin to discern the location of the secret pagan temple by where my disease changed. 

Third, I have also followed the law of Kiev as a behavioral backup.   The law says "It is forbidden to any contagious disease carrier..."  By moving continuously and by interrupting the course of the disease. I have prevented myself from being contagious.    A savvy prosecutor would enter evidence that I was contagious, locating anyone who had contagiously contracted the disease from me -- but of course, that was not possible due to my caution, so this absence is no slight on our venerable drill master.

The third charge is persona: being me.  That is joyously true, but not illegal under the law.  Here is what the Kiev law states:

It is forbidden to to enter or to stay in lands of Grand Principality of Kiev to any person mentioned in this list.

and then there is no list contained in the law.   Therefore, no one is barred under this law. A poorly written law to be sure, but the letter of the law nonetheless, which the judge and court must follow.

Deeper than a publishing issue which the court has hinted it may ignore(but will be grounds for appeal and ultimate dismissal) it might be more intriguing to examine the "why" behind the list cited by the drill master: why it is editable, who edits it and why is my name there.    While I had speculated amusedly that my prowess threatened the kingdom. little did I realize that I had stumbled upon a different deeper truth.   

My search for the missing pagan temples DID threaten the grand Principality because those secret temples DO exist and senior Kiev officials ARE in secret pagan cults.  Only senior leaders could have directed the teams to dismantle pagan temples around the world and craft laws to disguise their nature.   I could not discern their exact identity of those Kiev leaders when my plague halted  during their pagan rituals (they wore masks as pagans do when they cavort in the light of the full moon), but the lunar glow left it clear that both genders were involved since masks were the only thing they wore (as Pagans also do when they cavort in the light of the full moon) 

Was I flagged since I did have the plague?  Possibly the Kiev pagan leaders foresaw that their moonlight ceremonies might halt my disease and that this remission would expose their shocking secret.   Is the list editable in order to response to other visitors seeking the truth? Whoever suggested names for the list might easily be central to the conspiracy. 

IV Next Steps
Where does this leave the court?   The prosecutor has offered three charges 1) being ciaohound   2) being contagious, and 3) being pagan
Due to the lack of evidence of missing permits, I move for immediate dismissal of all three charges
Due to the lack of evidence of entering or staying, I move for immedate dismissal of all three charges
Due to the no names being on the published list, I move for immediate dismissal of charge 1
Due to the lack of being a contagious disease carrier, I move for immediate dismissal of charge 2
Due to the prosecutor mistating the law under which he was charging me, I move for immediate dismissal of charge 1 and 3
Due to the abandonment of the principals of time limits for trials, I have already moved for immediate dismissal of all charges.   
Due to the second abandonment of time limits, out of control of the defendant, I move for immediate dismissal of all charges.
Any one of the reasons suffices for the judge to dismiss -- and each one requires a separate  judge's ruling if the court plans to ignore that reason.

I take heart that the judge asks to pour sunlight on this case and on this conspiracy via public and open discussion of the shortfalls in the drill master's case.  I presume, of course, that the judge is not party to the pagan conspiracy: however, if the court refuses to dismiss for 7 independent and valid reasons, eyebrows will skyrocket across Europe.  Naturally, the court could simply say that it is not part of the conspiracy... but that's just what a conspirator would say.  Deeds, not words, will carry the day here. If the drill master proved zip, you must acquit. 

The road ahead
Dismissal alone won't flush out the secret temple nor the identity of the pagan conspirators in the Kiev leadership.   As I have been saved from the ravages of the plague, so others will be drawn to that pagan light. and therein lies the danger to Kiev: your secret Pagan leaders.   

Another court has already been tricked into asking Pagan leader James Balliot to take up an extended stay in Kiev -- inviting, nay mandating that James Balliot stay in Kiev when the law clearly expressly states the Pagans are not to stay. Clearly the pale wan finger of conspiracy has already tickled its way into the court's chambers.

Restoring Kiev
My counsel (in addition to dismissal) is to restore the temples to England to draw the pagans there.  Since Kiev is famed as a stout redoubt of the venerable Patriarchal faith, it does not need pagan temples. Kiev may also want to purge its leadership to flush out this hidden pagan influence.  When the temples are rebuilt in England, carefully monitor if any show up to dismantle those temples again.  They are likely part of the pagan conspiracy casting a moonshadow over Kiev.  England would likely welcome those pagan leaders kicked out of Kiev: Albion is a stout redoubt of the venerable Pagan faith. You may also extend careful protection to the drill master: it was his failure in prosecution which first shone sunlight on the pagan conspiracy. Ultimately, those choices are for Kiev to make: it may prefer to be infiltrated by Pagans.

I shall now resume my previously scheduled meditation.   Any remain welcome to join me in meditation when you are ready to seek enlightment.  Of course in recent developments, only those who are free of the plague may enter meditation.   HMMMMMMMmmmmmm......"