Author Topic: Resource Navigation of the Kingdom of Scotland  (Read 1506 times)

(RIP) Kyle Graham

• General group
  • Honour: 0
Resource Navigation of the Kingdom of Scotland
« on: 04 December, 2015, 11:44:29 PM »
I'm a really visual guy and any new Scot trying to find his way in the wyrld would like to know
what resources are nearby his home and what is available should he decide to travel.

Here is a map with the region name and what resource is available in thaer region. 
The Scottish Mainland is on the left and Far Scotland is on the right.

Here is a table I built which documents what I've found in regards to what has been built in each
Scottish Region.  If you have information to add, post it here and I will update the table:

Legend:
  X = Not Built
 8) = A Building has been built
 :-* = Level 2 private building built (This means they can offer work!)
<blank> = I don't know!  Please reply to this topic and I will update if you know what it is.
Region* = Indicates a Far Scotland Region

Region Resource   Tavern   Market   Prison CarpenterBlacksmith   Inn     Potter   Tailor Herbalist  Well   
Agder*Coal
AngusPigs
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
ArgyllCows
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
AthollSheep
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
Bergenshus*Stone
BirwickBees
X
8)
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
BuchanIron
8)
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
CaithnessSheep
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
CarrickForrest
8)
8)
X
X
X
8)
X
X
:-*
X
CumberlandClay
FifeCows
8)
8)
X
X
8)
8)
X
X
8)
X
GallowaySalt
LothianStone
8)
8)
8)
8)
8)
8)
8)
MarSheep ;)
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
MorayCoal
8)
8)
8)
8)
X
X
X
X
X
Rogaland*Iron
RossGold
8)
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
StrathclydePigs
X
8)
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
SutherlandStone
8)
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
Telemark*Forrest
8)
8)
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X

Another interesting bit of information is how to value your hard labor and the goods produced from it.  This little spreadsheet I found on the ME Wiki does just that based on a value of raw resources coupled with time required to produce the good.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wjksNlR5YURlvkTKO5lMd81z1blGcfdr31qwdL1N8rM/edit#gid=3

« Last Edit: 01 February, 2016, 09:51:33 PM by Kyle Graham »

(RIP) Soroosh Khakshoor

• General group
  • My Motto: Do Whatever You Want Just Be Yourself
Re: Resource Navigation of the Kingdom of Scotland
« Reply #1 on: 05 December, 2015, 12:19:23 AM »
OOC:

Ain't gonna disappoint you friend since you done a great job but
http://rpforum.medieval-europe.eu/index.php/topic,12026.msg82308.html#msg82308
^^ Checked it out :)
« Last Edit: 05 December, 2015, 12:22:21 AM by Soroosh Khakshoor »

(RIP) Kyle Graham

• General group
« Reply #2 on: 05 December, 2015, 01:33:52 AM »
Whoa!  Very Nice!  That'll make a great world reference!  To bad there wasn't a buildings built reference to impart regional opportunity to apply to it as well!

(RIP) Evaine Madsen

• General group
  • Baby Member
« Reply #3 on: 05 January, 2016, 06:35:13 PM »
As a citizen of Carrick, I would like to inform you that it does now host a tavern, market, inn, and herbalist (lv2). If you care to update it, of course. And even though there is a wyrld map in existence, I personally like the localized Scotland map. It is a quick and easy way for Scottish citizens to see what Scotland has to offer, which is what is most important after all. Plus, you are keeping a tally on the location of shops, taverns, and structures. That is a huge plus.

Great effort for Scotland! Keep up the excellent work.

(OOC: Instead of smile faces for the regional structure map, maybe try to make it something that can easily be seen quickly? I find myself having to stare hard to determine if the face is a frown or a smile. Perhaps a simple [ ] for none, [1] for level one, and [2] for level two? Just some constructive improvement ideas in my opinion, but it works as is too!

Edit: Upon my travels through Strathclyde, I noted a market.
« Last Edit: 05 January, 2016, 07:42:25 PM by Evaine Madsen »

(RIP) Kyle Graham

• General group
« Reply #4 on: 06 January, 2016, 12:13:30 AM »
Evaine,

Thanks for the feedback!

For the indications, I would like to use checkmarks and Xs or even thumbs up or down to indicate the presence of a building in a region, however, unless I use the emoticon images provided as short cuts by the BBcode it is a huge pain in the rear end to line up and be able to code at all...  If I find there are more images available to this forum's BBcode, I'll use something that is more distinguishable.  In the interim, I've used the 3 smiles that I think are the most different from each other.

Additionally, I've added in the resource map for Far Scotland as I've termed it.  I've found nothing that documents what resource is present at Adger.  Not even the ME PDF map mentioned in a prior post seem to show it.  Perhaps one day someone will travel to Far Scotland and bring us back news of Adger?  :)

Best Regards!

Kyle Graham

(RIP) Kyle Graham

• General group
« Reply #5 on: 06 January, 2016, 12:41:22 AM »
Her Royal Highness Giulia Aldobrandeschi, Queen of Flanders was very kind to help us fill in our missing resource from Adger, Coal.

I've updated the map in the original post.

Many thanks, Your Highness!